Page 716 of 810 FirstFirst ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 ... LastLast
Results 17,876 to 17,900 of 20227
  1. #17876
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    uTardedland
    Posts
    11,573
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    yeah (yes), I will give him credit for the (subtle) troll...
    tj
    Give him credit for further disinformation?
    No, full stop. No more giving any of this shit credit.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

  2. #17877
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    ..........
    I saw what you did there. You are not as cute as you think. And a waste of time here.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  3. #17878
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,298
    Anyhoo. I listened to a nice update synopsis by the good doctor. We'll know something in a week to ten days. And he's not a fan of border closures. Counter productive security theater.

    https://open.spotify.com/episode/0WV...Ssi34fcdUcS4Bg
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  4. #17879
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    The reason I bring this up is that I think a lot of people have unreasonable expectations of what a covid vax is capable of and might be used to push for mandates and/or vax passports.
    I agree with you about the importance of the points you've brought up. Specifically, animal reservoirs (along with the total level of spread and contagiousness) basically guarantee that everyone will be exposed, probably multiple times.

    So we agree that you will be exposed. And we know that the vaccines reduce your chance of a severe result when that happens by about 10-100x and carry a smaller chance of any severe reaction to the shot (1 in 1000-10,000, pessimistically). Reducing your chance of infecting someone you care about comes along for free.

    So any rational person can see that the best decision for him or herself is to get a vaccine. A good one. A free one. And maybe add a mask sometimes because masks have even less downside than vaccines--and more potential upside, as evidenced by the phenomenal reduction in flu the last couple years (even with the animal reservoirs).

    Given that, the fact that some people are demonstrating their irrationality with respect to their own welfare is definitely going to be used by all the totalitarians of the world to create the infrastructure needed to control (and eventually oppress) the masses. All these demonstrably irrational people will be "protected" from themselves the same way we try to protect them from heroin, mental illness and heavy impacts with steering wheels. Where will it end? Seriously, think about that some more--if the tools get built to punish stupidity, we both know they'll be overused, right?

    Further, the CCP is already using our vaccine hesitancy (and fueling it, because it helps them) to gain an advantage on the world stage. Russia, too. They're doing everything they can to prevent us from protecting ourselves, including promoting everything from batshit crazy to simple division.

    Luckily, free thinking, rational Americans can solve all of those problems in one fell swoop: get a vaccine. Do it now, while no one is forcing you. Hurry, so that the infrastructure of oppression never gets built. Make it silly to worry about the last few percent of us by upping the numbers until passports and proof become a waste of time (like with MMR and other childhood vaccinations that we mostly take for granted). Make the uselessness so obvious that even George Soros has to admit this won't be the door to mind control he's been hoping for. Kill this thing off so our hospitals can function and the CCP stops enjoying the advantage they've gained by our anemic response to this pandemic.

    Or keep working for the enemy. Maybe spend some of Putin's money on a sweet set of day trekkers for the day after. Are you an American or an American't?
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

  5. #17880
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,688
    his claim was,
    ' name a (human) respiratory virus with animal reservior(s)(sic) that has been eradicated '


    my education was a long time ago, but I can't think of a human respiratory virus ( repeat. A virus ) that has been eradicated.

    If we are to believe that covid19 coronavirus is being isolated from white-tailed deer, I will accept the possibility that someone could be infected by a deer they killed, But
    I have not seen those studies
    ( cross-reactive to a virus of deer ?
    (Much) more likely than covid being zoonotic between white-tailed deer and people. )

    ( I will try to come back and link the article I found that says,

    "There is little information on covid19 and animals. "

    and

    "There is no known case of transmission from deer to people. " ND•TV.com

    https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/covi...canada-2634828

    also - https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...6-a46f6ebd1f5c )


    I try not to be provoked by some of this junk.
    in the midwest, it is deer hunting season...
    it is stunning, and no longer surprising, the things that are written with the conclusion,
    ' This merits further study. '

    ... perhaps 'sports(people)' will fund a study. or their family members will be afraid to eat venison.

    I did /// I went back and read about SARS and MERS ( after my time, I am sorry to say... )

    still., I would emphasize while it is believed by many that covid19 originated in an animal host, animal-to-human transmission ,,, ( I do not find it documented.
    to me, that's ( really) important. )

    so if someone wants to ask about a zoonotic respiratory viral diseases being eradicated. . . cats in Asia (2002). camels in the mideast in 2012.


    Unvaccinated people are a much more significant reservoir of covid than white-tailed deer.

    Good grief.
    ... good night. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 12-05-2021 at 06:17 AM.

