Page 256 of 929 FirstFirst ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Yeah but what if they ultimately find that cowpox vax actually has some negative impact?? People should have avoided this unproven technology until the non experts were convinced!!!!![/url]
    There were anti vaxxers then as well. Nothing new under the sun, etc..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file-20200213-10976-hdse80.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	378915

But back then there wasn't a host of billions dollar corporations with a vested interest in maintaining public support for vaccines. Anti-vaxxers seem to have lasted just as long as vaxxers proving that at the very least both communities survive sufficiently in the face of contagious disease. And maybe that is why the debate continues to this day -- Darwin just doesn't give a fuck.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by pureantigravity View Post
    But back then there wasn't a host of billions dollar corporations with a vested interest in maintaining public support for vaccines. Anti-vaxxers seem to have lasted just as long as vaxxers proving that at the very least both communities survive sufficiently in the face of contagious disease. And maybe that is why the debate continues to this day -- Darwin just doesn't give a fuck.
    As a virus, the stupid infects new hosts to replace those that die off. It fills them with righteous indignation and sends them out to recruit like Toxoplasma gondii sends mice to find cats.

Anti-vaxxers seem to have lasted just as long as vaxxers proving that at the very least both communities survive sufficiently in the face of contagious disease.
    That's some argument. You basically just rationalized away any human improvements by virtue of "they're still here". Murders. Rapists. Genocide. Religious wars/oppression. Flat earthers. All crime. And dumb fuck anti-science/medicine/vaccine.

Now be fair, there has been some progress. No one makes silicone carbide carbon composite brake rotors anymore.

But since the thread has been scrubbed there's very little reason they shouldn't start again.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1918251587821

just a quicky to tell us that Countries opening up too soon, says WHO
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It’s been said before but drug companies aren’t getting rich off of vaccines. Where’s all the outrage over boner pills and blood pressure medication?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-07-07 134119.png
Views: 487
Size:  266.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    That's some argument. You basically just rationalized away any human improvements by virtue of "they're still here". Murders. Rapists. Genocide. Religious wars/oppression. Flat earthers. All crime. And dumb fuck anti-science/medicine/vaccine.
    You are right. But is that my fault or Darwins?
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Now be fair, there has been some progress. No one makes silicone carbide carbon composite brake rotors anymore.

But since the thread has been scrubbed there's very little reason they shouldn't start again.
    Well at least you got the silicone carbide part. It's quite remarkable that you actually remember that detail considering how old the thread was.

Well at least you got the silicone carbide part. It's quite remarkable that you actually remember that detail considering how old the thread was.
    The devil's in the details, right? One of these days carbon rotors will come along and who will remember that the only reason SiCCC rotors didn't work was the low friction coefficient? This is why you have to leave these things out there for future generations.

There's a new one every couple weeks.

California ‘Epsilon’ strain of COVID-19 could evade vaccines, study says

https://nypost.com/2021/07/07/califo...accines-study/

It also says it was first found in May 2020, so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The devil's in the details, right? One of these days carbon rotors will come along and who will remember that the only reason SiCCC rotors didn't work was the low friction coefficient? This is why you have to leave these things out there for future generations.
    One of the non-specific effects of being vaccinated with Carbon SiiiC rotors is the enormous savings of moola by avoiding almost all carbon frames and parts in the future. Although I suffered an indecent amount of shame and lost Strava times with those __waffles_, I did save multiple thousands by choosing an aluminum frame (dented as it is and still 100% functional). A 2nd dose isn't even necessary POTENTIAL lifetime immunity!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The thing is everyone who gets the virus is a potential variant factory.

Seems like some people here weren't paying much attention in biology class. Charles Darwin is rolling in his grave.
    Vaxxed are variant factories as well. But please let Skeeredshitless keep bloviating

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    There's a new one every couple weeks.

California ‘Epsilon’ strain of COVID-19 could evade vaccines, study says

https://nypost.com/2021/07/07/califo...accines-study/

It also says it was first found in May 2020, so who knows?
    My understanding is that the vaccine produces high enough antibody titers to overcome partial resistance. Natural infection not so much. The Science article is way over my head. Important to note that the study does not look at actual breakthrough disease caused by the epsilon variant. It's a lab study of antibody levels and effectiveness.
    In the US epsilon is very uncommon and is decreasing in frequency. So maybe less transmissible than other variants. Of course a less transmissible vaccine resistant variant might become common if a very large percentage of people are vaccinated.

proving that at the very least both communities survive sufficiently in the face of contagious disease. And maybe that is why the debate continues to this day -- Darwin just doesn't give a fuck.
    All joking aside, a rejection of technology isn't a heritable trait, it's a product of insufficient understanding, confirmation biases, and pure ignorance; we need to avoid invoking Darwin, Natural Selection, or evolution in general in this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    While this is from May, is the FDA telling me to not believe the antibody testing that we have been using for a year and established our metrics and case numbers with?

Thought this was funny having lived in Utah for a bit...Name:  rX97LqkdNwPBsxOBeEDz4A_gJnzTDZSLigy5r0RqRnE.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  108.1 KB

So we are being told in the news that ever buddy ending up in hospitol with covid now days is > 90 % not vaxed

how do the mouth breathers respond to this ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    So we are being told in the news that ever buddy ending up in hospitol with covid now days is > 90 % not vaxed

Same way they've responded to every other one: Ignore, yell, redirect onto lying bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    While this is from May, is the FDA telling me to not believe the antibody testing that we have been using for a year and established our metrics and case numbers with?
    Huh? Did you read that? It's saying use the antibody test to determine past infection - not be a predictor of immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Huh? Did you read that? It's saying use the antibody test to determine past infection - not be a predictor of immunity.
    Important that border stations etc not use antibody tests as a criterion for entry unless someone is claiming prior infection as the criterion for entry rather than vaccination.

Importance of getting both shots.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...0d6_story.html

J and J says it's vaccine produces good antibodies against delta.
    https://www.jnj.com/positive-new-dat...ty-of-response
    There doesn't seem to be data yet on whether the J and J protects against delta in the real world.
    If I had received J and J I might be inclined to get a second shot of something, based on absolutely no data that it's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

Just like they do with any other verifiable scientific information: