Page 296 of 620 FirstFirst ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 15490
  1. #7376
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    7,737
    Bet no one in Aspen cares that 4.2M people have died (to date) from this pandemic unless there's a way to profit.

  2. #7377
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    OK, troll. Keep it up--you're firmly in the red hatted moron bucket at this point.
    I don't get how because an individual might question the vax, and/or the viruses origin automatically makes them a Trump supporter? Seems fucking shallow...

    I know plenty of decidedly Dems that for sure think it originated in china and a handful that haven't gotten the vax.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  3. #7378
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,480
    This could be how.

    The most likely group to refuse the Covid-19 vaccine are Republicans who consume far-right television news (46%, up from 31% in March), while 8% of those viewers are hesitant about the shot (down from 37% in March) and 45% accept it (up from 32% in March).
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=1a8519b2735f

  4. #7379
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Exactly - no doubt there are factions of people who are left of center who are vaccine skeptics. But it is not the default position of their pol party, become part of the identity and being trumpeted by their media - all of which are true of the right/conservative. It is clear as day.

  5. #7380
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,083
    “I think the central issue is that vaccinated people are probably involved to a substantial extent in the transmission of delta,” Jeffrey Shaman, a Columbia University epidemiologist, wrote in an email after reviewing the CDC slides. “In some sense, vaccination is now about personal protection — protecting oneself against severe disease. Herd immunity is not relevant as we are seeing plenty of evidence of repeat and breakthrough infections.”


    I guess the demonization of the unvaxxed can stop now? JK, of course it won't.

  6. #7381
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Bet no one in Aspen cares that 4.2M people have died (to date) from this pandemic unless there's a way to profit.
    How much would you like to wager?

  7. #7382
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,346
    Democrat, Republican, or independent—if a person thinks the virus originated in a lab then I hope they draw the obvious conclusion the best defense against an inadvertent or intentional biological attack is an American made vaccine.

  8. #7383
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,093
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    You’re flailing now
    I think you’re looking in a mirror


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #7384
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,093
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Nothing has been proven yet, but you act like it has for political points. You’re a hack.

    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01529-3
    That article doesn’t say anything new. Probably natural transmission, possibly a lab leak. Do you know the difference between probable and possible?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #7385
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I don't get how because an individual might question the vax, and/or the viruses origin automatically makes them a Trump supporter? Seems fucking shallow...

    I know plenty of decidedly Dems that for sure think it originated in china and a handful that haven't gotten the vax.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    no ones questioning where the virus originated, it was China

    people against the vax aren't smart, people who support T**** aren't smart...

  11. #7386
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,533
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That article doesn’t say anything new. Probably natural transmission, possibly a lab leak. Do you know the difference between probable and possible?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yes. Thanks for proving my point.

  12. #7387
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,670
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Yes. Thanks for proving my point.
    your point being you are a hack?

    yes, the lab leak is possible. The people pushing it are almost entirely partisan morons with cottage cheese brains screaming into a mypillow. It’s the perfect political bullshit - it will never be proven (likely) but they can scream about it and act like it means something. Perfect for rube nation.

  13. #7388
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,635
    Who stands the most to gain from anything, such as anti-vax, anti-mask, conspiracies, etc, that weakens and divides our country? Our enemies, that's who. RJ, prove that you are not a Russian (or any other foreign actor) Troll.

  14. #7389
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,349
    If I may interrupt this shit slinging contest--some more actual data from the CDC via WaPo--

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ak-vaccinated/

    about 35,000 symptomatic cases per week out of 162,000,000 vaccinees. If I did my math correctly that works out to about a 1% chance of a vaccinated person getting symptomatic Covid per year--of which a fraction are hospitalized and a smaller fraction will die. The number is of course highly dependent on the prevalence of infection in one's community, on the overall course of the pandemic over time, and on people's individual precautions and risk factors. Given the numbers wearing a mask indoors seems like a reasonable step to take to protect oneself and others, pending more data on the risk of vaccinating people transmitting, but judging by the Provincetown cluster that risk seems significant. At this point wearing a mask indoors is all we are being asked to do, which should have no effect on the economy.

    If the CDC changes its recommendation every week based on new data I have no problem with that. It may be a problem for people with weak minds.

  15. #7390
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Who stands the most to gain from anything, such as anti-vax, anti-mask, conspiracies, etc, that weakens and divides our country? Our enemies, that's who. RJ, prove that you are not a Russian (or any other foreign actor) Troll.
    Here becomes a problem. When the positions, policies and principles of the American right are indistinguishable from those our enemies (say Russia) - does the distinction matter anymore?

  16. #7391
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    11,454
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Who stands the most to gain from anything, such as anti-vax, anti-mask, conspiracies, etc, that weakens and divides our country? Our enemies, that's who. RJ, prove that you are not a Russian (or any other foreign actor) Troll.
    Exactly.

    Patriotic Americans get vaccinated and wear masks.

    Russian Intelligence assets argue about how vaccines and masks take away their freedom.

    It really is that simple.



    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  17. #7392
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    14,616
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    your point being you are a hack?

    yes, the lab leak is possible. The people pushing it are almost entirely partisan morons with cottage cheese brains screaming into a mypillow. It’s the perfect political bullshit - it will never be proven (likely) but they can scream about it and act like it means something. Perfect for rube nation.
    These days there does seem to be quite a few credible people who find the lab leak hypothesis credible and probable. Unfortunately, the PRC has probably long since destroyed any evidence and disappeared any people that could have proven it. The problem, as I see it, is that a certain subset of people have latched onto it hard because for some reason they believe it absolves them of any responsibility to do anything about the problem as it exists here today. Which, of course, is asinine.

  18. #7393
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    15,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Eviction moratorium ends saturday. Won't be good for mental health looking forward to the next year. This is again why the effects of rushed government policy can't be clearly seen until 5-10 years after the fact.
    So you weren't happy with the Trump admin's response to the pandemic? Chalk me up as agreeing with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I don't get how because an individual might question the vax, and/or the viruses origin automatically makes them a Trump supporter? Seems fucking shallow...

    I know plenty of decidedly Dems that for sure think it originated in china and a handful that haven't gotten the vax.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    There are certainly the hippie types who are just antivaxxers in general, but the prevalence of the spread of the virus to the unvaccinated as shown via data mapping demonstrates that death rates, ICU visits, etc. due to COVID-19 illness are more pronounced in the Trump/red areas of the country. Do you disagree? Also, not many are saying the virus originated outside of China. I don't know where you're getting that assertion...unless you are making a point about where the first coronavirus originated, which I think was maybe in Scandinavia long long ago. Regardless, if that's what you're saying then what is your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    your point being you are a hack?

    yes, the lab leak is possible. The people pushing it are almost entirely partisan morons with cottage cheese brains screaming into a mypillow. It’s the perfect political bullshit - it will never be proven (likely) but they can scream about it and act like it means something. Perfect for rube nation.
    Exactly. Sure, it's possible, does that mean it's more probable than the natural origins theory?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

  19. #7394
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    These days there does seem to be quite a few credible people who find the lab leak hypothesis credible and probable.
    I haven’t seen many, any, that consider it probable. Possible, yes.

    China has destroyed most of the evidence for any source investigation. The wild animals at the market were destroyed, etc. etc. it’s a hot political issue so the likelihood of any serious proof for any source is near zero.

    It took over a decade to trace a source for SARS.

  20. #7395
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Exactly.

    Patriotic Americans get vaccinated and wear masks.

    Russian Intelligence assets argue about how vaccines and masks take away their freedom.

    It really is that simple.



    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Assets and useful idiots.

  21. #7396
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,117
    It was roughly the first week of May when the origin discussion was good. Rereading it would be more useful than all this reciting what isn't known or hasn't been seen stuff.

    The weird unspoken undercurrent to a lab origin theory is that basically every argument of the covidiots is a variant of the nature fallacy: "just the new flu," "natural infection > vaccines," "nothing we can do about it" etc. What happens to all those arguments if the original virus was man-made? Which is why this goes unspoken.

  22. #7397
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,117
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Assets and useful idiots.
    The easiest way to control freedom-loving Americans is to get them scared of being controlled. We're learning who's willing to be vigilant and who just wants to talk.

  23. #7398
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Exactly.

    Patriotic Americans get vaccinated and wear masks.

    Russian Intelligence assets argue about how vaccines and masks take away their freedom.

    It really is that simple.
    Post of the thread. Exactly right.

    It’s also not just Fox News that’s making people anti vaccine , those who get their news from Facebook News are even worse.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ew-data-shows/

    If you rely on Facebook to get news and information about the coronavirus, you are substantially less likely than the average American to say you have been vaccinated. In fact, Facebook news consumers are less likely to be vaccinated than people who get their coronavirus information from Fox News.

  24. #7399
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,336
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    That guy (or his twin brother) lives in my town. See him all the time. Freaky.
    That guy lives in every WA small town.

  25. #7400
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ootarded
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    ...At this point wearing a mask indoors is all we are being asked to do, which should have no effect on the economy.
    But whut about muh freedumbz!??!?? I would rather my dear old mum die than have to subject myself to such jack-booted Australian measures.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •