Page 523 of 929 FirstFirst ... 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,075 of 23206
    historicaly the people who all got a jab for whatever reasons have been in grade 6 and just now covid is approved for use by kids
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    0.0/10, would not bang

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The VAERS data indicates the shots are safe. There's no question of that. Then it becomes just a matter of whether or not you believe the data. If you're an anti-vaxxer you could say the numbers seem unnaturally low. As a pro-vaxxer I'd say there are likely reason for this (e.g. not all deaths occurring after vaccinations are being reported).
    I get what you're saying but arguably even your description is lending too much credence to the antivax narrative. Apart from 3 suspect deaths attributed to the J & J vaccine, there have been zero other abnormal or unexpected deaths following vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Blerg... you guys are making my head spin with all these calculations. Just to be clear...... are you pro or con on this jab=death thing? I try to be open minded because there have been times in history where people sounded the alarm and it turned out they were right but on this one I'm inclined to believe that the long view will show the vax was/is safe.
    MV and AD are correct, the vaccines are extremely safe and obviously much safer than the disease, which would be the first goal. VAERS data is now being used to see if they can be made even safer yet.

I expect that despite the EUA requirement to report any adverse event that a big majority of normal-looking deaths go unreported because whoever signs the death certificate didn't prescribe the vaccine and has no reason to ask the vax status of, say, a car accident victim. As a result the number of reported deaths is actually much lower than what the FDA would like to collect. Obviously that's different for people with a condition that doesn't kill them--you'd expect those people to mention being vaccinated when they go to a doctor/ER etc. Which is why no one is too worried about these people faking seizures for Instagram.

It's worth noting that the requirement to report everything (even events with no suspected connection to the vaccine) is only for EUA, the rate of reports may fall off precipitously with "full" approval. (Or the Q crowd will get better at trying to actively screw the system up, in which case there could be even more.)

Obviously this whole thing is totally disconnected from the actual purpose of VAERS, which is (at least mainly) to give a view of possible side effects in order to see what needs further research. Even rare side effects should get some attention, as happened with J&J.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I get what you're saying but arguably even your description is lending too much credence to the antivax narrative. Apart from 3 suspect deaths attributed to the J & J vaccine, there have been zero other abnormal or unexpected deaths following vaccination.
    Right, I'm just trying to guess where they'd go with this data. I'm positive they would say the numbers are too low and that suggests a coverup. That's how a conspiracy theorist would think.

A Texas restaurant owner threw out a family wearing masks who were trying to protect their immunocompromised son

https://www.insider.com/texas-restau...ect-son-2021-9

we're fuct as a species trying to avoid a simple virus

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    A Texas restaurant owner threw out a family wearing masks who were trying to protect their immunocompromised son

Also, what are you doing out at a restaurant with an immunocompromised child in Texas? Does not compute.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    what a looker eh?

Attachment 386015
    Is that your wife?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Is that your wife?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sister.... well yeah....both..

I got moderna 3 today. Sutter Health offered so I took it. I’m a little warm now and expect an unsettled night.

A species, or just a country? Cause I'm thinking it's the latter.

He says he doesn't allow them because they're political, so we can only assume he'd also kick out anyone wearing a MAGA hat, right?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    but.... but.... 4 of her family members have died from the vax! Sigh. I just can't go there. It will ruin my day.
    That's impressive. I'm having trouble imagining how. Accidental poke in the eye? Severe eye pain then caused them to run into traffic? I'd question reality too after that. Or at least have questions about my friend's grip on reality.

I have friends with similar vax realities, so I understand the suffering. For me, a walk helps. That and the hope that one way or another it'll work out ok. Most things do.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I got moderna 3 today. Sutter Health offered so I took it. I’m a little warm now and expect an unsettled night.
    I wouldn't mind throwing a moderna dose on top of the two pfizers I already have.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I wouldn't mind throwing a moderna dose on top of the two pfizers I already have.
    You guys starting to sound like a bunch of crackheads with these things...

