Page 129 of 929 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Same experience here. CA is opening to everyone over 16 on April 15. I went on to see if I could schedule an appt for after that date. No dice, "It's not your turn yet". Um, yeah I know that, but it will be on Apr 15. Hadn't even thought to fudge eligibility, just tried again and as L2S notes below there are no appointments available.

Interesting, when I checked a few days ago I ended up on the myturn.ca.gov website which linked through to all sorts of providers....Vons, Albertsons, Walgreens, CVS etc. They all showed availability for one or two types of vaccine. Now only Vons shows up, and all locations show no appointments. Then I look at the SD County site which only lists the super vaccination sites, and they all show no appointments available as well.

I imagine it will be an even bigger mess on 4/15 when everyone gets a notification that they're now available. Maybe I'll give it a month or two...
    Did this happen just now?

It's called night processing. Look again in the morning.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Sciency mags, how critical is it that the 2nd jab be at the precise time interval? Is there anything to be concerned about if I can't get it till 5 days later? Heck, will the provider even let me put it off those extra days?
    I had first Moderna shot in January planned out by our school district/local health provider.....second was planned was exactly 4 weeks later in February....but then got delayed a week because of vaccine shortage....so mine/ours was 5 week interval. Whole school district 250+ employees....no issues with being a week later.

2nd shot done, no side effects beside being a bit thirsty and a little tired. Much more efficient at the vaccine center with lots more national guard working the lines. Full open enrollment starts in NV Monday so need to get the wife set up and May is looking like the first time seeing the parents since early 2020!

Ugh... they are saying the vax *may* be effective for up to 6 months.

6 months?! That's all?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Ugh... they are saying the vax *may* be effective for up to 6 months.

6 months?! That's all?
    They don’t have data that goes beyond 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    They don’t have data that goes beyond 6 months
    Well okay.... that helps because if jabbing people had to be on a 6 month rotation that would be a nightmare.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

They only claimed 90 days at the beginning since that was how long the trials went.

It's been nice not having a cold or anything for at least a year now. Hoping the stigma remains that if you're sick (with any type of cold) it's looked down upon to be out and about.

Well okay.... that helps because if jabbing people had to be on a 6 month rotation that would be a nightmare.
    It would be annoying but I'd take that over our current situation.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    It's been nice not having a cold or anything for at least a year now. Hoping the stigma remains that if you're sick (with any type of cold) it's looked down upon to be out and about.
    I certainly hope so. Unfortunately, hopes only go so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Did this happen just now?

It's called night processing. Look again in the morning.
    Web based systems that don't work at night? Fucking briliant!

Actually, previous time I looked was also at night. Just checked again, same result as I got last night.

Second 2 days ago. No ill effects.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

This would be fantastic. Or if people with colds would wear masks. People at my with have tons of pto but they never use it when sick. Instead they come to work and get everyone else sick. And it’s the same people getting sick year after year.

Got second Pfizer shot yesterday. Arm is a lot more sore than first shot and I’m a little tired but that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    This would be fantastic. Or if people with colds would wear masks. People at my with have tons of pto but they never use it when sick. Instead they come to work and get everyone else sick. And it’s the same people getting sick year after year.

Got second Pfizer shot yesterday. Arm is a lot more sore than first shot and I’m a little tired but that’s it.
    My employer has had a (not always followed) policy of wearing a surgical mask if you have a cold forever. I used to think it was a bit over the top but not anymore.

Wife and I got our second Moderna this week. Side effects hit us both hard, I was achy and feverish all over about 20-36 hours after with pretty serious fatigue. She had fever/chills and really felt like shit from probably 12-36 hours after. Happy to be on the other side now.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Same experience here. CA is opening to everyone over 16 on April 15. I went on to see if I could schedule an appt for after that date. No dice, "It's not your turn yet". Um, yeah I know that, but it will be on Apr 15. Hadn't even thought to fudge eligibility, just tried again and as L2S notes below there are no appointments available.

