Page 190 of 929 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 23206
    I was just making a quip. You're right, he's definitely a kind of idiot-savant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I've met at least two people who've been struck by lightning. One of them was struck more than once.
    Worked with such a person. We didn't walk very close to him when we were all outside.

Just got pfizer#2, feeling fine so far

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Worked with such a person. We didn't walk very close to him when we were all outside.
    One was a guy who was retired from the forest service, but the other was really strange. It was a woman who didn't have any work or lifestyle exposure/risk, yet she had been struck (at least) twice. IIRC, at least one time was in a city.

As to cop's opting out. That's interesting. Thinking they never stopped working. Were exposed to the worst of it on a daily basis since before it was even a thing. They started wearing masks in april 2020? It would not be a stretch for them to think. What difference would it make at this point? And what if the shot knocks me down when I need to work?

Just Sayin
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    As to cop's opting out. That's interesting. Thinking they never stopped working. Were exposed to the worst of it on a daily basis since before it was even a thing. They started wearing masks in april 2020? It would not be a stretch for them to think. What difference would it make at this point? And what if the shot knocks me down when I need to work?

Just Sayin
    cops are also known retards which may have something to do with it.
    swing your fucking sword.

Some cops here never started wearing masks.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    cops are also known retards which may have something to do with it.
    There is that. Betting the bootlicker retarded cops are not the one's opting out.

Be careful how you respond. Have retired cop's in family. I might be offended
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Snowflake

Be careful how you respond. Have retired cop's in family. I might be offended
    you gonna shoot me?

i'm sure not all cops are retards but the vast majority of the ones i have interacted with are. specifically highway patrollers.

you gonna shoot me?

i'm sure not all cops are retards but the vast majority of the ones i have interacted with are. specifically highway patrollers.
    So just like me you like to go fast to. Troopers are tax collector's who also run into the worst of worst. In the middle of fuckin nowhere. They don't give a shit about viruses. Just lead poisoning
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

So just like me you like to go fast to. Troopers are tax collector's who also run into the worst of worst. In the middle of fuckin nowhere. They don't give a shit about viruses. Just lead poisoning
    yeah, i like to go fast. the speeding tickets don't help my opinions of them.

i will say, sheriffs are fairly pleasant folk. i've worked with them a good bit on searches. generally quiet guys and simple men by all accounts but fairly pleasant. then again, i am white.

yeah, i like to go fast. the speeding tickets don't help my opinions of them.

i will say, sheriffs are fairly pleasant folk. i've worked with them a good bit on searches. generally quiet guys and simple men by all accounts but fairly pleasant. then again, i am white.
    With me it was more along the lines of. Felony flight to avoid arrest with some willful this and that thrown in. But you know. Be nice. It works it self out.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Had a good experience with a cop the other day when my daughter got in a fender bender (her fault). Cool dude.

Anyway, maybe this has been mentioned, but I read the other day that 85% of "tier 1" people in MLB (players, managers, coaches, team staff) have been vaxxed. Start threatening to yank those game checks due to quarantine and they see the light, I guess. Which does bring us back to the idea of paying people to get the shot. Money is the universal language. Christ, if we're gonna be handing out stimulus checks all the time, why not attach one of them to vaccination? At least we'd be getting something out of it.

They should absolutely give people $100 or more for the J&J. This is such an easy call.

Yup. The employers of Americans will probably force millions of fence sitters to smarten up.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    These has been some decent data on the effectiveness. Currently in the USA the number of fully vaccinated people that have been hospitalized with COVID is in the 100s. With like 90M fully vaccinated. If you drive somewhere to hang out with other fully vaccinated people, then the drive there and back is by far the most dangerous part of that event.
    The number of breakthrough infections, hospitalizations, and deaths will continue to increase in time. The risk will depend on the efficacy of the vaccine and the prevalence of the virus in the community--ie how many people get shots. Also, the current low risk is in part due to the fact that most people, including the vaccinated, are still wearing masks and distancing unless they know the vaccine status of those around them, and at least here, most business still have restrictions, restaurants aren't fully open, many that could open with reduced capacity are still take out only, most vaccinated people haven't started traveling and dining indoors at restaurants, etc, etc.
    I am sure that the risk of serious illness and death from breakthrough infections will prove to be very low over time (unless a supervariant emerges) but the extremely low risk that people are citing now is premature.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yup. The employers of Americans will probably force millions of fence sitters to smarten up.
    My company has offered to pay for you to stay home the day after getting your second shot (or first if J&J). Reason being that we want folks back in the office ASAP, and a bunch of people who have gotten vaxxed ended up getting flattened and took the next day off anyways. The owners cant force it on people, but they can make it easy and incentivize folks to get stuck. Two of my subordinates scheduled their second shots the day before 4/20 and Cinco de Mayo respectively.

Kind of funny. Nearly everyone i know that works in tech here is the Seattle area (FB, AMZN, MCSFT) said they couldnt imagine ever going back to work in an office last summer, and many companies said folks could work from home permanently. But now folks are itching to get back in an office. One of the big reasons for the cool, hip open office setups that tech companies made popular was to encourage unstructured social interaction and the free exchange and flow of ideas, along with encouraging longer work days. That all went out the window with work from home, and i think the R&D type stuff is suffering, and the workplace isnt as conducive to collaboration as it was before. Folks are realizing this and are pushing to get vaxxed so they can get back into that collaborative in-person office atmosphere.

Some cops here never started wearing masks.
    If you cover up the donut hole, what will they do all day when sitting in the cruiser?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

One was a guy who was retired from the forest service, but the other was really strange. It was a woman who didn't have any work or lifestyle exposure/risk, yet she had been struck (at least) twice. IIRC, at least one time was in a city.
    Perhaps a bone scan focusing on metals??

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    What was her reasoning?
    She wouldn't really say. Just "personal choice," which prompted me to ask if I could use that next time I got pulled over.
    And now my parents trip here is off because "not enough people are getting the vaccine, and that makes us nervous to go through airports. Why don't you come here?"
    Because, dad, I'd be going through the same fucking airports.
    Ps, everyone else I know, or certainly anyone else I'm remotely close with, is either vaccinated, about to get a 2nd shot, had it already and has some resistance but will get the shot, or had it and gone the shot. I think I met 1 guy who hasn't gotten it yet but will anyway.
    I guess we'll just leave her and her batshit parents out in the sticks for now.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Pfizer #2 is in, hoping for the best but planning some down time if need be.

Will Melinda spill the beans on microchips now that her status has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    My company has offered to pay for you to stay home the day after getting your second shot (or first if J&J). Reason being that we want folks back in the office ASAP, and a bunch of people who have gotten vaxxed ended up getting flattened and took the next day off anyways. The owners cant force it on people, but they can make it easy and incentivize folks to get stuck. Two of my subordinates scheduled their second shots the day before 4/20 and Cinco de Mayo respectively.

Kind of funny. Nearly everyone i know that works in tech here is the Seattle area (FB, AMZN, MCSFT) said they couldnt imagine ever going back to work in an office last summer, and many companies said folks could work from home permanently. But now folks are itching to get back in an office. One of the big reasons for the cool, hip open office setups that tech companies made popular was to encourage unstructured social interaction and the free exchange and flow of ideas, along with encouraging longer work days. That all went out the window with work from home, and i think the R&D type stuff is suffering, and the workplace isnt as conducive to collaboration as it was before. Folks are realizing this and are pushing to get vaxxed so they can get back into that collaborative in-person office atmosphere.
    Yup, young people like to socialize. Who knew? It's why they pay (paid?) high SF and NYC rents.

And, easy solution for employers to incentivize shots. Cash bonus! Easy, and maybe even tax deductible if the accountants are good. Or congress could pass a quick IRS amendment for employers.

Interesting that the US is already at the stage of hand-wringing about how people are refusing to get vaccinated. Meanwhile, in the Bay Area, now, it's still not easy to get a vax appointment, unless one is willing to check online multiple times per day, or drive to somewhere about an hour away (I've heard appointments are now pretty wide open in the central valley); a neighbor just signed on for an appointment in Salinas, not at all nearby, a couple weeks from now, until she can get something else better.