Page 46 of 929 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Bloomberg News yesterday updated their vaccine tracker and California has the dubious honor of doing the worst job of getting vaccine in peoples arms. CA has only administered 38% of doses they have been supplied. CA has a huge budget surplus so its not from a lack of funding. Winners of this competition are West Virginia 78%, New Mexico 74%, Louisiana 60,% Utah 60,% Texas & Indiana 57%.

Lowest rates are Virginia 40%,Minnesota 41%, Massachusetts & Kentucky 43%, Maryland & Ohio 44%.

This is not the fault of the Federal Govt if they put the vaccine in the hands of local officials and they are not getting it done. WI my home state is at 50% and the Governor is complaining that they need more vaccine. WI is still not giving it to nursing homes and many have not even been contacted. IMO states tried to be too cute about who gets it first and when they found that more people than they thought refused to take it they have had to alter the administration process. States that took a more direct route of 65 and older sign up and you will get it had plenty of people to vaccinate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...-distribution/
    Surprised oregon is over 50%. Also not sure if blasting through vaccine doses haphazardly is a good thing, if that's what some states are doing

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Busted in WA:
    But does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Did we go to the same superspreader clinic at VH?
    I went to HHS in ASE.

Summary: 5G reception unimproved.
    My only real side effect was sore shoulder. Some of the guys felt pretty sick though.
    I still get tested every week, guess we'll see.
    I'm glad it's done.

I hope the distribution chain gets sorted out soon, and everyone who wants one can get one. Biden's goal was what, 100 million vaccines in his first 100 days?
    north bound horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Surprised oregon is over 50%. Also not sure if blasting through vaccine doses haphazardly is a good thing, if that's what some states are doing
    If you mean by haphazardly giving it to everyone 70+ (UT) or 65+ (FL) then I guess they are guilty. 81% of the deaths nationwide are 65+, vaccinate them and the hospitals are practically empty. WI for example identified all kinds of groups that should be given priority including all fire and police personnel including administrative staff regardless of age. Probation and parole officers and DNR wardens are also at the top of the list along with Optometrists. In the meantime many nursing homes have not been provided vaccine.

They are making this way more complicated than necessary, front line healthcare workers first and then the most vulnerable which is the low hanging fruit. When you do 65 or 70 plus its a large pool that is easy to identify and they are eager to get the vaccine.

My 79 year old father got his shot this morning at a Publix in Naples. Love the fried chicken at Publix, best grocery store ever?
    crab in my shoe mouth

DA FUCK, CALI?!?!?!?
    I'm on three different waiting lists and none of them can/won't tell me if they even have any doses. I've yet to actually talk to any one that's gotten a jab in my age group (65-75). And we've only administered 40% of what we've been allowed?!?!?!?

If you mean by haphazardly giving it to everyone 70+ (UT) or 65+ (FL) then I guess they are guilty. 81% of the deaths nationwide are 65+, vaccinate them and the hospitals are practically empty. WI for example identified all kinds of groups that should be given priority including all fire and police personnel including administrative staff regardless of age. Probation and parole officers and DNR wardens are also at the top of the list along with Optometrists. In the meantime many nursing homes have not been provided vaccine.

They are making this way more complicated than necessary, front line healthcare workers first and then the most vulnerable which is the low hanging fruit. When you do 65 or 70 plus its a large pool that is easy to identify and they are eager to get the vaccine.
    I meant the issues we're having, where people are jumping the line. One of Our neighbors went to a mass vax site with their 20 year old college kid and got the first of two doses... they're in their 59s and not frontline workers. Sounds like there is plenty of that going on around the country. Our hospital ICUs are full according to my doc friends here. Seems like we can do better.

WI hospitals are empty? That's not what my family back there has told me.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    But does it work?
    Ask splat?

I meant the issues we're having, where people are jumping the line. One of Our neighbors went to a mass vax site with their 20 year old college kid and got the first of two doses... they're in their 59s and not frontline workers. Sounds like there is plenty of that going on around the country. Our hospital ICUs are full according to my doc friends here. Seems like we can do better.

I don't see how "jumping the line" has anything to do with how a state has set up their priorities. I would think doing 65+ makes it harder to jump the line but either way that is a separate problem.

In fact 19% of WI hospital beds are empty, here are the numbers which I track everyday. Yesterday statewide we had 785 inpatients, the fewest since October 5th. On November 16th there were 2278 Covid inpatients and 456 in ICU, yesterday 178 in ICU so no, your family is wrong. Pay particular attention to the graph at the bottom of the page, pretty dramatic drop off in hospitalizations. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wihospitals.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	313.1 KB 
ID:	359304

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    My very healthy sister in law and brother in law, neither of whom are in any sort of first responder or public role, are 42 and they got jabbed by jumping in a random line in Seattle one night. SIL made the mistake of putting this fact on FB and got a decent ration of shit. I have no clue how this is being launched in Seattle as I expect to simply wait it out until my number appears to be called, but it sure seemed like a haphazard way to go about administration.

Just happy that my 70 year old mother, who is a cancer survivor and volunteers in Hospice and my MIL, also 70 and cancer survivor, are signed up.
    Heard similar stories. I looked at the recently rolled out WA state website looks as if the whole thing is being done on honor system.

Got to say I'm torn. If you're the only person waiting in line is there even a line.

My 87 year old father living in UK got his a couple of weeks ago. The whole thing there is being organized and scheduled centrally through the NHS. Seems a better way than joining a random line at a Walgreens on the spur of the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Hank Aaron got the vax.

