Page 237 of 929 FirstFirst ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 23206
    Yanno..... I'm starting to get cranky that they are offering incentives to vaxidiots.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

It fucking America eh,

in any case covid is just gona pick the un-vaxed off one by one

is it ok to laugh at them when they get really sick ?

Up in Canada we are a little behind on getting vax supply and we certainly do have some anti or hesitant vaxers up here but i think the % of people getting vaxed percapita is way higher

Its suposed to all be booked but I got # 2 today way ahead of time by doing an 8am walk up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    My g-gfather spent his life a “cardiac cripple” in part because of childhood illness that’s since been eliminated, then died youngish (55) it wasn’t all big city evil.
    Rheumatic fever due to strep throat most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Pretty much my grandfather too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Most heart attack sufferers I know went back to at least 80% of previous life/level of activity and are alive 10-15yr longer at least

Note I said “most”. Not all. But recovering from a heart attack is not a guarantee of death in the next few years unless you are elderly or have lots of other confounding and poorly controlled conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think you're wrong about this. For example, childhood leukemia was a death sentence not that long ago.
    These things matter a lot. To the people and their families of course. And combined all the advances of modern medicine have given us about 10 extra years on average. But the impact of these things is trivial compared to the things Summit listed. It's part of the party line that the medical industrial complex pushes--that we owe our lives to modern medicine. Childhood leukemia for example, as terrible as it is for the people it affects is a blip in the overall survival statistics.

Modern medicine has made a a lot of people's lives better--certainly mine, and likely longer as well. It's what I did for 40 years But life span statistics are a lousy way to measure its impact--and the basics still are and always will be more important in health, well being, and life span than all the high tech miracles.

Penicillin certainly qualifies as a medical miracle. But it came into use during WWII and probably saved more lives during the war than in all the years since* (especially since it doesn't work for most of the infections it was originally used for). Now think of how many lives would have been saved if the war had not happened. If people want to save lives, medical breakthroughs are a lousy way to do it.

*made up statistic, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Rheumatic fever due to strep throat most likely.
    That's what took my father's life at 56 (had RF in 1941)
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

MISINFORMATION IS A PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS —SO LET’S TREAT IT THAT WAY

Infodemiologists will be new public health champions that can be deployed to any infodemic of misinformation.

https://neo.life/2021/06/misinformat...Lcre1_Wn2MnqjQ

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Yanno..... I'm starting to get cranky that they are offering incentives to vaxidiots.
    Why? It has a benefit to you AND them and doesn't harm you at all.

KQ has been publicly shitting on supposed friends and neighbors this entire time for not doing what she wants when it comes to the pandemic, up to linking to websites and posting pictures of their farmstands (just one example) to try and shame them.

So this seems par for the course for strangers she deems beneath her.
    Live Free or Die

If you ^^want to save me, first you need to pay me, it is so American afterall !

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    MISINFORMATION IS A PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS —SO LET’S TREAT IT THAT WAY

Infodemiologists will be new public health champions that can be deployed to any infodemic of misinformation.

https://neo.life/2021/06/misinformat...Lcre1_Wn2MnqjQ
    Gee ya wonder how they would have reacted to the lab leak theory a year ago?

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    Why? It has a benefit to you AND them and doesn't harm you at all.
    What? I'm saying I wanna piece 'o the pie!

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    KQ has been publicly shitting on supposed friends and neighbors this entire time for not doing what she wants when it comes to the pandemic, up to linking to websites and posting pictures of their farmstands (just one example) to try and shame them.

So this seems par for the course for strangers she deems beneath her.
    Please produce pics of farmstands I posted and public posts naming people.

BTW - what did I say was beneath me?

What? I'm saying I wanna can of the warm lite beer!
    FIFY

FIFY
    Damn straight! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    It fucking America eh,

in any case covid is just gona pick the un-vaxed off one by one

is it ok to laugh at them when they get really sick ?

Up in Canada we are a little behind on getting vax supply and we certainly do have some anti or hesitant vaxers up here but i think the % of people getting vaxed percapita is way higher

Its suposed to all be booked but I got # 2 today way ahead of time by doing an 8am walk up
    ~.02% of the unvaxed and looking at some of the new treatments undergoing testing now we'll see that drop to levels far far lower.

But its a nice thought that feeds your superiority complex

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    ~.02% of the unvaxed and looking at some of the new treatments undergoing testing now we'll see that drop to levels far far lower.

But its a nice thought that feeds your superiority complex
    whats the new treatment go out for kentucy fried, 11 herbs and spices ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    ~.02% of the unvaxed and
    ...and what? Are you trying to decimate the dead? Why? Were those tenth the nicest of the damned?

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...snt-political/

its hard not to feel at least less stupid

Golfer didn't want to get vaccinated. Tested positive. Lost out on some pretty major purse money. Haha, idiot.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...-covid-19-test

Fucking moron.
    focus.

Would that be an anti-incentive?

Would that be an anti-incentive?
    More like "tax on stupidity".

Jon Rahm just paid a "$1.276 million in lost purse money" tax.
    Ted Nugent paid a "pretty damn sick for a few days" tax.
    Herman Cain and others have paid the ultimate tax.

Went to my first post covid indoor restaurant yesterday. Went to Reno to pick up a friend at the airport than had a few hours before my son and his fiancee's flight arrived so we had dinner at some empty obscure strip mall Mexican place. Not exactly the grand re-awakening I had imagined--white tablecloths, tuxedoed waiters, etc. Actually, the food was good. No champagne--just a diet coke for me.

They're getting married at some out of the way wedding venue north of Truckee in August. An hour from Reno, an hour from Truckee. The rental car shortage is playing havoc with the logistics. I'm anticipating a lot of shuttling. (The other kid's wedding was a lot simpler--the two of them, my wife and I, the bride's minister mom officiating, on our deck, in a blizzard. Bride's dad couldn't make it due to the storm.) After the wedding fiasco I'll be ready for another shutdown. Bring on Covid 2021.

Went to my first post covid indoor restaurant yesterday. Went to Reno to pick up a friend at the airport than had a few hours before my son and his fiancee's flight arrived so we had dinner at some empty obscure strip mall Mexican place. Not exactly the grand re-awakening I had imagined--white tablecloths, tuxedoed waiters, etc. Actually, the food was good. No champagne--just a diet coke for me.

They're getting married at some out of the way wedding venue north of Truckee in August. An hour from Reno, an hour from Truckee. The rental car shortage is playing havoc with the logistics. I'm anticipating a lot of shuttling. (The other kid's wedding was a lot simpler--the two of them, my wife and I, the bride's minister mom officiating, on our deck, in a blizzard. Bride's dad couldn't make it due to the storm.) After the wedding fiasco I'll be ready for another shutdown. Bring on Covid 2021.
    Buy a large passenger van. Do a van conversion after the wedding. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    More like "tax on stupidity".

Jon Rahm just paid a "$1.276 million in lost purse money" tax.
    Ted Nugent paid a "pretty damn sick for a few days" tax.
    Herman Cain and others have paid the ultimate tax.
    i think there will be more stupid tax to come

never mind dying or just being worst-ever sick or testing positive, not being vaxed will affect ability to travel abroad which could affect ability to do a job,

so many ways to be free and stupid

Dean Baker is always a good read.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...oes-inequality

Canada will pass Israel this week to become the country with the greatest % of people vaccinated with at least 1 shot. I think everyone I know 12 and up has now had their first shot, and people are all getting their second now. I know 3 people who had their second just yesterday.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

The strategy of getting as many people 1 dose first looks like a genius move. While rolling this out while cases were still high, it kind of motivated everyone to go out and get the shot. Harder to convince the unvaccinated now that things seem to be on a massive decline.