Page 441 of 929 FirstFirst ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,025 of 23206
    Ok let's get back on track.
    I'm double moderna

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...y?srnd=premium

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    I'm resigned to the nearly certain fact that this disease is now endemic and isn't going away anytime soon. I'll be willing to pick up a booster shot here in a few months when it comes around, although some of the discussion I've read on here has me thinking I might delay a bit longer than the 6 month window.

In thinking about the eradication of polio, I'm inclined to think it was a decades-long effort that took finding the right combination of vaccines, treatment, and diagnosis to stamp it out. I suppose it is wishful thinking to believe our society could tackle this disease and get rid of it in such a short timeframe. Instead, it appears we are traveling the typical path to addressing diseases within societies. That is, it comes, people deal with it, and slowly over time, our treatments and vaccines can make it fade into the background.

With that in mind, has there been any reasoned speculation lately on mutation paths that make Covid less dangerous overall while still remaining virulent? Delta is awful, but is there a potential expected offramp somewhere that gets this thing down to chickenpox danger levels?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I thought the scratch n sniff was Polyester.
    John Waters rules.
    I think you're right. I know I've only seen one John Waters film. It was fun but one was enough for me.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I think you're right. I know I've only seen one John Waters film. It was fun but one was enough for me.
    Well, then, queue up a little instance of 'Pink Flamingos'. A classic of trash. A monumental American cornerstone of culture.

You're old enough to remember the Fugs, right? Slum Goddess?

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Ms TBS had a customer today bemoaning that she will never have grandchildren.
    Why? Because her son got the vax for Covid, so now he’s gonna become sterile.

It’s all part of a plan by Bill Gates to depopulate the planet. The virus he created didn’t kill enough old people so he’s created a vaccine that will take out the next generation.

She’s “part of a group that’s been researching this”…

Ms TBS said she saw no good coming from arguing with crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Well, then, queue up a little instance of 'Pink Flamingos'. A classic of trash. A monumental American cornerstone of culture.

You're old enough to remember the Fugs, right? Slum Goddess?

I think this little ditty better personifies American Culture In the 21st century

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    It’s all part of a plan by Bill Gates to depopulate the planet. The virus he created didn’t kill enough old people so he’s created a vaccine that will take out the next generation.
    No need to worry about Bill Gates, Clapton's got this:

Attachment 384189

^^^And I always thought it was George Soros and Hillary Clinton behind the plot…
    Tres disappointed that I’ve been mislead all this time

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Hmmm mostly non Hispanic whites in poverty? Interesting. Rural maybe, but ha....funny man.

Funny that red line aways looked pretty low. Lol. Attachment 384184

you said low income and rural, meaning a population group that is both living in a rural setting and low income....had you said low income alone you might have a point. Here's some reading. HTHs: https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/pub...56/eib-200.pdf

The rural Black population showed the largest decline in poverty after 2013 (-5.3 percentage
    points), from 37.3 percent in 2013 to 32.0 percent in 2017. Despite this decrease, Blacks continue to have the highest poverty rate among all rural race/ethnicity groups. Blacks made up 8 percent of the rural population but 15 percent of the poor population in 2017. American Indians had
    the second highest poverty rate (31.0 percent) among all rural race/ethnicity groups in 2017, 3.4
    percentage points lower than in 2013. Hispanics had the lowest poverty rate among rural minority groups (24.5 percent) in 2017, an improvement of 3.7 percentage points from 2013. Whites
    have historically had a much lower rural poverty rate (13.5 percent in 2017), and their rate fell
    1.6 percentage points from 2013 to 2017. Despite the much lower poverty rate among Whites,
    the majority of the rural poor are White.
    They accounted for 80 percent of the general rural population and 65 percent of the rural population in poverty in 2017.
    Again, you were wrong and you continue to be wrong.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

They've tried that...still little uptick. Sorry man it's deeper than you believe. It would seem so simple, I agree....they just aren't doing it. Distrust.

As for the ACLU, we shall see what the govt attempts to implement before they make a final statement. My guess is there will be no serious push for "mandatory vax ID". It would fail miserably.

They tried lotteries and free beers and stupid shit. A stupid person I know finally got vaxxed because of some mariner ticket promotion.

If 100 dollars isn't enough try 1,000. Another stimulus for everyone vaxxed or who gets vaxxed by Oct 15 or whatever.

Still cheaper than covid bullshit.

Fuck. A really decent guy I work with fucking DIED. He had access to the vaccine. The tribe gave it to us early and our work was making it workable for everyone who wanted it.

My brother lives in South Carolina and his kid is special needs and has had 100s of surgeries.

Fucking south carolina outlawed requiring masks in school so my nephew doesn't get to go to school.

Seriously. What tge fucking fuck.

One of my best friends brother has been sick for a week with it and is vaxxed.

I honestly don't know how much longer I can take it.

I'm having a difficult time articulating this, but "discrimination" against unvaccinated people seems so inherently different from other types of discrimination like race or economic status for the simple reason that it's so easy to change one's status simply by getting vaccinated. Yes, I appreciate that it may not be as easy for poor people to take time off work, get to a vax site, etc. but you can't tell me it's impossible. At this point 99.9% of those who want to be vaccinated in this country can get vaccinated. I think the overwhelming percentage of those who haven't been vaccinated are not vaccinated yet either because they don't want to be or just haven't felt a compelling reason to do so. Perhaps barring them from certain activities if they aren't vaxxed is that compelling reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    Fucking south carolina outlawed requiring masks in school so my nephew doesn't get to go to school.
    Almost 1,500 SC physicians signed an open letter to the governor and general assembly asking for an end to the mandate that prevents schools from requiring masks. Daily COVID cases have doubled since the letter was started. Nothing but crickets.

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/...ONSb7yWjyM0esI

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    you said low income and rural, meaning a population group that is both living in a rural setting and low income....had you said low income alone you might have a point. Here's some reading. HTHs: https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/pub...56/eib-200.pdf

Again, you were wrong and you continue to be wrong.
    Rural doesn't mean low income
    Low income is a different group

Group 1 rural
    Group 2 low income/ poverty. I didn't know I was talking to 3 yr old but there ya go. Hope you get it now. Feel free to check the CDC site.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I got carded in 04 at a film premiere in Vegas and I didnt look a day over 40,

I duno what they were looking for but they were carding everyone
    They were looking for people who dropped out of high school and made a fortune at IBM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Rural doesn't mean low income
    Low income is a different group

Group 1 rural
    Group 2 low income/ poverty. I didn't know I was talking to 3 yr old but there ya go. Hope you get it now. Feel free to check the CDC site.

I understand you are changing your statement now that you've been shown you are wrong. Evidently you don't understand the difference between the words "and" and "or", for example:

"Rural and low income" (what you wrote)
    "Rural or low income" (what you are claiming you meant)
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Rural and/or low income

Pedantic and/or bitchy

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Rural and/or low income

Pedantic and/or bitchy
    Dumb and/or moronic

Dumb and/or moronic
    Anti-vaxxers for $200, Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I understand you are changing your statement now that you've been shown you are wrong. Evidently you don't understand the difference between the words "and" and "or", for example:

"Rural and low income" (what you wrote)
    "Rural or low income" (what you are claiming you meant)
    my bad teach, I for sure meant the second one. 100% own that little faux pa on the language. Sorry for not being more clear. not back peddling at all, its what I was getting at. To me Rural does not equate to poor or low income. why cant you just read my mind duh...? I know plenty of "rural vters" that are mad rich...

I think the hesitancy is different for both "groups"

Rural (non low income) seems more politically motivated
    Low income/poverty level has a lot of mixed reasons for not getting vaxxed, some political, some simply due to life issues (no transport, job worries, etc).

Again this is what I "meant" from the start. My apologies again for flubbing up the and/or. However CDC stats back up exactly what I am saying either way...Rural OR Low income have much lower vax rates..

my bad teach, I for sure meant the second one. 100% own that little faux pa on the language. Sorry for not being more clear. not back peddling at all, its what I was getting at. To me Rural does not equate to poor or low income. why cant you just read my mind duh...? I know plenty of "rural vters" that are mad rich...

I think the hesitancy is different for both "groups"

Rural (non low income) seems more politically motivated
    Low income/poverty level has a lot of mixed reasons for not getting vaxxed, some political, some simply due to life issues (no transport, job worries, etc).

Again this is what I "meant" from the start. My apologies again for flubbing up the and/or. However CDC stats back up exactly what I am saying either way...Rural OR Low income have much lower vax rates..
    Word. Back to arguing vax ID!

guess some places want this eh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaxid.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	589.5 KB 
ID:	384206

guess some places want this eh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaxid.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	589.5 KB 
ID:	384206
    Seems like some company is hoping to profit by producing vaccine IDs. That doesn't mean that "some places" require this specific piece of ID.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im stoked i dont need to wish
    i just go about my business and passions and lead my life to not be
    like skidog
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Ya, but because it's been a disjointed, hodge podge, ad hoc vaccine ID roll out it breads for profit predators.