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Two friends have done this. One’s a Pulmonary Critical Care Doc (COVID ICU), his wife is Medical ICU (COVID ICU) Nurse with me.

Our hospital’s ready to go with our boosters as soon as the feds sign off. Maybe this week but prolly next.

Meanwhile our hospital has closed 14 of our 110ish total ICU beds because we can’t staff them. Ballsy move by our ICU Nursing director and the execs finally take note. We’ve been hemorrhaging staff but finally they’re doing something. Bonus incentives have replaced mandatory OT, for now at least. A 10% base pay raise to help hiring and retention is coming this week. Better a year and a half late than never I guess.

Numbers are slightly down this week over last. Fingers crossed it becomes a trend. Not terribly optimistic though, and if it doesn’t turn around Utah will go to state wide crisis care like I-duh-ho.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Mandatory OT for nurses is wrong. It should be up to the nurse whether they can safely practice for up to 16 hours/day. In my hospital OT usually meant two back to back 8 hours shifts. I've seen some egregious mistakes by nurses working OT.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've seen some egregious mistakes by nurses working OT.
    Same from sleep-deprived docs and residents too, I'd imagine.

Going to be really interesting to see what happens mid November regarding the vax mandate for federal workers/contractors.

I’m expecting we’ll lose at a minimum 40% of our workforce if they (gubberment) stick to it. While I generally don’t care to see those folks see the door, it’s going to cause a great disturbance. Personally doubt it will be enforced at all for that exact reason.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Mandatory OT for nurses is wrong. It should be up to the nurse whether they can safely practice for up to 16 hours/day. In my hospital OT usually meant two back to back 8 hours shifts. I've seen some egregious mistakes by nurses working OT.
    Absolutely. We had six months of that shit, and it sucked. For us mandatory OT was an extra 12 hour shift/week. Too much when you're in COVID hell, staffing a cobbled together overflow ICU in a PAPR for 12+ hours. Couldn't even drink water or take a piss without doffing and leaving the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Same from sleep-deprived docs and residents too, I'd imagine.
    At least they have the Nurses looking out, we're the last line of defense for the patient. If something gets past us...
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Going to be really interesting to see what happens mid November regarding the vax mandate for federal workers/contractors.

I’m expecting we’ll lose at a minimum 40% of our workforce if they (gubberment) stick to it. While I generally don’t care to see those folks see the door, it’s going to cause a great disturbance. Personally doubt it will be enforced at all for that exact reason.
    Where are they going to take their skill set where they aren’t subject to the vaccine requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

It won't be just the government employers, pork projecters "encouraging" folks to get the jab. The cost of healthcare insurance premiums will be double for the unjabbed as well.. So, even if you find an employer (likely a small business) to take you unvaxxed, the cost of your family healthcare coverage will be astronomical unless you cave to the man..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If you were ever a Sutter Health patient or your doc is in network getting a booster is simple. They didn't ask about anything to schedule it. At the clinic they asked if I were immunocompromised and I said yes. That's it. I feel good but not going to risk pressing the side effects (like I had after Moderna 2) so just rest today.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Absolutely. We had six months of that shit, and it sucked. For us mandatory OT was an extra 12 hour shift/week. Too much when you're in COVID hell, staffing a cobbled together overflow ICU in a PAPR for 12+ hours. Couldn't even drink water or take a piss without doffing and leaving the unit.

At least they have the Nurses looking out, we're the last line of defense for the patient. If something gets past us...
    I don't get "mandatory OT." What are they going to do, fire you when they're already understaffed? Doubt it.

A family at school all got COVID right before school started, except for the dad. The mom had the Pfizer shot and he had the Moderna. The two kids were unvaccinated.
    I’ve been wondering if there’s data out there about which shot had more breakthrough cases. Been interested that he didn’t come down with CV even though the rest of them did.