  6. #17881
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I agree with you about the importance of the points you've brought up. Specifically, animal reservoirs (along with the total level of spread and contagiousness) basically guarantee that everyone will be exposed, probably multiple times.

    So we agree that you will be exposed. And we know that the vaccines reduce your chance of a severe result when that happens by about 10-100x and carry a smaller chance of any severe reaction to the shot (1 in 1000-10,000, pessimistically). Reducing your chance of infecting someone you care about comes along for free.

    So any rational person can see that the best decision for him or herself is to get a vaccine. A good one. A free one. And maybe add a mask sometimes because masks have even less downside than vaccines--and more potential upside, as evidenced by the phenomenal reduction in flu the last couple years (even with the animal reservoirs).

    Given that, the fact that some people are demonstrating their irrationality with respect to their own welfare is definitely going to be used by all the totalitarians of the world to create the infrastructure needed to control (and eventually oppress) the masses. All these demonstrably irrational people will be "protected" from themselves the same way we try to protect them from heroin, mental illness and heavy impacts with steering wheels. Where will it end? Seriously, think about that some more--if the tools get built to punish stupidity, we both know they'll be overused, right?

    Further, the CCP is already using our vaccine hesitancy (and fueling it, because it helps them) to gain an advantage on the world stage. Russia, too. They're doing everything they can to prevent us from protecting ourselves, including promoting everything from batshit crazy to simple division.

    Luckily, free thinking, rational Americans can solve all of those problems in one fell swoop: get a vaccine. Do it now, while no one is forcing you. Hurry, so that the infrastructure of oppression never gets built. Make it silly to worry about the last few percent of us by upping the numbers until passports and proof become a waste of time (like with MMR and other childhood vaccinations that we mostly take for granted). Make the uselessness so obvious that even George Soros has to admit this won't be the door to mind control he's been hoping for. Kill this thing off so our hospitals can function and the CCP stops enjoying the advantage they've gained by our anemic response to this pandemic.

    Or keep working for the enemy. Maybe spend some of Putin's money on a sweet set of day trekkers for the day after. Are you an American or an American't?
    This ^^^

    Thank you, jono. tj

  7. #17882
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I have Covid and chronic asthma. Not breathing well. Not terrible, but not normal either.

    I'm fully vaxxed with Pfizer. Meds make my regular asthma symptoms close to non-existent. But when I'm sick my lungs tend to freak out a bit.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Get well fast. Vibes ++

  8. #17883
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,656

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    Maybe itís the whisky - but there has been multiple posts and Iím still not getting the point:

    Yes covid can infect animals

    Yes covid will most likely be like every other infectious disease - except for the only one ever eradicated from humans - and that was 50 years ago

    Again though - whatís the point? We still need to be vaccinated. We still need to live healthy. We still need to protect the vulnerable. These recommendations exist for covid and for other infectious diseases.

    What is dumb dadís point when pointing out the obvious?

    Help me out here.

  9. #17884
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    4,582
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Maybe it’s the whisky - but there has been multiple posts and I’m still not getting the point:

    Yes covid can infect animals

    Yes covid will most likely be like every other infectious disease - except for the only one ever eradicated from humans - and that was 50 years ago

    Again though - what’s the point? We still need to be vaccinated. We still need to live healthy. We still need to protect the vulnerable. These recommendations exist for covid and for other infectious diseases.

    What is dumb dad’s point when pointing out the obvious?

    Help me out here.
    dip a pencil in the whiskey

    jam It through your eye, rub it around. Make sure you destroy most cognition, aim for nice thanksgiving mashed potatoes

    ”understand” that covid-19 came from beagle experiment of function funded by George soros, the Rothschilds, and dr Fauci.

  10. #17885
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    25,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post

    Buster - Not everyone who disagrees with you watches fox or voted for trump.
    Maybe not, but those talking points as well as the whole masking issue are shared and promoted by Fox and right wing media.

    Your argument was initially based on eradication, which I, as well as virtually every one else, has pointed out is fallacious at best.
    That is a stupid argument. I thought I was agreeing with that.

    And I'd thought you're better than that.

    I wonder if the distinction is coming across between eviscerating a stupid argument and making a personal attack.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  11. #17886
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    Smallpox, like whooping cough, has no known animal reservoirs and that's a big reason why those vaccines are as effective as they are.
    Can anyone name a respiratory virus with known animal reservoirs that has been successfully eradicated?
    DOD. I certainly was not attempting to speak for you.
    apparently your knowledge of viral respiratory zoonotics is greater than mine...
    my Education is dated, but I work to contribute factual information, and not contribute to the underlying disagreement ;

    I went back and read about SARS and MERS ;
    like I said - after my time. ...
    And
    I think 'we' need to be careful about claiming an 'animal reservior' --


    As others have stated well and Clearly, eradication is a 'high bar' that may be years (decades) from attainment. and given the current social/political climate is going to be very, very difficult.

