Page 308 of 929 FirstFirst ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 23206
    RJ went from 100% of the people over 50 to a blanket claim, "Doesn't matter if you vaccinate 100%" a ridiculous conclusion to draw given the evidence.

Vermont is another example: with the the highest vaccination rate (67%) in America it has the lowest rate of hospitalizations in the US Delta wave. Only 3 Covid patients in the whole state of Vermont with just 1 in ICU, over the past 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Good god people are dumb.
    Covide 19 Misinformation

False Claim : Don’t believe the hype that Florida” COVID-19 “numbers are up. It’s a blatant lie.

Debunk Date : 07/25/2021 Debunked By : politifact Sources : Facebook, Instagram
    The false claim is: "A woman who says she is a registered nurse living in Tampa claims that, despite news reports, COVID-19 is not ravaging Florida. " This is false. As of July 27, 2021, "Over the previous week, Florida accounted for more than one-fifth of new COVID-19 cases in the U.S. and recorded more COVID-19 deaths than any other state. The seven day-average positivity rate for testing rose from 0.83% on June 11 to 24.3% on July 25."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Few things are as boring as rehashing the mask debate yet again but for all the talk of inconclusive studies and reports showing little mask efficacy there are also plenty of “real-world” studies showing a confirmed benefit from masks:

• An investigation of a high-exposure event, in which 2 symptomatically ill hair stylists interacted for an average of 15 minutes with each of 139 clients during an 8-day period, found that none of the 67 clients who subsequently consented to an interview and testing developed infection. The stylists and all clients universally wore masks in the salon as required by local ordinance and company policy at the time.
    • In a study of 124 Beijing households with > 1 laboratory-confirmed case of SARS-CoV-2 infection, mask use by the index patient and family contacts before the index patient developed symptoms reduced secondary transmission within the households by 79%.
    • A retrospective case-control study from Thailand documented that, among more than 1,000 persons interviewed as part of contact tracing investigations, those who reported having always worn a mask during high-risk exposures experienced a greater than 70% reduced risk of acquiring infection compared with persons who did not wear masks under these circumstances.
    • A study of an outbreak aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, an environment notable for congregate living quarters and close working environments, found that use of face coverings on-board was associated with a 70% reduced risk.
    • Investigations involving infected passengers aboard flights longer than 10 hours strongly suggest that masking prevented in-flight transmissions, as demonstrated by the absence of infection developing in other passengers and crew in the 14 days following exposure.

Additional analysis of data from 200 countries that included the U.S. also demonstrated reductions in mortality. Another 10-site study showed reductions in hospitalization growth rates following mask mandate implementation. A separate series of cross-sectional surveys in the U.S. suggested that a 10% increase in self-reported mask wearing tripled the likelihood of stopping community transmission. An economic analysis using U.S. data found that, given these effects, increasing universal masking by 15% could prevent the need for lockdowns and reduce associated losses of up to $1 trillion or about 5% of gross domestic product.

Updated May 7, 2021 : https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html
    False Claim : Wearing a mask to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is unnecessary because the disease can also be spread via farts.

Debunk Date : 07/29/2020 Debunked By : snopes Sources : Social Media, The Daily Star
    The false claim is: "Wearing a mask to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is unnecessary because the disease can also be spread via farts." This is false. Despite overwhelming evidence that mask use slows the spread of COVID-19, there has been continuous pushback on social media from those who oppose wearing these potentially life-saving face coverings. In July 2020, we came across a strange, new argument in this ongoing debate, as seen in the meme above: There’s no point in wearing a mask because the fumes of a fart can penetrate through underwear and pants, including denim jeans. The meme is ambiguous but appears to be arguing at a minimum that 1.) since the odor of a fart can pass through denim, a deadly virus can penetrate through a cloth mask and/or 2.) that COVID-19 may be transmissible via a fart.

Sources : Social Media, The Daily Star
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Pretest probility is driven by severity of illness. Symptomatic patients are more likely to get tested and more likely to have a higher viral load.

Aggregate PCR Ct data are not part of the public dataset to use as a proxy.
    Right, so we're talking about a two-stage selection: picking those who get tested and, of those, those who test positive. Then they checked viral load (in what seems like a smallish sample, but no matter) among the PCR+ and compared the average level of the vaccinated PCR+ to the average unvaccinated PCR+ (correct me if I have any of this wrong, that's how I've interpreted the details of the reported "nearly identical" viral loads).

My point is that this average coming up similar is expected (>50% likely, at least), not surprising. And yet it's been treated like some kind of bombshell discovery that means something about the contagiousness of vaccinated people in general when the meaningful numbers for that would be %+ and what's the average viral load 3 days later etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    False Claim : Wearing a mask to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is unnecessary because the disease can also be spread via farts.

Debunk Date : 07/29/2020 Debunked By : snopes Sources : Social Media, The Daily Star
    The false claim is: "Wearing a mask to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is unnecessary because the disease can also be spread via farts." This is false. Despite overwhelming evidence that mask use slows the spread of COVID-19, there has been continuous pushback on social media from those who oppose wearing these potentially life-saving face coverings. In July 2020, we came across a strange, new argument in this ongoing debate, as seen in the meme above: There’s no point in wearing a mask because the fumes of a fart can penetrate through underwear and pants, including denim jeans. The meme is ambiguous but appears to be arguing at a minimum that 1.) since the odor of a fart can pass through denim, a deadly virus can penetrate through a cloth mask and/or 2.) that COVID-19 may be transmissible via a fart.

Sources : Social Media, The Daily Star
    I need to get that patent on N95 underwear filed soon...

A Vaccine Or This Marriage: Conspiracy Theories Are Tearing Couples Apart

......Shane is among the millions of Americans who have fallen prey to the coronavirus “infodemic” — the maelstrom of false and misleading information about COVID-19 that has gone viral during the pandemic, drastically hindering the nation’s recovery. Hyper-politicized anti-vaccine propaganda has reached countless U.S. households — largely by way of Fox News, far-right media outlets, GOP lawmakers and right-wing influencers — as terrifying conspiracy theories about the vaccines’ supposed lethality and nefarious development spread like wildfire across social media.

The COVID-19 vaccines have become a symbol of America’s culture wars, and the consequences are deadly. More than 99% of coronavirus-related deaths in the U.S. occur among unvaccinated people, yet even though the shots have been widely available in all 50 states for months, nearly half the population hasn’t received a single dose.

Research shows that social relationships may play a key role in keeping some people from getting vaccinated. In May, the American Enterprise Institute’s Survey Center on American Life found only 28% of Republicans reported receiving any encouragement from family and friends to get the vaccine, and more — 1 in 3 — reported actually being discouraged by friends and family, or receiving mixed messages. Only 45% of Republicans have received at least one vaccine dose, compared to 86% of Democrats.

What I found was:

CA - 63k (164 per 100)
    NY - 53k (279 per 100)
    TX - 51k (179 per 100)
    FL - 38k (180 per 100)

Total COVID-19 Deaths
    I'll say that those are also the most populace states, so it's not a surprise that they're relatively high on the total death list. Maybe a county level assessment inclusive of percent vaccinated for correlation to deaths per 100K would be useful? FL continues to do ok in spite of their governor being a dumb shit. I have to think that part of the reason is that people who are old and most susceptible have been vaccinated. In a weird way it proves RJ and his ilk to be incorrect.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I'll say that those are also the most populace states, so it's not a surprise that they're relatively high on the total death list. Maybe a county level assessment inclusive of percent vaccinated for correlation to deaths per 100K would be useful? FL continues to do ok in spite of their governor being a dumb shit. I have to think that part of the reason is that people who are old and most susceptible have been vaccinated. In a weird way it proves RJ and his ilk to be incorrect.
    Click that link for stats sorted differently.

My theory on FLA is that the elderly have been hunkering down because 1) they are elderly and don't go out as much as younger people and 2) they know they are are risk.

My theory on FLA is that the elderly have been hunkering down because 1) they are elderly and don't go out as much as younger people and 2) they know they are are risk.
    And if that's true a lot of those infected in Florida also aren't from Florida.

Agreed. I think FLA is a case of what you describe...personal responsibility seems to be part of the reason why FLA hasn't faired worse. Imagine if the same leadership had been in charge of NY's response. Basically a do nothing approach?

Denver's mayor gon' send the resident dumbfucks into an apoplectic rage:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...9-9cc0a64d99e4

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Don't know what you are looking at.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/
    CDC Last seven days.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Given the prior doublespeak it's not completely misplaced.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...e-c84dd6f7acf1

Woah... I mean, it's for the general good, but that's a bold stroke.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

this is real time pure data

https://ncov2019.live/

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    RJ went from 100% of the people over 50 to a blanket claim, "Doesn't matter if you vaccinate 100%" a ridiculous conclusion to draw given the evidence.

Vermont is another example: with the the highest vaccination rate (67%) in America it has the lowest rate of hospitalizations in the US Delta wave. Only 3 Covid patients in the whole state of Vermont with just 1 in ICU, over the past 2 weeks.
    Your post read to me like you were talking about my claim that nearly 100% of people in Iceland over 50 were vaccinated, not my claim that COVID will still be here with 100% vaccination rate because you can't possibly think COVID will be eradicated if everyone is vaccinated right?

71% of Iceland is vaccinated and cases are currently at their highest level ever, but if we hit the magic 100% it all goes away?

What I found was:

CA - 63k (164 per 100)
    NY - 53k (279 per 100)
    TX - 51k (179 per 100)
    FL - 38k (180 per 100)

Total COVID-19 Deaths
    Need to adjust for population.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Tongue in cheek, I know but what a joke that narrative is. The reality is US adult "healthy" is like < 10% and the rest of the 90% are overweight or will have some underlying risk or condition that makes them not quite as safe or comfortable as their well cushioned bottoms.
    And I'm supposed to take a vaccine for these people's health when they can't be bothered to take care of themselves.

Florida was in the same spot before vaccines.

Yes of course it goes away when we hit 100% vaccination. What disease hasn’t went away when we have an effective vaccine that is taken by the vast majority of the population? Measles went away (until dumb fuck antivaxxers became more prevalent), even though the measles vaccine is less effective than the MRNA vaccines and way more contagious than even Delta.

Agreed. I think FLA is a case of what you describe...personal responsibility seems to be part of the reason why FLA hasn't faired worse. Imagine if the same leadership had been in charge of NY's response. Basically a do nothing approach?
    This is hilarious. The same dumbasses in Florida that elitist liberals like to make fun of, are full of personal responsibility when it comes to COVID?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    CDC Last seven days.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Yes of course it goes away when we hit 100% vaccination. What disease hasn’t went away when we have an effective vaccine that is taken by the vast majority of the population? Measles went away (until dumb fuck antivaxxers became more prevalent), even though the measles vaccine is less effective than the MRNA vaccines and way more contagious than even Delta.

Key word: effective

These mRNA vaccines aren't very effective at preventing spread.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

I suspect for his next act he'll say all coronaviruses, not just COVID-19.

And yeah, there are a lot of old people in FLA who probably are not complete idiots and figured out a completely safe vaccine is the path to normalcy.

Also, I guess RJ is giving up on herd immunity since he thinks COVID-19 will rage FOREVER!!!!