Page 691 of 929 FirstFirst ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 ... LastLast
Results 17,251 to 17,275 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I noticed BC is bucking the recent trend in both the U.S. and Europe for rising Covid cases:
    https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/co...gust-9-4790231
    "New COVID-19 infections fall to lowest point since August 9"

Notable:
    How’d BC get such high vax numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    How’d BC get such high vax numbers?
    I would say slow & steady, the vax program is completely controled by the regional health boards, you book it on line or by phone, they take walk-ins but you only get vaxed by the gov at one vax center, the stuff you guys talk about getting vaxed at a walgreens or costco is completely furin to us up here

we got the aniti-vax up here as well but with Vaxcine mandates you can't do shit without a vax passport, can't go to the bar/ diner out/ fly in a plane/ go to a movie/ the noose is closing on the ability to work at many jobs and those who don't like it have the choice to stay at home with no money

its been slow around here cuz of religous types and the special flowers
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    we got the aniti-vax up here as well but with Vaxcine mandates you can't do shit without a vax passport, can't go to the bar/ diner out/ fly in a plane/ go to a movie/ the noose is closing on the ability to work at many jobs and those who don't like it have the choice to stay at home with no money
    We're getting there here, too, and especially King County, Washington where you need proof of vaccine or a negative test to do most of those things.

The vax mandate is for all of BC, I'm sure there are places that are not checking but if they get caught they could lose their license to operate which happend in Kelowna where an establishment lost their liquor license to the end of current regs which would have been 3 months

the local craft brew wants to scan my QR code even tho they scanned it yesturday and thats ok

G.O.P. Fights Covid Mandates, Then Blames Biden as Cases Rise
    WASHINGTON — Over eight hours last Thursday night and into Friday morning, Representative Kevin McCarthy of California hit on many issues as he spoke on the House floor in an unsuccessful effort to thwart House passage of President Biden’s social safety net and climate change bill. But among his most audacious assertions was that Mr. Biden was to blame for the country’s failure to quell the pandemic.

Mr. McCarthy used this line of attack even as members of his own Republican Party have spent months flouting mask ordinances and blocking the president’s vaccine mandates, and the party’s base has undermined vaccination drives while rallying around those who refuse the vaccine. Intensive care units and morgues have been strained to capacity by the unvaccinated, a demographic dominated by those who voted last year for President Donald J. Trump.

As of mid-September, 90 percent of adult Democrats had been vaccinated, compared with 58 percent of adult Republicans.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/24/u...ronavirus.html

This is why we can't really talk about this without bringing politics into it.

We got some dumbasses the christians and crayon eaters for sure but I can't think of such a large politicaly motivated block of people as stupid as the GOP, I think you got more anti vaxers than there are Canadians

And on worldometer the USA is nudging up on 800,000 dead

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Personal attacks aside, the USA finished FIRST when it comes to YELLING FAKE NEWS AT EVERYTHING THAT IS COUNTER TO THEIR RELIGIOUS AND SOCIOPOLITICAL BIASES ESPECIALLY SCIENCE TOPICS LIKE VACCINES OVER GOD'S WILL.
    FIFY.. trying to stick to the topic of vaccines and why we're failing at getting everyone protected.. Seriously, facts from the mainstream media outlets versus alternate facts via the entertainment actual fake news outlets. That's a big part of why so many freedumb fighters aren't getting vaxxed..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Anyone up on Herman Cain awards by political affiliation? That would help the discussion.

Thx for the details about British Columbia.

Are the mandates being enforced or are there havens for the anti vaxed where they are not being enforced?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    FIFY.. trying to stick to the topic of vaccines and why we're failing at getting everyone protected.. Seriously, facts from the mainstream media outlets versus alternate facts via the entertainment actual fake news outlets. That's a big part of why so many freedumb fighters aren't getting vaxxed..
    Nicely fixed

It blows my fricking mind that people still refuse to get vaccinated when unvaccinated young healthy, E.g. 26 yo. 52 yo, etc..., continue to die. Plus, we have to ration Healthcare, read canceling elective surgical cases, to care for the dumbass people who don't get vaccinated. Over 25% of our hospitals census is covid right now.

Jeebus people get it together already. How selfish, yet self-harmful. How plain fricking dumb.

I almost. Just almost. Want to say that unvaccinated individuals should be turned away at the door just like total joint patients that don't quit smoking or bariatric patients that don't lose enough weight preop. Clearly, a different situation though.

Rant over. Thx. Very therapeutic.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

"Vax it or Leave it" has a strangely appealing ring to it.

