Page 450 of 929 FirstFirst ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... LastLast
Results 11,226 to 11,250 of 23206

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I never argued it was illegal. The Supreme Court lets you deny wedding cakes to gay people, which is also bullshit. Denying customers service because you disagree with them on some issue is now a thing. And I stand by my outrage to that. It's different than some corporation taking a stance or pulling a contract (like Patagonia pulling their contract with Jackson Hole over Marjorie Taylor Greene support). Denying service to a customer is an ultimate fuck you. It is personal, and it is to their face. It is done with political intentions and to invoke a reaction. The lab wanted to start a fight with Owens (they had to assume Owens would post that email online).

The lab says Owens asked for the test under their concierge service (they go to your hotel room). “We stand behind our staff and we’re not sending them to someone’s hotel room when they don’t feel safe,” Lee (the lab) told The Aspen Times. As far as I know, this lab never asks for a person's vaccination status when booking the appointment. Owens said she booked the appointment under her maiden name. The lab did research on their customer, and singled out Owens. I am sure the lab has gone to hotel rooms in Aspen and tested other, non-vaccinated persons. And if going to the hotel room was the issue, why not inform Owens of that and make her come to the lab. If the lab wanted to impose a blanket policy where they only test vaccinated persons for the safety of their staff, that is fine. But that's not the situation. They did not deny Owens for the safety of their staff, but now are pushing that bogus narrative.

The owners of the lab claim their testing business is strictly private and hasn’t received any public dollars at the local, state or federal levels. Owens claims this is not true (she says federal and state money). To me, it is irrelevant. COVID testing sites shouldn't be denying anyone unless it is for specific health and safety or triage reasons. For what it's worth, the lab bills itself as the "only CLIA Certified High Complexity laboratory capable of resulting Covid-19 PCR and antigen testse in the Roaring Fork Valley."
    No one cares about your outrage, no one was harmed. If she’s a known anti vaccine, anti mask, Covid conspiracy mouth piece she can get tested elsewhere. She wasn’t denied care, there was nothing wrong with her.

Your stance on some of these issues is why people hate lawyers. You’re arguing about something that isn’t even illegal. If the lab did get PPP money or any other public money it’s public record. Go find it, until then it’s he said, she said. If they did receive public funds for the purpose of Covid testing then there is an issue. You’re arguing a philosophical stance at this point and no one cares about your contrarian view point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sounds like the TGR collective thinks it is perfectly ok to not serve someone at a restaurant because of their political views and who they are (again, this is now a thing). While this may be legal, it is not moral. And not the country I want to live in. Should COVID testing sites deny tests to child rapists? Climate change deniers? Politicians who have undermined the vaccine like Rand Paul? When someone asks where we should draw the line, it is simple, there is no line. A true liberal would know this. TGR bourgeoisie, not so much. Carry on.
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-03 092321.png
Views: 228
Size:  447.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Sounds like the TGR collective thinks it is perfectly ok to not serve someone at a restaurant because of their political views and who they are (again, this is now a thing). While this may be legal, it is not moral. And not the country I want to live in. Should COVID testing sites deny tests to child rapists? Climate change deniers? Politicians who have undermined the vaccine like Rand Paul? When someone asks where we should draw the line, it is simple, there is no line. A true liberal would know this. TGR bourgeoisie, not so much. Carry on.
    go look at a little of owens well documented history and address your bullshit framing that the aspen testing center started the fight

fuck your practiced , slippery deflection

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    no one was harmed.
    Ask yourself this-had the lab just given her the test, would any of us know who Owens is? Does the lab's decision to deny Owens the test increase the vaccination rate in America? Sometimes you just have to take the high road in life.

If there’s a mask mandate and a restaurant denies service to an unmasked customer(political protest) that’s fine by me. If they want to deny service to the unvaccinated(without medical reason) that’s okay too. Arguing contrary is just prolonging this pandemic and catering to adult children who aren’t getting their way. It’s a collective temper tantrum and you’re egging them on. That’s what’s morally wrong and you should be ashamed of yourself.

If I was running that lab, I would have tested her despite the fact that despise her actions relative to COVID misinformation. It would be mostly about avoiding drama and a little about ethics
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Ask yourself this-had the lab just given her the test, would any of us know who Owens is? Does the lab's decision to deny Owens the test increase the vaccination rate in America? Sometimes you just have to take the high road in life.
    Taking the high road is sucking it up and doing what needs to be done right now to stop the pandemic. It’s not catering to lying assholes that are spreading misinformation to increase the worth of their brand.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    A major study of Ivermectin is now complete and finds ‘no effect whatsoever.’ More sickening, a lot of the same people associated with the hydroxychloroquine fraud moved on to ivermectin. Including many of the 'Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance' group Joe Rogan has supported.

