Page 633 of 929 FirstFirst ... 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... LastLast
Results 15,801 to 15,825 of 23206
    I could not find anything about "18th venture poetry", but I did find this :

https://thesmolt.com/18th-century-poetry/

Short note on 18th Century poetry

"They had no sympathy for the humble aspect of life.-The the life of the villagers and the shepherds. They had no love for nature, the beautiful flowers, the songs of birds and landscape. Although they preached virtuous life, they did not display any feeling which smacked the enthusiasm and earnestness.

They had no zeal for the middle ages and their tales were compacted with chivalry, adventure, and visionary idealism. In the poetry of the Classical Age, the form became more important than the substance. The love of superficial polish led to the establishment of a highly artificial and conventional style. "

I will ask my editor about "18th venture poetry. "

as far as what I am doing, I believe my message is pretty consistent :

"... vaccination is important to limiting the spread of covid... " and

' ... this is a community-borne disease. '

though the 'Most important' part of my message this morning was to try to offer teletech encouragement as covid infects his Family.

( perhaps you can find 'a helpful 8 year old' . . , ). tj

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Venture poetry was poetic license on my part

Edit to add: saga would have been more on point because they were always too long too! Lol

To be fair buddies ^^ posts are at least more easy to understand than skifishbum and way more helpful in content than lots certianly any of our more prolific trolls
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-30-2021 at 11:36 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    And an editor. The lengthy replies make me feel like they are an 18th venture poetry. lol
    saved for Reference.

SkiJ appreciate you man. I signed my posts here when I first showed up because that is what I did at other forums. Someone pointed it out to me so I stopped.

Nothing wrong with it per say just kind of screws with the flow when scrolling posts. Kind of like bar up or bar down. At Chestnut it is usually bar up. Here nobody signs posts.

I think you'd get less of a ribbing about your formatting if you just stop signing your posts.

I also try to limit my endless run on sentences and epic paragraphs just to please these assholes.

Anyway carry on and please keep posting either way.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 10-30-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    With all love and respect to SkiJ, I would truly like to know what it is he is doing. He needs to find a helpful 8 year old to show him how to post on the internet.

And to be fair, he’s gotten lots better since people started giving him shit.

Too be fair...

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    To be fair buddies ^^ posts are at least more easy to understand than skifishbum and way more helpful in content than lots certianly any of our more prolific trolls
    I have the opposite reaction. SFB is way easier to read.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    So now that a good portion of this crowd has had their boosters, has there been discussion of when you all are planning on going for booster #2? Gonna be more of an annual thing like the flu shot or every 6 months (or 3?).
    Fauci doesn't know if and when another booster will be needed. Osterholm doesn't know. Lena Wen doesn't know. Dr. Phil doesn't know. Even Mofro doesn't know. But you know. How is that?

I think they are talking about 6 or 8 months up here for a booster but a lot could happen in that time, the only thing we can count on is people complaining about something Fauci said 18 months ago

which is no longer relevant
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I think that was what mf was saying, nobody knows what the best timeframe for boosters are which is kinda scary. That probably while the fda voted 16-2 against boosters for everyone.
    2 days feeling meh, 1 day feeling crappy and I seem to be over it. 5 year Old just tested positive on pcr (0 symptoms) 7 yr old with stuffy nose tested negative. Didn’t see that coming. I’m pretty sure vaccination helped me get through it relatively easy but it doesn’t seem to stop the spreading of it.

And can someone please embed too much time of my hands from Styx. Because that plays in head when I post stuck in my house 40 and raining again

Now that will be my visual reading all future SkiJ posts. Lol

Now we’re talking thanks skij.

Again on the antibody test is not a test for Covid protection.

This timestamp is in the middle of the 2-3 minute discussion. The Google will find the source FDA statement if you need it, and banging your head on the FDA website eventually ought to produce the source science and arguments.
    Last edited by LongShortLong; 10-30-2021 at 04:41 PM. Reason: fixing timestamp, should be near 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    I think that was what mf was saying, nobody knows what the best timeframe for boosters are which is kinda scary. That probably while the fda voted 16-2 against boosters for everyone.
    2 days feeling meh, 1 day feeling crappy and I seem to be over it. 5 year Old just tested positive on pcr (0 symptoms) 7 yr old with stuffy nose tested negative. Didn’t see that coming. I’m pretty sure vaccination helped me get through it relatively easy but it doesn’t seem to stop the spreading of it.
    Wow vibes and quick recovery to your whole family. COVID ran through our house from December 12th through New Years last year. Wife had it first.. I had it last but mine was just no smell. She went to the hospital. I first noticed symptoms Christmas Eve. I stopped wearing masks in the house on the 22nd when the contact tracers says wife shouldn't still be contagious. They were wrong. Definitely give it the full two weeks after the last positive test before dropping your guard. First person gets it and is contagious 10 days to 2 weeks. Everyone else is under watch for 10 days AFTER that per contact tracing protocols. But being vaxed adults I'd not worry about myself, just the other kids..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

tele. - I am glad you are feeling better. I hope the rest of your Family will have similarly mild effects...

it seems booster authorization is coming -

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...ndations-.html

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/view/f...rologous-doses

I have looked for information on the AY.4.2 new Delta variant, and while there is information on-line, I see no source I am comfortable citing ( not the New York Post ), and it is something I will be following this next month.

