Page 414 of 929 FirstFirst ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... LastLast
Results 10,326 to 10,350 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Yeah, remember the time when mask wearing in the 1918 pandemic where we’re still wearing masks?

Dude, you’re a fuckhead, whether you wish to acknowledge this is up to you. Quit it.
    They have a "vaxID" back then? Didn't think so.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    Is this what it's going to come to? Violence?
    youre a jong
    so the difference tween violence and lip flappin, spare checkin keyboard tough guy posts
    may not be as obvious to you
    looks like ski dog spent national dog day barking for attention
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    youre a jong
    so the difference tween violence and lip flappin, spare checkin keyboard tough guy posts
    may not be as obvious to you
    looks like ski dog spent national dog day barking for attention
    Yeah I made absolutely no point?

There are at least a few here who agree there is a problem here in regards to vax IDs.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Who here wouldn't enjoy deebased getting his smarmy clock cleaned.

There'd probably be a line of volunteers.
    You guys don’t know who you are messing with. Debased is 5’ 10” 225lbs but walks around at 3% body fat, deadlifts 600lbs, runs a sub 6 minute mile and is a jujitsu master. He’s also self made multi-millionaire who has multiple CEOs that report to him.

Or he’s completely full of shit, you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You guys don’t know who you are messing with. Debased is 5’ 10” 225lbs but walks around at 3% body fat, deadlifts 600lbs, runs a sub 6 minute mile and is a jujitsu master. He’s also self made multi-millionaire who has multiple CEOs that report to him.

I heard he was 6'7"

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

Is he the guy with the AMG shifter knob? Because that’s relevant here and I’m just making sure I’m keeping up.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Yeah I made absolutely no point?

There are at least a few here who agree there is a problem here in regards to vax IDs.
    If we get to 85% vaccinated your point sounds attractive. At 90% it might be compelling. At 70% it falls on deaf ears.

We're not changing laws on social media (yet). At best we might influence thoughts and maybe behaviors. The protection of liberty requires moving the needle on vaccinations as a personal choice before all the dystopian tools of oppression are created. Because once created you know they'll be misused. So turn your attention to removing their utility. Gravity never loses a debate.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Framing proof of vaccination as a threat to our civil liberties is ridiculous. The day you're born they report your birth to the state, which issues a birth certificate. Good luck doing much of anything without it. And it goes on from there. Giving up complete freedom of action and anonymity is part of living in any society--democratic or authoritarian, modern or hunter-gatherer. There are entire libraries filled with books of laws, many if not most of which impose some restriction on our personal freedom. In the best case those restrictions are for the good of society or to protect those who cannot protect themselves. In the worst case they are to benefit the rich, powerful, and connected, some times by taking from the weak. The question to ask is not "does requiring proof of vaccination infringe on my personal freedom?" It does. No argument there. The question is "does this new restriction on my personal freedom benefit society or protect those who cannot protect themselves, and is it worth it." Argue the facts of the particular issue at hand--requiring proof of vaccination--and stop pontificating about your illusory civil liberty. . The modern security state has a lot more frightening ways to keep track of us and restrict our activities than our vaccination cards.
    Well done old goat

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I think there may be a ski off or two in the making here.

Or tgr cage fight. Maybe add a chimpanzee for good measure?
    My money is on the chimp.

The vax rates in rural and low income areas are very low. Why?

So I guess all those poor people just don't want it huh? I mean it's easy, so why aren't they?

Total white privilege bullshit. Fuck those dirty poor people eh?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that poor folks in urban and rural areas aren’t getting vaccinated at high enough rates is because they choose not to for various reasons. Mistrust, disinformation and ignorance might be reasons just like it is for the rest of the unvaccinated. This isn’t a hurdle for them like a voter ID card that may take hours, cost money and require birth certificate, SSN etc.

It’s free and readily available and this is advertised on bill boards, radio, tv and the internet. Why aren’t they getting vaccinated? Explain it to us.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The rural poor I see are having such an interminable struggle just getting anything together…finding/doing a job, rent, trip to the store, court and court-ordered stuff, managing whatever addictions are in the household, clothing, keeping a residence warm and/or watertight. You start talking about voting and getting vaccinated and eating healthy and any number of things above basic “get through the next couple of hours” stuff and they immediately check out.

If you get them in a reflective situation where they’ll talk, they don’t trust the government (because they’ve been getting jerked around by schools and police and courts and jails their whole lives) or healthcare (because they’ve been treated like a nuisance by EMTs and emergency dept staff. They listen to radio, terrestrial radio, and all the news breaks on terrestrial radio are Fox News…and those are usually not super biased, but it leads them to think Fox News is the main news source…so the kooky stuff on tv or the internet sticks better.

I think an important takeaway, for me, is the process I went through (just an appointment at a specific place, masked up, wait in line, do paperwork…) to get my shots would be incredibly frustrating and emotionally uncomfortable for most of the strugglers I transport 20 miles out of town to the ghetto abandoned military base where they all live…. And the ones I transport are the cream of the crop out there, the ones who have their shit together enough to ride a bus into town and clean hotel rooms or wash dishes or do the shopping for their household. The rest are just out there like “no fucking way am I putting air in my flat tire and $50 of gas in the tank to go get treated like an animal by some condescending masked up asshole in a hazmat suit”

Thank you.

You guys can't be this dense. Requiring proof of vaccination to enter private businesses and sporting events, for example, is needed for a few reasons.bone is to protect the folks who cannot get vaccinated for legitimate reasons, you know, the people you guys give zero shits about, and another reason is to compel the folks who haven't gotten around to getting vaccinated to do so. Therefore, it is about "getting vaccines".

@IAS,

If there were vaccination events held out in the hinterlands you speak so clearly about do you think these folks would step up and get the shot?

Thx
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    @IAS,

If there were vaccination events held out in the hinterlands you speak so clearly about do you think these folks would step up and get the shot?

Thx
    no hypothetical necessary. Rural dumbfucks in Minnesota had every chance to get vaxxed but their Trump sucking asses didn’t. Can’t say for other states but in mn, rural areas were oversupplied with vaccines from the beginning but the dumbasses wouldn’t take them. Yes, extra salty for having to wait weeks longer (or drive 5 hours) to get vaxxed because the politics of having to cater to out state for something they don’t care about.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 08-27-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    The rural poor I see are having such an interminable struggle just getting anything together…finding/doing a job, rent, trip to the store, court and court-ordered stuff, managing whatever addictions are in the household, clothing, keeping a residence warm and/or watertight. You start talking about voting and getting vaccinated and eating healthy and any number of things above basic “get through the next couple of hours” stuff and they immediately check out.

If you get them in a reflective situation where they’ll talk, they don’t trust the government (because they’ve been getting jerked around by schools and police and courts and jails their whole lives) or healthcare (because they’ve been treated like a nuisance by EMTs and emergency dept staff. They listen to radio, terrestrial radio, and all the news breaks on terrestrial radio are Fox News…and those are usually not super biased, but it leads them to think Fox News is the main news source…so the kooky stuff on tv or the internet sticks better.

I think an important takeaway, for me, is the process I went through (just an appointment at a specific place, masked up, wait in line, do paperwork…) to get my shots would be incredibly frustrating and emotionally uncomfortable for most of the strugglers I transport 20 miles out of town to the ghetto abandoned military base where they all live…. And the ones I transport are the cream of the crop out there, the ones who have their shit together enough to ride a bus into town and clean hotel rooms or wash dishes or do the shopping for their household. The rest are just out there like “no fucking way am I putting air in my flat tire and $50 of gas in the tank to go get treated like an animal by some condescending masked up asshole in a hazmat suit”
    Well said. We need to reach out to these communities and combat fear and ignorance with compassion.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ya, I have some limited experience on both sides of that kind of crushing poverty. And it's more like $10 of gas five times because the gas tank leaks if you fill it too far. If a mobile vax clinic goes to such a place, it picks up a few more people. But still not 100% for a subset of the reasons above.

Do they know enough yet about the chances of finding a reaction in that 15 minute period to go ahead and give shots on the bus?

Plenty of rural poor here in VT, so vax stations have been set up at grocery stores, farmer's markets, on pullouts on the side of the road (I'm not kidding), or a simple phone call will get someone to come out to your house. Of course the VT culture is one of taking care of one another (see stories after Hurricane Irene for proof) as opposed to some bullshit rugged individualism, so folks do it for their neighbors instead of for themselves. We have over 85% of the population that has started vaccination, so maybe it's a model to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Plenty of rural poor here in VT, so vax stations have been set up at grocery stores, farmer's markets, on pullouts on the side of the road (I'm not kidding), or a simple phone call will get someone to come out to your house. Of course the VT culture is one of taking care of one another (see stories after Hurricane Irene for proof) as opposed to some bullshit rugged individualism, so folks do it for their neighbors instead of for themselves. We have over 85% of the population that has started vaccination, so maybe it's a model to consider.
    And what percentage of that population is non white may I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I don't like masks or needles either but Americans have managed to kill more of their own people than any other country and its all political all preventable
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    <snip> We have over 85% of the population that has started vaccination, so maybe it's a model to consider.
    Just curious where you're getting this number... it seems high from the info I've seen recently.

https://covidactnow.org/us/vermont-vt/?s=22191145

And what percentage of that population is non white may I ask?
    Why does that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Why does that matter?
    Don't be obtuse, man. How are we going to call out the extremists for CRT if we don't bring race into it?
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    they're a little behind, this site is live real time https://ncov2019.live/
    the USA now leads the world at 651,977 deaths , usa, usa, usa!!!
    but, in deaths per 1,000,000 we look much better, the US falls to 18th
    so the radical far reich can spin it to fit their narrative