Page 739 of 929 FirstFirst ... 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 ... LastLast
Results 18,451 to 18,475 of 23206
    When the cdc is putting up radio ads that the vaccine is 90% effective at preventing infection. Just heard another ad ten minutes ago. Then you see what is happening in the nba 95% vaxxed and nhl 99+% vaxxed where between 30 and 50% of the Vaccinated players depending on team are testing positive. Either the numbers are wrong or all the athletes are lying about their vax status. Which is more likely. Try to spin it however you like, The numbers dont add up.

Rest your tender little brain, child. Adults are speaking.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    3 of 64 have the vaccine. I always have to edit my posts 1000 times to get them to sorta make sense.
    wait, 61 of 64 in the hospital are UNvaccinated, yet the hospital is urging people to get vaccinated to prevent staff burnout? And you think people are out of line to complain about the hospital's urgings? I dunno, it seems pretty hypocritical of a hospital to be saying "hey, people, get vaccinated so that we don't have to work so hard" while the vast majority of the hospital's employees aren't vaccinated.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    , The numbers dont add up.
    You've made the point over and over. The numbers don't add up for you which says more about you than the numbers.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

You said it nicer than i would have

Extremely complicated situation and teletech “sees both sides”.

Well that’s your problem right there^

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    wait, 61 of 64 in the hospital are UNvaccinated, yet the hospital is urging people to get vaccinated to prevent staff burnout? And you think people are out of line to complain about the hospital's urgings? I dunno, it seems pretty hypocritical of a hospital to be saying "hey, people, get vaccinated so that we don't have to work so hard" while the vast majority of the hospital's employees aren't vaccinated.
    Quit screwing with my sarcasm meter. Damn this was running some sort of javascript anyway and now here you are testing its limits. It restarted 3 times already today.

dog.

the Nets are not 100% vaccinated
    ( his name is Kyrie Irving ) .

omicron shows immunity evasive-ness. and is reported to be 70% - 80% more transmissible than other (variants ( / strains (I prefer) )

an advertisement
    that claims 90% effectiveness may mean it is 90% effective at preventing hospitalization.
    That's what has been documented.

Because an advertisement used the wrong word does not mean there is a great Conspiracy.

goodbye again, teletech.

skiJ

I'm presuming he's talking about patients, not staff.

I'm talking patients. Both our hospitals have employee mandates.

Jesus, I thought I was in some sort of brain warp until I figured out what Danno was saying.

I went back and gave it an 11th edit. Not done yet. More edits after my nap.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Extremely complicated situation and teletech “sees both sides”.

Well that’s your problem right there^
    Thank you. ... I laughed - skiJ

teletech seems to adhere to the philosophy that if you say something enough it's going to become true.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    You said it nicer than i would have
    I'm giving 'less clumsy' a go. Does it make my posts look fat?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

It is like arguing with someone about what color a clear blue sky is. No point.

Shit could not be more obvious.

It is a cult.
    It's a cult alright
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmcp.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	397081

I'm talking patients. Both our hospitals have employee mandates.

Jesus, I thought I was in some sort of brain warp until I figured out what Danno was saying.

I went back and gave it an 11th edit. Not done yet. More edits after my nap.
    lol

I may be a bit slow, sorry for that. I thought your were talking employees.
    Last edited by Danno; 12-17-2021 at 01:28 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Someone with more time on their hands than me should calculate the net loss of Republican voters by state.

3 of 64 have the vaccine. I always have to edit my posts 1000 times to get them to sorta make sense.
    at least I can blame that ^^ kind of thing on the Tolulene exposure

so my takaway is that almost everyone in ICU is unvaxinated ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Looks like no vax for 2-5 year old until summer.

In a trial, Pfizer-BioNTech’s low-dose shot did not provoke an adequate immune response in 2- to 5-year-olds.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/12...icron-vaccines

The JJ and AZ vaccines seem to be linked to rare cases of 'thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome.' Seems like both thrombosis and thrombocytopenia are well known side effects of actually having COVID. Is what we are seeing just the tail ends of the COVID-like reactions in the vaccinated, or is this something completely different than what the COVID patients get? In the most simplistic terms I would think if the vaccine fucks you up with symptoms similar to the disease, you would have been truly fucked had you actually got it.

When the cdc is putting up radio ads that the vaccine is 90% effective at preventing infection. Just heard another ad ten minutes ago. Then you see what is happening in the nba 95% vaxxed and nhl 99+% vaxxed where between 30 and 50% of the Vaccinated players depending on team are testing positive. Either the numbers are wrong or all the athletes are lying about their vax status. Which is more likely. Try to spin it however you like, The numbers dont add up.
    Can you share the cdc radio ad? I found these cdc videos: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...Date%3A%3Adesc

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Someone with more time on their hands than me should calculate the net loss of Republican voters by state.
    I did note a couple of months ago that Florida's Covid deaths had exceeded Gov DeSantis's margin of victory. That said, this factor is probably noise compared to various other factors, such as how many of the flakier voters for each side show up for any given election.

The more antivaxxers there are the less antivaxxers there are.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The more antivaxxers there are the less antivaxxers there are.
    Hahaha I laughed.. going to hell but not before they do...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

99.9% of America does not essentially live in groups of 50 twenty something year old dudes, sweating, breathing, exercising, sharing locker rooms, planes and busses, partying, etc. all together.

One guy gets it and they all get it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

altasnob's Math and assumptions look fine to me. A few months ago I was going to post something similar, along with an estimate of how long till we reach herd immunity, I also found a CDC report that used the 4x number. A National Academy of Sciences report used 2x. Both said these multipliers are uncertain, as altasnob noted. The reasoning about how many of the natural cases to assign to the vaxxed / unvaxxed is also fine and has uncertainties. So the 72 million guess is fine. My guess is 4x is too high, so the Covid naive population is larger.

If 72 million is correct, we could guess that about 80% of us have some level of immunity. We could correct this using estimates of actual immunity for the various combinations of vaxxed and infected (e.g. if vax or infection tend to provide 70% protection, then the estimated immunity becomes 70% of 80% equals 56%). Once we've calculated a current estimated population immunity, we can compare that to herd immunity estimates to see how close we are. The current vax and infection rates can then project when we reach herd immunity (or if it is possible with current countermeasures). Keeping in mind that we need to exceed the herd immunity threshold for cases to decline. Also keeping in mind that a heterogeneous population may spread disease better then the homogeneous population assumed in the herd immunity theory.

My understanding is I'm supposed to call altasnob a silly name. Sorry can't think of one. Related, there's this notion that we must condemn anyone with a different pandemic POV. Humans die on strange emotional hills. Some day the pandemic will pass, and many of these people can be forgiven then and are otherwise fine friends. For now, the unreasonable ones ought to stay away