Page 757 of 929 FirstFirst ... 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 ... LastLast
Results 18,901 to 18,925 of 23206
    It's as if we've never had this happen before
    True insanity/derangement.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Whatever, I've come to terms with the fact that we are all gonna get it this round. I already have one employee out of work today with suspected symptoms. At least three other times I've definitely been exposed to people who tested positive. But I keep testing negative...
    the numbers must be underreported as well since it sounds like many are asymptomatic. that coupled with what you've described has me landing in the same camp, that most of us will get it so time to get on with it.

Here's a WWMD...one of my kids is playing on a traveling basketball team through the school district. They have a tournament coming up in Seattle and there is a vaccination mandate for those in attendance. There's a text chain between the coaches and all of the parents where this information was relayed by the coaches. One family responds with "that's going to be a problem for us..." this person is a 1st grade teacher at a public school (different district)...then another parent chimes in "I know a guy who knows a guy that can help with that..." indicating that she can get them fake vaccination cards. Then one of the coaches chimes in that "they're not cross checking IDs so everyone can use the same vaccine card". this is all very disappointing...I respond that "thanks for the heads up, we're vaccinated so it won't be a problem." That said, WWMD? We all had to sign this form indicating we'd adhere to COVID protocols wherever tournaments were. the parents are one thing, they can be idiots and I guess that's their schtick, but the coaches are the surprising part of this since the team is affiliated with a public entity (i.e., the school district). It seems very sketchy to be recommending people use each others vaccination cards. Obviously I'm hoping that they check IDs and these numbskulls are discovered. Do I snitch?

Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I’d be more worried that your kid is breathing the high viral loads around the friends/teammates & less about the schadenfreude of turning people in

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    the numbers must be underreported as well since it sounds like many are asymptomatic. that coupled with what you've described has me landing in the same camp, that most of us will get it so time to get on with it.

Here's a WWMD...one of my kids is playing on a traveling basketball team through the school district. They have a tournament coming up in Seattle and there is a vaccination mandate for those in attendance. There's a text chain between the coaches and all of the parents where this information was relayed by the coaches. One family responds with "that's going to be a problem for us..." this person is a 1st grade teacher at a public school (different district)...then another parent chimes in "I know a guy who knows a guy that can help with that..." indicating that she can get them fake vaccination cards. Then one of the coaches chimes in that "they're not cross checking IDs so everyone can use the same vaccine card". this is all very disappointing...I respond that "thanks for the heads up, we're vaccinated so it won't be a problem." That said, WWMD? We all had to sign this form indicating we'd adhere to COVID protocols wherever tournaments were. the parents are one thing, they can be idiots and I guess that's their schtick, but the coaches are the surprising part of this since the team is affiliated with a public entity (i.e., the school district). It seems very sketchy to be recommending people use each others vaccination cards. Obviously I'm hoping that they check IDs and these numbskulls are discovered. Do I snitch?

I was staying at a hotel in Minneapolis a few weeks ago, while MN was THE hot spot of the nation, after my sister in law died. There was a state football coaches convention at the hotel. Not a mask in site. But then no one else was wearing one either.

Not only that, but MN is medical cannabis only, and very stringent criteria. MN is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I was staying at a hotel in Minneapolis a few weeks ago, while MN was THE hot spot of the nation, after my sister in law died. There was a state football coaches convention at the hotel. Not a mask in site. But then no one else was wearing one either.

Not only that, but MN is medical cannabis only, and very stringent criteria. MN is fucked.
    What you're describing is probably 80%-90% of the geographic united states. Southern Cali. Portland, Seattle, NYC, and major college towns are the only places where masks in stores are the norm instead if the exception. And I'd ague that it's the college towns and major cities with colleges that are following science and everywhere else is following, fuck it I feel lucky vibes..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I’d be more worried that your kid is breathing the high viral loads around the friends/teammates & less about the schadenfreude of turning people in
    That is a worry for sure. My wife also pointed out that the tournament is giving the coaches this advice on how to skirt the rules, so no point in pointing it out to them. I guess I thought the coaches came up with this on their own.

The midwest is fucked.
    Fify

The disconnect is huge.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

The real problem is the outsized importance America has put on the ability to throw a ball.

There's a text chain between the coaches and all of the parents where this information was reThat said, WWMD? Do I snitch?
    Maybe add to the chain that the downside of getting caught cheating would be disqualification.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

t..I respond that "thanks for the heads up, we're vaccinated so it won't be a problem."
    So have they asked for a screen shot of your vax card for them all to share yet?

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Fify

The disconnect is huge.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    I can think of multiple businesses in Minneapolis where voluntary mask wearing is close to 100%, and was when old goat was there. It’s all cultural.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    At least the county dropped the isolation requirement to 5 days yesterday, just so people can get back to work to serve the vacationers. Meanwhile the county closed all their offices to avoid a "Super Spreader Event" while not instituting a mask mandate or doing anything else.
    Same here. Our county library closed to prevent the spread of at least 1 case every century. Meanwhile ever bar is jammed full, every night. The whole thing is so ridiculous at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The real problem is the outsized importance America has put on the ability to throw a ball.
    Shit, the average American wage slave, male or female or in between, can throw a ball better than most Europeans or South Americans. It's certainly something we're better at than the rest of the world. Maybe the only thing.

Mask wearing in both Sacramento and Truckee in stores is very high, depending on the neighborhood in Sac, and on the kind of store. In Sac I've been in three HD's--universal masks in one, no masks in one, and 50-50 in one. The no mask was in the ritziest neighborhood.

Shit, the average American wage slave, male or female or in between, can throw a ball better than most Europeans or South Americans. It's certainly something we're better at than the rest of the world. Maybe the only thing..
    Could that be cuz American foot ball is only played in America ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I was thinking more along the lines of all the money thrown at it, thus incentivizing shenanigans.

Buddy I worked with took his kids f'tba team to an away game to cover for a coach who couldn't make it, was told these are the rules so he follows suspends player for the usual drinking ect and got shit for following the rules, shenanigans are part of the game

the funny part was he told me some parent giving him grief asking if he had any idea what he was doing to which buddy replied "yes i have played the game"

buddy has a greycup ring
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I do find this ironic:

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    This^^^

Given the situation you described, the decision I would be making is whether or not to encourage a son what is almost certain to be a spreader event
    ( at home, the early spread of covid was associated with a hockey tournament, a Fourth of July parade (2020), and a volleyball tournament.

I would include a son in the decision process, and if the decision is to opt-Out, encourage the coach to do the same with the team.

If you have documentation the tournament organizers are actively encouraging people to break the law, that is a small dilemma
    ( falsification of vaccination is a Federal felony )

do what you have got to do -

Can you effectively isolate any family members involved at the basketball tournament for five days ( or more ) ? ??

This is a great learning experience for your son - And for you.

good luck. tj

Mask wearing in both Sacramento and Truckee in stores is very high, depending on the neighborhood in Sac, and on the kind of store. In Sac I've been in three HD's--universal masks in one, no masks in one, and 50-50 in one. The no mask was in the ritziest neighborhood.
    Can confirm: have been in a premium car dealership in SAC (rhymes with Bercedes Menz) many times since covid began and, while all the lowly grunts that meet and greet outside are fully masked, it's 25% at best inside among the upper class staff (sales staff pretty much 0%).

Shit, the average American wage slave, male or female or in between, can throw a ball better than most Europeans or South Americans. It's certainly something we're better at than the rest of the world. Maybe the only thing.
    But those Aussie punters tho!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Could that be cuz American foot ball is only played in America ?
    And baseball--although there is of course baseball in some places in Latin America and Asia. And I guess there's cricket but that's a ridiculous way to throw a ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of all the money thrown at it, thus incentivizing shenanigans.
    I know, I changed the subject on you, because let's face it, both antivaxers and the corruption of American HS and college sports are Borrrring.

Loudest one doxxed to the Jan 6th Capital Riot photos... Going from Rikers to Leavenworth!

Got the Rona. Feel like shit. Anecdotal data points: fully vaxxed last shot 8 months ago and didn’t have the booster yet. Pfizer.

Doc thinks Delta not Omicron.

Sending vibes to anyone else with this as I haven’t read this thread in forever. And fuck you to misinformation spreading troglodytes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Got the Rona. Feel like shit. Anecdotal data points: fully vaxxed last shot 8 months ago and didn’t have the booster yet. Pfizer.

Doc thinks Delta not Omicron.

Sending vibes to anyone else with this as I haven’t read this thread in forever. And fuck you to misinformation spreading troglodytes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That sucks, hope you get better quickly. Were you just waiting on a booster or felt you didn't need it? I'm asking because I have family members who keep saying they are "only at 8 months from their last shot so..." and I got my booster around 6.5 months after the 2nd dose...anyhow, maybe just scarcity of shots or is it something else. Seems like the recommendation is for a booster 6 months after 2nd dose...