Page 117 of 929 FirstFirst ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 23206
    So, I can stop celebrating having zero issues after getting my 2nd pfizer last night. Cool.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Got the first pfizer. It resulted in no side effects. Pharmacist said if you get symptoms after the first shot that you probably already had Covid-19... She also said that getting symptoms means your immune system is working well and that you're developing more antibodies than those who don't get symptoms from the vaccine. Just throwing her thoughts out to the collective for review and comment
    She's right about the reaction to the first shot and about the symptoms showing your immune system at work, the "more antibidies" claim seems sketchy but I'm not gonna call her a liar.

Pharmacist said if you get symptoms after the first shot that you probably already had Covid-19...
    I heard this second hand from someone else and wondered what the rationale behind the statement is. I’m generally curious.

Rationale is entirely based on conjecture and general medical/biology "gestalt". Not on data. Yet (at least AFAIK).

If your immune system has already been exposed to the SARS CoV2 antigen, either by viral infection or your initial vaccination shot, your second exposure might well elicit a more avid response. Makes sense from a bio-teloelogical standpoint. But not yet proven, at least for the current crop of SARS CoV2 vaccines.

But the key thing here is that every individual's immune system is different, and the body in which that immune system resides is also different, so responses to vaccination will vary, regardless of whether the individual has had prior exposure either by virus or vaccine. Some will have no or little side effect, others will have more. Perhaps those previously exposed or immunized will have a more avid response to another trigger (in fact prolly more possible), but this is not a given, and varies widely (but in a Gaussian distribution) from person to person.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5418.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	369288

O the irony!
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Rationale is entirely based on conjecture and general medical/biology "gestalt". Not on data. Yet (at least AFAIK).

If your immune system has already been exposed to the SARS CoV2 antigen, either by viral infection or your initial vaccination shot, your second exposure might well elicit a more avid response. Makes sense from a bio-teloelogical standpoint. But not yet proven, at least for the current crop of SARS CoV2 vaccines.

But the key thing here is that every individual's immune system is different, and the body in which that immune system resides is also different, so responses to vaccination will vary, regardless of whether the individual has had prior exposure either by virus or vaccine. Some will have no or little side effect, others will have more. Perhaps those previously exposed or immunized will have a more avid response to another trigger (in fact prolly more possible), but this is not a given, and varies widely (but in a Gaussian distribution) from person to person.
    In other words, it depends...

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Wait... before you leave home did you see this?

Note: Given the limited supply of COVID-19 vaccine available at this time and Washington's commitment to equitable and fair access, those seeking COVID-19 vaccines at this clinic location you must either live or work, or get your medical care in Washington state.

However.....

Per state guidance, as of March 31, the Phase Finder Tool will no longer be required to verify vaccine eligibility. Instead, Walla Walla County will use the self-verification checkbox on the DCH COVID website as the sole method of eligibility verification. Everyone interested in receiving a vaccine still needs to qualify under the eligible phases of the Washington State Vaccine Distribution plan.
    So, fill out the form and (wink, wink) you're eligible. CH is recognizing how defeating it is to follow the Governor's guidance while missing opportunity to jab more people. Good.

Got the first pfizer. It resulted in no side effects. Pharmacist said if you get symptoms after the first shot that you probably already had Covid-19... She also said that getting symptoms means your immune system is working well and that you're developing more antibodies than those who don't get symptoms from the vaccine. Just throwing her thoughts out to the collective for review and comment
    Whether no reaction on either shot is correlated with less antibodies has not been demonstrated to be true according to an expert that was on the daily the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Wait... before you leave home did you see this?

Note: Given the limited supply of COVID-19 vaccine available at this time and Washington's commitment to equitable and fair access, those seeking COVID-19 vaccines at this clinic location you must either live or work, or get your medical care in Washington state.

However.....

Per state guidance, as of March 31, the Phase Finder Tool will no longer be required to verify vaccine eligibility. Instead, Walla Walla County will use the self-verification checkbox on the DCH COVID website as the sole method of eligibility verification. Everyone interested in receiving a vaccine still needs to qualify under the eligible phases of the Washington State Vaccine Distribution plan.
    Makes it easier to lie, but still lying, eh? We are probably just going to have to wait.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Well I felt a very minor weirdness yesterday evening, but slept great and feel great again now. The first shot was 4x as bad for me. I'm still convinced whatever I got from international travelers in Dec/Jan of 2020 which resulted in a cough that lasted for like 4-5 months was covid.

So maybe what I came down with after returning from Spain in March 2020 really was just the Spanish Flu? Because the tetanus shots are worse than Pfizer #1 for me 40.5 hrs in. If I had covid-19 previously shouldn't I be laid up in bed now?

I've never had any kind of reaction to any vaccine--polio, smallpox, TDP's (I seem to be overdue), Hep B, Zoster, flu, pneumovax Maybe some muscle aches after Moderna 2.
    If there's any truth to the idea that not having a reaction means a weak immune system I would have died from a cold decades ago.

It's not the antibodies and activated T cells that the vaccine induces that cause the symptoms in folks who do react to a vaccine. It's the inflammatory mediators that the immune elements induce, and like T-U says, everyone is different. Some people have immune systems that fight off infection quietly without a lot of fuss and bother, and some people's immune systems make a big deal out of it. (If you want a more scientific explanation for it you'll have to wait for one of the smart people.)

Maybe the difference in how people's inflammatory system responds to the vaccine is analogous to the differences in how people respond to the virus itself--you know, the cytokine storm thing. Maybe if you have a strong reaction to the vaccine it means that if you had caught the Covid you would have died.

Please spread this hypothesis of mine all over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Please spread this hypothesis of mine all over the internet.
    I'd like to help but it would be a lot easier if you'd explicitly overstate your qualifications in the hypothesis. Then make a YouTube video and hold a presser. A good lectern can be key--that one the snowboarder-looking dude carted off would really tie the event together.

Pfizer
    Shot 1
    CT

Today I wake up with no tenderness in the shot site. I can't tell I got a shot 3 days after the fact. I'm one of those people who never got a blister and the scar from polio vaccines
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

To add, the TV doctors on the TV were saying it was no problem giving vaccine to other countries because we would have more vaccine on hand I less than a week than people to give it too. ?? Making this conversation a thing of the past
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Called this morning and got my first dose scheduled for this coming Monday! Super easy to schedule with the county health dept., and they automatically set up my second dose appointment as well. Makes it easier for everyone.

Pretty awesome of them to open it up to the general population now. I certainly did not meet any of the qualifications for previous phases, so very pleased about the timing.

I ain't afraid of no side-effects.

I got the Johnson&Johnson shot a couple weeks ago and had only a sore arm, nothing else. No side effects.

Hey YC, long time. How ya been?

Moderna #1 was Thursday, felt shitty that night. Yesterday was just a sore arm and today I can feel where it was but that's it.

I had a J&J shot yesterday. Thought I was going to get hit like a truck by the side effects(I had fever for 2 days after my last flu shot in the fall). Surprisingly and fortunately they were really minimal. Nothing too report yesterday, and felt like I was hungover this morning but without the nausea that usually comes for me with that. Arm is sore, but fully functional.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    I had a J&J shot yesterday. Thought I was going to get hit like a truck by the side effects(I had fever for 2 days after my last flu shot in the fall). Surprisingly and fortunately they were really minimal. Nothing too report yesterday, and felt like I was hungover this morning but without the nausea that usually comes for me with that. Arm is sore, but fully functional.
    Did they tell you the same thing they told me? The more you use the arm the better. But don't rub massage the sore spot?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Did they tell you the same thing they told me? The more you use the arm the better. But don't rub massage the sore spot?
    Furious masterbation.

We got slotted up to April 5 for eligibility

My mom got the JJ shot and still feels fine 3 days later. Still deaf as fuck though.