Page 387 of 929 FirstFirst ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 23206
    Aren't most people aware of vax hesitancy among people of color due to mistrust over past abuses? It seems like what's happening is the media isn't continuously bringing it up except in areas with black audiences?

Will you girls knock it off? I’m sorry that’s offensive to women, you children.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Aren't most people aware of vax hesitancy among people of color due to mistrust over past abuses?
    No. Not "most people ".

FWIW, the issue was discussed here.

There are also socioeconomic issues. The poor working class often struggle with transportation and or taking time off both to get the vax as well as recover from the vax. Unlike 'antivaxxers' who are philosophically opposed to vaccines, vax hesitancy is not necessarily antivaxx.

Well, maybe my point is that there are probably hundreds of posts here all about how the white trash won't vax, when, it ain't just them, but class differences trump race every day in upper class whiteville.

A lot of the so called "white trash won't vax" posts are more often about the misinformation being spread by the antivax crowd. We know a lot of antivax elites are in fact vaxxed themselves. If poorer communities are being taken advantage of for political gain then that seems like a legitimate source of anger.

My antivax friend thinks the vaccine is part of an agenda to reduce the population.

I can’t seem to penetrate the fog enough to get him to just think about that for a minute…. Look at who’s not getting vaccinated, bro, do you really think Bill Gates and Anthony Fauci and Bohemian Grove or whatever are trying to kill off most of the liberal elite and academia and government and almost everyone in medicine and prison guards and police and fire and military?….. and select for infowars conspiracy paranoids and ultrahippies and angry fundamentalist hillbillies? Seriously? That’s the group of survivors they’re trying for?

Re cable news... IMO if you want a fairly clear picture of what's going on in this country you only need to watch two news shows: Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer on CNN, and Special Report with Bret Baier on Fox. Both are hard news shows with decent reporters that will give you stories and information the other isn't covering. Neither show gives blatant misinformation, the bias is usually in what they choose to report or omit.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, maybe my point is that there are probably hundreds of posts here all about how the white trash won't vax, when, it ain't just them, but class differences trump race every day in upper class whiteville.
    However, if you think that the white trash aren’t the leaders in anti-vax sentiment and propoganda, you are in full delusion mode. The unvaxxed black population certainly aren’t being evangelical about it. There are no protests, no violence, no op Ed’s, nothing.

In other words, the white trash want to be R7 on anti-vax.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    However, if you think that the white trash aren’t the leaders in anti-vax sentiment and propoganda, you are in full delusion mode. The unvaxxed black population certainly aren’t being evangelical about it. There are no protests, no violence, no op Ed’s, nothing.

In other words, the white trash want to be R7 on anti-vax.
    The Trumpenvolk aren’t poor.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    She's super jealous of all things FRS and making noises about copyrights and such
    im sure we can set er up on some sort of affiliate payout deal to channel all the royalties
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    My antivax friend thinks the vaccine is part of an agenda to reduce the population.

I can’t seem to penetrate the fog enough to get him to just think about that for a minute…. Look at who’s not getting vaccinated, bro, do you really think Bill Gates and Anthony Fauci and Bohemian Grove or whatever are trying to kill off most of the liberal elite and academia and government and almost everyone in medicine and prison guards and police and fire and military?….. and select for infowars conspiracy paranoids and ultrahippies and angry fundamentalist hillbillies? Seriously? That’s the group of survivors they’re trying for?
    This is going in my back pocket for my friend the Gatesophobe. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    im sure we can set er up on some sort of affiliate payout deal to channel all the royalties
    Yeah, I told her to expect a few pages of paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The Trumpenvolk aren’t poor.
    That's also another solid fact that CNN won't tell you.

Yeah, but most of ‘em surely ain’t rich, either.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

However, if you think that the white trash aren’t the leaders in anti-vax sentiment and propoganda, you are in full delusion mode. .
    I think the disagreement is on what constitutes white trash. Some folks think white trash needs to mean white, poor, uneducated. However some of the trashiest people i know make decent money at professional jobs, have a BA, but live their lives like some cross between Jerry Springer, Teen mom, and a Joel Osteen gathering.

They drop the n-bomb, are obviously uncomfortable around gay folks, are debt leveraged to the tits, are drunk 3 nights a week, but talk about concealed carry responsibility, are in-and-out of marriages/live-in relationships on a regular basis, and talk and act very "urban" when angry. They also love talking about being disrespected and get into an above average amount of confrontations. The kind of people who will bring up a religon/politics/money at dinner or social events and proceed to be confrontationally aggressive it.

Money/education does not make a person have class. that said, i also know a lot of VERY classy republicans that held their nose, and sheepishly voted for Trump in 2016/20. But they arent the ones storming the capital, posting about vaccines on SM, or putting Blue Lives Matter stickers on their cars.

No. The classy ones are the really greedy ones. The ones who know better, but just want the tax cuts.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Yeah, but most of ‘em surely ain’t rich, either.
    I used to think that till I saw all the loaded #trumptrash that moved to Montana in the last year. They got plenty of money.

Hospital workers in Maine will be required to be vaccinated by October 1. Already a nursing shortage and it will be interesting to see how much of an impact it has

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Holy crap, you think there's a difference. As though CNN hasn't been making bank preaching to the choir about how the white trash hasn't been vaccinating, while some of the lowest vaccine numbers are urban blacks, you know, the Biden voter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4327695A-52F0-4622-BDDB-B7FCE53D5BA0.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	364.4 KB 
ID:	383183

Trump tells followers at rally in Alabama to get the vax; gets booed
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...nated-n1277404

I thought this was fascinating. It's about 30 minutes long. Republican pollster who gave us such popular phrases as "death panels" takes on 30 pro-Trump, anti-vaxxers. You'll be yelling at the computer, I promise. There's a lot to unpack though.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/736/the-herd
    Start at 32:30

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I thought this was fascinating. It's about 30 minutes long. Republican pollster who gave us such popular phrases as "death panels" takes on 30 pro-Trump, anti-vaxxers. You'll be yelling at the computer, I promise. There's a lot to unpack though.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/736/the-herd
    Start at 32:30
    That was very interesting, thanks.

I really hate Frank Lutz for his years of political manipulations, but glad he’s doing the right thing in this case.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I really hate Frank Lutz for his years of political manipulations, but glad he’s doing the right thing in this case.
    Luntz was also on a July episode of In the Bubble: https://omny.fm/shows/in-the-bubble/...rie-taylor-gre

Here’s an interesting deep dive into the data from Israel regarding vax efficacy and severe disease:
    “Vaccine efficacy vs. severe disease for younger (<50yr) = 1 - 0.3/3.9 = 91.8%

Vaccine efficacy vs. severe disease for older (>50yr) = 1- 13.6/90.9 = 85.2%”

https://www.covid-datascience.com/po...VLP2ZRktQxH12w