Page 745 of 929 FirstFirst ... 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 ... LastLast
Results 18,601 to 18,625 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    how many cases of diagnosed myocarditis have you seen reported ?
    There are plenty (but nowhere near alarming) of case reports in adults, but I'm actually interested in the young pediatrics. There were 8 cases CDC verified in the 5-11 age group. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/me...VID-Su-508.pdf

Out of 7M vaccines that's nothing, but I'm having trouble coming up with more specific COVID side effects in this age group. ~2500 cases of MIS-C out of ~2M is the best I've got but not convincing enough for the brick wall I'm dealing with.

But my hunch is someone who develops an adverse reaction to the vaccine that is also associated with the disease would likely have had that reaction to the disease- and possibly worse. Not even sure if you can convincingly show something like that. We have long been aware of the adenovirus linked clotting issues which may not have presented without those vaccines, but we still see plenty of clotting associated with COVID.

Thanks.

On the subject of convincing the unvaccinated, it's interesting to observe Trump and O'Reilley get booed when they recently advocated getting the vax and boosted,
    https://youtu.be/ULYKMuNgFoo?t=49
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

How to convince the 10% unvaccinated? Fk em. Ignore them. Waste of energy.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Pretty much every media source I read (nearly all left of center) had the same reaction to Psaki's COVID test comment that Asspen had. So on this issue, he is in the mainstream with his take.
    Right. I just don't need the obvious selective cut and pasting of text to make a political point in this thread. That's why I suggested he take his discussion to polyass where it belongs...and where I'd be happy to discuss further. Not a very difficult concept.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Trevor Bedford's latest tweet is pushing for a Omicron/Delta specific vaccine that can be deployed to the masses by next Fall. Booster is what we have available today and is better than nothing but he fully expects either Delta, or Omicron, or both, sticking around and causing havoc next cold/flu season as well.

He likes his models.

R0 for Omicron is likely >>9.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    For inflammatory vaccine side effects like myocarditis and pericarditis, would these same people likely have had the same reaction to an actual infection?
    there are a couple of new reports that I found after drafting an earlier reply to your post ;
    I will link them by morning -

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=uxbndlbing

one of the reports claims a 26year old male died of myocarditis after receiving an initial dose of mRNA vaccine.

sobering.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ocarditis.html

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ocarditis.html

(( I have not found the cdc report I was referencing below -
    I have corrected some numbers after reviewing the report last night. this morning ( Dec22 ) , I cannot find it. ))

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7035e5.htm

the study I saw reported 269 cases of more than 3.4Million vaccinations given

( a rate of 0.146%. one in 1000 or 146 in 100,000. for people diagnosed with covid)

to your question,
    I am uneasy with the assertion that someone who experienced a side effect of vaccination would necessarily develop the same clinical sign from infection.

What I do see offered over-and-over again in the pages of these threads is the risks of covid are far greater than the risk of vaccination.
    no consolation for those with serious adverse vaccination reaction ( including ( - I have now seen two attributes to death - though I do not see How they reach that conclusion ) )

to your clarification, I think it is still early for there to be broader reports of side effects of vaccination in children
    ( I expect we will start to see those reports in March or February ( as we saw resport for adults about nine months after the beginning of vaccination ))

I will get the links inserted by morning -

thanks. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 12-22-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

the study I saw reported 269 cases of more than 7Million vaccinations given
    ( a rate of 0.0146%. one in 10,000 or 146 in 10^6. ( seems high for 269 in 7M ))
    High, yes. 269/7M is .0038%. Are these mixing numbers for vaccine vs. disease?
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Well dear daughter finally got off her ass and headed out to get boosted. She works retail so could have been boosted a month ago. Declined the offer to go with me.. Declined offer to take my Cigna card to either CVS or Sam's Club where I had already entered all her info and approval forms for her as a minor. Waited til she turned 18 Sunday. She tried three different pharmacies today.. All OUT of boosters/vaccines, both Pfizer and Moderna. I went online and tried to book an appointment anywhere.. She's correct, nothing at CVS or Walgreens in this city until after Christmas. Sam's Club has some appointments except Saturdays. Told her to go there.. SMDH...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

A new vaccine is now in human trials. Developed by the US Army.

Single shot, good against all Covid variants, plus the original SARS, plus multiple other coronaviruses.

https://www.defenseone.com/technolog...riants/360089/

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    A new vaccine is now in human trials. Developed by the US Army.
    Single shot, good against all Covid variants, plus the original SARS, plus multiple other coronaviruses.
    https://www.defenseone.com/technolog...riants/360089/
    The MREs of vaccines.

I'd think it'd be compelling for the military to have a nice all-in-one type jab where you're getting covid, flu, measles, irritable bowel and restless leg syndrome all together to keep the cry babies from being preoccupied with anti-freedum shots.

All those Refuseniks in the ranks suddenly important?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    All those Refuseniks in the ranks suddenly important?
    Good point. I actually wrote: "Or not, weed out the weak". But felt it was too confrontational so deleted. But less shots sounds like less questions and the military doesn't like questions so win-win?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    The MREs of vaccines.

I'd think it'd be compelling for the military to have a nice all-in-one type jab where you're getting covid, flu, measles, irritable bowel and restless leg syndrome all together to keep the cry babies from being preoccupied with anti-freedum shots.
    Funny when you march a couple miles to get the shots. And then back. They use air guns.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    On the subject of convincing the unvaccinated, it's interesting to observe Trump and O'Reilley get booed when they recently advocated getting the vax and boosted,
    https://youtu.be/ULYKMuNgFoo?t=49
    This has always been about the politics and whom would die with a tube down their throat

not the public health
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    How to convince the 10% unvaccinated? Fk em. Ignore them. Waste of energy.
    They’re hopeless.

Niece tested positive today - break through case. She’s had the moderna vax, don’t know if she’s been boosted. Luckily for my sister, my niece has been house/dog sitting since last week and they’ve not seen her, so she’s isolated and the friends won’t be back until after the new year. She works for CBS/Texas Walker Ranger, so they think she got it at the holiday party last week. They won’t travel to our parents now and will get together once everyone is in the clear. I went home in early November, so not traveling thankfully…

My sister participates in a study run by UT. She gets her blood drawn every 3 or 4 months. They are surveying for antibodies. She just had her second draw. She still had antibodies from the Pfizer vax, but had no antibodies from an actual infection (yet). It’s interesting.

^^^**They say what strain. ?^^***
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    ^^^**They say what strain. ?^^***
    No, I just found out. They get tested every Monday. She works for the attorneys, clerking, while applying to law schools. They normally keep everything tight and certain groups/cohorts never really mix, except at the holiday party I guess. So far, just mild symptoms. Hopefully that will be all.

Yep. I bet she will be fine and have antibodies

Hoping for a quick good outcome. - you never really know
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Boostered with Pfizer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211221_165513.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	740.0 KB 
ID:	397757

Here's a situation. Went touring at a lodge for a week and came back to a sticky note on door from wife not to come in house but take up residence in barn ( its actually quite nice in heated insulated section) . So she got tested that day after getting major symptoms. Don't know results yet but assuming covid what to do?? Stay in barn other than going into house to get running water ( take a shower and shit) and over time maybe get it or just smuggle right in there and get it?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Interesting. Will be interested to hear how it plays out. Weird situation where you have been isolated from spouse. Not guaranteed you were exposed
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Here's a situation. Went touring at a lodge for a week and came back to a sticky note on door from wife not to come in house but take up residence in barn ( its actually quite nice in heated insulated section) . So she got tested that day after getting major symptoms. Don't know results yet but assuming covid what to do?? Stay in barn other than going into house to get running water ( take a shower and shit) and over time maybe get it or just smuggle right in there and get it?
    The right answer is to stay in the barn as much as possible if you're willing to do so.

Work had a meeting with 9 people last Friday in a conference room. 4 of them came down with flu symptoms Sunday afternoon/ Monday, all four and one other tested with a rapid test all negative. This afternoon two took a second test and both are positive. Is this common with rapids? To test negative after symptom onset? Is this an Omicron thing?

I told all my people no more going into the office, attending events etc until this wave is over.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Why didn't she call or text? My wife expects a call or text as soon as im heading home and have signal after I've been touring, backpacking, climbing, paddling, mtn biking, etc