I am anxious for the potential for "breakthough" infections as immunity wanes around six months post development of immunity ;
    it appears the decline in immunity occurs before six months, but this is how it is being reported and it is not my intent to argue about When, but rather to promote boosting immunity by vaccination.
    with so many people vaccinated between April and June (2021), the potential for "breakthough" infections associated with Holiday season travel seems very real.

Thank you to those who have gotten the booster - Thank you ! !! tj

Bad news for southeastern NC. The Farm Feed Store in Fayetteville burned down Friday night.. All that Ivermectin up in smoke...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I think that vaccination or not doesn’t really matter as far as spreading the disease. There is a ton of articles involving breakthrough infections. Here’s the 1st 2 that popped up
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.times...w/87408469.cms

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...study-suggests

Hopefully the vaccine stop the serious consequences and the subsequent natural infection (When it happens) stops the spread. The virus is working through the communities now that have largely been spared thus far. Nasty shit

Well thankfully our resident experts have been able to tend to their fields of expertise and putting out dumpster fires on their favorite ski forum has been put on the back burner.

I had a tiny brewery owner ask me today if I was going to get the shot now that I actually got sick from it, had to laugh a little and in a comforting tone tell him im 5 months post vax and its coming for him too.

Im still at the stage where differentiating a stout from an ipa is a challenge.

I think that vaccination or not doesn’t really matter as far as spreading the disease. There is a ton of articles involving breakthrough infections. Here’s the 1st 2 that popped up
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.times...w/87408469.cms

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...study-suggests

Hopefully the vaccine stop the serious consequences and the subsequent natural infection (When it happens) stops the spread. The virus is working through the communities now that have largely been spared thus far. Nasty shit
    Both of those articles emphasize the importance of vaccination in stopping/slowing the spread of Covid. Neither article says that the vaccinated are just as likely to spread the virus as the unvaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Regarding vaccine effectiveness and breakthrough cases:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ugh-cases.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 6.43.51 PM.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	391074

The first line of the guardian article says
    People who are fully vaccinated against Covid yet catch the virus are just as infectious to others in their household as infected unvaccinated people, research suggests. In the small sample of my family 13 out 15 of us got the virus. Vaccinated or not didn’t seem to matter. It is that contiguous.
    It repeats that claim a few times throughout the article. Also says people vaccinated clear the virus quicker making them infectious for a shorter amount of time. That is where the vaccine does help to stop the spread. In the small sample size of the local hospital all the patients are unvaccinated that need to be hospitalized.
    When the over 65 people In my family got their positive test they were immediately offered monoclonal antibodies. So we are getting better at treating it. It seems like we all have a date with this shit

The first line of the guardian article says
    People who are fully vaccinated against Covid yet catch the virus are just as infectious to others in their household as infected unvaccinated people, research suggests. In the small sample of my family 13 out 15 of us got the virus. Vaccinated or not didn’t seem to matter. It is that contiguous.
    It repeats that claim a few times throughout the article. Also says people vaccinated clear the virus quicker making them infectious for a shorter amount of time. That is where the vaccine does help to stop the spread. In the small sample size of the local hospital all the patients are unvaccinated that need to be hospitalized.
    When the over 65 people In my family got their positive test they were immediately offered monoclonal antibodies. So we are getting better at treating it. It seems like we all have a date with this shit
    I've said this before and so have others and it's boring and repetitive, but here you go: if the definition of "caught it" is testing positive with a nasal swab then that means you've shown some minimum level of virus is present in your sinuses at the time of the test. That says nothing whatsoever about your odds of testing positive with versus without vaccination. Zero. It is possible to test positive with the vaccine just like it's possible to win the lottery if you play. But possibility is not probability.

The fact that some studies have shown similar viral loads for vaccinated and positive as unvaccinated and positive is a mathematical artifact. That outcome is guaranteed by the simple fact that the measured data is highly variable and both groups are subject to the same cutoffs (namely: positivity means each group was cut off below a minimum viral load and being too sick/dead to go get a test at the "random" public location where testing was measured provides an upper bound).

You could get the same result (a guaranteed "no statistically significant difference") by firing a shotgun at a small piece of paper, then lowering the barrel a little and repeating: you'd see less holes in the target, but the average height of the ones that did hit it would be similar enough that random variation would hide the difference.

Or consider rolling two six-sided dice, one numbered 0-5 and one 2-7. The average would obviously be higher by about 2 for the second one, but not by enough to overcome the high variation and produce a statistically significant difference if standard assumptions are used.

This is not to denigrate statistics, but you have to think about how they're being used and what that really means. None of the studies I've seen claiming similar viral loads among positive test subjects address the fact that the odds of testing positive are lower for the vaccinated. It's assumed that you already know that because the evidence for that fact is everywhere.