Page 612 of 929 FirstFirst ... 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 ... LastLast
Results 15,276 to 15,300 of 23206
    This thread is boring now. It's just adults having an intelligent conversation with facts and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    This thread is boring now. It's just adults having an intelligent conversation with facts and stuff
    I laughed.

Thank you. tj

Question re: Pfizer’s trials for kids: it looks like they tested 2,800? Do you all feel good about that small sample of kids?

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...dlbing&pc=U531

https://www.lakemedelsverket.se/sv/n...och-perikardit

https://www.lakemedelsverket.se/sv/n...a-biverkningar

https://omaha.com/news/world/sweden-...671a441bc.html

so. this is the information I found pertaining to the 'Nordic' restrictions on Moderna -

the second and third links are in Swedish that translated to English for me with a right-click drop-down...

data is from Sweden in July ; interestingly ( to me ) there were 7x (seven times) the number of reports of myocarditis associated with Pfizer than with Moderna, though I do not seen How Many total doses of each was given ( in Sweden ) -
    my understanding from the first link, is this is ( Swedish / european ) data --

there is a report up-thread that Moderna offered dramatically fewer doses of vaccine for economically-disadvantaged countries for world-wide distribution
    ( considerations like this may impact decisions like whether the use of a vaccine is ( restricted / not-recommended ) ,,, by a government agency. ...

( I think I worded that reasonably ) )

There is an interesting discussion up-thread about how to include people with ,,, unusual beliefs in society -

I believe this is an important consideration, and the sort of things that I really try to avoid., but

I would ask if the 2016 presidential election is an unusual example (?)

( obviously that discussion is not appropriate for this thread ( and Maybe not even Padded Room ), but as society seems determined to be more committed to our divisions / differences, we are going to have to find ways to interact effectively and productively ,,, or the conflict will escalate -

I am not a historian - but last year just felt to me like some kind of '1968-revisited' , ,,, I don't know - -

so. Swedish study. Swedish data -
    Very rare incidence, But enough that some countries ( Sweden, Denmark, and Finland ) are limiting the use of Moderna ( Spikevax ) in males Under 30.

That's what I found Today ( October 10 (2021) though the data is from July 2021 )

Thanks for (listening) -

I still recommend Vaccination for slowing the spread of covid - especially as I am hearing more reports of 'breakthrough' infections in vaccinated persons
    ( I will be looking for a booster six months after my second dose ( I face potential elevated risk of exposure holiday week ) )

respectfully. tj
    Please don’t self quote walls of unreadable text to add more walls of unreadable text!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Question re: Pfizer’s trials for kids: it looks like they tested 2,800? Do you all feel good about that small sample of kids?
    1500 looks to be a normal sample size for pediatric trials, actually on the high side according to the graph there.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4107993/
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    ron johnson was FRAMED!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

^^ impressive

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

It is going to be fascinating to see what happens with that high vaccination low natural immunity combo in Oz. Super happy the vax rate is so high, so fast. Man things looked dire just the other day it seems like with delta introduced and barely breaking into double digits vaxxed.

Meanwhile we spin our wheels so the right can work it's magic getting enough madmen lined up together to elect a madman. So tragic.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post

Attachment 388582

So from zero COVID cases and living like it’s 2019, to lockdowns that kept transmission and deaths relatively low, and now charging toward insane levels of vaccination nationwide, the hell of a ride for this magical island at the end of the Earth continues.
    You think that's been a hell of a ride, just wait until Pixar's lawyers get a look at that poster

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    My daughter's mask mandated high school just agreed to bring in a vendor to test students every two weeks (even those without any symptoms). I think it's for a study of some kind so 100% funded costing the schools nothing.. I asked my 17 year old if she wanted to participate and she's all in. I expected that response and an happy to have smart kids.

Meanwhile remember when the idiots were trying to poison the well by arguing if/why 6 feet was THE safe distance?? How do you fix that kind of stupid??
    Our state is mandated for 100% of the kids wearing masks all the time they are indoors during the school day. Some districts are fighting it of course. They also offered school districts free weekly Covid 19 testing of the students and teachers, employees, etc. "Just 396 schools signed up between mid-August and Sept. 30, according to the Department of Health. That’s out of more than 5,000 charter, private, and public schools statewide."

Florida teachers quitting in droves.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ting-desantis/
    Apparently Desantis won't even let them quarantine kids who test positive.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    DeSantis should be locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It is so odd that what DeSantis does isn't considered government overreach to his supporters.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    It is so odd that what DeSantis does isn't considered government overreach to his supporters.
    Fascists don't actually mind government control...

To be fair, his supporters are really just the useful idiots.

