Page 717 of 808 FirstFirst ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 ... LastLast
Results 17,901 to 17,925 of 20187
  1. #17901
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I have Covid and chronic asthma. Not breathing well. Not terrible, but not normal either.

    I'm fully vaxxed with Pfizer. Meds make my regular asthma symptoms close to non-existent. But when I'm sick my lungs tend to freak out a bit.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    hey, bd -

    anything new to report ?

    sending +++vibes+++ and a 'fknA' your way... !

    Please - Be well.


    skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

    Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

    Get out there and do stuff!

    Enjoy life to the fullest!!

    See you on the slopes! "

  2. #17902
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,289
    Anyone ever watch the movie Stalag 17 co-starring the pilot from Airplane! ?

    Seems the message on the mask I had printed last year is panning out. .

    Name:  FSSF mask.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  17.8 KB
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  3. #17903
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,780
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    hey, bd -

    anything new to report ?

    sending +++vibes+++ and a 'fknA' your way... !

    Please - Be well.


    skiJ
    Much better after the antibody infusion. Lungs are still tight when I wake up, but after meds they feel mostly normal.

    I felt like shit for a solid week. Can't imagine what it would have been like if I wasn't vaccinated.


    I have to say, I pity the folks who aren't getting vaccinated. Whether you're latched on to some conspiracy theory, or compelled by a deep need to demonstrate some sociocultural affiliation, it's a steep price to pay. It's a fascinating, but depressing example of our human capacity to dismiss the obvious in a vain effort to preserve a fragile sense of self or belonging. I hope you fuckers don't die.

  4. #17904
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    4,774
    Good to hear your trending positive ISBD.

    Get fucking vaxxed people


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #17905
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,638
    ISBD bringing good news to this thread!

    Nice to hear.

    Thank you science!

  6. #17906
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    2,759
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Much better after the antibody infusion. Lungs are still tight when I wake up, but after meds they feel mostly normal.

    I felt like shit for a solid week. Can't imagine what it would have been like if I wasn't vaccinated.


    I have to say, I pity the folks who aren't getting vaccinated. Whether you're latched on to some conspiracy theory, or compelled by a deep need to demonstrate some sociocultural affiliation, it's a steep price to pay. It's a fascinating, but depressing example of our human capacity to dismiss the obvious in a vain effort to preserve a fragile sense of self or belonging. I hope you fuckers don't die.
    Fuck yeah ISBD!! Keep it up.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  7. #17907
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    So, it's not possible? Bugs/features can crop up in lots of unsuspected ways.

    It may be something else other than multiple user name changes within a short period.
    I donít know, Iím pretty tech illiterate


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  8. #17908
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    valley of the heart's delight
    Posts
    1,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    "Eradicating" is a red herring chowed upon by those not paying attention.
    If eradication means treat like all the other diseases we wish were gone, I'm 100% in favor. We've all been vaccinated for a couple dozen, and there's more controlled by other inventions (border requirements, public health, etc). None of these are we likely to encounter in our lifetimes.

    We could get rid of Covid fast. It remains my belief that the best approach to Covid mirrors that of AU, NZ, CN, etc. Eliminate it within the borders, and prevent it from entering. If the US, EU, and China were all behind this policy, the rest of the world would largely fall in line. Just like we do for say measles or polio, or did for SARS-1. Barring the political issues, Covid could be essentially gone from developed countries in 10 weeks.

    Sorry to be outside the "echo chamber"

  9. #17909
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    25,184
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I don’t know, I’m pretty tech illiterate
    Your jump to disclaimer shows that.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  10. #17910
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    25,184
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    If eradication means treat like all the other diseases we wish were gone, I'm 100% in favor. We've all been vaccinated for a couple dozen, and there's more controlled by other inventions (border requirements, public health, etc). None of these are we likely to encounter in our lifetimes.

