Page 690 of 813 FirstFirst ... 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... LastLast
Results 17,226 to 17,250 of 20307
    That's what I'd do. But I've been called a man of action by my friends.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    If that's not a phishing scam yet, it will be soon. Anyone who gives all that info to someone that called their phone is probably willing to hand over a SSN by the end of the call, too. It would be interesting to hear what they say if you call your local health department and ask them if the call was legit.
    It came from a number (spoofed?) that was a legit number I dealt with contact tracers over when wife and I had COVID last December. That's the only reason I even answered it. I thought it could be a follow up call from them.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

No need to phish to get batch numbers. I'm sure they're easily available on the dark web, and maybe the bright web.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It would be interesting to hear what they say if you call your local health department and ask them if the call was legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    That's what I'd do. But I've been called a man of action by my friends.
    Have you folks tried to call them and get a human on the phone? I have when returning previous contact tracing calls. You'll have more luck getting a human on the line to cancel your cable service.. We've got our cards, properly filled out. Anyone who really needs to validate I'll happily share that documentation in person..

Somebody upthread asked why CDC and other US agencies don't count infection derived immunity, requiring vaccine immunity instead.

Because dumdums would have Covid parties.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/fools-tho...124814714.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post

It's like XXX-ers take - people who are getting worked up about which mix-and-match combo to get are just doing the bougie Starbucks triple latte with oat milk versus chai latte with almond milk and a shot of espresso on the side.

We're paralyzed or over-reliant on choices when the point is to get a booster, not worry about what kind.

But of course, this is a community that obsesses over mounting a binder at -1 cm vs -1.5 cm.
    yeah I thot I might get some flack over that ^^ crack but nothing, I must have finally said something true, but in Canada we don' get to chose the medicine we know fuck all about and can't afford anyway

up here where there is the people's HC so the Vaccine rollouts appears to be controled/ run by regional health boards, I give em my HC # /date of birth which everyone has cuz of universal HC, they know everything about me including what I got for #1 and #2. So they know will use that info to setup for the booster in the 1st quarter and the patient will just get what they are giving out

and actulay people on TGR obsess over mm
    Last edited by XXX-er; 11-22-2021 at 01:15 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I just got a new phone, and based on my location it wants me to install the WA Notify app. Is anybody bothering with that anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I just got a new phone, and based on my location it wants me to install the WA Notify app. Is anybody bothering with that anymore?
    If your Bluetooth is on it will automatically sync with your vaccine chip, no need to download.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

When shoud i get my booster after two pfizer?
    After 4 month or 6 month?
    1st shot 24 june
    2nd shot 27 july
    3rd shot ???

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    What about myocarditis and its relation to the vaccine and booster shots?

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I just heard about it. Personally, there is nothing that I can do about it, as I have already received 3 shots.
    Much higher risk of myocarditis from covid than vaccine.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Coming to Denver this week: indoor mask mandate or proof of vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Luckily, with the MyColorado app, proof of vax is super-easy to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I'm in NYC right now, and many places here do require proof of vax.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    And god forbid anyone mounts on the line!
    I heard that tri-u mounts a balance point. :P

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I heard that tri-u mounts a balance point. :P
    But only after comparing it to cord center +1.

Been wondering lately about where to next with the vaccines. Didn't know they were still searching for an immune correlate, just assumed it would be relatively straightforward to determine. But I also didn't know it was called an immune correlate until a few minutes ago. Learning is a good thing.

Nose sprays, needle-free patches, durable immunity: towards the next generation of COVID vaccines

Working out if vaccines are working

An important innovation for COVID vaccines would be an immune correlate.

An immune correlate is something that can be measured in an immune response to indicate if someone will be protected against infection or not. For rubella and hepatitis B virus, we measure the amount of antibody targeting these viruses in our blood. If antibody is absent or too low, a booster dose of the vaccine is recommended.

An immune correlate for COVID could similarly allow us to identify people that need a booster.

Some researchers, including Australian teams, are sorting through data from around the world to see if there is something we can measure in our immune response to use as a correlate for COVID.

Research around the world is driving us towards the next generation of COVID vaccines. Innovations for COVID vaccines will lead to better vaccines for other infections too – those that currently afflict humanity and those that are yet to emerge.

Our little town of 2600 has a free Monday PM vax clinic at the Fire Station/Community Center.
    The line was around three sides of the building when I went by at 1:15, and hadn't diminished any on return trip two hours later.
    Probably 150 people of all ages.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    1st shot 24 june
    2nd shot 27 july
    3rd shot ???
    About 6 months. About the about. I was 2 wks late and Mrs was one week early. And we're still here. Don't stress it. Just get it.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Around here this county had 7 covid deaths this weekend

“six of the seven people who died were not vaccinated. The six who were unvaccinated included two people in their 80s, two people in their 70s, one person in their 60s and one person in their 30s.

The one vaccinated person who died was in their 60s.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    1st shot 24 june
    2nd shot 27 july
    3rd shot ???
    I agree with Wooley--6 months, because that is what the CDC is saying. With vaccines, for durable immunity a certain spacing works better than too close together. Someone else will have to explain why. If we weren't in the middle of a full blown pandemic when the vaccines were rolled out they probably would have waited longer between the first two doses.

What does the booster recs do to the definition of "fully vaccinated" for mandates? Is everyone out there 6 months past does 2 or JnJ1 no longer "fully vaccinated" for all intents and purposes? Serious question.. Or do we just call it good for the legal and work standards and make a boost truly "optional" and not required for those standards?

That’s it now in Chile, your “pase movilidad” must include the booster for most indoor activities, including internal flights. Boosted folks visiting the country now get special treatment on entering. “as of December 1, 2021, travelers with a full vaccination program and a booster dose (no more than 6 months) will be able to enter the country without doing a PCR upon arrival or any other mandatory quarantine. “ The land border to El Calafate in Argentina is now open too. “Paso a paso” is the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Somebody upthread asked why CDC and other US agencies don't count infection derived immunity, requiring vaccine immunity instead.

Because dumdums would have Covid parties.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/fools-tho...124814714.html
    What is with the fucking Germans! Just saw a DW report and it seemed that German speaking countries and German speaking regions were the turds in punch bowl.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Hard to believe some countries have as many dumb dumbs as the US isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

regarding "fully vaccinated" in the us-of-a, everything I have read indicates 'fully vaccinated' is the term used to denote completion of the initial vaccination (series), plus fourteen days.
    I believe it is reasonable to believe thiis MAY change, But in a country that still has 60Million ( sixty million ) Unvaccinated people, And a Federal mandate that is still in-the-process of requiring initial vaccinations, I believe /// boosters are still 'recommended' six months after the initial vaccination (series);
    With booster rates below twenty percent, to now start threatening the jobs of people who are vaccinated and yet months away from qualifying for boosters, ,,, would not be wise policy - And it certainly may change...

But to SJG's question, everything I have read indicates that currently 'legally' ,,,
    "fully vaccinated" means completion of the initial (series. or single dose of J&J) plus fourteen days.

Please. get vaccinated - and boostered when eligible.

thanks... tj