Page 575 of 929 FirstFirst ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 ... LastLast
Results 14,351 to 14,375 of 23206
    Pretty sure Pfizer was the first vaccine to get conditional approval or whatever they called it so makes sense they'd get full approval first.

My take is Pfizer is more organized and has more experience running trials and getting approvals. FDA doesn't run these trials, it's up to the manufacturers to pursue licensing. Moderna is pretty new company. J+J, not sure why they are slower. Pfizer submitted their application and results first. (It's worth noting Biontech did the inventing, and used its partnership with Pfizer for most everything that makes a product sell)

Maybe J+J sees the mRNA vaccines are better, or their development just took longer. Might be hard for J+J to enroll for their trial when mRNA is the hot vaccine. J+J's business case in the US seems much weaker than the other two. Spend millions on a trial, sell millions of vaccines, make millions of dollars. The other two companies will sell 100 millions of vaccines and make hundred millions of dollars. Despite some flaws, regulated capitalism seems to be picking the best products here.

The right question may be, how did Moderna succeed to the degree it has? Invented the best vaccine, got an EUA, and managed to manufacture and sell a shitload of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    For J&Js single-dose regimen, vaccine recipients were sampled approximately five and eight weeks after the single-dose vaccination. Separately from the study, recently released J&J data shows a second dose significantly increases efficacy.

The authors emphasize that all four vaccines are extremely effective at preventing severe disease. While neutralizing antibodies are a strong correlate of protection, antibodies alone are not the only factor when it comes to vaccine protection.

FWIW, while such a regimen is not approved in the U.S., in other countries J&J or AZ followed by an mRNA 2nd dose appears more effective than two doses of mRNA (but not the other way around).
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    J&J is now advocating a second dose:
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/2nd-do...ry?id=80138043
    A lot of semantics. Why is J and J's second dose called a booster in the article? Instead of the second of two doses like mRNAs. I realize that booster is being applied to doses beyond the initial Phase 3 trial regimen, but why is it so hard to understand that the ideal regimen might change over time. Booster has become a dirty word for some people.

To put it another way--aren't the people who say the vaccines were tested too quickly right, in one limited sense? As I recall the trials for all the US approved vaccines combined Phase II ad Phase III, but Phase II is normally where different doses are compared, isn't it? and that I don't believe was done in the trials. So now we're beginning to find out what the ideal dose might be.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    The right question may be, how did Moderna succeed to the degree it has? Invented the best vaccine, got an EUA, and managed to manufacture and sell a shitload of it.
    Name:  IMG_4966.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  50.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Thanks

A lot of semantics. Why is J and J's second dose called a booster in the article? Instead of the second of two doses like mRNAs. I realize that booster is being applied to doses beyond the initial Phase 3 trial regimen, but why is it so hard to understand that the ideal regimen might change over time. Booster has become a dirty word for some people.

To put it another way--aren't the people who say the vaccines were tested too quickly right, in one limited sense? As I recall the trials for all the US approved vaccines combined Phase II ad Phase III, but Phase II is normally where different doses are compared, isn't it? and that I don't believe was done in the trials. So now we're beginning to find out what the ideal dose might be.
    There was a separate phase 2 for modeRNA, and I thought Pfizer, too. But in that vein, picking a shorter interval moved the trials faster, and wasn't that basically the only reason not to lengthen the interval?

Aren't all subsequent doses boosters, as in prime/boost?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Name:  IMG_4966.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  50.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    this make it here yet?

[/FONT][/COLOR]

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...ive-trend.html
    Ohh wow..... they are missing a secret ingredient )

I know why i always come back here!!!!

Misinformation at its best!

The amount of wrong stuff comming out of peoples mouth is scary!
    A friend start talking (smart guy) i had to interupt after the first three corona / vaccine topics and point out he is wrong. He even pulled his laptop
    To search something ?????
    Fyck people read/hear somethinh and then blindly spreading this bullshit.

He is vaccinated and smart and still talking shit.
    The roona is affecting the brain of our society
    : ( it is sad

Still being happy and not get pulled in the troll hate universe is a key for mental sanity.
    But in a crazy world a crazy person is normal : )

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    And prayer. Don’t forget prayer.
    What about thoughts?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    There was a separate phase 2 for modeRNA, and I thought Pfizer, too. But in that vein, picking a shorter interval moved the trials faster, and wasn't that basically the only reason not to lengthen the interval?

Aren't all subsequent doses boosters, as in prime/boost?
    Vaccines weren't developed to address the delta variant, correct? Wouldn't the trials have analyzed different intervals if they were trying to deal with the delta variant rather than what was at hand at the time? Maybe the dose regimen was "ideal" for previous strains but not for delta.

I will show my ignorance again in asking, is it just semantics to say dealing with the delta variant seems to be helped by another dose, rather than calling it a booster? It matters not to me, but I guess if we're trying to keep the antivaxxers at bay maybe we need to worry about such things?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Chevy AstraZeniVan?
    Chevy Astrovanica ?
    Chevy Astrozanica ?
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    My take is Pfizer is more organized and has more experience running trials and getting approvals. FDA doesn't run these trials, it's up to the manufacturers to pursue licensing. Moderna is pretty new company. J+J, not sure why they are slower. Pfizer submitted their application and results first. (It's worth noting Biontech did the inventing, and used its partnership with Pfizer for most everything that makes a product sell)

Maybe J+J sees the mRNA vaccines are better, or their development just took longer. Might be hard for J+J to enroll for their trial when mRNA is the hot vaccine. J+J's business case in the US seems much weaker than the other two. Spend millions on a trial, sell millions of vaccines, make millions of dollars. The other two companies will sell 100 millions of vaccines and make hundred millions of dollars. Despite some flaws, regulated capitalism seems to be picking the best products here.

Yep, likely preferred provider agreements and well-oiled paperwork processing with appropriate admin support. I can only imagine the bureaucracy that goes into this stuff, so having a competent, efficient support staff can likely shave months off approvals/time to market.

Does anyone know what the system will be in regards to the mandate and non vaxxed? I know they will need to be tested. Are they required to do PCR or Rapid testing? What is the consequence if positive? Are they to quarantine for 10-14 days, and provide a clean test for return?
    I ask only because of the nonsense show 'The View' and the false positives they recently experienced with the hosts. Are you allowed to get multiple tests in case there is a false positive? What if its a false negative?

Seems like these questions should be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Does anyone know what the system will be in regards to the mandate and non vaxxed? I know they will need to be tested. Are they required to do PCR or Rapid testing? What is the consequence if positive? Are they to quarantine for 10-14 days, and provide a clean test for return?
    I ask only because of the nonsense show 'The View' and the false positives they recently experienced with the hosts. Are you allowed to get multiple tests in case there is a false positive? What if its a false negative?

The simplest thing is if people just…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I don’t think the OSHA rules have been released.

to my review and reading last night,

the Federal mandate does not have a testing alternative
    ( I did not find Federal references ; I was reading news reports. but
    in none, did I find mention of a testing option. )

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The simplest thing is if people just…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    while I understand that, and you understand that, apparently 70million dont...hence the question, but thanks for the "same ole same ole".

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

skiJ
    isnt that only for the health care segment? I was more referring to the 100+ employee mandate. I thought there was still a testing option?

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

skiJ
    AFAIK, There is no exception to vaccination for federal employees, federal contractors or healthcare workers that work for an organization that takes Medicare.

Why? Why should they be discussed exactly?
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Why? Why should they be discussed exactly?
    Well they seem to be details to the broader plan. Shouldnt those that dont get vaxxed have an idea of how it will all work for them? 70 million of them. I get there is an easy solution...really i do, but it doesnt remove the fact that details are important.
    I suspect that 70 million will come down quite a bit, people need to work, but there will still be holdouts. There will likely be long drawn out cases for exemptions in the courts....all this can affect the entire "system" in the long run.
    Why is the only discussion "vax or I dont give a shit about you"?

?????????????????

???????????????????
    FK, you are annoying.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Why is the only discussion "vax or I dont give a shit about you"?
    You have a point there. That discussion is stale and should have morphed into "why don't humans give a shit about people who don't give a shit about people?" by now. Admittedly, a pretty thin topic, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    What about thoughts?
    How are we ever going to know whether it's the thoughts or the prayers that are working better if we always use both of them?

Why is the only discussion "vax or I dont give a shit about people who don't give a shit about other people"?
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    How are we ever going to know whether it's the thoughts or the prayers that are working better if we always use both of them?
    Very good point.

I ask only because of the nonsense show 'The View' and the false positives they recently experienced with the hosts.
    I'm curious how they knew that they were "false positives?"