    We could get rid of Covid fast. It remains my belief that the best approach to Covid mirrors that of AU, NZ, CN, etc. Eliminate it within the borders, and prevent it from entering. If the US, EU, and China were all behind this policy, the rest of the world would largely fall in line. Just like we do for say measles or polio, or did for SARS-1. Barring the political issues, Covid could be essentially gone from developed countries in 10 weeks.

    Sorry to be outside the "echo chamber"
    The measures of masking, vaxing, social distancing are not 100% effective in "eradicating" covid or any other disease.

    This is exactly the rationale opponents of these mechanisms seize upon.
    None of them have been represented that way from the start, when the maxim was and continues to be "flatten the curve".

    If one reads the definition of "eradicate", virtually no serious disease has ever been eradicated.

    Context.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  11. #17911
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    valley of the heart's delight
    Posts
    1,468
    Sorry life isn't binary

  12. #17912
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Your jump to disclaimer shows that.
    Well it seems odd that someone shows up to only post this misinformation in just this thread with no other post history and his post count is zero after more than half a dozen posts.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  13. #17913
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    17,459
    As was said above, eradication won't ever happen.

    When we get to the point that our medical system is no longer being overwhelmed by outbreaks or surges then we will have learned to live with Covid.

    When we get to the point that an outbreak of Covid is no longer news we will have eradicated Covid.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  14. #17914
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    If one reads the definition of "eradicate", virtually no serious disease has ever been eradicated.

    Context.
    as a practical matter several of them could have been effectively eradicated, alas antivaxxers ruined that hope (see: measles)

  15. #17915
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    25,184
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Sorry life isn't binary
    Agreed.
    It's a think fail.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  16. #17916
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    25,184
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Well it seems odd that someone shows up to only post this misinformation in just this thread with no other post history and his post count is zero after more than half a dozen posts.
    This is why I'll never get in a self driving car.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  17. #17917
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    7,309
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Much better after the antibody infusion. Lungs are still tight when I wake up, but after meds they feel mostly normal.

    I felt like shit for a solid week. Can't imagine what it would have been like if I wasn't vaccinated.


    I have to say, I pity the folks who aren't getting vaccinated. Whether you're latched on to some conspiracy theory, or compelled by a deep need to demonstrate some sociocultural affiliation, it's a steep price to pay. It's a fascinating, but depressing example of our human capacity to dismiss the obvious in a vain effort to preserve a fragile sense of self or belonging. I hope you fuckers don't die.
    FKNA!!! Really glad to hear you are going to be OK.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  18. #17918
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    7,309
    It's definitely tougher to "vax our way out of" a pandemic when people are sabotaging the efforts to educate the populace due to polyasshatted reasons. Mandates seem to be the only way to "encourage" the "resistant" to rejoin the rest of civilized society.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  19. #17919
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,638
    Mandates have increased the number of people vaccinated - and this increased uptake took place many months after vaccines were available to working age adults.

    Are mandates all we need? No. No one said that.

    But mandates help. Along with other things we are doing (masks/distancing/testing) and some we are not yet doing (increasing promotion of healthy lifestyle as a preventative measure vs bad covid outcome etc)

  20. #17920
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,791

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    MagUni - If you really want to know, PM me. It's not that interesting and probably not worth the time it will take to read it. (It is slightly amusing to see people lose their shit over it, pontificate on possible causes, etc.)

    Buster - My main concerns are vax mandates / covid passports / lockdowns and the negative consequences of them. Second, I just don't think it's possible to vax our way out of covid so I would prefer the focus to shift to other methods of prevention, and treatment when prevention fails.
    We've talked past each other on a few different topics now and I'm chalking that up to different personalities, etc. I'll continue to think you're a smart guy and probably pretty nice in real life but will do my best to avoid pestering you in the future. Best wishes and I hope you have a great, healthy ski season.

    skiJ - I gather you are a [retired] medical professional so your knowledge will obviously be much greater than mine especially for any in depth issues or area of specialty you have. We lay people can still follow the big picture though. Best health to you and yours.
    Youíre wrong about not being able to vax our way to ďnormalcyĒ. I work in a hospital and itís the same everywhere, itís the unvaccinated that are causing the stress on our system. The idea of suppressing a disease with vaccination so we donít really have to worry anymore has been proven many times over in history. Your argument is political bullshit.

