Page 279 of 929 FirstFirst ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    She trusts her instincts and her own research for now. When asked what would change her mind, she had one word: “Nothing.”
    Just for now, though. Maybe she's the answer to Fermi's paradox. Well, her and a few friends, obviously.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

In our small metrowest town, grocery store, etc mask wearing has been pretty much gone for a few weeks now.

We took the kids into Boston / Harbor Islands yesterday and I was honestly surprised how many masks I saw. I'd say maybe 50%, including outdoors on the moving ferry.

It was encouraging.

You guys do realize that most employees at SNFs and long term care facilities have almost no education?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

Here’s a much more relevant study and review of mask useage. The conclusion, masks work. Especially for source control.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You guys do realize that most employees at SNFs and long term care facilities have almost no education?
    Yes, it's been discussed. The C part of CNA is interesting, though. It really shouldn't be possible to get a license or a certificate saying that you can do a job without demonstrating some knowledge of how to do it safely. Obviously the tests for these things are going to be extremely cursory. But if we can require food handlers to know when to wash their hands we can require CNAs to know that vaccines work. It's fundamental to the job.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

Here’s a much more relevant study and review of mask useage. The conclusion, masks work. Especially for source control.

It’s a shame that TGR isn’t included in the info & metrics section.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Just for now, though. Maybe she's the answer to Fermi's paradox. Well, her and a few friends, obviously.
    Can we just recognize the importance of this woman's statement and others like her? They are all essentially saying that they don't believe in the FDA's process for guiding trials, reviewing data and approving or rejecting the rights for a company to market the product. I'd bet $100 that these people couldn't even tell you where the FDA is located, who leads the organization and how a clinical trial is conducted. Straight up hubris based on the belief that they're capable of making their own, informed decisions. Further, that the right to make ANY decision (informed or not) is theirs alone. While that's fine for cancer, diabetes, heart disease, blah, blah, blah, you're feelings, instincts, misguided analysis can get fucked during a pandemic. Pull their job. Prevent them from congregating in public. Isolate them socially.

Agreed.

The carrot didn't work, it might be time for the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Agreed.

The carrot didn't work, it might be time for the stick.
    We have the same Problem although not as pronounced. Here it's like 10% hardcore idiots and 15% hmmm I don't know/ lazy people. ( of the adult population)The 10 % can be sorted out by Darwin for all I care, but I'd like the 15% onboard because I don't want overflowing hospitals and closed schools again. Not that we had any hospital situation, but shutting down things costs money and I'm sick of paying for morons.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Yes, it's been discussed. The C part of CNA is interesting, though. It really shouldn't be possible to get a license or a certificate saying that you can do a job without demonstrating some knowledge of how to do it safely. Obviously the tests for these things are going to be extremely cursory. But if we can require food handlers to know when to wash their hands we can require CNAs to know that vaccines work. It's fundamental to the job.
    I'm actually taking that course this summer because I am curious about healthcare and want to get part time work at the hospital. Depending on what I find (like do I have the stomach for it) I might study to be an LPN or possibly even RN.

Anyway of the 5 students in the class, 4 have been vaxed and the fifth is 5 months pregnant and waiting till she has her kid. The 2 nurses teaching it (LPN and RN) are both vaxed. They both worked at longterm care facilities through the pandemic. One of them told me the other day she had 5 residents get covid and they all recovered. But she said another half dozen went into noticeable decline when refused visitors and socialization, and they all died. Thought that was interesting.

Anyway the CNA course is 75 hours culminating in a written test and demonstration of skills (5 randomly selected out of 25 that you practice). For an entry level job it's a lot of training IMO. Most of my classmates intend to go to nursing school and CNA offers flexible hours and pay in the $15-20 range so they can work while in school. CNAs are much needed and pay has been going up some.

We've discussed vaxxing in the class. One woman in her 30s who just earned a masters in health info systems asked if any of us had ever stuck a magnet to where we got our shot. She said she did it and it sticks. A few days ago she said she did it to her visiting friend who was vaxed in January and it stuck. "But don't do it," she said. "It makes you feel like crap, like you have a hangover."

Is this magnet shit for real? Anybody ever try it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Protip: when you see anything associated with "Mercola" the safe assumption is it's all bullshit.
    the times had a story about him the other day, the guy is worth over 100M from hawking supplements and tanning beds by creating doubt and then profiting off it. He’s also lost several lawsuits with the feds, but isn’t shut down.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

[QUOTE=yeahman;6363167

Is this magnet shit for real? Anybody ever try it?[/QUOTE

I tried it. No it didn't stick. Please don't work in healthcare.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I'm actually taking that course this summer because I am curious about healthcare and want to get part time work at the hospital. Depending on what I find (like do I have the stomach for it) I might study to be an LPN or possibly even RN.

Anyway of the 5 students in the class, 4 have been vaxed and the fifth is 5 months pregnant and waiting till she has her kid. The 2 nurses teaching it (LPN and RN) are both vaxed. They both worked at longterm care facilities through the pandemic. One of them told me the other day she had 5 residents get covid and they all recovered. But she said another half dozen went into noticeable decline when refused visitors and socialization, and they all died. Thought that was interesting.

Anyway the CNA course is 75 hours culminating in a written test and demonstration of skills (5 randomly selected out of 25 that you practice). For an entry level job it's a lot of training IMO. Most of my classmates intend to go to nursing school and CNA offers flexible hours and pay in the $15-20 range so they can work while in school. CNAs are much needed and pay has been going up some.

We've discussed vaxxing in the class. One woman in her 30s who just earned a masters in health info systems asked if any of us had ever stuck a magnet to where we got our shot. She said she did it and it sticks. A few days ago she said she did it to her visiting friend who was vaxed in January and it stuck. "But don't do it," she said. "It makes you feel like crap, like you have a hangover."

How many snipe would you say you've bagged over the years?

Thanks for your perspective on the current state of things with CNAs. Where are you, if you don't mind saying? The need is clear--as is the need to pay. Peanuts get monkeys and all that. When my wife did a CNA cert (a long time ago in Oregon...for like a month or something) she made it sound a bit less involved than your description and I know there are LTC places in WA offering to train themselves, so of course it varies, but if there's a test there's a gate.

You might reconsider, CNA work is the worst in healthcare. Worse than housekeeping. If you want RNs to dump all the shit work in your lap then it’s the right job for you.

FFS people are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You might reconsider, CNA work is the worst in healthcare. Worse than housekeeping. If you want RNs to dump all the shit work in your lap then it’s the right job for you.

whats your position in healthcare

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    whats your position in healthcare
    Bent over?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Bent over?
    Making useless plastic see through intubation boxes?
    Last edited by bennymac; 07-25-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Buddy takes 100 covid tests for love

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...love-1.6113813
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Went to a wedding reception thing (low key, not formal) last night and saw lots of friends/aquaintences I used to MTB with but haven’t seen in 2 years b/c of the pandemic and life getting crazy. It was good to see them again and they are still folks I really like as good people, but damn, it was disappointing to learn how many are anti-vax. Just saying some blatantly false and/or alarmist stuff. Had one of them say he doesn’t want to risk getting the vax… While then telling the story of how he overshot a 40’ jump guineapigging it which resulted in the broken ankle and boot he was wearing. These are folks with little regard for their wellbeing on a bike and long, gnarly injury histories to prove it, but saying the vaccine risk is too much for them? Similarly, dudes there who put $100 of mystery powder up their nose most weekends also saying they are unvaxxed because they are scared of possible side effects.

Just… disappointing. Seems more like its more sticking with a “rebeliousness” or “punk” pattern than an actual thought out position.

And with the delta variant surging and the long, rainy PNW fall/winter/spring approaching in a few months i fear that, while society won’t shut down again, we will start having to “opt-out” of social events, meetups, even professional events due to everything being indoors and so many unvaccinated people acting normal. Outdoor events, like the reception at an outdoor brewery beer garden or a golf tournament feel safe… but I feel uneasy about indoor events, and i KNOW my wife will veto them.

We had a vaccinated employee test positive last week. Our recent in office days had overlapped.

Plus my wife had been flying for work.

So we just both did the Ellume home test.

Damn slick technology: Load app, instruction video, bluetooth connection to analyzer, step by step instructions on app - nose swab, dip in magic liquid, five drops of that into analyzer, 15 minutes for (negative) results. Email & text of results.

A positive result would instantly update national statistics by zip code.

Impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    So we just both did the Ellume home test.
    Thats great. I think i might pick one up as i have another wedding to go to next week with some older folks attending that i will be hugging and in close contact with.

Did you sample that “mystery powder” ?

I assume in covid times it’s bring your own straw
    . . .

I got a buddy who is anti vax but when she has a big party in her back yard they will dissolve a bunch of acid in big pop bottles of water and drink according to how high they wana get

she won't take a vax but the acid from some sketchy dealer is Ok ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You should make grilled cheese sandwiches for them.
    . . .