Page 192 of 929 FirstFirst ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Sometime after the sign comes down at the store. That's not up to the government.
    The grocery store no longer has a mask order. Probably 70% of employees are no mask, but 70% of patrons still have masks.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    No. But it's clear that demand is still meeting or exceeding supply in this area.
    Guess I got lucky. I do feel more people will get poked once the need for hours of clicking on bad UI's is gone. When Safeway puts up the "vaccine now, see pharmacy" sign people will get it with their groceries.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

First shot (Moderna) beginning of April. Mild soreness at injection spot (deltoid) for about a day, that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    2nd dose of Pfizer today at noon. Looks like I am in good company. So, there's weed in this stuff, right? I had the munchies after the first shot, and am rolling that way again.
    Ha! Got second shot first thing this past Friday morning. Noticed when I got back home and had breakfast it tasted, hmm, especially yummy! Also had a pretty good appetite all day, definitely ate more than normal. Arm was a little more sore than first time, but not too bad. Later on Friday evening I started feeling a little bit dumpy - mild aches and chills, and that carried through the night, but next morning was starting to feel more normal. Took it easy Saturday, Sunday went out for a mellow bike ride, and didn't feel bad, but noticed I didn't have my usual energy, and felt a little tapped after getting back home. Today pretty much feeling back up to snuff.

Overall my experience has seemed mild compared to what I've read others have gone through. I did pound a lot of water throughout, and laid off alcohol for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Just noting that it's still far from easy to get an appointment around here, particularly for people with busy lives who can't shrug off a significant weekday excursion by saying oh well, less time than a ski trip.
    People with busy lives need to get with the program and repriorotize a little bit. This should be one of the most important things they do right now. California has made it pretty easy, except for people that work for a very small company (I, frankly, don't get that part), they are paying us to take time off from work to get vaxed and deal with the side effects.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    At what point can I go into the grocery store without a mask and not be an asshole?
    Being fully vaxed I stupidly walked in yesterday without a mask. Just wasn’t thinking about it.
    Turned red with embarrassment and went back to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Ever heard of the saying "less is more?" You need to take a deep breath.

Couple of quick corrections to your post. Both Pfizer and Moderna harbor single-stranded RNA which means they will not be immunogenic in the way that double-stranded RNA (from pathogens) is sensed by the innate immune system. Innate immunity with these vaccines is hypothesized to occur because the RNA is wrapped in lipid nanoparticles (not glycolipid) which can act as adjuvant.

I have no idea what you mean by " ... higher expression of innate immune system genes in XX."
    Nah, whenever you're saying to someone "you're right and I'm wrong, and I realize this now", more is always more better.

I mentioned RNA and lipids only in a general sense, to illustrate that I understood the basic components of the vaccine could have adjuvant properties on their own. I know that none of the components of the lipid nanoparticles are glycolipids, I used them as an example of immunostimulatory lipids. And while dsRNA is certainly very immunogenic, ssRNA has also been shown to stimulate the innate immune system in some instances.

I wrote "XX" as an abbreviation for female, in reference to Mofro's comment about the differential expression levels of innate immune system genes based on sex.
    Last edited by CS2-6; 05-04-2021 at 09:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

The mask order has been lifted here. At what point can I go into the grocery store without a mask and not be an asshole?
    still a few months, at least, where it feels like an easy token of courtesy to keep it handy and throw it on if anyone else within earshot in the store is wearing one.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    People with busy lives need to get with the program and repriorotize a little bit. This should be one of the most important things they do right now. California has made it pretty easy, except for people that work for a very small company (I, frankly, don't get that part), they are paying us to take time off from work to get vaxed and deal with the side effects.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Pretty much. Folks are prioritizing this way too low, and putting it off because its slightly inconvenient. Its getting treated like donating blood "I'll do it because its the right thing to do, but im not taking off work to go do it. Why can't the donation van come to me?".

the only pass im giving is for folks who work hourly for strict bosses, who survive paycheck to paycheck, and who do not have a car. Everyone else can shove their shitty selfish excuses that its too inconvenient to take a couple hours out of an afternoon to stop an unprecedented pandemic that shutdown the world economy and ruined the livelihoods of millions and killed hundreds of thousands in this country. Tone deaf as fuck to say an hours drive is too much to ask. fuck.

Checking back. 11 days after Pfizer round 2.

It took 4 days for my lymph nodes to be back to normal. I'm back to physical activities. I think I feel pretty normal.

The mask order has been lifted here. At what point can I go into the grocery store without a mask and not be an asshole?
    Were you an asshole before the masks mandates? jk

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    still a few months, at least, where it feels like an easy token of courtesy to keep it handy and throw it on if anyone else within earshot in the store is wearing one.
    Agreed. Just got my morning coffee from the coffee shop where my company has an account. As my coffee was finishing up an older lady walked in maskless asking to use the bathroom. The barista said "sure, as long as you wear a mask". The older lady proceeded to get very flustered saying that she was vaxxed and this is stupid, she doesnt carry a mask anymore, etc. The barista explained that was their policy still and they could get reported by someone for healthcode violations etc.

I think you put i perfectly: "it feels like an easy token of courtesy to keep it handy and throw it on if anyone else within earshot in the store is wearing one". I follow this exact rule in my little hole-in-the-wall gym and when im out at jobsites. I feel fine without a mask in 95% of situations i find myself now being fully vaxxed in an area with high vax rates, young and healthy, etc... but its such an easy token of courtesy to others that may not be. Once the CDC and state lift the mask mandate in my area, i wont wear one... though ill be happy to maintain distance from anyone that still does.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    My town has open access to vaccines for all ages.

Number of people who got shot #1 on top line

Population count in the middle

Number of people who got shot #2

Pretty close to all got shot 2 if they got 1 when you look at the percentages. Our small population leads to robust public health tracking - I can say that the number of people missing shot 2 is not because they went elsewhere to get it - if they did it would almost certainly be captured / recorded.
    Why the resistance among younger crowd? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Why the resistance among younger crowd? Any ideas?
    Could have something to do with the side-effects vs rewards ratio? By and large COVID seems to be pretty much have very little effect on the very young, yet they all keep hearing stories about how much the effects from the shots suck. For teenagers especially, due to their robust immune systems, they probably feel they'd rather just freaking get COVID than mess with the shot. Just a guess, though. Any parents of hesitant teen or young adults here care to chime in?

Younger pop believes they are less likely to get sick equals less incentive, plus possible lagging indicator given the younger pop was the last with access.

Checking back. 11 days after Pfizer round 2.

It took 4 days for my lymph nodes to be back to normal. I'm back to physical activities. I think I feel pretty normal.

Probably when you are no longer asking yourself the “am I an asshole?” question.

Personally I just follow CDC because I can’t be bothered to check with state or county rule is in effect.

At least here, I know people who have just been able to get shot 1 scheduled so I expect the mandates to stay in place for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Could have something to do with the side-effects vs rewards ratio? By and large COVID seems to be pretty much have very little effect on the very young, yet they all keep hearing stories about how much the effects from the shots suck. For teenagers especially, due to their robust immune systems, they probably feel they'd rather just freaking get COVID than mess with the shot. Just a guess, though. Any parents of hesitant teen or young adults here care to chime in?
    Side effects of a depressed job market, closed bars and restaurants, etc if you aren’t college educated or in construction seems like a pretty big side effect to me.

Let’s just be honest, most of us were pretty short sighted and had other selfish priorities when we were under 25.

Could have something to do with the side-effects vs rewards ratio? By and large COVID seems to be pretty much have very little effect on the very young, yet they all keep hearing stories about how much the effects from the shots suck. For teenagers especially, due to their robust immune systems, they probably feel they'd rather just freaking get COVID than mess with the shot.
    This is some fucked up logic, but it wouldn't surprise me if you were correct.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Were you an asshole before the masks mandates? jk

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Right, got my second shot yesterday and I’ll be masked up for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 05-04-2021 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Second shot, not first.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Side effects of a depressed job market, closed bars and restaurants, etc if you aren’t college educated or in construction seems like a pretty big side effect to me.

Let’s just be honest, most of us were pretty short sighted and had other selfish priorities when we were under 25.
    Exactly.

By and large COVID seems to be pretty much have very little effect on the very young
    That statement couldn't be more wrong, yet that is how a lot of people see it.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Right, got my first shot yesterday and I’ll be masked up for the foreseeable future.
    Did it take that long to get an appt in BZN?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Did it take that long to get an appt in BZN?
    Second shot. I’m an idiot. It was super easy.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post

On your first point, I would argue that it's not really a depressed job market at this point. There are plenty of companies, around here, anyway, that are trying to hire and can't get applicants. The construction industry in particular is having a really difficult time getting people and there's a LOT of available work. The services industries are really picking up and, same thing, hard time getting people to apply. I think it's like that in many areas around the country so I'm not really convinced it's a depressed job market for young people.

On your second point, yep. That's why incentives need to be in place that get their attention. I'm an advocate of giving $100 gift cards for people 16-40 who complete their shot cycle. I also think they just procrastinate and, why wouldn't they? They've been the last in line for the shots and we've been at this for over a year so they probably are lacking urgency. Money will change that outlook, in my opinion.

the oldfolks were the first people the covid hit but the variants are now hitting younger and younger people, everyone should and hopefully will be vaxed,

the sooner every body gets vaxed the sooner infection rates go down the sooner life in the whole fucking world gets back to more normal

Covid has been an entirey unprecedented event, the last big thing had to be WWII, and before that the Spanish flu, nothing has been this big and hopefully won't for a long time
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    That statement couldn't be more wrong, yet that is how a lot of people see it.
    Yep. Typhoid Mary logic.