Interesting, when I checked a few days ago I ended up on the myturn.ca.gov website which linked through to all sorts of providers....Vons, Albertsons, Walgreens, CVS etc. They all showed availability for one or two types of vaccine. Now only Vons shows up, and all locations show no appointments. Then I look at the SD County site which only lists the super vaccination sites, and they all show no appointments available as well.

I imagine it will be an even bigger mess on 4/15 when everyone gets a notification that they're now available. Maybe I'll give it a month or two...
    They don't know if and what vaccine they will have, so can't schedule far out.
    Skip the State and County and try the City. SDFD has it dialed, try website at different times of day for appointments to open up. I found mine on a Friday afternoon, 530pm. You are actually qualified now, given your BMI. Even I'm San Diego fat. :-). https://www.sandiego.gov/covid-19-vaccination

If I still commuted by transit I would def. wear a mask during cold & flu season. After this I don't think you would get a sideways look and I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be alone.

FYI for folks looking for an appointment. Some of the sites will show you an appointment, if you get lucky. When you click it, they then ask for more info, but don't reserve your slot, so it likely gets sniped before you can complete the appointment registration

I've been sniped multiple times at 3 of the local health sites. Got my appointment at CVS.com, where they held it for 20 minutes while I completed registration.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    FYI for folks looking for an appointment. Some of the sites will show you an appointment, if you get lucky. When you click it, they then ask for more info, but don't reserve your slot, so it likely gets sniped before you can complete the appointment registration

I've been sniped multiple times at 3 of the local health sites. Got my appointment at CVS.com, where they held it for 20 minutes while I completed registration.
    Ya, that happened to me in VT.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    They don't know if and what vaccine they will have, so can't schedule far out.
    Skip the State and County and try the City. SDFD has it dialed, try website at different times of day for appointments to open up. I found mine on a Friday afternoon, 530pm. You are actually qualified now, given your BMI. Even I'm San Diego fat. :-). https://www.sandiego.gov/covid-19-vaccination
    Did you just call me a fat fuck? Lol. BMI calculator says 26.6, which qualifies as overweight per SD county criteria. I knew the 4 beers a day would pay off!

I only see 1 location on the City's site at Balboa Park and no appts available, but I'll keep checking. Thx. Didn't realize the city had its own vaccination setup.

Well that is interesting. All these websites are such a mess, I ended up getting linked back on the State of CA site myturn.ca.gov. Clicked through to see if there is any appt availability there, and found a bunch of appts open for next Thursday. Based on SD County's criteria I qualify, but I don't qualify according to criteria on the state's site. It very clearly says you need to bring proof of eligibility, but being CA you don't need to in order to prove underlying medical conditions, ha. I printed the BMI calc and the County's criteria anyways. The site requires booking for the second appt same time, so this should be Pfizer or Moderna.

PM'd Liv2ski

Med dork here, the journal articles are reporting observational data since the vax administration started. So the data only goes back to 6 months or so. There are smaller studies with some of the original trial cohorts that are showing robust antibody responses at over 9 months. Additionally there are studies now showing post infection immunity is persisting over 9 months at this point.
    Just like the "you don't need a vax for 90 days post infection " was a conservative number, it's now looking like immunity from the vax will be persistent, and this probably won't be a flu shot type thing that needs to be repeated regularly. Also good news on the variant front as the latest study shows good protection against the South African variant .

Tl;dr:. The vaccines so far are exceeding expectations and will likely last for a while.

Thanks Evdog. That site hates me. I always see a date, but no times????
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

At the clinic (fair grounds) waiting for our first appts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1617465028181.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	370315

Got my first Pfizer yesterday, easiest thing I have ever done for my health. Didn’t have to do more paperwork then writing down my SS number

At the clinic (fair grounds) waiting for our first appts.
    I'll be curious to hear if all of the appointments were taken, and if they all show up.

The new trend in the counties just south of here is people no-showing.