Page 303 of 929 FirstFirst ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 23206
    Would be more entertaining if the handlers would provide even a basic level of science or math so rj could analyze the least sucky studies and regail us with Moscow's spin. Not even trying is a yawn.

I can see that some people don't want to be vaccinated.
    Their processes and conclusions stray far from critical thinking and it's completely consistent that they fail to understand the difference.

The CDC, Nature and the Mayo Clinic are far from corporate media.

Often, they can't understand basic math or read graphs.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    One reason the CDC hasn't emphasized this point or the media reported it is that AFAIK there aren't good numbers yet for delta. It is undoubtedly true--by orders of magnitude, but numbers would be useful. Maybe they're out there; can't say I've knocked myself out looking for them.
    WRT vaccinated people don't transmit the virus at the same rate because they are considerably less likely to be infected in the first place:

The CDC also provided slides showing an 8X reduction in incidence and 25X reduction in hospitalization and death vs unvaccinated.

There's also a new study from Singapore showing not only do vaccines stop people from getting sick with Delta, but also clear viral loads MUCH faster. Even though breakthrough infections have similar viral loads at onset, they decline rapidly. So vaccinated breakthroughs should contribute less to spread than unvaccinated because they are infectious for a shorter amount of time.

There's local data too. In places like San Diego county where infections by vaccination status are tracked, fully vaccinated folks are 8X less likely to become infected by delta.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    America has an outrageously high proportion of immature induhviduals.
    kind of like all the vaccinated people who don’t think they should have to wear masks anymore…. 🤷🏻♂️

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    For posting a news story?
    I was alluding to the previous thing you posted that someone thought reflected your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    WRT vaccinated people don't transmit the virus at the same rate because they are considerably less likely to be infected in the first place:

The CDC also provided slides showing an 8X reduction in incidence and 25X reduction in hospitalization and death vs unvaccinated.

There's also a new study from Singapore showing not only do vaccines stop people from getting sick with Delta, but also clear viral loads MUCH faster. Even though breakthrough infections have similar viral loads at onset, they decline rapidly. So vaccinated breakthroughs should contribute less to spread than unvaccinated because they are infectious for a shorter amount of time.

There's local data too. In places like San Diego county where infections by vaccination status are tracked, fully vaccinated folks are 8X less likely to become infected by delta.
    appreciate the post

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    kind of like all the vaccinated people who don’t think they should have to wear masks anymore…. 🤷🏻♂️
    I think that’s the point of getting vaccinated? I thought you said masks don’t work? You’re too dumb to be clever.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You’re too dumb to be clever.
    I gave up trying to make sense of that guy's posts long ago. Must have got hit in the head with a hockey puck when he was a small child.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Meanwhile, virtually no one in this thread can comprehend why some people might not want a vaccine, yet I'm the one without any critical thinking?
    I think a big part of the skepticism you claim not to understand can be understood if you watch the video of the screaming preacher and remind yourself that those people are the people you've allied yourself with--they think like you, they're on your side. If that doesn't give you pause, nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Must have got hit in the head with a hockey puck when he was a small child
    Well, he does have Roy's number

I think that’s the point of getting vaccinated? I thought you said masks don’t work? You’re too dumb to be clever.

id love for you to show where I said masks don’t work… I was just showing the irony of the same people who talk about quarantining and masking up are the same people who have the vaccine now and don’t want to mask because of freedumbs

id love for you to show where I said masks don’t work… I was just showing the irony of the same people who talk about quarantining and masking up are the same people who have the vaccine now and don’t want to mask because of freedumbs
    We don't want to mask because we SHOULD be past the need by now. But thanks to you and your ilk, we're backsliding. That's where the resentment comes from. This backslide is totally unnecessary, and would not be happening if not for those afraid to get a shot.

Get it now?

What is this jibberish? It’s barely comprehensible. I’ll make it simple, we masked and social distanced before we had the vaccines, now that we have vaccines we should be able to move on. We can’t move on because people like you won’t vax for no good reason.

We haven’t had anyone treated at the hospital that I work at for vaccine related problems. These vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna in particular, are one of the most successful interventions in medical history.

We don't want to mask because we SHOULD be past the need by now. But thanks to you and your ilk, we're backsliding. That's where the resentment comes from. This backslide is totally unnecessary, and would not be happening if not for those afraid to get a shot.

Get it now?
    not quite sure what you mean by me and my ilk? I have natural antibodies, which have been proven to be just as effective as the vaccine at fighting off Covid. But keep thinking everyone needs a vaccine. I had chicken pox as a child; you don’t see me going out and getting a chicken pox vaccine afterwards.

I'm vaxxed and have no issues with putting a mask on. Epic fail dipshit

Western Canada , BC and AB , are now maskless with AB ending all restrictions including contact tracing and the legal requirement to isolate after a positive test. BC put back masks in a hot spot.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

not quite sure what you mean by me and my ilk? I have natural antibodies, which have been proven to be just as effective as the vaccine at fighting off Covid. But keep thinking everyone needs a vaccine. I had chicken pox as a child; you don’t see me going out and getting a chicken pox vaccine afterwards.
    So you're saying if you hadn't got the rona, you would get vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I can see that some people don't want to be vaccinated.
    Their processes and conclusions stray far from critical thinking and it's completely consistent that they fail to understand the difference.
    Where did my processes and conclusions on not getting vaccinated stray far from critical thinking?

The CDC, Nature and the Mayo Clinic are far from corporate media.
    You still hold the title for the craziest thing I've seen posted on here when you claimed that distrust in government was some right wing think tank plot so it's no surprise you have bind faith in institutions. How do you not see that there is huge pressure to not stick a toe outside the lines of the accepted mainstream narrative? Scientific institutions are far from the noble truth seeking centers you think they are.

Even if there were some type of evidence that came out that made it 100% clear that masks don't help, I don't think any of these places would change their position publicly - too many reputations at stake.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...event-shingles

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

So you're saying if you hadn't got the rona, you would get vaccinated?
    I probably will get vaccinated once the vaccines are done with EUA and there is a significant advantage to getting a vaccine over natural immunity (I.e Covid-24 that natural immunity doesn’t cover) currently, most of the data shows that if you’ve had Covid and have natural antibodies you have about the same protection from hospitalization as the vaccine. Nobody knows how long natural antibodies last; same with the vaccines. There are theories that the vaccine antibodies last longer but there isn’t enough long term data to make that conclusion (the vaccine hasn’t been out for a year and even Covid hasn’t been here for 2 years yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    holy fuck you’re retarded. Literally in the first paragraph it states that the vaccine is for people who “don’t recall having chicken-pox”

you don’t get a shingles vaccine if you’ve had chickenpox…

You should get a shingles vaccine though.

I think a big part of the skepticism you claim not to understand can be understood if you watch the video of the screaming preacher and remind yourself that those people are the people you've allied yourself with--they think like you, they're on your side. If that doesn't give you pause, nothing will.
    They don't think like me. Big difference between my thought process and theirs (God will protect me).

There's plenty of dumbasses on your side too - like the nutjobs yelling at someone for not wearing a mask outside, or the people wearing masks in cars by themselves.

You should get a shingles vaccine though.

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-...t-shingles-too

you sure about that…?

Promotors be promotin'

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    They don't think like me. Big difference between my thought process and theirs (God will protect me).

There's plenty of dumbasses on your side too - like the nutjobs yelling at someone for not wearing a mask outside, or the people wearing masks in cars by themselves.
    Difference between the nutjobs on "my side" and the nutjobs on your side is that those on your side are dying for the cause.

So who's the bigger nutjob?