Page 130 of 815 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 20373
    Well that is interesting. All these websites are such a mess, I ended up getting linked back on the State of CA site myturn.ca.gov. Clicked through to see if there is any appt availability there, and found a bunch of appts open for next Thursday. Based on SD County's criteria I qualify, but I don't qualify according to criteria on the state's site. It very clearly says you need to bring proof of eligibility, but being CA you don't need to in order to prove underlying medical conditions, ha. I printed the BMI calc and the County's criteria anyways. The site requires booking for the second appt same time, so this should be Pfizer or Moderna.

PM'd Liv2ski

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Well okay.... that helps because if jabbing people had to be on a 6 month rotation that would be a nightmare.
    Med dork here, the journal articles are reporting observational data since the vax administration started. So the data only goes back to 6 months or so. There are smaller studies with some of the original trial cohorts that are showing robust antibody responses at over 9 months. Additionally there are studies now showing post infection immunity is persisting over 9 months at this point.
    Just like the "you don't need a vax for 90 days post infection " was a conservative number, it's now looking like immunity from the vax will be persistent, and this probably won't be a flu shot type thing that needs to be repeated regularly. Also good news on the variant front as the latest study shows good protection against the South African variant .

Tl;dr:. The vaccines so far are exceeding expectations and will likely last for a while.

Thanks Evdog. That site hates me. I always see a date, but no times????
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

At the clinic (fair grounds) waiting for our first appts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1617465028181.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	370315
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Got my first Pfizer yesterday, easiest thing I have ever done for my health. Didn’t have to do more paperwork then writing down my SS number

At the clinic (fair grounds) waiting for our first appts.
    I'll be curious to hear if all of the appointments were taken, and if they all show up.

The new trend in the counties just south of here is people no-showing.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Did you just call me a fat fuck? Lol. BMI calculator says 26.6, which qualifies as overweight per SD county criteria. I knew the 4 beers a day would pay off!
    wow, it doesnt take many extra lbs to get a bmi of 26.6 thats gotta make > half the country eligible
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

J+J shot in. One and done and very excited.

Anyone else's car chime change to the windows startup music?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Woot! I've been jabbed!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Yes!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I'll be curious to hear if all of the appointments were taken, and if they all show up.

The new trend in the counties just south of here is people no-showing.
    Busy! They said 1200 people signed up for today's 1st jab clinic. I just got mine because there was a slight lull. I'm working registration/checkin traffic flow.

Fantastic! That's great to hear.

Woot! I've been jabbed!
    Awesome!

Congrats KQ! Now don't go catching it from those filthy appointment-keepers

My girl came in this morning asking if I had an appointment yet and got the look. An hour later she walks in and states she got me booked for Monday at 10am. WTF? I have been trying for days with no success.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Thanks Evdog. That site hates me. I always see a date, but no times????
    Keep checking different times a day. I guess I lucked out and they must have just added a block of appts. I think both times I saw appts available was at night.

Woot! I've been jabbed!
    Well done KQ! Congrats - hope the only side effect is a sense of relief.

My girl came in this morning asking if I had an appointment yet and got the look. An hour later she walks in and states she got me booked for Monday at 10am. WTF? I have been trying for days with no success.
    Ok, boomer

Just got my second Pfizer moved up to 21 days out, which is Monday!
    And it’s way closer to home. NH is doing it right. My original second shot was 29 days out and further away.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I'm officially two days out past Pfizer round 1. No issues other than a sore arm. I skied day of, yesterday and today without any problems.

Just finished my volunteer stint. Not that I have anything to compare it to but W2 sure seems to have a slick setup. Ran like a well oiled machine. More than likely I will sign up again.

People come in one end, check in and out the other vaxxed with their 2nd appt already set.

There were a ton of volunteers every step of the way. The funniest were the people in the after jab waiting area holding signs that said "free intelligent conversation."

So awesome to see so many people excited to get vaxxed and what a cross section of humanity. Gives you hope that we will beat this thing.

So far so good on my jab.

Woot! I've been jabbed!
    Yay!

By "my girl" I assume you mean your 6 year old daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Got my first Pfizer yesterday, easiest thing I have ever done for my health. Didn’t have to do more paperwork then writing down my SS number
    Funny thing about the SS#s - I didn't have to give mine. Maybe because I have private insurance? Didn't ask for that info either beyond me acknowledging that I had it.

Just finished my volunteer stint. Not that I have anything to compare it to but W2 sure seems to have a slick setup. Ran like a well oiled machine. More than likely I will sign up again.

People come in one end, check in and out the other vaxxed with their 2nd appt already set.

There were a ton of volunteers every step of the way. The funniest were the people in the after jab waiting area holding signs that said "free intelligent conversation."

So awesome to see so many people excited to get vaxxed and what a cross section of humanity. Gives you hope that we will beat this thing.

So far so good on my jab.
    They’re doing it well around here. I got mine at a local minor league hockey arena. They have their massive parking lot made out into 7-8 lanes. Drive in, give them your name, they direct you into a lane. Each lane has a shipping container, tents over it all where you pull in. I never even got out of my truck, opened the door and rolled up my sleeve.

After they stick you they schedule your next shot right there. You pull out into another lane with 10-15 cars in each lane. Sit there in your vehicle for 15 minutes and they let the lane drive away.

Most of the staff directing people into lanes were national guard. Counting the 15 minute after wait I was in and out in under 20 minutes.

The place had a steady stream of cars filtering in. They are very efficient in keeping things moving.

Kudos to Utah.