Their reprehensible promotions claim ivermectin is '99 percent effective' and 'the pandemic would end in a month' but there's a conspiracy to hide the truth about ivermectin to sell vaccines:

"In early June, Weinstein began to claim that ivermectin—a genuinely remarkable antiparasitic drug used to treat tropical diseases such as river blindness—could be applied to “eradicate” COVID-19. He invited physicians from a group called the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) to join him in what he called “an emergency podcast” to “save the world.” He began by explaining gravely that “something very serious is afoot, and the public is largely unaware that they have been placed into a kind of danger.” He and his guests offered the claim that ivermectin is “99 percent effective” in treating COVID-19; that it could be used as a prophylaxis against infection; and that were it widely used, the pandemic would end in “a month.” These truths, they suggested, had been suppressed by a conspiracy. They did not specify the mechanism by which the supposed conspiracy works, but they were clear about its object: selling COVID-19 vaccines."

https://quillette.com/2021/07/06/loo...lled-vaccines/
    The Weinstein brothers are convinced there is some giant conspiracy to suppress their speech and ideas. See the “intellectual dark web” etc

Brett Weinstein has made it very publicly known that he is taking ivermectin in lieu of getting vaccinated because he is afraid of “the toxic spike protein” etc.

They also made a huge stink all over YouTube when YouTube took down some of their videos promoting ivermectin.

People will say “ who are these people (Rogan, Weinsteins, etc) and why does anyone care” and then 5 posts later bitch about unvaccinated people and where do they get their crazy ideas that keep them from being vaccinated. They are all in the same social media circles and are feeding this crap to tens of millions of people in the name of skeptical scientific inquiry while simultaneously bemoaning that they are being suppressed and it’s becoming a real problem for the rest of us.

Im sure it’s a grift like the anti vaccine movement is, but goddamn I want these people to own up to their erroneous conclusions and tell people to stop taking garbage and get vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    sorry, bub
    that cunt owens has given most of the population an in your face fuck you for months. she is the one that acts with political intentions, wants to invoke reactions and is starting the fight with the sane majority of this country. not just starting a fight or expressing different views, but promoting misinformation and actions which undermine the (our) public health

the aspen clinic is taking her up on that provocation, not starting it.

but , you keep bending over like that and soon your self-rimming fantasy will become a reality
    Regardless of beliefs, Owens is trying to play ball and get tested which best serves the public health, correct?

Where is the outrage from the Dems who should be admonishing this testing center for failing to "do their part" and help protect public health?

Different rules for republicans. That's her outrage.

Even though the correct answer is clearly keep quiet and give the test, altasnob's an your framing misses the mark. It's not different rules for Republicans. Candace Self-Owen is a professional victim. This is her shtick.

Candace Owens is one of the most influential people in the USA and uses her platform to spread misinformation. The privately owned covid testing center in Aspen refused to test because she spreads covid and vaccine conspiracies.

They should have given the test regardless. But unless you're arguing all Republicans believe Covid is a hoax involving a conspiracy to sell vaccines then view this for what it is: an inconsequential drama involving a crisis actress.

Even though the correct answer is clearly keep quiet and give the test, altasnob's an your framing misses the mark. Candace Self-Owen is a professional victim.
    Like most commentators today, I doubt Owens believes half the shit she says. The grievance thing is a lucrative place to be regardless of politics.

Even though the correct answer is clearly keep quiet and give the test, altasnob's an your framing misses the mark. Candace Self-Owen is a professional victim.
    So I'm glad you agree that this testing center fucked up then.

And this dumbass gave Candace Owens a platform. Can you say backfire?

Snake oil salesman are also running these private testing centers making money off the pandemic. Here's one, and she votes democrat.

Mr. Gyptian?

I would have thought that Locke would have supported a private business denying service. Rights of private property and all.

It's not like a car dealership would kick an abusive customer out, independent of political affiliation.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Snake oil salesman are also running these private testing centers making money off the pandemic. Here's one, and she votes democrat.
    That's another part that irked me. In the lab's email, she's complaining about how underpaid and overworked her staff is. But who has more control over that than the owner of the business? It's Aspen for fuck sake. Charge $1000 a test and say no insurance accepted. If you want to be virtuous, offer a sliding scale fee based on ability to pay.

Maybe this was a publicity stunt....by the owner of the lab! More tests means more money right? They'll get people driving all the way from Denver to get their test at the lab who was brave enough to stick it to Owens.

So I'm glad you agree that this testing center fucked up then.

And this dumbass gave Candace Owens a platform. Can you say backfire?

Wrong. She already had a platform.

But you’re right that more people know of her now. Know of her inability to get basic facts correct about a situation she is trying leverage for attention and political points. And more people now know about her wanting to get tested for a pandemic she says is fake. If there is a backfire here it’s hers to own.

She made a fool of herself. As did some posters in here on a smaller level.

You calling a covid testing center snake oil salesmen tells us you go to the “Candace Owen school of exaggerated and misplaced outrage for political and personal gain”.

That's another part that irked me. In the lab's email, she's complaining about how underpaid and overworked her staff is. But who has more control over that than the owner of the business? It's Aspen for fuck sake. Charge $1000 a test and say no insurance accepted. If you want to be virtuous, offer a sliding scale fee based on ability to pay.
    You get irked pretty easily then. Maybe try more fiber in your diet.

And yet his senseabilities weren't offended by fraudster docs pushing ivermectin to millions of people in lieu of vaccines.

Ask yourself this-had the lab just given her the test, would any of us know who Owens is?
    Yes we would. Stop arguing here just to fucking argue and look around the rest of the world. The bitch is very well known.
    My god you cunt this board up bad.
    Get off your narcissistic high horse.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Elaborate a bit on this please. Should Aspen not have a testing center because someone will make a profit off of such a business? Regardless of the owners political affiliation.

Regarding Owens, she sets up these scenarios on purpose to get people who are republicans to get bent out of shape. You understand that the clinic she was denied access to did so because not only is she an antivaxxer but she is an anti-masker, so letting her in maskless would be risky to their patrons. Furthermore, the clinic offered her another testing option behind Aspen City Hall and she refused.

What do you think about a private business denying service because of their owners personal beliefs? I see very little difference between this and say a bakery refusing to make a wedding cake for a potential client because that client is gay.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Altaslob argues about the morality of not testing Owen and then shifts to talking shit about a business he knows nothing about in regards to their financial situation. Changing the narrative to suit his argument.

Is altaslob for or against liberty regardless of a person’s character? It’s hard to say because he keeps falling of the fence on both sides.

I never said ACLU was against mandates, they have concerns with vaccine IDs. You guys can't read. You just want someone to hate.

Old goat says it much more eloquently than I do.
    Credit Arlo Guthrie

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Yup, way more nuanced.
    ACLU is not against vax passports. They are merely saying that vax passports should:
    - Not be exclusively digital
    - Be decentralized and open source
    - not allow for tracking people or for creation/cross-reference to other databases

https://www.aclu.org/news/privacy-te...ine-passports/

All reasonable ground rules IMO

They are in favor of the passport bill before the NY legislature
    https://action.aclu.org/send-message...cine-passports
    Can you put a digital vaccine passport on a flip phone? Asking for a friend.

I certainly support the non digital option in concept but it is problematic. A physical vaccine card would need to be hard to fake and available quickly to everyone who wants one right away. How long does it take to get a new DL or passport? Why did the Feds give the states so much time to roll out RealID? And what happens when the vaccine requirement changes--for boosters or for a vaccine for a new variant. Everybody has to get a new card. The alternative is to accept the CDC card as valid proof of vaccination, go after counterfeiters hard, and accept that some people will get away with faking it. Just like there are lots of people driving around without DLs. I think we'll wind up with the latter, with digital cards for those who want one.

And it's worth emphasizing--again--that vaccine mandates do and should apply only to discretionary activities, the kind of activities that people who cant afford phones tend not to do.

And btw--can you put a digital vaccine ID on a burner? Asking for a friend.

another antivaxxer RN with a long social media history goes. Sad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainA...e_like_lauren/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

The Ignore function is a good tool. I highly recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I guess you could make the argument technically, but...
    I don't know if you realize who you're talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I can't believe he was always like this but it does seem like every damn day he's in here (and other threads) fucking that chicken.
    I consistently find myself thinking back to what may have been your funniest post. Saying that the difference between Austin and Timberidge is that timber knows he's trolling. I think it applies to other people too.