Be like hank

Batter up?
    . . .

don't be a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    ...... The whole thing there is being organized and scheduled centrally through the NHS. Seems a better way than joining a random line at a Walgreens on the spur of the moment.
    ^^^ This.

Centralization doesn't fix everything, but the current covid situation screams for it.

Salt Lake County and UT seem to have it under control. We are 70, got out first dose Thursday, process was good, sign up online, appointment etc. They have stopped taking appointments as they will not have vaccine for new appointments until late February. My guess is scheduled appointments and second dose needs have exhausted expected supply.

We need to get the J &J vaccine in the supply chain, that will make a huge difference.

Thats disappointing, I would think that they would be turning people away who don’t fit the criteria unless they were going to have expired vaccines the next morning.

Will these people now be going on an international vacation “because I’m vaccinated “? Seems selfish at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    DA FUCK, CALI?!?!?!?
    I'm on three different waiting lists and none of them can/won't tell me if they even have any doses. I've yet to actually talk to any one that's gotten a jab in my age group (65-75). And we've only administered 40% of what we've been allowed?!?!?!?
    Idk what’s up with yolo co. My FIL is a resident and just got poked yesterday. He’s 76, but I’m generally good health. I’m not sure how he signed up, but it was based on his age.

It’s frustrating to watch how it’s unfolding in CA. High school teacher friends in some areas are back in the classroom teaching with no notice about when they’ll be poked while all school workers in our area will be mass vaxed this week. I think this was a union negotiated condition. But many of our schools will immediately reopen before the first vax has taken effect....

We need to get the J &J vaccine in the supply chain, that will make a huge difference.
    And the AstraZeneca vaccine. It's already approved in several countries but the FDA made them redo the trial because of a screw up resulting in a subgroup of people only receiving a half dose.

With so many people dying, it's a stupid and petty decision. We even have an AstraZeneca Factory in Baltimore ready and waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    We even have an AstraZeneca Factory in Baltimore ready and waiting.
    Waiting? That's an interesting decision on its own.

Apols for the ambiguity. Should read: AstraZeneca has been ramping up manufacturing capacity at the Emergent BioSolutions’ plant in East Baltimore with millions of doses ready and waiting for distribution upon regulatory approval.

And the AstraZeneca vaccine. It's already approved in several countries but the FDA made them redo the trial because of a screw up resulting in a subgroup of people only receiving a half dose.

With so many people dying, it's a stupid and petty decision. We even have an AstraZeneca Factory in Baltimore ready and waiting.
    Wasn't there also an issue about inadequate data in older patients? so approve it for younger patients and save the pfizer and moderna for the elderly until more data.
    I know a lot of people think the vaccine development has been rushed. Given the number of people dying I think the opposite. They need to start cutting some corners. If a vaccine makes it through phase 1 without killing anyone and it produces a good antibody response, start giving it to as many people as you can, consider that your phase 3 trial, compare to data we already have to the approved vaccines. This is not like the swine flu fiasco which never killed anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    don't be a douche.
    That ship sailed long, long ago.

Apols for the ambiguity. Should read: AstraZeneca has been ramping up manufacturing capacity at the Emergent BioSolutions’ plant in East Baltimore with millions of doses ready and waiting for distribution upon regulatory approval.
    Phew...although that sort of puts an even finer point on it.

I don't see how "jumping the line" has anything to do with how a state has set up their priorities. I would think doing 65+ makes it harder to jump the line but either way that is a separate problem.

In fact 19% of WI hospital beds are empty, here are the numbers which I track everyday. Yesterday statewide we had 785 inpatients, the fewest since October 5th. On November 16th there were 2278 Covid inpatients and 456 in ICU, yesterday 178 in ICU so no, your family is wrong. Pay particular attention to the graph at the bottom of the page, pretty dramatic drop off in hospitalizations. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wihospitals.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	313.1 KB 
ID:	359304
    looked at Wisconsin' covid tracking website and ICU capacity is no longer shrinking in the major populated ares. Sounds like you already knew that and that's what the concern was from my family members back there. It's not a matter of raw number of hospital beds...unless you think the hospital is a great place to spend a few nights unexpectedly these days. Anyhow, thanks for correcting me.

Here in Oregon the mass vax sites are honor code operated. So if you're an asshole you could go to the one at the state fairgrounds for example, and tell them you're a frontline worker and get vaxed. That may have changed after assholes like my neighbor jumped the line with the 20 yr/old college kid who has now had their first shot. This is not totally uncommon here, as I've heard of several similar stories. I know some people that flew down to Cali to jump the line as well. Not sure how they pulled it off.

Point is a plan is great, but there will always be assholes

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    So here in Montana the first phase of vaccinations aka "1b" includes "people of color". I can be considered a person of color. I was born in Colombia. I am not "white".

This puts me in kind of a weird place. I don't want to take advantage in any way. I also wonder if I really am more susceptible. I never really thought about it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    So here in Montana the first phase of vaccinations aka "1b" includes "people of color". I can be considered a person of color. I was born in Colombia. I am not "white".

This puts me in kind of a weird place. I don't want to take advantage in any way. I also wonder if I really am more susceptible. I never really thought about it like that.
    IMO you should get the vaccine now. It's consistent with the state's plan and big picture you're helping everyone get to herd immunity. Don't feel bad for your ethnicity, you're just doing your part.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that