Pleased to meet you ... hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/05/...ndemic-Speaks/
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 10-11-2021 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Fixed obvious typo

wow, you are linking to an Andrew Nikiforuk artical in the Tyee ... what a leaf liker

edit: Besides the Tyee you should also check out the Narwhal,

I got buddies who write for both

one just recieved the first death threat so I pointed out it means he has arrived as an envio writer
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-11-2021 at 04:06 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yearly flu shot today. Pfizer booster scheduled for Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Pleased to me you ... hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/05/...ndemic-Speaks/

read it -

and many of the responses -

published 21May2021 -

I appreciate the luxury of the intellectuals who can wax nostalgic about history while offering no solutions -

we are limited by many things, not the least of which ( I believe to be ) human nature -

advances have been made -
    I marvel how quickly three vaccines were developed that I believe have greatly limited the number of deaths from covid - at least in the 'industrialized' countries of the world ;
    another test will be If we develop systems to deliver Vaccination to the world ( there are those - and there are More than few - who feel no obligation ) --

there are several in the pages of this thread who have worked diligently to see that we have information that could help reduce the spread of this deadly disease - that If we were willing and able to set selfishness aside and think of coronavirus and covid for the betterment of our communities and society would allow us to move toward population immunity.

My thanks to LSL, MUnicorn, Multi- and others who are dedicated to finding a Solution - Thank you.

Theodore Rooseveldt -

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

the pandemic does not speak - But
    we Could learn from History.

Vaccination. ... please. (?)

( and for gosh sakes, it is Not a 'jab' - it is a vaccination injection. all of this casual ( 'conversation' ) just cheapens what should be seen as the great investment it is to end this deadly disease - Please. ! )

respectfully. tj

Jab is fine

recreational drug use is not one of the acknowledged factors.
    Increased risk for COVID-19 breakthrough infection in fully vaccinated patients with substance use disorders in the United States between December 2020 and August 2021

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/wps.20921

Heavy marijuana users who are also vaccinated may be more susceptible to breakthrough cases of COVID-19, a new study found.

The study, published last Tuesday in World Psychology, found that those with a substance use disorder (SUD) — a dependence on marijuana, alcohol, cocaine, opioids and tobacco — were more likely to contract the coronavirus after receiving both of their vaccination shots.

Those without an SUD saw a 3.6 percent rate of breakthrough infections, compared to a 7 percent rate in those with an SUD.

At 7.8 percent, those with marijuana use disorder were most at risk for breakthrough infections, the study found.

Among other substances, the risk disappeared when considering issues such as underlying health conditions and socioeconomic status.

The difference has not been linked directly to marijuana use but could be linked to the behavior of those dependent on marijuana.

Anecdotally or by conjecture it seems that anyone with more efficient and powerful lungs might be a better host for the virus to take up residency in.. Be it a weed smoker who can take huge hits and hold them a long time or an athlete with a super efficient pulmonary system. Now the latter might also have a superior cardio system to send those white soldiers around to fight like hell once those nasty things take root.. But the a more powerful air exchange system is probably going to suck in more viral particles per breath than someone who's diaphragm is surrounded with 150 pounds of fat.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

Why has Sweden, Denmark, and Finland paused Moderna for men under 30? Are they smoking crack?

- many comments to this above -

I believe the idea that there is more data surrounding the Pfizer vaccination has merit - but I would leave open any conclusion about the source (Country of origin) of that information -

ultimately, it does come down to Multi-'s citation of the idea of "abundance of caution" , and yet,
    I know from experience that at least several ( if not many ) factors go into such a decision.

recreational drug use is not one of the acknowledged factors.

... wishing you peacefulness. tj

altasnob -

What is the problem, altasnob ?

your (rhetorical) question was, "are they smoking crack? " regarding the decision to restrict the use of Moderna vaccination -

My response had nothing to do with the use of recreational drugs in society -
    my response was to your questions about the restriction of the use of Moderna vaccination --

but apparently your question was not about Why 'nordic' countries are restricting the use of Moderna
    ( I posted relevant links I could find to that yesterday ( - namely that Sweden also has data they believe shows myocarditis associated with a second dose of Moderna's vaccine ( the data itself is not yet detailed ) ) )

I apologize for failing to see your broader issues, and I apologize for my failure ask for clairification of your (rhetorical) questions -

I apologize that my comments to your (rhetorical) questions(,)
    caused a problem necessitating you misrepresent my post -

with due respect. skiJ

and I will be glad to try to clarify my post(s) --

recreational drug use by government officials may be one of the factors that contribute to governmental policy decisions, but
    I continue to believe elected or appointed officials will Not "acknowledge" it to be a "factor" in the decision...
    Last edited by skiJ; 10-11-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Anecdotally or by conjecture it seems that anyone with more efficient and powerful lungs might be a better host for the virus to take up residency in.. Be it a weed smoker who can take huge hits and hold them a long time or an athlete with a super efficient pulmonary system. Now the latter might also have a superior cardio system to send those white soldiers around to fight like hell once those nasty things take root.. But the a more powerful air exchange system is probably going to suck in more viral particles per breath than someone who's diaphragm is surrounded with 150 pounds of fat.
    This is true. Fat people don't or can't use their diaphragms to breath.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch