Page 72 of 929 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Also, I would love a "Harden the fuck up and get stuck," or "Shut the fuck up and get stuck" bumper sticker/button. I would wear that shit EVERYWHERE.
    Leave it to you to turn vaxxing into a reason to act like a condescending douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    My sister got her first shot Monday. Bad nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea that night. Those don't seem to be typical side effects. Has anyone else experienced that? She was fine the next day other than a sore arm.
    That’s rough. The cdc daily post vax check-in on v-safe includes check boxes for nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. It also has a box for “other.” To me, that indicated some expectation that recipients could experience those symptoms.

A friend experienced severe GI distress for several days when experiencing covid. It was her biggest issue. She didn’t experience the pulmonary problems that seem more typical.

The other thing to remember about older people getting the vaccine is that they will generally have a less robust immune reaction to any viral stimulus. That’s why the flu vaccine for example is basically a double dose for those over 65.

The Covid vaccines are the same across the age board so it makes sense that most people in the upper age brackets will have a lesser negative response to the vaccine (and potentially a lesser positive response also, although the data doesn’t seem to show that at current).

I've never had any reaction to any vaccine since I was old enough to remember. I was warned not to get yellow fever because of my age but have no plans to go anyplace where it was required. I did switch planes in Panama City but not required for transient travelers and you can get out of it with a doctor's not if you need to.

Question for the smart people. A guy I know has MS and is on immunosuppressants for it. He is very anxious to get the shot but is not currently eligible in CA. The question is--does the vaccine do any good if you're immunosuppressed? My recollection is no, although I supposed it might depend on what drugs and dose.

Looks like our governor has changed the vaccine phases yet again. Which is annoying AF, but at least this time it seems to help me, as people 50+ are now in Phase 1.b.4, which is expected to be up in March sometime.

And the J&J vaccine should get approved sometime soon, possibly tomorrow.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Email from Big Sky Medical Center = I have an appointment with Pfizer next Sunday morning, hit confirm. FUCK YEAH !

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Scheduled for Thursday. Moderna. Feels good.
    focus.

Where I live if you have certain symptoms like fever, vomiting etc you are supposed to come in and get swabbed for covid.

This is the recommendation for everyone but even more so for anyone working in health care facilities or long term care or as care provider for elderly.

These people were also the highest priority for vaccination so, when the second shots were given, the system got to see a little foreshadowing as to how many people then got swabbed for symptoms (since, if you’re following the recommendations, you can’t assume with certainty that your symptoms are vaccine related)

I’m sure some people didn’t get swabbed despite being symptomatic and just chalked it up to the vaccine (and hopefully self isolated until better). But I’d guess 10-15% of people were swabbed within the following 48 hours.

I can see now that our community is working on plans for how to manage this expected influx of people needing swabbing once the second shots go into the public next week.

That seems like a good place for use of a rapid antigen test.

It would have been very rough for me yesterday to get to a testing center. It was pretty fucking hard to get to the bathroom or even sit up to drink water.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

It would have been very rough for me yesterday to get to a testing center. It was pretty fucking hard to get to the bathroom or even sit up to drink water.
    Guessing you didn't make it to the dojo.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

Town has access to "rapid testing" (has to be sent out - means 6 to 30 hour turn around time for result depending on time of sample vs time of commercial plane departure) - this is backed up by PCR - but rapid testing is currently only for health care workers, people admitted to hospital, people with chronic illness where quicker access to diagnosis is vital, and long term care residents. Joe 6pack on the street with a mild fever gets swabbed and told to stay at home until PCR result is back - which can be a few days.

Would be hard (where we are) to do rapid testing on 10-15% of the public if they get symptoms in the days following vax #2. Hence the need for some sort of structured approach to how to deal with this expected surge of people meeting the requirements/recommendations for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Looks like our governor has changed the vaccine phases yet again. Which is annoying AF, but at least this time it seems to help me, as people 50+ are now in Phase 1.b.4, which is expected to be up in March sometime.

And the J&J vaccine should get approved sometime soon, possibly tomorrow.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Source?
    https://covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Guessing you didn't make it to the dojo.
    Unfortunately, they are closed.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Town has access to "rapid testing" (has to be sent out - means 6 to 30 hour turn around time for result depending on time of sample vs time of commercial plane departure) - this is backed up by PCR - but rapid testing is currently only for health care workers, people admitted to hospital, people with chronic illness where quicker access to diagnosis is vital, and long term care residents. Joe 6pack on the street with a mild fever gets swabbed and told to stay at home until PCR result is back - which can be a few days.

Would be hard (where we are) to do rapid testing on 10-15% of the public if they get symptoms in the days following vax #2. Hence the need for some sort of structured approach to how to deal with this expected surge of people meeting the requirements/recommendations for testing.
    I wish “real” rapid tests were more available...

Quote Originally Posted by PowderPig View Post
    I couldn't find any dates associated with the category... did I miss them?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I couldn't find any dates associated with the category... did I miss them?
    I don’t think you did - saw it elsewhere.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/02/2...nation-phases/

Had shot 2 a week ago - Moderna. Got it Thursday morning. Felt fine all day. Got past the 10-12 hour mark with no issues. Woke up at at 5:00 am, and felt like I was hit by a garbage truck. Not much for fever, but MY BONES literally ached. Not muscles - BONES. Got worse as the day went on. Went to bed early Friday night. Got up Saturday morning, and had some low level aching still, a little fatigued, and very slight fever, but started feeling human again around lunchtime.

Never reacted to shots before, and had a pile of them in the military. The first shot was like any other, but that second one...watch out.
    Gravity. It's the law.

I'm 24 hours out from Moderna #2, and have to say I'm pleasantly surprised/relieved - unless it kicks in shortly, seems like I'm (almost) good to go. Started to get achey 4 hours after, thought uh-oh, here we go, but although it did build through the evening it never became a serious issue - normal evening routine and bed time, slept fine. The second shingles/shigrix shot last fall was worse.

It does seem like there might be something to geezers not reacting so much. Suck it, youngsters.

HR got it set up for us to get the shot at work. Open to all employees,contractors, and our spouses which is pretty sweet IMO. Got the first dose of moderna a little over a week ago.

Might have to change my opinion that most HR managers and neither human or a resource.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

J&J vaccine approved!

And while people look at the numbers and view it as inferior to the other 2 vaccines, it was 100% effective at preventing hospitalizations and deaths. So we got that going for us.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

J&J vaccine approved!

And while people look at the numbers and view it as inferior to the other 2 vaccines, it was 100% effective at preventing hospitalizations and deaths. So we got that going for us.
    Yeah, that’s huge. Maybe give it to the 30 and under crowd or those you think/thought this was just the flu?

I know a lot of people who would resume life normally if they knew they wouldn’t get a bad case of CV.

Sigh, I'd really like to get vaxxed but evidently I am in a class of no consequence as they won't even project when my group might get the call.

Someone my age (doesn't live here) told me she got jabbed the other day. Lied about her age to get it and encouraged me to do the same but I can't.
    Last edited by KQ; 02-27-2021 at 11:20 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Sigh, I'd really like to get vaxxed but evidently I am in a class of no consequence as that won't even project when my group might get the call.

Someone my age (doesn't live here) told me she got jabbed the other day. Lied about her age to get it and encouraged me too do the same but I can't.
    We're in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I....does the vaccine do any good if you're immunosuppressed? My recollection is no, although I supposed it might depend on what drugs and dose.
    Hard to say. Your friend won't be totally immunocompromised (s/he would likely be dead already, otherwise), so some immunogenicity against SARS-2 ought to be expected following vaccination. Whether or not it's enough to block this bitch is likely dependent on individual variability. I'm guessing that multiple sclerosis is a strike in that regard.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

J&J vaccine approved!

Biggest bonus is it doesn't need the stupidly major cold chain requirements like the other. This is the one they can put in a basic cooler and drive it to everyone that can't get out and about.

Homeless and others without reliable transportation to get back for #2, this is great for them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.