Page 194 of 929 FirstFirst ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Side effects of a depressed job market, closed bars and restaurants, etc if you aren’t college educated or in construction seems like a pretty big side effect to me.

Let’s just be honest, most of us were pretty short sighted and had other selfish priorities when we were under 25.
    Yep.

I remember skipping a few dentist appointments...I mean like 5 years worth. Something about my wisdom teeth needing to be removed. Fuck that. My teeth were white and healthy.

Came to my senses eventually.

Also some of these people just live in a different reality than most of us. It isn't a priority because covid doesn't really enter their consciousness at all unless they actually get sick with it or some asshole like me keeps asking them when they are getting poked.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

My friend had the opposite problem. Said he came down with huge wiener syndrome. His poor wife!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    some reports of women having problems affecting their lady parts.
    I'd be willing to look at the data. Please post a link.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Why the resistance among younger crowd? Any ideas?
    It’s a good question and I don’t have an answer that makes sense.

To be clear it’s not a lag in appointments - they had the same access to vaccines as other ages.

My best guess is that it’s a combo of they don’t know anyone who has had covid + the rebellious nature that comes in that age group “oh everyone says we should do this? No way I’m an adult now I make my own choices and I will make sure my friends know when I post about it that I won’t just do whatever the government or my parents tell me to do. I’m fierce and independent now.”

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    some reports of women having problems affecting their lady parts. too soon to say if some will be long term affected, but to have colleges require its students, half who will be women who have yet to have children; who are rarely affected by covid 19 is a bad idea.

now knowing issues some people have and knowing long term affects are not known in most cases and how little of the population under 65 years old is affected, i wish i hadn't taken it. all sorts have medicines can have awful side affects for some and when the fatality factor for under 65 is so low for covid; under 65 should be optional.
    Don't get vaccinated. Please. Then get back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    You didn't watch it. You also didn't read the debunking link that explains things quite succinctly.

That's the problem with the woke conspiracy people; you're all so quick to disseminate information but you seem resistant to actually consuming it.
    I did watch it and thought it seemed like a BS answer. I did read the Politifact piece and found their 'debunking' to be less than satisfactory. Those guys are so blatantly biased anyway that they often will literally prove up a claim and they say it's "mostly false" or "missing context" or totally disprove something and say it's "mostly true." All depends on the narrative.

Here. These guys can explain the whole Bill Gates/India thing better perhaps:

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    My best guess is that it’s a combo of they don’t know anyone who has had covid + the rebellious nature that comes in that age group “oh everyone says we should do this? No way I’m an adult now I make my own choices and I will make sure my friends know when I post about it that I won’t just do whatever the government or my parents tell me to do. I’m fierce and independent now.”
    Noticed a lot of Whitman college students coming in with a buddy and/or in large groups to get the jab at our local clinic so some are going with the flow.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

So tiring. My brother is not getting the vaccine and constantly posts hand-picked metrics on why mask mandates do not work. I always thought the latter was to simply be a contrarian and to argue with people about something he does not really believe but to now know he's not getting the vaccine adds fuel to the fire it's not just to argue...

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Did I read that right? There are only 1883 people in town? or was there a multiplier left off?

If the town really is that small, either nobody or everybody got covid. Either way, it's easy to see why the younger demo isn't that concerned.

You didn't watch it. You also didn't read the debunking link that explains things quite succinctly.

That's the problem with the woke conspiracy people; you're all so quick to disseminate information but you seem resistant to actually consuming it.
    Yeah... his reason makes perfect sense. No, we don't want to give it away because we want it to be manufactured to high standards.

Makes a shitload of sense as there is a significant portion of Americans who don't trust the vaccine TODAY. Made to the highest standards in the best facilities on the planet by the people who developed it. What happens to public perception when the generic knockoff version is causing real problems? It's a brand image issue at the moment and they need to protect that. The global public needs to believe in the vaccines in order to reach herd immunity. The track record on these cannot bear any kind of tarnish at the moment.

And remember from our own rollout that just making vaccine is half the battle. What does India's cold chain distribution system look like? Capacity for pop up clinics? If they were making their own today, would they even be able to distribute it effectively?
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I'd be willing to look at the data. Please post a link.
    Good one

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Than Bill himself. Riiiight.

He explained it that the logistical hurdle is not IP. So there's no point sending useless recipes. And you already know there's a downside to doing that, so the pros and cons are clear.

I did watch it and thought it seemed like a BS answer. I did read the Politifact piece and found their 'debunking' to be less than satisfactory. Those guys are so blatantly biased anyway that they often will literally prove up a claim and they say it's "mostly false" or "missing context" or totally disprove something and say it's "mostly true." All depends on the narrative.

Can you share another video that doesn't have huge alarmist text on the thumbnail?

I can't in good faith click play on that with
    LYING
    TO YOU?

on it. It just screams bullshit.

Jab #2 of Moderna kicked my ass for about 30 hours. All good now, ready to roll.

Side effects of aches all over and fever came on fast about 6 hours after shot, kind of like a really bad hangover. Tylenol helped, along Tylenol PM to sleep.

Side effects went away just as fast as they came on around the 30 hour mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    So tiring. My brother...
    I just heard that my neighbor's brother recently died from covid. Denier to the end.

Meanwhile another neighbor (mid-70s) told my wife that she won't be getting the vax because everyone else will, so she'll be fine.

Yeah, I'm pretty fucking tired of this too.

Heh. At 4:20 the factory in Bangladesh admits they don't have the technical know-how. So they have clean shiny factories with brand new equipment and nobody who knows how to run it. We have those in the US as well and J+J sent a team in there a month ago to take over management at Emergent because they were failing. How quickly we forget. https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/...lant-baltimore

And then with the other J+J concerns the world paused injecting it for a week and a half.

This isn't making soup folks. This isn't just something that you can do by following a simple 3 step recipe. If you've ever had any experience in trying to get something made to a US (or other 1st world country) specification in a 2nd world nation, you'd understand the challenges here. Gates wasn't lying when he said there aren't factories ready to just start doing this. Factories are more then clean buildings with equipment. They require people and expertise to operate, and by their own admission they don't have it.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Good one
    My wife hates my sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Heh. At 4:20 the factory in Bangladesh admits they don't have the technical know-how. So they have clean shiny factories with brand new equipment and nobody who knows how to run it. We have those in the US as well and J+J sent a team in there a month ago to take over management at Emergent because they were failing. How quickly we forget. https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/...lant-baltimore

And then with the other J+J concerns the world paused injecting it for a week and a half.

This isn't making soup folks. This isn't just something that you can do by following a simple 3 step recipe. If you've ever had any experience in trying to get something made to a US (or other 1st world country) specification in a 2nd world nation, you'd understand the challenges here. Gates wasn't lying when he said there aren't factories ready to just start doing this. Factories are more then clean buildings with equipment. They require people and expertise to operate, and by their own admission they don't have it.
    The sharers don't actually watch the videos, they just copy/paste what their facebook bubble tells them to.

Can you share another video that doesn't have huge alarmist text on the thumbnail?

I can't in good faith click play on that with
    LYING
    TO YOU?

on it. It just screams bullshit.
    Here, I got you:

I did watch it and ... those guys are so blatantly biased anyway that they often will literally prove up a claim and they say it's "mostly false" or "missing context" or totally disprove something and say it's "mostly true." All depends on the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Jab #2 of Moderna kicked my ass for about 30 hours. All good now, ready to roll.

Side effects of aches all over and fever came on fast about 6 hours after shot, kind of like a really bad hangover. Tylenol helped, along Tylenol PM to sleep.

Side effects went away just as fast as they came on around the 30 hour mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FKNA, you have 30 hour hangovers?!!

I'd say the unsubstantiated "lady parts" claim and Bill Gates' fairly straight forward opinion on vax IP not satisfying the unemployed janitor here...means we've hit a recent dumb-dumb low in the thread. Inches away from bleach injection, UV light and "just the flu" narratives.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    If people said "immune response" rather than "reaction" maybe it wouldn't be viewed so negatively. You know how easily people can be swayed by semantics.
    Because of something you posted a bit ago, I am trying to retrain myself to say immune response and not side effects.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Summary on the Pfizer experience:
    Shot 1: Sore injection spot for 24 hours, no other adverse effects.

Shot 2: No immediate effects, w00zy after about 4 hours for a couple of hours. Sore injection spot for 24+ hours, poor sleep night after injection. Next day, tired, slightly fluish feeling, 20 y.o. son is sore, achy all over. 48 hours later, virtually no effects other than very slightly sore injection spot.

All in all, very minor physical discomfort. But that physical discomfort was psychologically comforting in that it signaled that something was going on, my immune system was reacting. All in, no reason to avoid the Pfizer vax.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yep.

I remember skipping a few dentist appointments...I mean like 5 years worth. Something about my wisdom teeth needing to be removed. Fuck that. My teeth were white and healthy.

Came to my senses eventually.

Also some of these people just live in a different reality than most of us. It isn't a priority because covid doesn't really enter their consciousness at all unless they actually get sick with it or some asshole like me keeps asking them when they are getting poked.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Speaking of, I went to the dentist the other day and 3 different people in the office asked if I had gotten my vaccine. I'm guessing there is a push in the medical community for doctors to gently push their patients to get vaccinated since they likely already have an established trust with said doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Did I read that right? There are only 1883 people in town? or was there a multiplier left off?

If the town really is that small, either nobody or everybody got covid. Either way, it's easy to see why the younger demo isn't that concerned.
    Yeah that’s part 1 of my explanation - they don’t know anyone who has had covid.

The young demographic here are also not the college type. They’re a sheltered bunch who probably have not traveled far outside of a town that defines middle of nowhere.