Page 134 of 929 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 23206
    Overheard at a restaurant last night:
    "I'm smart. If this virus was as strong as they say..."
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    How does hat work with the different Counties.? Truckee is near Placer, Nevada, Sierra counties. Can you go to any of them or are they restricting you to your county?
    Teledad had a good point about likely vax availability by May. It’s not dependent on what county you live in, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Overheard at a restaurant last night:
    "I'm smart. If this virus was as strong as they say..."
    if he was that smart would he be eating in a restaurant ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

PNW mags might want to check here. Just got appointments at the Tacoma Dome site for Saturday. Lots of them still available.

Friday April 9th 10am-530pm: https://prepmod.doh.wa.gov//reg/5615229087

Saturday April 10th 10am-530pm: https://prepmod.doh.wa.gov//reg/3012287569
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    PNW mags might want to check here. Just got appointments at the Tacoma Dome site for Saturday. Lots of them still available.

Friday April 9th 10am-530pm: https://prepmod.doh.wa.gov//reg/5615229087

Saturday April 10th 10am-530pm: https://prepmod.doh.wa.gov//reg/3012287569
    Is this open to everyone or just phase 1?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Is this open to everyone or just phase 1?
    Phase 1B tier 4 - self certify

Fred hutch has availability but you have to sign up right at midnight two days out. As in 12:05 might be too late.

W2 literally has 100s of open appointments for tomorrow afternoon.

Read last night that Tri-Cities has the lowest vax rate in the state. They are having trouble getting people in BUT there are a couple factors that could be affecting it like high Latino population and a younger population not yet eligible.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

PNW mags might want to check here. Just got appointments at the Tacoma Dome site for Saturday

10am-530pm
    Monster trucks start at 7

Heart tribute band goes on at 9

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    W2 literally has 100s of open appointments for tomorrow afternoon.

Read last night that Tri-Cities has the lowest vax rate in the state. They are having trouble getting people in BUT there are a couple factors that could be affecting it like high Latino population and a younger population not yet eligible.
    Lame. Let the local health authorities determine local eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post

Can I grow a mullet by Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Lame. Let the local health authorities determine local eligibility.
    All a moot point in 9 days
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Fuck yeah, who doesn't love some double back flip monster truck action

Can I grow a mullet by Saturday?

Sunday

SUNDAY

SUNDAY!!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    All a moot point in 9 days
    It is going to be fucking chaos. The WA State vaccine finder is a complete mess. basically directing people to register for future appointments with multiple "partners" who may or may not have functioning online systems or who aren't giving doses to new patients/non-members. Costco and Walmart appear to have removed themselves completely from the system (Costco's site was down all weekend)

We had a year to plan this better.

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY!!!!!! COME FOR THE VACCINATIONS BUT STAY FOR THE MAYHEM!!!! IF YOU CAN PROVE ANY SORT OF FORMAL EDUCATION, INCLUDING CLOWN COLLEGE OR PEZ DISPENSER REPAIR SCHOOL, HALF HALF HALF OFF!!!! YOU'LL PAY FOR THE WHOLE SEAT, BUT ONLY NEED THE EEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is going to be fucking chaos. The WA State vaccine finder is a complete mess. basically directing people to register for future appointments with multiple "partners" who may or may not have functioning online systems or who aren't giving doses to new patients/non-members. Costco and Walmart appear to have removed themselves completely from the system (Costco's site was down all weekend)

We had a year to plan this better.
    More than that, we've had 3 months to see what's working and make plans for when eligibility for vaccinations opens up.

I think goldmember is partly right, but we needed better organization from the top so that local health departments could set rules that make sense for their areas.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Just about 24 hrs now, since my Pfizer #2. No side effects, no dead arm, no fever, no aches or pains. Why do some get the side effects and some don’t?
    I've been wondering if those that react to the vaccine would be more likely to get a severe case of COVID. Or is it still luck of the draw?

I can guarantee you I'll be on the web at midnight on April 15th when eligibility opens for everyone trying to get an appointment. I find it a little frustrating that I can't even make an appointment now for a date after my eligibility starts.

I can guarantee you I'll be on the web at midnight on April 15th when eligibility opens for everyone trying to get an appointment. I find it a little frustrating that I can't even make an appointment now for a date after my eligibility starts.
    You can weigh your own ethical stance on this, but you can sign up now as "eligible" and get in a queue that wont likely result in an appointment until after you are eligible. Or just do what I did, start smoking up your comorbidity game.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    More than that, we've had 3 months to see what's working and make plans for when eligibility for vaccinations opens up.

I think goldmember is partly right, but we needed better organization from the top so that local health departments could set rules that make sense for their areas.
    Precisely my point. The problem is that 'the top' made the decision to control it from the State level and to not delegate authority to the local health departments. And, they haven't adjusted on the fly when it was evident that many appointment slots went unfilled. As I discussed on March 25th, for example; WW County had over 1,000 open slots for THAT DAY in their vaccination clinic held at their fairgrounds. When KQ inquired about filling a spot, she was denied due to not meeting eligibility criteria established by the State. That's just one of, I'm sure, many examples of the flawed overreach of the State. (KQ, correct that story if I got it wrong). The point is that the State developed a control plan with no adjustments for changing circumstances. Had the allowed the regional health districts authority to adjust based on the ground battle, a whole bunch more people would be vaxxed by now and the concern over chaos on the 15th would be somewhat muted. As it is, shitshow on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    You can weigh your own ethical stance on this, but you can sign up now as "eligible" and get in a queue that wont likely result in an appointment until after you are eligible. Or just do what I did, start smoking up your comorbidity game.
    Yeah, I know. I figured I've made it this long without resorting to lying to get a spot that I might as well stay the course.

Yeah, I know. I figured I've made it this long without resorting to lying to get a spot that I might as well stay the course.
    And good for you. I did the same. What irks me is that some officials have essentially been encouraging people to cheat and put their own integrity on the line rather than have the state do the right thing and open up the criteria where it made sense to do so. The other side of that is that you're not jumping the line if there is no line so what's the harm? Other than to your own moral integrity, that is....

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Precisely my point. The problem is that 'the top' made the decision to control it from the State level and to not delegate authority to the local health departments. And, they haven't adjusted on the fly when it was evident that many appointment slots went unfilled. As I discussed on March 25th, for example; WW County had over 1,000 open slots for THAT DAY in their vaccination clinic held at their fairgrounds. When KQ inquired about filling a spot, she was denied due to not meeting eligibility criteria established by the State. That's just one of, I'm sure, many examples of the flawed overreach of the State. (KQ, correct that story if I got it wrong). The point is that the State developed a control plan with no adjustments for changing circumstances. Had the allowed the regional health districts authority to adjust based on the ground battle, a whole bunch more people would be vaxxed by now and the concern over chaos on the 15th would be somewhat muted. As it is, shitshow on the horizon.
    I'm not sure that keeping it local is necessarily the answer or that local authorities are any better qualified to deal with this than the state, or that they wouldn't almost certainly have fucked it up even worse and led to even more inequalities.

Edit: it looks like WW county has 26% of total population vaccinated - if they have that many untaken doses they should be moved to counties that haven't got that high a figure. Like Franklin that only has 12% or Pierce at 18%.

Join the "Seattle Vaccine Hunters" Facebook page if you havent already. They are great about immediate info on left over doses if you can jump in your car pretty quickly. I'm on Vashon now, so I am fucked until my number gets officially called, but for mainlanders, I have seen a lot of options. Good luck, AD