Page 900 of 929 FirstFirst ... 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 ... LastLast
Results 22,476 to 22,500 of 23206
    I've had a sore throat all day today and starting to feel a bit of general malaise, so I took a Covid test tonight and it came back negative. I suspect there's a good chance it's a cold or RSV.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've had a sore throat all day today and starting to feel a bit of general malaise, so I took a Covid test tonight and it came back negative. I suspect there's a good chance it's a cold or RSV.
    I had cold/general malaise symptoms for 2 1/2 days before I tested positive, as one data point.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Why the hematoma? Poopenhousen?
    Fell standing still on XC skis and landed on my wallet. Apparently standing still is one of the things I've forgotten how to do.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Fell standing still on XC skis and landed on my wallet.
    #surgeonproblems

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Fell standing still on XC skis and landed on my wallet.
    Sounds like you need to slim down that wallet, George Costanza!

Apple wallet or google wallet?

I thought he was talking about how much it cost to go to the ER after falling.

So ..... who actually rides with a full wallet????? Seems like riding with a loaded gun, safety off.

With no wolves lurking about, of course.

The wallet is one of those skinny ones with a magnetic bill clip, without any bills. The pants only have the one pocket. Won't be doing that again though.

For reading on the way to thanksgiving gatherings.

https://jessicawildfire.substack.com...oure-not-wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

Oh FFS
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

:P

My gathering is 20. 5 are over 75, 2 of which are known to have multiple comorbidities. Probably the last time the elderly are all in a room together to celebrate. Lots of faith and lots of recent likely/possible exposures for many of the 20.

Need to spread tgat far and wide. Biden administration is handly pandemic poorly. Not as blatantly inhumane as tRump, but not well either. Basically we've arrived at Let's Do Sweden. And I love the Michael Burry quote.

The hyperbole in the intro is annoying.

The hyperbole in the intro is annoying.
    Not at all. It makes it.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Oh FFS
    Yep, that's it. We're doomed. This virus is unlike any other encountered by humans. It's smarter than we are, quicker than our science, and ruthless. We're all going to die and this is the end of the human experience. May as well start to party like it's 1999! ......oh, wait....

I had a really good time 1999dec30-2000jan3. Large party on a ranch, potlucks, music, art, lots of psychedelics. No covid.

One of the main DJs from that trip now has MS (not covid-related, but covid didn’t help) and struggles every day; they’re under 50 years old. Another of the main electronic musicmakers has the form of long covid where your skin has weird rashes and feels like its burning in various places at various times. The latter caught covid in early March 2020 from their job in Santa Clara County.

I am 26h in p4. What a heavy ride this time. Previous shots i had "bad" sideeffects. This one is like being kneedeep in. Muscle&joint pain... general tiredness, discomfort.... etc

I tried it sober.... no way.... there is only one solution imo
    Light it up... i would prefer edibles for such a therapy

Or any of these

Influenza A
    Influenza A subtype H1
    Influenza A subtype H3
    Influenza B
    Human Parainfluenza Virus (HPIV) 1
    Human Parainfluenza Virus (HPIV) 2
    Human Parainfluenza Virus (HPIV) 3
    Human Parainfluenza Virus (HPIV) 4
    Rhinovirus/Enterovirus
    Human Metapneumovirus (HMPV)
    Human Respiratory Syncytial Virus (HRSV) A
    Human Respiratory Syncytial Virus (HRSV) B
    Adenovirus
    Coronavirus 229E
    Coronavirus OC43
    Coronavirus NL63
    Coronavirus HKU1
    Human Bocavirus
    Chlamydophila pneumoniae
    Mycoplasma pneumoniae

^ Totally what I had yep

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Or any of these

Influenza A
    Influenza A subtype H1
    Influenza A subtype H3
    Influenza B
    Human Parainfluenza Virus (HPIV) 1
    Human Parainfluenza Virus (HPIV) 2
    Human Parainfluenza Virus (HPIV) 3
    Human Parainfluenza Virus (HPIV) 4
    Rhinovirus/Enterovirus
    Human Metapneumovirus (HMPV)
    Human Respiratory Syncytial Virus (HRSV) A
    Human Respiratory Syncytial Virus (HRSV) B
    Adenovirus
    Coronavirus 229E
    Coronavirus OC43
    Coronavirus NL63
    Coronavirus HKU1
    Human Bocavirus
    Chlamydophila pneumoniae
    Mycoplasma pneumoniae
    I totally dismissed it being the flu since it didn't hit me like a freight train, but on the other hand I had my flu shot, so it's possible it could have been and it was just blunted because of that. Whatever it is it's been shitty. Still not feeling well and it started last Sunday night. I don't recall having an illness drag on like this for a long time.

This is pretty funny. I wear a Fitbit, so it tracks my resting hear rate. Look at how it's increased since I've gotten sick:
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-11-25 174202.png
Views: 278
Size:  6.3 KB
    How high can I go?

I totally dismissed it being the flu since it didn't hit me like a freight train, but on the other hand I had my flu shot, so it's possible it could have been and it was just blunted because of that. Whatever it is it's been shitty. Still not feeling well and it started last Sunday night. I don't recall having an illness drag on like this for a long time.

This is pretty funny. I wear a Fitbit, so it tracks my resting hear rate. Look at how it's increased since I've gotten sick:
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-11-25 174202.png
Views: 278
Size:  6.3 KB
    How high can I go?
    We are seeing a lot of flu at my work, but most are 6yrs and younger (for now) or school teachers/day care employees. Typically flu is characterized by true febrile illness, unlike many other seasonal respiratory viruses which are low grade or no temp (<100). Flu is pretty easy to spot clinically.

A heart rate of 60-65 is nothing.........and unlikely flu. Kids are routinely in the 120's or higher when febrile, adults often over 100.

Thankfully influenza R-0 is WAY lower than Omicron. It's about 1-2 vs Omicron which is estimated to by MUCH higher.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like the flu to me. I wasn't posting the heart rate graph with the idea that it was an indication of flu, just that it's crazy that it's gone up by 10 bpm over the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Typically flu is characterized by true febrile illness, unlike many other seasonal respiratory viruses which are low grade or no temp (<100). Flu is pretty easy to spot clinically.
    Expanding on this clinical view, and this is decidedly so for the clinical flu you see, but... while a lot of flu is sub-clinical, which you know, most are not aware of the data suggesting most flu cases may be asymptomatic.

Drs. Fragaszy's (PhD) and Hayward's (MD) works on PIPS an Flu Watch (and now Virus Watch) cohort studies out of England are worth the look. Their UCL group's work is pretty amazing not because of the annual 18% attack rate (in the unvaccinated), but that 77% of cases were asymptomatic in that study... some other works showed 25-50% and this likely varies by year/lineage (Flu Watch was looking at 2009 H1N1 vs we have H3N2 predominant this year so far). From their followup work, crossprotective T cell mediated immunity seemed to drive lower symptomatic rates. This data is key because underestimating asymptomatic cases leads to overestimating severity and missing transmissions, as we saw with early COVID data as well.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...034-7/fulltext
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5837336/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4476562/
    https://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/id/eprint/10151113/

From the same peeps, I always like empirical evidence for hand hygiene applied from past datasets to speculate on the now (washing hands prevents common human coronavirus infection, will be interesting to see if Virus Watch data shows this for COVID)
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8243225/
    And empirical data for eye protection with COVID
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....29.22272997v1
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.