Page 191 of 929 FirstFirst ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 23206
    2nd dose of Pfizer today at noon. Looks like I am in good company. So, there's weed in this stuff, right? I had the munchies after the first shot, and am rolling that way again. Hoping for no major symptoms, just like the first time. I barely could even tell where they did the shot the first time. Hope I'm not the placebo that just got THC.

appparently the hot spot in NAfor cases ( percapita ) is Alberta

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...erta-1.6011577
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Interesting that the US is already at the stage of hand-wringing about how people are refusing to get vaccinated. Meanwhile, in the Bay Area, now, it's still not easy to get a vax appointment, unless one is willing to check online multiple times per day, or drive to somewhere about an hour away (I've heard appointments are now pretty wide open in the central valley); a neighbor just signed on for an appointment in Salinas, not at all nearby, a couple weeks from now, until she can get something else better.
    You are really saying that a 2 hour roundtrip is a whole heap of trouble to get vaxxed? Dude, you drive 8 hours (minimum) to go skiing. Id say a 2 hour RT and checking a website a couple times a day for a week is pretty damn easy to get vaxxed against a historic pandemic.

^ Well sure. Just saying, not enough people taking vaccines isn't the story here in my burg.

Appointments were hard to come by when I signed up for my first one the first week of April. My second appt was automatically scheduled 3 weeks later. A week before my 2nd appt a lot of places in San Diego were offering walk up vaccinations, or had openings for appts. A lot of city and county sites no longer require appointments. The super sites still require them, but those are drive up sites and the appointments are meant to keep them from getting overrun at certain times of day.

Pfizer #2 done…now the wait to see if get the hangover…

My niece and BIL had no problems getting appts at the UC Davis Med Ctr. They live in the South Bay. BIL got a same day appt. Niece got appt for the next Saturday (she had HS classes during the week).

It looks like Pfizer is getting approval for ages 12-15 next week!

A lot of reports of people not getting the second shot. This is based on vaccine providers like drug chains reporting that people didn't come back. At least some of those folks got their second shots somewhere else, including me. I couldn't make or reschedule my second shot at Rite Aid but was able to get it a week late at Kaiser. So the number of people who didn't get number 2 is less than reported.

Don't get too enthused about those reports that the EU may accept vaccinated Americans. First, there's the issue of establishing reliable proof that one is vaccinated, besides that stupid card they gave us.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Don't get too enthused about those reports that the EU may accept vaccinated Americans. First, there's the issue of establishing reliable proof that one is vaccinated, besides that stupid card they gave us.
    I'm sure this is part of why they wanted our insurance information when we got jabbed. The record goes to the insurance provider, which in turn can be our proof for being vaccinated, other than that stupid card. Also, if you happened to get your vaccine at a pharmacy like Walgreens, CVS, Osco, etc. I know they're keeping the records as well. If you went to a mass vax site and/or lied about your insurance then maybe it's just the stupid card.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A lot of reports of people not getting the second shot. This is based on vaccine providers like drug chains reporting that people didn't come back. At least some of those folks got their second shots somewhere else, including me. I couldn't make or reschedule my second shot at Rite Aid but was able to get it a week late at Kaiser. So the number of people who didn't get number 2 is less than reported.
    it still looks like people are not coming back for #2

and what will this do for your Vaccine passport or whatver if you need to prove vax ?

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Let’s be honest, there isn’t much overlap between people who travel to Europe and people who can’t figure out via insurance or other methods how to prove to EU authorities that they were vaccinated.

GET A SHOT AT BBAY, RECEIVE A FREE BEER! ��

It’s a BIG NEWS kinda week here at Boundary Bay, and we’re stoked on this first announcement coming your way this week:

VACCINE EVENT:
    Tomorrow (5/4) and Wednesday (5/5) the Washington National Guard will be giving away first dose Pfizer vaccines right here in the Beer Garden from 4-8pm with help from Lummi Communications! This event is open to ANYONE over the age of 16 that is interested in receiving their first dose.

BONUS BEER:
    Every person receiving a shot AT THIS EVENT will also receive a FREE beer (or root beer for those under 21 ��) thanks to Ram Construction General Contractors , Dawson Construction, IMCO Construction AND Zervas Architects, who are sponsoring this event!

TO PARTICIPATE:
    Arrive in the Beer Garden anytime between 4 and 8pm tomorrow or Wednesday with your ID! Second dose appointments will also be scheduled upon your visit ��

~
    REMINDER:
    We are hosting this event as a VENUE ONLY and therefore are not qualified to answer any medical questions regarding the vaccine. If you have questions or concerns, please ask your healthcare provider. There will be medical staff on hand at the event tomorrow to answer questions as they arise as well.
    All clinics with the National Guard are officially open for vaccine registration at prepmod.doh.wa.gov and are open to public (walk ins welcome).

Stay tuned for more exciting Boundary Bay updates this week! ��
    #choosecommunity #vaccinepopup #bellinghamWA #nationalguard #ramconstruction #dawsonconstruction #IMCOconstruction #zervasarchitects #lummination #boundarybaybrewery
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

My town has open access to vaccines for all ages.

Number of people who got shot #1 on top line

Population count in the middle

Number of people who got shot #2

Pretty close to all got shot 2 if they got 1 when you look at the percentages. Our small population leads to robust public health tracking - I can say that the number of people missing shot 2 is not because they went elsewhere to get it - if they did it would almost certainly be captured / recorded.

I heard today we won't be getting to herd immunity due to the ignorance that prevails with almost half the US.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Let’s be honest, there isn’t much overlap between people who travel to Europe and people who can’t figure out via insurance or other methods how to prove to EU authorities that they were vaccinated.
    It's not me or you "figuring it out." Its the EU people getting back to us what sort of proof, or, passport, if you will, they will accept upon entry. It has to be something centralized and standard. You know, like your passport. Nobody is going to be taking insurance statements.

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    I would hope a health care worker has a treating doctor who she trusts. That seems like a much better source of information than some jongs on a ski forum.
    actualy we have people like mofro who are levels above an average MD working in vax research that post regularly some pretty good knowledge IMO

wait a bit for what, until you got a chest tube in ya ?

IME getting pfizered was not near as bad as the after effects of a ski weekend with Garyfromterace

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    GET A SHOT AT BBAY, RECEIVE A FREE BEER! ��
    Ed and Janet are good peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Interesting that the US is already at the stage of hand-wringing about how people are refusing to get vaccinated. Meanwhile, in the Bay Area, now, it's still not easy to get a vax appointment, unless one is willing to check online multiple times per day, or drive to somewhere about an hour away (I've heard appointments are now pretty wide open in the central valley); a neighbor just signed on for an appointment in Salinas, not at all nearby, a couple weeks from now, until she can get something else better.
    Yesterday, I directed a buddy to his second shot, same day appointment.
    cvs.com has first shot slots tomorrow. Many slots. 94043 is Mountain View.
    26 pharmacy location(s) with available vaccines found near 94043

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I'm sure this is part of why they wanted our insurance information when we got jabbed. The record goes to the insurance provider, which in turn can be our proof for being vaccinated, other than that stupid card. Also, if you happened to get your vaccine at a pharmacy like Walgreens, CVS, Osco, etc. I know they're keeping the records as well. If you went to a mass vax site and/or lied about your insurance then maybe it's just the stupid card.
    This says all 50 states have vaccination registries. So it goes on your "permanent record"
    https://www.ironbridgecorp.com/immunizations-registries

eta: which is good because I lose these things. Last rabies and parvo? I forget - is forgetting a side effect?

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    She wouldn't really say. Just "personal choice," which prompted me to ask if I could use that next time I got pulled over.
    And now my parents trip here is off because "not enough people are getting the vaccine, and that makes us nervous to go through airports. Why don't you come here?"
    Because, dad, I'd be going through the same fucking airports.
    This makes no sense. Are your parents vaccinated? You? Then why worry? Same deal with needing to show proof of vaccine to do certain things. Once everyone that wants the vaccine is able to get it, including kids, it shouldn't matter anymore. The only people catching covid will be the people that don't care. The insurance companies can refuse to cover anyone who doesn't get the shot. Pretty simple.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Checking back. 11 days after Pfizer round 2.

It took 4 days for my lymph nodes to be back to normal. I'm back to physical activities. I think I feel pretty normal.

The mask order has been lifted here. At what point can I go into the grocery store without a mask and not be an asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Yesterday, I directed a buddy to his second shot, same day appointment.
    cvs.com has first shot slots tomorrow. Many slots. 94043 is Mountain View.
    26 pharmacy location(s) with available vaccines found near 94043
    Thanks. I've had my #1 and I'm trying to reschedule #2, with little doubt that I'll pick up something. Most people I know have gotten at least one shot in them. Just noting that it's still far from easy to get an appointment around here, particularly for people with busy lives who can't shrug off a significant weekday excursion by saying oh well, less time than a ski trip.

BTW, just went to CVS's vaccine site. Lots of availability claimed on the entry screen, then when I click through the questionnaire pages, 10 minutes ago, I end up with "We're sorry, there are currently no appointments available at the nearest pharmacies." Then one minute ago, I got a bite, but it's across the bay; I figure I can do better within the next week. Am I worried about successfully rescheduling? No. But it's clear that demand is still meeting or exceeding supply in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Checking back. 11 days after Pfizer round 2.

It took 4 days for my lymph nodes to be back to normal. I'm back to physical activities. I think I feel pretty normal.

The mask order has been lifted here. At what point can I go into the grocery store without a mask and not be an asshole?
    Sometime after the sign comes down at the store. That's not up to the government.