Page 857 of 929 FirstFirst ... 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 ... LastLast
Results 21,401 to 21,425 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I don’t know her name, unfortunately. I’ve alienated all those that would possibly share it with me. I’ve seen her vaguely referenced on FB, but never by name.
    Adams was giving exemptions for childhood vaccines--pretty easy to get caught because the schools report the docs. If the doc you're talking about is just doing it for covid might take a while for them to get caught. But there probably aren't that many reasons to want a covid vaccine exemption in the Colfax area, no?

Follow up. I was out of cat food and the cat that lives in my garage was not happy about it. I sucked it up and went to the store with an N-95 mask (got lots of weird looks, fuck em) grabbed some cat food, more Ginger Ale and some veggie broth and 2 at home tests.

Home test says negative. So there is that.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Follow up. I was out of cat food and the cat that lives in my garage was not happy about it. I sucked it up and went to the store with an N-95 mask (got lots of weird looks, fuck em) grabbed some cat food, more Ginger Ale and some veggie broth and 2 at home tests.

We're big on the BRAT diet with Gatorade or Pedialyte when things go south with the gut... Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Well crap its a holiday so my choices are E/R or Urgent Care.

Here goes.

Was scheduled for a Colonoscopy last Tuesday (12th). Made the appointment the previous Thursday (7th) after my GI Doc had a cancellation. Started feeling a little punky Thursday night (7th) but not terrible. (3x vaxxed Pfizer).

Went in on Tuesday and had the procedure, didn't feel any worse and maybe even better in terms of punkiness. Oscopy went well, nothing bad found, went home.

Next day still not hungry, very noisy belly. Could not keep anything in, water or soup blew right through me. Fatigue, no fever. Same on Thursday so went back in, blood draw showed normal white count and nothing out of the ordinary. Doc said give it a day. Friday (yesterday) still same, doc ordered belly pictures. No perforations or obstructions. Said give it a bit more time. Last night sucked. Noisy, liquid and then gassy. Belly now quiet, still no energy, no appetite.

I am thinking maybe Covid? Going to local Pharm for rapid test.

Would the original blood draw still be available to test for anti-bodies or infection?

What say any of you wannabe or real TGR docs?
    Viral gastroenteritis. Stool culture in 48 hours will likely be normal.

I haven't seen much in the way of gastrointestinal issues with Omicron. Prevalent with wild type and Delta, less so with Omicron.

Tons of other bugs out there. We get our weekly epi reports from all the respiratory swabs, I haven't seen a covid positive in ER/Urgent care for six weeks or more. Geographic variables, of course.

Thanks Docs, belly has quieted down, the idea of solid food not disgusting but still not very hungry. Like the rest, this will pass.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

As long as you didn't take a dump in the store you probably didn't infect anyone.
    Glad you're feeling better.

Everyone passes. Oops, sorry. I meant everything.

Just getting around to this. I’m getting over a gastrointestinal virus that started on Tuesday. Tested negative for COVID. Symptoms were liquid diarrhea, more or less every two hours, some nausea, mild to moderate headache, deep fatigue, general malaise. Urgent Care doc said it was going around, I was super-glad it wasn’t COVID.

Sounds a little like what you got Bunion. I’d have responded sooner, but I don’t check this thread regularly.

It kind of sobered me up about the likelihood of COVID transmission though.

Dead on with same symptoms and that procedure and the cleanse prior thrown in for added confusion.

I think I had that virus back at Thanksgiving visiting my folks in DC

You folks need to change to a more healthy breakfast plan.

FDA investigating Lucky Charms after reports of illness
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Having tested positive this week, I can tell you that if you think you have allergies or a head cold you might very well be positive. A bunch of folks from the local cycling club I was riding with down in Florida all tested positive this week. The number one symptom was a runny nose. Ba2 feels like nothing more than allergies at first. Stay frosty
    crab in my shoe mouth

Dead on with same symptoms and that procedure and the cleanse prior thrown in for added confusion.
    Having that happen right after a colonoscopy would scare the shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You may need to change your prep techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Adams was giving exemptions for childhood vaccines--pretty easy to get caught because the schools report the docs. If the doc you're talking about is just doing it for covid might take a while for them to get caught. But there probably aren't that many reasons to want a covid vaccine exemption in the Colfax area, no?
    Thanks for the added info. I was not aware of the reporting by the schools. My understanding is that there are a handful of docs in the greater sac area that write vax exemptions for kids based on anti-vax/religious stances of the parents. One doc that I was aware of is/was practicing in the colfax area.

Go back to bed.

Colonoscopy, then diarrhea, and then the shit is scared out of you; that's a serious evacuation protocol.

Ski season winding down - Mt Brokenchair will only be operating three chairs starting next week.
    So, time to boost
    Covid#4 plus Shingrix#2 scheduled for Tuesday AM
    Pray for me

I haven't done Covid #4 yet, but just got my second Shingrix today. Doubling them up on the same day seems like asking for trouble to me. Then again I suppose if you figure you're going to feel like shit anyway you might as well get it out of the way in one fell swoop!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Then again I suppose if you figure you're going to feel like shit anyway you might as well get it out of the way in one fell swoop!
    That was my logic for covid #4 and shingrix #1 on the same day.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I got three shots at once last September.
    Booster, flu,phemonia.
    They offered it which surprised me.
    Happily took them.
    Just get it over with.
    Booster #2 last Tuesday.
    Arm was sore for a week.
    All good now.
    Everyone I know is getting sick again now that's not boostered unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That was my logic for covid #4 and shingrix #1 on the same day.
    And mine. Have until 5/20 for second Shingrix, and with a new wave of Rat Flu coming on, this is the time to get Covid#4 done.

My pharmacy sez no problem getting three vaxes at same time.

Also have appt to get snow tires swapped an hour after the shots. Then home and binge on Netflix for a couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    And mine. Have until 5/20 for second Shingrix, and with a new wave of Rat Flu coming on, this is the time to get Covid#4 done.

My pharmacy sez no problem getting three vaxes at same time.

Also have appt to get snow tires swapped an hour after the shots. Then home and binge on Netflix for a couple of days
    Can't get Les Schwab to give the vaxx and do it all at once?

^^^Not Les Schwab. They are the most expensive tire dealer in the area

Including driving time to the tire shop, I can swap much faster at home. And one of the tire shops will fix valve stem leaks for free (even if they didn’t do any other services on the wheel/tires). Usually I get a valve stem leak on a tire to be swapped once every year or so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2022-04-28-13-53-47-408_com.twitter.android.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	632.3 KB 
ID:	414679

Name:	Screenshot_2022-04-28-13-55-51-441_com.android.chrome.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	576.8 KB 
ID:	414680

And why we should move on already