    As far as why your post count remaining zero, why donít you just tell us if itís amusing?
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by MagnificentUnicorn; 12-05-2021 at 05:50 PM.

  21. #17921
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    9,438
    The frustrating thing about the anti vaxxers is how they lump together ‘ vax mandates / covid passports / lockdowns’. Denmark hit very high levels of vaccination and was able to avoid the lockdown Austria implemented. Right wing Facebook feeds feature the twisted logic of ‘we were told vaccinations would prevent lockdowns, but we successfully brainwashed enough idiots that vaccination rates never got high enough so now we can point to lockdowns or mask mandates as evidence of being misled when it’s actually just evidence of how we fucked things up for free society’.

    Another disingenuous talking point is the ‘well we are totally reasonable folks who would just like to see effective treatments developed rather than a focus on vaccines’. This particular piece of stupidity requires one to actively ignore that medical research pretty much always looks at prevention vs treatment options, and generally science rejoices when preventative or mitigation measures can be found (eg vaccines) since they are typically so much cheaper and/or more feasible to administer across populations and regional economies incl developing world.

  22. #17922
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    MagUni - If you really want to know, PM me. It's not that interesting and probably not worth the time it will take to read it. (It is slightly amusing to see people lose their shit over it, pontificate on possible causes, etc.).
    Trolls get off on trolling? Riveting.

  23. #17923
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    25,184
    D0D, I wont take the time to rebut your claims after this, but none of your arguments make sense to me. Sometimes I'm out in left field (wh33333), but there's an obvious consenseless here that your remarks about eradication are irrelevant and misleading. I do not think that's a function of personalities.

    I hope we don't have to have mandates, but it's amazing how selfish and ignorant lots of people are regarding medicine in the context of covid.

    And it would be sweet twirly love beams if we could find another effective way to manage covid without vaxes.
    But we haven't.

    It may become a matter of choosing the lesser evil, covid or lockdowns and mandates. People refusing the stick are only furthering us into lockdowns and mandates.

    I'm not that nice in real life, this is what's going on in my thoughts and as such are the real me. I still feel that all this innert00b jibberjabber is a pretty good window into what a person is like.

    We already have vax passports as well.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  24. #17924
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Trolls get off on trolling? Riveting.
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Another disingenuous talking point is the ‘well we are totally reasonable folks who would just like to see effective treatments developed rather than a focus on vaccines’.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Your argument is political bullshit.
    All correct and thank you for not catering to this malarky. DummyDad is pure shit-post nonsense. None of his blabber is more than it appears despite his "Best health to you all" sign off.

    While teleRoofer cries "it's a different opinion! Y U mad?!?". No. When you allege that there's a worldwide conspiracy by central bankers to install digital currency as part of a hidden, nefarious totalitarian regimes through vaccine policy, you are a deranged person who lost their tether to reality. It is not a difference of opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    Likely it's part of a scheme to roll out digital currencies anyway. Watch what happens in Europe which is the epicenter of this Build Back Better bullshit and the Klaus Schwab circus. It's no coincidence all of the more draconian policies are coming from those who were part of his World Economic Forum "junior leaders" program. Same with Tedros at the WHO, european central bankers, etc.

  25. #17925
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    7,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    All correct and thank you for not catering to this malarky. DummyDad is pure shit-post nonsense. None of his blabber is more than it appears despite his "Best health to you all" sign off.

    While teleRoofer cries "it's a different opinion! Y U mad?!?". No. When you allege that there's a worldwide conspiracy by central bankers to install digital currency as part of a hidden, nefarious totalitarian regimes through vaccine policy, you are a deranged person who lost their tether to reality. It is not a difference of opinion.
    NWOs coming through vaccine mandates?? SHIT!! I went long in carbon credits because they said that was the new world order control plan.. SELLING carbon credits cheap.. Who wants some???
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •