Page 86 of 929 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    this. our state seems wayyy the fuck behind on this. Which is kind of odd to me considering how (relatively) progressive WA was getting in front of it in the first place. I'm encouraged by the stories here to seek out some volunteer opportunities. Even looking for local waitlists and whatnot, all are tagged as being only applicable for the current group, so I'm a long ways out.
    My brother (35) got his Pfizer through a volunteer-to-work-the-clinic deal at a Seattle U
    Clinic a month ago. Kinda a fluke/luck situation for him, but we’ve had a few other millennial friends get theirs through similar means. I know those are hard to find and require time flexibility though.

Seems like WA is moving a little slower and by the book then here in CO; at least in the rural areas here.

So, for those in Colorado, if you are 50-59 with 1 high risk condition, you get no extra consideration, am I reading it right? People 60+ are in the current phase as is anyone with 2 high risk conditions. And the next phase includes people 50+, and anyone with 1 high risk condition.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I took my 95 year old father in law to get the first Moderna shot today and it was right at the end of the day so I asked if there were any extra doses available. The nurse said yes and asked me if I qualify and I answered yes, heart attack 2 years ago and a few partially blocked arteries. She said I definitely qualify then asked where I live so I told her and she said "sorry we can't stick you here, you live in the wrong county". I asked what she was going to do with the extra doses and she said they have to dispose of them. What the ever living fuck...
    This is absolutely infuriating and we should all be outraged by this.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, for those in Colorado, if you are 50-59 with 1 high risk condition, you get no extra consideration, am I reading it right? People 60+ are in the current phase as is anyone with 2 high risk conditions. And the next phase includes people 50+, and anyone with 1 high risk condition.
    I think you're reading that right... I'm gonna be 50 near the end of this month and hoping they open up the next tier right around the time I'm celebrating not being dead (yet).

Yep, you're reading correctly. Same situation as for individuals 60-64 with 2 high risk conditions, as all 60-64yo and all ages w/ 2 health conditions are in the current phase.

Central Idaho appears to be wfo. Jerome Wal-mart will take all comers. St Lukes myChart in the WWV established a waiting list Monday and my wife got hers Tuesday in less than 24 hours and she's not in the open priority yet. Extras being given away Thursdays and Fridays at SCPHD in Bellevue at the end of the day to walk-ins.

I guess stopping out-of staters freed things up in Idaho.

I'm wondering about life after vaccination. I go for mine Friday afternoon. My wife gets hers Monday. The experts say to wait 2-3 weeks after J&J or 2d other shots to begin socializing. I don't know if I will ever not wear a mask indoors in public again. What do you think life in the USA will be like in Summer 2021.... Winter 2022?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I'm wondering about life after vaccination. I go for mine Friday afternoon. My wife gets hers Monday. The experts say to wait 2-3 weeks after J&J or 2d other shots to begin socializing. I don't know if I will ever not wear a mask indoors in public again. What do you think life in the USA will be like in Summer 2021.... Winter 2022?
    Similar thoughts.... though I don’t love the mask and will welcome the opportunity to lose it. It’s been nice to not get colds and flus.
    focus.

CDC issued guidance on March 8th.

"Federal health officials on Monday told millions of Americans now vaccinated against the coronavirus that they could again embrace a few long-denied freedoms, like gathering in small groups at home without masks or social distancing, offering a hopeful glimpse at the next phase of the pandemic."

For me this means still no eat-in restaurants or gyms, and masking anytime indoors like food shopping. I will indulge myself by using the ski locker room again - masked of course as required, but won't add any other indoor activities. We will be flying though, to see our daughter in late April. Still blocked seats through April on Delta.
    Last edited by Hopeless Sinner; 03-10-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'm definitely feeling some jealousy. Looking at the Washington vaccine phase schedule, Phase 1B Tier 4 isn't even supposed to start until late April. That's the latest phase they've given a date to. I won't be eligible until sometime after that. Not even sure what phase I'll fall into. About the only thing I've got going for me is I'm 50.
    I'm in the same boat and I think I'm older than you; definitely older than 50. I could potentially go into Idaho where there's a location 20 minutes away from where I work that has open spots BUT, technically, I don't qualify there, either. They're just about begging people to come in but my guilt conscience gets the best of me. As it stands in WA, I don't think I'll be qualified until summer unless the state changes priorities or greatly accelerates the stated timeline. Meanwhile, my Idaho friends who aren't qualified by age are going into that location and getting the vax and are properly filling out the form with their actual birthdate and not being questioned, just jabbed. Kind of depressing, trying to do the right thing but watching the queue get jumped without any rejections. Oh well, I've made it this long, a few more weeks/months will probably be fine...

I will wear a mask until everyone has had a chance to get vaccinated then I'm done. And I think I will be fine going to restaurants as soon as I am 2 weeks post vax. If that's not the end game, what is?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I'm in the same boat and I think I'm older than you; definitely older than 50. I could potentially go into Idaho where there's a location 20 minutes away from where I work that has open spots BUT, technically, I don't qualify there, either. They're just about begging people to come in but my guilt conscience gets the best of me. As it stands in WA, I don't think I'll be qualified until summer unless the state changes priorities or greatly accelerates the stated timeline. Meanwhile, my Idaho friends who aren't qualified by age are going into that location and getting the vax and are properly filling out the form with their actual birthdate and not being questioned, just jabbed. Kind of depressing, trying to do the right thing but watching the queue get jumped without any rejections. Oh well, I've made it this long, a few more weeks/months will probably be fine...
    An unused vaccine does no one any good.