    Vaccination remains a good tool - and
    Vaccination remains an important tool.

    whether or not Eradication is an attainable goal ,,, I will need to see more hopeful numbers about vaccination rate(s), because (to me) the Unvaccinated remain the reservoir that I believe will prevent eradication.

    I don't believe it is a failure of the vaccines nor vaccination if twenty percent-and-more of the population refuse to be vaccinated. ...


    Good luck...
    Please - be vaccinated
    ( please get your kids vaccinated ; and

    please encourage 'old people - including elderly' - to maintain their vaccination. )


    Good luck. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 12-05-2021 at 08:08 AM.

  12. #17887
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,317

    To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

    MoronDad with the specious arguments.

    ĎIf we canít immediately eradicate, whatís the point of doing anything?í

    Yeah, youíll be dead within a handful of decades, whats the point in doing anything? If you build a house, probably falls down within 100 years, no point.

    School? Canít sufficiently educate everyone, so whats the point.

    Hell, even if we could create a heaven on earth, the sun will burn out eventually so fuck it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  13. #17888
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,800
    Why doesnít DODís post count increase? Heís been a member sinceí17 but his only posts are in this thread and only recently. Everything heís posting are right wing and/or conspiracy talking points. Itís not honest like he says. Ban


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #17889
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    224
    Stop being a bitch uni. Itís ok to have differing opinions. This is a ski forum not a medical forum. If people are basing their medical decisions on things they read on tgr, they are fucking morons. Banning people because they arenít part of the echo chamber is a bitch move.

  15. #17890
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    25,191
    Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Stop being a bitch uni. It’s ok to have differing opinions. This is a ski forum not a medical forum. If people are basing their medical decisions on things they read on tgr, they are fucking morons. Banning people because they aren’t part of the echo chamber is a bitch move.
    Differing opinions and arguments is one thing.
    Completely misconstruing or misunderstanding the vax and mask policies is something else. It's always been "flatten the curve".

    "Eradicating" is a red herring chowed upon by those not paying attention.

    I'm not advocating banning, but I'll call out a stupid argument when I read one.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  16. #17891
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,182
    But why the fuck isn't his post count going up?????

  17. #17892
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    25,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    But why the fuck isn't his post count going up?????
    It likely has something to do with him changing his user name. It was FullStack for a while, then Ow My Balls, now DOD.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  18. #17893
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Meiss Meadows
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    But why the fuck isn't his post count going up?????
    Secret Russian Troll programming?

  19. #17894
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,065
    Shifting topic:
    Learned yesterday that sugarbowl medical safety folks must all be fully vaxed, no exceptions. Patrol (volunteer and pro), ie OEC trained; mountain safety, ie OFC trained; ski docs; and those working at the first aid room. pretty cool, IMO.

  20. #17895
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    But why the fuck isn't his post count going up?????
    This is what Iím asking.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  21. #17896
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    It likely has something to do with him changing his user name. It was FullStack for a while, then Ow My Balls, now DOD.
    No, I changed my username after Z-bo enlightened me and my post count stayed the same. DODís account stays at zero.

    Something is suspect. Teletech is a stupid harmless troll but DOD is something different.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #17897
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,800
    Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Stop being a bitch uni. Itís ok to have differing opinions. This is a ski forum not a medical forum. If people are basing their medical decisions on things they read on tgr, they are fucking morons. Banning people because they arenít part of the echo chamber is a bitch move.
    Facts arenít opinions you festering syphilitic anus. I know youíre a troll but youíre also likely too stupid to know the difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  23. #17898
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    17,095
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    No, I changed my username after Z-bo enlightened me and my post count stayed the same. DODís account stays at zero.

    Something is suspect. Teletech is a stupid harmless troll but DOD is something different.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Either way they are both on ignore.

  24. #17899
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    25,191
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    No, I changed my username after Z-bo enlightened me and my post count stayed the same. DOD’s account stays at zero.

    Something is suspect. Teletech is a stupid harmless troll but DOD is something different.
    So, it's not possible? Bugs/features can crop up in lots of unsuspected ways.

    It may be something else other than multiple user name changes within a short period.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  25. #17900
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,810
    Admin permission > admincp > uncheck "count posts"

    So he's an admin, or being moderated by one (or that's at least one possibility)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •