Page 706 of 929 FirstFirst ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 ... LastLast
Results 17,626 to 17,650 of 23206
    Antivaxxers are so weird. The guy that owns Camp 4 coffee here in CB is a well known prepper. He has one of those cabins up by the reno-flag-bear-deadman trailhead stocked with a year's worth of ammo and MRE's. He's ready for the zombie apocalypse. What we're dealing with now is probably as close to that as we'll ever get, but he won't get a simple shot. So weird. In a related matter, anyone know of a really kick ass half-caff whole bean provider?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    So weird. In a related matter, anyone know of a really kick ass half-caff whole bean provider?
    PM tgapp

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Pretty sure I'm gonna get my booster. I have to fly to the east coast for Xmas and besides my mom everyone else at any of the xmas stuff will be unvaccinated.
    That's your answer, then. If you could make a case that you would reduce your chance of an exposure to some truly insignificant value it might be worth thinking about the downsides of a vaccine. Otherwise it's just needless worrying because you know the odds of a problem are massively higher from disease (maybe call it 1000x--can you get to 0.1% chance of exposure?). As MU suggests, worrying about really unlikely side effects might up your chances for a psychosomatic reaction--the side effects in the placebo group were significant.

Antivaxxers are so weird. The guy that owns Camp 4 coffee here in CB is a well known prepper. He has one of those cabins up by the reno-flag-bear-deadman trailhead stocked with a year's worth of ammo and MRE's. He's ready for the zombie apocalypse. What we're dealing with now is probably as close to that as we'll ever get, but he won't get a simple shot. So weird. In a related matter, anyone know of a really kick ass half-caff whole bean provider?
    you want a bag of coffee that has half caffeinated beans and half with the oil removed (i.e. decaf)?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Is his the weird-ass property with the aspen-log/dirt berms all around the front of the property with strange shit planted on the berm?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Is his the weird-ass property with the aspen-log/dirt berms all around the front of the property with strange shit planted on the berm?
    Correct. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%BCgelkultur

And yes, AA, we switched to half caff after my wife was injured and came to like it. Don't get as jittery.

I wondered what was going on with that shit...

Correct. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%BCgelkultur

And yes, AA, we switched to half caff after my wife was injured and came to like it. Don't get as jittery.
    I've been getting two bags of the same coffee bean type and doing the mix manually prior to brewing. For example, two bags of sumatra but one is decalf and one is not.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cry_vaccine.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	394921

Pretty sure I'm gonna get my booster. I have to fly to the east coast for Xmas and besides my mom everyone else at any of the xmas stuff will be unvaccinated.
    As a athlete long covid can wreck your career in a week

I'm preparing for some attacks here:

I'm an athlete that trains and races at a fairly high level these days and I'm kinda getting freaked about getting the booster. Scheduled for over a week from now. I had Pfizers back in March.
    I read little on the athlete issue and my thinking might be poisoned by internet news. I don't train rigorously, though I try to get a good cardio workout every few days. I got my second shot from Stanford, and they said to take it easy for a few days. This makes sense to me... if one did get unlucky and have cardiovascular issues, the first recommendation is going to be rest anyway. Working an injured heart or lung makes things worse (wish I'd known this after a lung injury earlier in life). Work a few rest days into your training. If you've overtrained, the break may improve your performance.

As for booster benefits, there's a chance the 2 closely spaced pfizers resulted in an incomplete immune response, and getting a booster now will broaden your T-cell response. That response happens over weeks. The booster also strongly boosts your circulating antibodies. That response happens over days. The antibodies are thought to contribute strongly to efficacy against infection, boosting you back to 90% or so (in studies). The T-cells are thought to contribute to the lasting high efficacy against severe disease, and the boost takes you from really good (85ish%), to even better (90 somethingish). The virus expert I listen to most (Vincent Raccianello), says why get a boost, the studies show protection against severe disease remains high. I look at the same data and say the boost dramatically reduces the chance of symptomatic infection, and also cuts the low risk of severe covid in half.

That's to say, maybe time your booster/break to start a few days prior to travel, and resume your training on arrival. That gets you most of the antibody benefit dialed up before travel. And your rest period overlaps travel when training is difficult anyway. I'd treat the booster as an intense workout - i.e. easy workout the prior day. Training at a high level means you're tracking a bunch of vitals - those will tell you when you're recovered and ready to work hard. Give post-boost rest an extra day if you're paranoid?

Surely there's some exercise physiologists and other trainers associated with universities or pro-sports who get Covid questions and have intelligent answers more informed than mine. And may know of some actual studies (if any exist). Maybe your trainer has contacts/references.

48 hours after my booster + flu shots and I was back on the slopes. Well, slope. I was a little out of breath but otherwise fine. Went back up again yesterday, and was totally fine, no more shortness of breath, back to 100%.

I had the Pfizer shots not Moderna.

I'm sure your mom/ family are all wonderful but I just wouldn't go cuz its still possible to get Covid

but the chances of ending up in ICU/ dying are greatly reduced
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Omicron case in MN with travel hx to NY... at an anime convention... OK we can drop the travel ban now.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Omicron case in MN with travel hx to NY... at an anime convention... OK we can drop the travel ban now.
    Travel bans are BS, travelers don't all layover in airports all the way home.

As it should be...

Berlin (CNN)Germany on Thursday announced a nationwide lockdown for the unvaccinated, as its leaders backed plans for mandatory vaccinations in the coming months.
    Unvaccinated people will be banned from accessing all but the most essential businesses, such as supermarkets and pharmacies, to curb the spread of coronavirus, outgoing Chancellor Angela Merkel and her successor, Olaf Scholz, announced Thursday, following crisis talks with regional leaders. Those who have recently recovered from Covid-19 are not covered by the ban.
    The pair also backed proposals for mandatory vaccinations, which if voted through the parliament could take effect from February at the earliest.

Under the tightened restrictions, unvaccinated people can only meet two people from another household. Bars and nightclubs must shut down in areas with an incidence rate above 350 cases per 100,000 people over one week. And the country would limit the number of people at large events like soccer matches.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/europ...ntl/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Travelers don't all layover in airports all the way home.
    What idea are you trying to convey here?

We should ban anime conventions

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Only way to effectively restrict would be a 14 day MANDATORY supervised isolation/quarantine for EVERYONE COMING IN FROM EVERYWHERE regardless of citizenship/what their passport says. If this was Ebola that's what they'd be doing (I hope).
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

We have person to person transmission of the new VOC at a mega-mass gathering in the US. There is no need for full quarantine. There is no longer a utility in a travel ban. Just test people.

I guarantee you it will show up in sequencing in several other US states in the next 48 hours.

Good thing kids got 2nd shots today. Now time to find a booster for myself...

Just another data point: Done with 24 hours post-Pfizer booster; some minor to moderate mental fog yesterday PM, slept well and felt entirely fine this morning. Yay, I crossed the line completing another lap of Covid avoidance.

And if this coming Saturday's tempo run is more than a few seconds slower than my par, I'll be sure to let you know.

Omicron in CO.

Omicron in CO.
    And people call us a cultural wasteland.

Omicron in CO.
    We have person to person transmission of the new VOC at a mega-mass gathering in the US. There is no need for full quarantine. There is no longer a utility in a travel ban. Just test people.

I guarantee you it will show up in sequencing in several other US states in the next 48 hours.
    They'll have to keep with the political theater for some time though, just because.

Daughter had dose 2 on Monday. With all the uncertainty and her absolute insistence in getting the shot asap the decision was made not to extend the interval. Slightly cranky with stomach ache day 1 after completing school day with sore arm. New light stomach ache evening of day 2 and tired after school so we skipped indoor soccer.

besides my mom everyone else at any of the xmas stuff will be unvaccinated.
    Why would you go then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........