Page 635 of 929 FirstFirst ... 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... LastLast
Results 15,851 to 15,875 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Yep. I'll award myself that medal now. Thanks.

Attachment 391150
    You get a medal for running away from any hard questions on TGR? Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    It just needs to burn itself out.
    But what makes you think "everyone getting it" is going to cause it to "burn itself out?"

I live in Maine one of highest vax rate in country. We finally got the surge. The neighboring parts of states are surging. Northern N.H., northern VT. The first paragraph you said breakthrough cases should lead to broader immunity. I completely agree with that but also think that everyone is going to get it if they haven’t already. Hence while northern New England is surging right now and it already burned through Florida.
    Throughout the whole pandemic if one person in your house got it, everyone in your house got it. That hasn’t changed with vaccination. It just needs to burn itself out.
    The virologists and epidemiologists can't explain why some of these surges occur when and where they do. What inside knowledge do you have? There is no evidence that any of the surges have abated because everybody got it and is immune. And if that is your strategy that's a whole lot of death and long term misery.
    Measles is a much worse disease than most people here understand. The reason we don't have a measles epidemic is because vaccination is required for school. Until there was a vaccine measles never burned itself out.
    A virus is not a forest fire.

Isn’t that basic science. Everybody gets it, runs out hosts. What we’re doing clearly isn’t working.
    If Jono is right, maybe get the booster wait two weeks And throw a covid party.

The measles, chicken pox, and polio vaccine are extremely effective at preventing the disease.

Isn’t that basic science. Everybody gets it, runs out hosts.
    No, because getting it once doesn't mean you can't get it again due to waning immunity. Everyone can't get it at once, so it's wrong to think the virus will ever run out of hosts. That's why we end up in this roller coaster cycle.

What we’re doing clearly isn’t working.
    Based on what? Seems like what we're doing is working ok, and would work a shit ton better if everyone would get vaccinated.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Throughout the whole pandemic if one person in your house got it, everyone in your house got it. That hasn’t changed with vaccination. It just needs to burn itself out.
    Nope.

One of my friends got COVID (Alpha) and no one else in his household got it. This was before vaccines and early enough on that he thought he just had a bad cold, so they didn't isolate. He figured out he had it by donating blood and they said he had antibodies. The rest of his family got tested for antibodies and did not have them present.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

The measles, chicken pox, and polio vaccine are extremely effective at preventing the disease.
    And they didn't burn themselves out prior to those vaccines.

JFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I live in Maine one of highest vax rate in country. We finally got the surge. The neighboring parts of states are surging. Northern N.H., northern VT. The first paragraph you said breakthrough cases should lead to broader immunity. I completely agree with that but also think that everyone is going to get it if they haven’t already. Hence while northern New England is surging right now and it already burned through Florida.
    Fucking Northern VT Trumptards. Despite all that, VT is still highly ranked for % vaxxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    WTF is it with Dirt Workers? Was on the phone with a PM on a pond project that has stalled cause of wet/sloppy conditions. He warned me to give the entire dirt crew a wide berth. None will get vaccinated (they think it shrinks your balls) and the Delta is raging through them. Lead had to go in for Monoclonal infusions, suppose to be quarantined but nah he keeps coming into the office.

According to him, guy with 102 temp. this is all fake.
    It’s the entire construction skilled labor force…. Trailing behind the general public in vax rates by double digits. We’ve been telling clients we guesstimate the labor force is 40% vaccinated so expect a huge drop in manpower and production when mandates hit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Freedumb, trumpsters. Waiting for SumJongGuy to wish death on my family.

how do you figure they are going to mandate vaccination in tradesmen ?

I can only think of one construction Company in the region I am from that may have anywhere near 100 ( a hundred) employees - many have fewer than 25 employees. ( edit. and what I know of the company, I would not be surprised If the tradesmen are independent contractors. )

I am aware it may be different for the Large construction Companies, especially in urban metropolitan areas, But
    I am still betting there are dozens of companies with fewer than 100 employees, for every construction Company with More than 100.

so far, I see millions of people that will not be required by the Mandate as it was presented
    ( have the OSHA Rules been published yet ? ) ...

Thank you. skiJ

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/01/b...e-mandate.html ( still Coming Soon. November 1, 2021 )
    Last edited by skiJ; 11-01-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    how do you figure they are going to mandate vaccination in tradesmen ?

I can only think of one construction Company in the region I am from that may have anywhere near 100 ( a hundred) employees - many have fewer than 25 employees.

I am aware it may be different for the Large construction Companies, especially in urban metropolitan areas, But
    I am still betting there are dozens of companies with fewer than 100 employees, for every construction Company with More than 100.

so far, I see millions of people that will not be required by the Mandate as it was presented
    ( have the OSHA Rules been published yet ? ) ...

Thank you. skiJ

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/01/b...e-mandate.html ( still Coming Soon. November 1, 2021 )
    I work for a construction company that builds $100mil - $2bil public and commercial projects. We certainly apply. The vast majority of our subcontractors apply.

Many of our clients are State Govs, school districts, universities, Hospital groups, GSA, Military, airport authorities, etc… A lot of them have their own vaccine mandate that trickles down to our projects.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

... urban metropolitan areas was acknowledged.

I can't think of a 100Million dollar project within 150 miles of me
    ( probably the new hospital in Marquette ) --

many of the more costly projects are done by Large construction Companies, but
    in the non-urban areas of the country there are many tradespeople working for (much) smaller businesses. heck, even urban areas have tradespeople in business that employ a lot less than 100 people.

my point was just, as it was presented, I see lots of people that may not be mandated by employment - though the Public contracts and mandates from ,,, other than the Federal government will pick-up some people ( see Washington state ).

Thank you for your insight. skiJ

So are Covid vaccines. Covid is a disease that you get when you are infected with this novel coronavirus. You should read up on how vaccines work. It’s been explained in this thread probably hundreds of times by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Based on what? Seems like what we're doing is working ok, and would work a shit ton better if everyone would get vaccinated.
    You mean like chicken pox, measles, polio and smallpox?

IDK where to put this, but this a classic example of the willful ignorance displayed by a disturbingly large portion of the population, to include people posting here….Also, reason #3181 why we are doomed…..
    https://twitter.com/thegoodliars/sta...795998212?s=21

Another one down…(mUh FrEEdoMs)

https://www.ksl.com/article/50271246...to-the-fullest
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

And of course she's begging for funeral money

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I work for a construction company that builds $100mil - $2bil public and commercial projects. We certainly apply. The vast majority of our subcontractors apply.

Many of our clients are State Govs, school districts, universities, Hospital groups, GSA, Military, airport authorities, etc… A lot of them have their own vaccine mandate that trickles down to our projects.
    I work on the design side of engineering large infrastructure projects and the vaccine mandates apply to us desk jockeys as well. I don't know of anyone that's quit over the requirements...yet.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That's not what I get from that at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Do u what happens when u get a polio, chicken pox, mumps and measles vaccine? You don’t get polio, chicken pox, mumps and measles. Do u know what happens when you get a covid vaccine? You get covid if you run into an infected person. It’s called a breakthrough infection, quite common nowadays. Maybe you should look it up.🌈

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I work on the design side of engineering large infrastructure projects and the vaccine mandates apply to us desk jockeys as well. I don't know of anyone that's quit over the requirements...yet.
    Doing a government job for the DOE/military and we’ve heard in the last week or two that it will be rolling down to all contractors and subs. Still all hearsay at this point but the date I’ve heard thrown around, for here at least, is Dec 5th.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. I’m expecting we’ll lose a lot of people, it is Idaho after all… but a lot of the craft guys who are local are not going to be able to find another job to go to considering most infrastructure jobs are federally funded.

Also surprising is the amount of office staff that are not vax’d yet. Like almost shocking. I have a feeling many are going to cave.

Then again, I heard LANL lost around 130 people when they brought the hammer down.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    "At 10:00, hear from his wife about the legacy he leaves behind and the lesson we can all learn from his positivity."

Perhaps there is another lesson that can be learned...