Purely anecdotal, but wife and I and most of our close friends here are vaxxed; same with our family in the PNw. Not much has changed in those circles. No ones eating out more, yet, and not much socializing as other friends aren’t vaxxed.

Maybe we’ll loosen up socially in a month or so, but both our jobs will require masks for months more, stores, ski lift lines, etc. I don’t see that changing till June or later. With the unknown possibility of the variants causing issues for society and even those vaxxed, I don’t think it’s early enough to make the call on “no more masks” or to assume that things will be back to normal soon.

We are choosing to fly up to the PNW to see family next week and have them see our 18mo twins after 6mo apart. Then we fly with the boys to HI for some sun, then back home. First time on a plane in 12mo.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I will wear a mask until everyone has had a chance to get vaccinated then I'm done. And I think I will be fine going to restaurants as soon as I am 2 weeks post vax. If that's not the end game, what is?
    What about your kids?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Pfizer Shot #1 is in my bloodstream. No side effects.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

My son is graduating From college in May and he expects us to be in Miami for the commencement. I hate to say it but I dread going to see my son graduate
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    An unused vaccine does no one any good.
    I know and it's driving me a bit nuts that there's some resistance. Apparently the location just over the Idaho border was being pretty open to having less-than-eligible people coming in but got threatened by the State that if they continued to be lax in enforcement of the eligibility, they stood to lose future allocations. Consequently, they're stating that they're requiring ID and proof of Idaho residency. I can do the latter as I have a place in Idaho (tax statements, utility bills available) but I'm not yet old enough. Plus, I railed about my SIL jumping the line with a bullshit reasoning and am feeling guilty about potentially jumping the line myself. I would really like it if Idaho allowed the local HD to determine if they could open up some more but, so far, not having it.

What about your kids?
    What about them? Once everyone over 16 is vaxed (we will have 90% uptake here I bet) it won't spread.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I know and it's driving me a bit nuts that there's some resistance. Apparently the location just over the Idaho border was being pretty open to having less-than-eligible people coming in but got threatened by the State that if they continued to be lax in enforcement of the eligibility, they stood to lose future allocations. Consequently, they're stating that they're requiring ID and proof of Idaho residency. I can do the latter as I have a place in Idaho (tax statements, utility bills available) but I'm not yet old enough. Plus, I railed about my SIL jumping the line with a bullshit reasoning and am feeling guilty about potentially jumping the line myself. I would really like it if Idaho allowed the local HD to determine if they could open up some more but, so far, not having it.
    I get this. I did go over state lines to get my shot but it was totally above board. They can come here and we can go there and we were both totally legitimately qualified under the 1C guidelines that county had moved to. Also, they wanted to have us so they could use up the ten dose vial. They talked me out of canceling when I incorrectly thought I wasn't qualified. We literally saved 2 shots from the trash.

Also I interact with people from Illinois every single week for work and skiing. So there is that shared immunity benefit.

That is the problem with residency requirements. They are a double edged sword.

But jumping the line goes against Mericans and probably Canuckians one core shared value. So we can't.

I really hope this supply demand inbalance gets ironed out soon. Opening it up more and loosening restrictions is the best way to get shots in arms if some places have supply waiting on arms.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I think you're reading that right... I'm gonna be 50 near the end of this month and hoping they open up the next tier right around the time I'm celebrating not being dead (yet).
    I do believe you are reading that right Danno as I said before I got the J&J Saturday. I called the health people as I didn't know which group I was in and didn't want to fuck up and get rejected when I got there. They stuck me in the 60 plus group as I'm only a week away from being 60 even though I have the "required pre conditions " for someone 59+ and didn't want to jump ahead of anyone else. It might be worth a call and talk to them. Oh yea I'm in Eagle county.
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

I'll take a jab any way possible. You people holding back out of some bs guilt are morans.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

1B+ in Missoula County is now stated as starting on the 15th, but they didn't seem to be doing much screening? If there's open appointments just make one.
    I'm also told 80% effectiveness 1 week to 10 days out from your first shot. With the Pfizer, anyway.
    My shoulder got kinda sore. It's getting better now, but sore enough not to sleep on it 2 nights ago. And I may have had a fever. Or I was just chilled.
    Seeing as I have a chronic inflammatory condition and a reduced immune response from managing, I'm assuming any number of aches and pains and shit after my second dose.
    Also had that weird feeling on the way home after like when you get a flu shot. I was never sure if that was a real, biological reaction, or if it's psychosomatic.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'll take a jab any way possible. You people holding back out of some bs guilt are morans.
    Do you still think you had it earlier or are you less convinced than you were?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I’m with you. The important at risk populations are largely vaccinated- at least in CO. When I heard restaurant employees, postal employees and faith leaders were in the next group, that’s when I stopped caring about the priorities. It will all be opened up in 6 weeks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    1B+ in Missoula County is now stated as starting on the 15th, but they didn't seem to be doing much screening? If there's open appointments just make one.
    There is essentially no screening, it's all based on self-reporting. But if you lie you are a straight-up douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Death