Real tough guy here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0426.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	393945

Are the mandates being enforced or are there havens for the anti vaxed where they are not being enforced?
    I am sure there are ways around not being vaxed, I know I have to show my passport every time I go for a beer and if they didn't know me they would also wana see picture ID

I think locally some people who are on the religious right are not vaxed, but they can work for family/ other god heads then all they gotta do is go to church so if they get really sick even die ... its gods will eh

Not aware of any havens, but I also don't go out much. I do know of a couple people employed with the prov govt that are now on unpaid leave. One is in mgmt. I think there is only a single anti-vax hold-out in the local healthcare on leave. So at least those workplace mandates are being enforced. Those mandates certainly contributed to the uptick in vaccination rates.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Not aware of any havens, but I also don't go out much. I do know of a couple people employed with the prov govt that are now on unpaid leave. One is in mgmt. I think there is only a single anti-vax hold-out in the local healthcare on leave. So at least those workplace mandates are being enforced. Those mandates certainly contributed to the uptick in vaccination rates.
    It's great that's working!

I feel like my local area will become a haven when mandates come. Local school districts are requesting the state to reconsider the pending mandate for public school students because 25% of polled parents said that they'd pull their kids from the schools. When no restaurants were allowed to have indoor diners, several ignored the mandate and became destinations for locals and anti-covid tourists (they were packed most nights while many restaurants were shuttered).

I'm hopeful mandates will improve vax rates in my area, but I'm still skeptical.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/24/e...ntl/index.html

so nobody misses this from the news

so my personal idea.... i will crush some ivermectin tablets and some tamiflu tablets
    and fucking snort the shit out of my sinuses

must be legit

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Give me a booster patch that I wear every day until dead... That tracking microchip cam monitor my immunities 24/7/365 and anytime the levels get below 90% it boosts me again.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Canada begins vaccinating children today. Hopefully the end is in sight, whatever that looks like.

Was on a Brit ski forum reading about logistics of travel to the Alps, and some guy was going on about how the wearing of masks (and by implication, public hygiene like cleaning door handles occasionally in public areas) was a bad thing long term because as we saw with the lack of ‘Flu last winter, viruses wouldn’t propagate as much and thus our immune systems over time would become weak due to underutilization.

My view is that none of these measures work 100%, so reducing the number of contagions being passed around doesn’t mean our immune systems are never used….just means the use would be less frequent. Meanwhile the contagions would have less opportunity to mutate into more virulent strains.

With so many elderly dying of pneumonia historically, my dentistry background suggests that life expectancies would increase. ?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Canada begins vaccinating children today. Hopefully the end is in sight, whatever that looks like.
    My 9 year old is booked for Tuesday. Stoked since there's quite a few cases in the schools.

My sister on the other hand has no plans to vaccinate her boys. For.... reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Was on a Brit ski forum reading about logistics of travel to the Alps, and some guy was going on about how the wearing of masks (and by implication, public hygiene like cleaning door handles occasionally in public areas) was a bad thing long term because as we saw with the lack of ‘Flu last winter, viruses wouldn’t propagate as much and thus our immune systems over time would become weak due to underutilization.
    He should go live in squalor then for ultimate health, no?

Question for the collective: I participated in the Novavax clinical trial out of a sense of civic responsibility. I received a saline injection in January and then the actual vaccine in April (double blind, but it was dead obvious when I got the actual shot). Now I need to travel abroad, but Novavax isn't recognized by anyone as an actual vaccine. I need an actual official vaccination card, which I won't be able to get from Novavax until after my travel window (January).

Am I gonna die if I just drop out of the study and get two rounds of Pfizer? Novavax is a protein based vaccine, which is different than the other mRNA vaccines.

I think I'm just gonna YOLO it and go for it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

There has been high profile cases like the one in Hope Rollies restaurant being shutdown on the news. I was a member of an anti passport FB group which was easy to join so it would be pretty easy to find out who is not enforcing the passport.

There is a FB group that is compiling a listing for the whole prov of businesses doing masking and passports. You can see hot spots of community non compliance. They are even digging on freedom FB and Apps, very through, I'd say that 50% of the gyms are not checking passports and roughly 10% of pubs and restaurants .

hotspots of anti
    Abbotsford
    Aldergrove
    Blind Bay - very hot
    Burns lake
    Campbell river
    Castlegar
    Chilliwack
    Creston very hot
    Dawnson Creek pretty
    Fort Saint John
    Houston
    Nanaimo
    Parksville
    Prince George
    Quesnel
    Salt Spring Island 100% anti
    Smithers 100%
    Sorrento 100%
    Surrey
    Last edited by DougW; 11-25-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Question for the collective: I participated in the Novavax clinical trial out of a sense of civic responsibility. I received a saline injection in January and then the actual vaccine in April (double blind, but it was dead obvious when I got the actual shot). Now I need to travel abroad, but Novavax isn't recognized by anyone as an actual vaccine. I need an actual official vaccination card, which I won't be able to get from Novavax until after my travel window (January).

Am I gonna die if I just drop out of the study and get two rounds of Pfizer? Novavax is a protein based vaccine, which is different than the other mRNA vaccines.

I think I'm just gonna YOLO it and go for it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

pm sent. tj