Page 508 of 929 FirstFirst ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... LastLast
Results 12,676 to 12,700 of 23206
    Hey, we've been on the federal tit for awhile, why not hit our neighbors up too.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    We got a local MD antivaxer in the small town who will remain nameless but ever buddy knows who he is

Back in the day I some how end up at a dinner party in polite company with this guy, he may be anti vax but he don't mind giving botox injections for $$$ and so he starts pushin Botox injections " If you could do something that would make you feel better for a couple of hundred dollars why wouldn't you ?"

as a freak, a super freak this could not stand this would not stand, man

so I said " for 200$ I can buy an oz of good weed that will make me feel > botox "

the table went dead silent until the hostess asked if anyone would like coffee

some times I am such an asshole eh
    Why are you going to parties in polite company? That's where you run into people like that. I was just at a party in polite company. Thank goodness I don't have any more kids to to get married.

I say good riddance to the anti-vaxxers. I hope they all get a sharp jab to the arm. A month later I hope another jab hits em in the arm.

Also, some states and regions are past vaxing their way out of this. They need lockdown measures to stop the spread while they vaccinate. And mandates. Let em whine, get em poked. There's no political winning either way, so let's get on with the whining and public health winning. They'll never thank us, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I'm not quite enough of a stats nerd to do it myself, but I'd love to see someone do a proper deep dive on this platitude. How much separation is there between the community and the schools? Is it actually enough so that if, say, 80% of the inter-household community spread were happening in schools that would actually show up as a meaningful difference between case rates in schools versus the community at large? What if being less symptomatic means the surveillance rate for students is lower than rest of the community? Without contract tracing how would anyone know if the schools were the major spreader?

I'm optimistic about masks working better on kids than adults, and pre-delta/pre-burnout it's believable that that made a big difference. But the evidence that schools are not spreaders of disease seems a little light and is usually presented as "we don't have evidence that it's a problem" which can just mean we aren't willing to look for any.
    Ontario Science Table already did the work. They found positivity rates among students was about the same as their surrounding communities. So, in Toronto positivity was pretty high, but so was positivity among adults around the school. In places with low case counts, schools had very little to no positivity. Their conclusion is that schools, while obviously do contribute in some way to the spread of the virus, aren't a major driving factor. Likely due to cohorts, masking, and other preventative measures. These measures are all still in place, and now we have vaccinated parents.

So, I'm optimistic but what else am I gonna do just sit on the couch and cry every day? Sick of worrying - gotta be positive I guess.

Hey everyone. How y'all doing?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 2paulster2626 View Post
    Ontario Science Table already did the work. They found positivity rates among students was about the same as their surrounding communities. So, in Toronto positivity was pretty high, but so was positivity among adults around the school. In places with low case counts, schools had very little to no positivity. Their conclusion is that schools, while obviously do contribute in some way to the spread of the virus, aren't a major driving factor. Likely due to cohorts, masking, and other preventative measures. These measures are all still in place, and now we have vaccinated parents.

So, I'm optimistic but what else am I gonna do just sit on the couch and cry every day? Sick of worrying - gotta be positive I guess.
    I wasn't trying to be alarmist at all, and there's definitely reason to be positive about the possibilities.

I understand they collected the data, and that's been done in a lot of places with similar conclusions. We hear it here a lot, too: we know schools aren't driving spread because they don't have higher positively or case counts. But I haven't heard whether that's "no significant difference" (which is itself inconclusive, even though it's often cited as if it meant "conclusively identical") or actually done with enough statistical power to detect a small difference. And I'm curious just how big of a difference could reasonably be expected in any case, since students and their parents are part of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post

You mean the little germ harboring humans harbor germs?

I signed up for a booster. Wide open schedule. Could have driven over this morning to get it.

hadn't seen this and got a chuckle...

Name:  oknhtjjt51o71.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  120.6 KB

^ Wow. The real epidemic seems to be an epidemic of stupidity.

A big reason for the ongoing vaccine refusal is that it is a Republican strategy to undermine Biden's administration, at the cost of many thousands of human lives. Think of unvaxed people who die of Covid as jihadis, guaranteed a spot in heaven. (Not a heaven I would care to wind up in.)
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/lette...den-presidency
    " . . . the continuing loss of life is a result of G.O.P. political strategies that intentionally undermine the success of Biden’s policies."

There are plenty of other reasons for refusal as we have discussed ad nauseum and plenty of refusers are not Republicans, but refusal as a political strategy certainly seems to be a major driving factor, especially in states whose (vaccinated) governors actively oppose vaccine and masking mandates. No amount of education is going to change this in the current political environment, which shows no sign of becoming less divisive. It's time to think seriously about travel bans and economic boycotts affecting states with resistance to vaccination at the statehouse. Refusing to accept covid patients in transfer would be a step too far but at least the sending state should be getting the bill.

So if Moderna now "owns me" do they support me or am I like a stapler?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    hadn't seen this and got a chuckle...

Name:  oknhtjjt51o71.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  120.6 KB
    This has some real “gold fringed flag” sovereign citizen vibes.

How do we know the Justices are human? Ever seen one bleed?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    How do we know the Justices are human? Ever seen one bleed?
    LOL.....true... They are among us.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	They-Live-Politician.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	385638

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There are plenty of other reasons for refusal as we have discussed ad nauseum and plenty of refusers are not Republicans, but refusal as a political strategy certainly seems to be a major driving factor, especially in states whose (vaccinated) governors actively oppose vaccine and masking mandates.
    This brings us back to the subject of truth and messaging. Just as much as the science is obvious, it shouldn't be controversial to recognize that it's possible to be pro-vax and anti-mandate. There is a long history of Americans thinking they can reach the right answers on their own and/or that forcing them is less effective than letting them figure it out. If the latter is true, then a governor who opposes mandates while actively campaigning for people to do the right thing is objectively taking the best course. And in that case, education and body counts are the only things that will influence the situation.

I think it's possible that exasperation with the willfully ignorant is blinding a lot of people to what course of action actually has the best impact.

FTR, I live in one of these states and I think we're lucky to have a governor who leads by example and who some people might listen to, since the other options (for these people) seem to be either a DeSantis or more open rebellion, kidnapping plots and the like.

As long as Moderna is now paying my taxes I'm okay with it.

You're a sheepler, obviously. A sleeping one nonetheless.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I think it's possible that exasperation with the willfully ignorant is blinding a lot of people to what course of action actually has the best impact.
    Are you suggesting the best course of action excludes a mandate? That makes a lot of assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Are you suggesting the best course of action excludes a mandate? That makes a lot of assumptions.
    Nope. I'm saying that labeling people that disagree with mandates as necessarily un-American or anti-vax is intellectually dishonest and drives down credibility, which interferes with education etc. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    FUCK YEAH....thats what im saying....

Nope. I'm saying that labeling people that disagree with mandates as necessarily un-American or anti-vax is intellectually dishonest and drives down credibility, which interferes with education etc. It's counterproductive.
    Yawn. Same tedious bullshit. If we have just a little more empathy, try just a little harder they’ll come around

man, for intellectual honesty, you could accept that mistakes by provax people aren’t driving refuseniks. Refuseniks are just miserable cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Yawn. Same tedious bullshit. If we have just a little more empathy, try just a little harder they’ll come around

man, for intellectual honesty, you could accept that mistakes by provax people aren’t driving refuseniks. Refuseniks are just miserable cunts.
    Or if honesty is too tedious, you (and the NYT) could just shut up about it. They're not paying you extra.

Or if honesty is too tedious, you (and the NYT) could just shut up about it. They're not paying you extra.
    Ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    They don’t pay their own taxes, what make you think they will pay yours?