Page 773 of 929 FirstFirst ... 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 ... LastLast
Results 19,301 to 19,325 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

written communication can be ,,, creative
    ( it's interesting the criticism that draws ).

skiJ
    Honest question: how did you come up with the style of “writing” and why did you decide to butcher the English language?

2nd question: do you know anyone else on this earth that writes like this?

3rd: do you think people actually enjoy reading this style of writing?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I tried the Googles for German Health Care Policy and did not find anything to validate what I posted. One article did mention the new government will be voting on much stricter restrictions. While I would agree that health care is a basic human right (thinking smokers and fatties) under extreme conditions (no ICU beds) I think it fair they and the non vaccinated go to the end of the health care line.
    Should drinkers also go to the back of the healthcare line? Should an anorexic teenager with heart problems from not eating be treated better than an obese teenager with complications from type 2 diabetes caused by genetics and over eating? What about skiers injured taking big risks? People who attempt suicide and survive with injuries/health problems? Pot smokers?

People who get covid while traveling during pandemic?

I kind of think antivaxxers should go to the back of the line, and with things like organ transplants current health and likelihood of a person taking care of themselves is taken into account. All in all, though,, its pretty ridiculous to think that its fair to judge someone's right to access healthcare based on if they are a "fattie" or if they smoke cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    Should drinkers also go to the back of the healthcare line? Should an anorexic teenager with heart problems from not eating be treated better than an obese teenager with complications from type 2 diabetes caused by genetics and over eating? What about skiers injured taking big risks? People who attempt suicide and survive with injuries/health problems? Pot smokers?

I kind of think antivaxxers should go to the back of the line, and with things like organ transplants current health and likelihood of a person taking care of themselves is taken into account. All in all, though,, its pretty ridiculous to think that its fair to judge someone's right to access healthcare based on if they are a "fattie" or if they smoke cigarettes.
    Is there a widely available FREE vaccine that makes those ailments 95% less likely to require hospitalization?

I'll wait while you check..

If there was and they refused to take it then yes, absolutely end of the line...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post

No one here gives a flying fuck what you think, JONG. And what SJG said.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Is there a widely available FREE vaccine that makes those ailments 95% less likely to require hospitalization?

I'll wait while you check..
    Can smokers stop smoking, skiers stop skiing, fatties stop fatting, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    Can smokers stop smoking, skiers stop skiing, fatties stop fatting, etc?
    There's a pretty immediate fix to prevent COVID hospitalization.. Not so much for those things.. and the healthcare system's built to handle that already.. If there was a magic shot to reduce the need for 95% of them to go to the hospital and they refused to take it definitely put them at the end of the line behind you anti vax idiots..

Might as well say people shouldn't ski or bike, especially road bike or motorcycles.. Add swimming to the list of risky activates.. at the top.

Smoking is actually a much better parallel for mask use. Both smoking and unmasked in a pandemic are exhaling potential poison on others. Every place smoking is not allowed, masks should be required.. Executive order that shit..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    There's a pretty immediate fix to prevent COVID hospitalization.. Not so much for those things.. and the healthcare system's built to handle that already.. If there was a magic shot to reduce the need for 95% of them to go to the hospital and they refused to take it definitely put them at the end of the line behind you anti vax idiots..
    Pretty quick, easy and cheap to stop skiing. The healthcare system (and all of our insurance rates) will expand to accommodate endemic COVID, just as it previously expanded to accommodate the rise in smokers and fatties. My entire family is thrice-vaxxed.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I tried the Googles for German Health Care Policy and did not find anything to validate what I posted. One article did mention the new government will be voting on much stricter restrictions. While I would agree that health care is a basic human right (thinking smokers and fatties) under extreme conditions (no ICU beds) I think it fair they and the non vaccinated go to the end of the health care line.
    Yeah there's no such thing going on in Germany... they have tight vaccine mandates and tougher being discussed but not removing healthcare coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Honest question: how did you come up with the style of “writing” and why did you decide to butcher the English language?

unusual style I would agree but I always understand skiJ

while I almost never understand skifishbum so i guess

in any case they make my writing look better
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I don’t think anyone should be denied care. We need universal coverage in this country and going down that road makes that improbable. We all make bad decisions in life.

There’s also the issue of it being against the law to deny care and with our current system that needs to remain sacrosanct.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Doctors already have it hard enough having to manage care in times of overwhelming demand and limited resources. Don’t make it harder by putting the onus on them to decide who is living well enough to get what level of care.

That does happen in limited situations (does a hardcore long-standing alcoholic with liver failure qualify for a transplant? Where do they go on the donor list - do you put them ahead of someone whose’s liver failed because of cancer etc?)

We can talk tough on a population level. But families get their lawyers on the phone when it comes down to an individual patient level - and at that point society isn’t there for that lone doctor and the years long complaint and lawsuit process.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    No one here gives a flying fuck what you think, JONG. And what SJG said.
    And the echo chamber rolls on.....

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    We can talk tough on a population level. But families get their lawyers on the phone when it comes down to an individual patient level - and at that point society isn’t there for that lone doctor and the years long complaint and lawsuit process.
    Perceived scarcity always brings out 'the worthy' rationing talk. The Right's entire ethos is built upon it.

Understand the frustration but I don't think we are ready for that problematic option here so it's not worth too much of our brain space. Let's face it - extremely unlikely to ration care to the unvax'd. US Healthcare will be doled out as it always is: dependent upon your means & who you know.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I don’t think anyone should be denied care. We need universal coverage in this country and going down that road makes that improbable. We all make bad decisions in life.

There’s also the issue of it being against the law to deny care and with our current system that needs to remain sacrosanct.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fine then put them in a parking lot tent with all the horse dewormer they can swallow..

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    And the echo chamber rolls on.....
    Wait wut? Me not wanting to entertain the inanities of a newb JONG is evidence to you of an echo chamber? As Spock would say, fascinating…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Buzz. -
    You've been on Ignore for a while now.
    " Honest question" : what have I written that you believe 'butchers the English language' ?

I made some adjustments in how I write -here- a few months ago, Because some of what I write, I hope has merit.
    Some of it is just ventilation.

If XXX- doesn't quote your post,
    I don't see it.
    You are welcome to skip my posts, too

( I understnd I don't use enough profanity to entertain ;
    that is rarely why I am here. )

If you think using the word 'Unvaccinated' instead of a pronoun 'butchers the English languuage,

I apologize ... I am not-sorry.

Sincerely. tj

Buckle up.. Omicron has jumped the shark. Next up, Deltacron! Er umm not really.. Next up IHU?

A new coronavirus variant nicknamed "Deltacron" has been discovered in Cyprus, local media reported on Saturday.

The variant has a similar genetic background to the Delta variant, as well as some of the mutations from Omicron, explained Dr. Leondios Kostrikis, the head of the laboratory of biotechnology and molecular virology at the University of Cyprus, according to the Cyprus Mail.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ehp&li=BBnb7Kz

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post

2nd question: do you know anyone else on this earth that writes like this?

I really wish that our periodic entreaties would get through to skiJ. It really does seem like he can make a positive contribution to the discussion, but the "style" he's chosen just causes many of us to scroll on by without reading his posts at all.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I really wish that our periodic entreaties would get through to skiJ. It really does seem like he can make a positive contribution to the discussion, but the "style" he's chosen just causes many of us to scroll on by without reading his posts at all.
    I dunno. At this point he has half the forum on ignore because he eschews opposing points of view. The direct interactions I’ve had with him have been….bizarre. I don’t fully understand what he’s here for.

He writes “creatively” but we are clearly not his audience, as he maintains repeatedly that he has the ability to write professionally but doesn’t because fuck everybody else. For all his protestations about profanity, at this point I read every queerly formatted post as a fuck you to the rest of the board as I scroll past.

Rumor has it he’s a cool, legit dude IRL and I believe it. Some folk just don’t translate online.
    focus.

the few times I've read through a skiJ post I've mostly agreed with what he's said

but now it's an immediate scroll past any of his posts

it's become a reflex that happens without conscious thought - I've scrolled past before I even realize it

^^^same

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I dunno. At this point he has half the forum on ignore because he eschews opposing points of view. The direct interactions I’ve had with him have been….bizarre. I don’t fully understand what he’s here for.

He writes “creatively” but we are clearly not his audience, as he maintains repeatedly that he has the ability to write professionally but doesn’t because fuck everybody else. For all his protestations about profanity, at this point I read every queerly formatted post as a fuck you to the rest of the board as I scroll past.

Rumor has it he’s a cool, legit dude IRL and I believe it. Some folk just don’t translate online.
    The one that gets me is “I’m writing conversationally”.

Who the fuck talks like this?? No one.

I don’t put people on ignore unless they are just a useless troll. He seems to have a lot to say but damn it’s ridiculous to try and read.

It’s laughable. Whatever mr spaces and parentheses.

" Honest question" : what have I written that you believe 'butchers the English language' ?

If XXX- doesn't quote your post,
    I don't see it.

If you think using the word 'Unvaccinated' instead of a pronoun 'butchers the English languuage,

I apologize ... I am not-sorry.

Sincerely. tj
    Things like the double line break after a comma make it hard to read your text. It's certainly not impossible, I read many of your posts when I come across them. And I don't think there's anything wrong with some creative writing, including spacing and adding lines.

But some people don't have the patience to listen to people who are slow to speak, or stutter, or struggle to form certain words. This is similar, and in this case people are saying they are interested in what you have to say but struggle too much with the punctuation. You have made your posts easier to read, but it's still a struggle as opposed to using fewer random line breaks.

Of course too little punctuation is also hard to read, like fastfred. Or XXXer who you seem to be rubbing off on.

Buzz. -
    You've been on Ignore for a while now.

I understand I don't use enough profanity to entertain. That is rarely why I am here.
    Sweet.
    Oh I do. Last one caught my attention and figured I’d engage to see why you are so odd.
    Why are you actually here???