Page 771 of 929 FirstFirst ... 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 ... LastLast
Results 19,251 to 19,275 of 23206
    This is an important message from Summit County/Park City Emergency Alerts

Summit County has implemented a face-covering order in response to the Omicron surge. Beginning January 7, 2022, all individuals living within or visiting Summit County, Utah, regardless of vaccination status, must wear face-coverings while inside public indoor facilities or waiting in lines. This Order begins at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, January 7, 2022 and is currently in effect until 5 p.m. on February 21, 2022.

I wonder what this means for lift lines, and gonjola occupancy???
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

I bet Fin du Monde is selling well these days
    Heh yeah solid reference.

Of course he didn’t die at home - he died in hospital. So he took up a bed. Maybe helped cancel a cancer surgery for one of your loved ones. Maybe exposed some nurses and doctors so they have to be off sick and their colleagues have to do double shifts to look after other fat crazy losers like this.
    Last edited by bennymac; 01-07-2022 at 03:50 PM.

You can't make this shit up. And I'm not referring to the quote in the article title which is bad enough.

After disparaging the vaccine and claiming mouthwash kills covid, Johnson says he "continued to be amazed at the resistance to anything that might reduce the severity of COVID-19 symptoms". You mean, like the vaccine? Asshole

https://www.newsweek.com/senator-ron...-camps-1657985

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    You can't make this shit up. And I'm not referring to the quote in the article title which is bad enough.

After disparaging the vaccine and claiming mouthwash kills covid, Johnson says he "continued to be amazed at the resistance to anything that might reduce the severity of COVID-19 symptoms". You mean, like the vaccine? Asshole

https://www.newsweek.com/senator-ron...-camps-1657985
    You know I think I'll make my own informed opinion about where and when I can shoot my gun. It's my individual 2nd amendment right and shall not be infringed. BANG BANG anywhere I want not intentionally aimed at others.. FREEDOM! Walking around a crowd without a mask, same thing. Folks should protect themselves from falling bullets and COVID breath if they're worried about that. I'm not..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

So we're in the 100 employee mandate and we have one employee who has been with us for 35+ years saying he's going to quit if he has to get tested and wear a mask and another long term is taking and unscheduled vacation to start. Overall we have around 15 people unvaxxed out of 105. A couple have mentioned possibly getting vaxxed instead of going thru the testing and masking. I suppose that is the goal of this mandate, but I'm not sure it's going to work.

As much as I'm pro vaccination, I'm not sure I agree with this mandate. We have to allow employees time to go get tested every week and we need to log all the info and just deal with it. We're a small company, like most, understaffed as it is. We are also specialty whereas it takes years to learn the intricacies of the business, not difficult per se, just a lot to learn. So just canning an long term employee is cutting off your nose despite your face.

I'm just not sure I agree with 100+ employee thing. Should it be all businesses? There is obviously a big difference between a 100, 1000, 10000, etc employee company and the resources to handle a new mandate such as this. I don't know...I just wish all the kooks would just get the gawd damn shot!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    We have to allow employees time to go get tested every week
    I’d look into that - I don’t think the time to take the test is on the clock. (This might vary state to state)…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

We have to allow employees time to go get tested every week and we need to log all the info and just deal with it.
    Devil's avocado: the employees who are being shitheads about getting vax'd are causing the need for testing. But totally agree - so called mandate does create hardships and (by design) friction. To me, it's a tool you only reach for when you're out of options.

Your line of work is probably different that mine; someone who is 35+ years at a company and willing to leave over this, I'll just say I question their judgment and usefulness. I have bigger shit to worry about than babysitting adults.

As much as I loathe the HR team… They have had a tough time the past two years. HR has to bear the brunt of all this bullshit. I don’t envy those folks; dealing with all the changing requirements, keeping logs of peoples medical info, constantly being asked questions as if they are infectious disease experts, having to read and deny bullshit religious accommodations / vaccine exceptions requests…

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Don't look now but those SCOTUS judges who belong to that church famous for excommunicating scientists like Galileo appear to be leaning towards striking down the mandates... in spite of a mountain of precedent where vaccine and other public health mandates have been bulletproof at that judicial level.

Not a lawyer (no shit) but isn't the question whether or not OSHA has the jurisdiction to mandate vaccines, not whether or not vaccines are a good thing or mandates are legal?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Not a lawyer (no shit) but isn't the question whether or not OSHA has the jurisdiction to mandate vaccines, not whether or not vaccines are a good thing or mandates are legal?
    It's Biden's Executive Order..

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtoo...e-mandate.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yes.

NYT- "Justices Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh suggested that the governing statute had not authorized the agency to impose the mandate clearly enough"

The question of mandates for healthcare workers funded by .gov is a different issue on firmer ground w a solid history of vaccinations being required.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post

NYT- "Justices Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh suggested that the governing statute had not authorized the agency to impose the mandate clearly enough"

Plus Amy Covid Barrett makes at least three..

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/winds...ovid-1.6307648

smuggling Invermectin into an ICU
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post

Your line of work is probably different that mine; someone who is 35+ years at a company and willing to leave over this, I'll just say I question their judgment and usefulness. I have bigger shit to worry about than babysitting adults.
    Absolutely. We are blue collar and deal with repeat blue collar customers. We sell to industrial, commercial, and residential contractors. Primarily residential in most of our markets. Many of our customers are probably anti vaxxers too...well, definitely. It's a tough situation for me to look at objectively. These people are nice people, but just so caught up in conspiracies and flat out lies. Once I get beyond being pissed, I just back up and become sad because there is nothing I can do about it. Their minds are what they are and I cannot change them.

I got notified last night a client I met with (all masked & vaxxed/boosted) this week tested positive.
    Ugh. Gonna test in a couple days. No symptoms yet; hoping I’ve dodged it. But my kid woke up feeling shitty. He wasn’t at the meeting, but he’s been at school all week.
    OR caseloads have made records each day this week going from under 3k/day to over 10k/day in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Don't look now but those SCOTUS judges who belong to that church famous for excommunicating scientists like Galileo appear to be leaning towards striking down the mandates... in spite of a mountain of precedent where vaccine and other public health mandates have been bulletproof at that judicial level.
    Plus that Moran Gorsuch said during oral arguments that the flu kills “hundreds of thousands of Americans each year”……Narrator: It does not. We’re doomed.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Apparently Gorsuch refuses to wear a mask. The Court limits spectators to reporters and clerks they all have to wear N95's. Sotomayor still attends remotely because she's diabetic. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...gorsuchs-mask/

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Apparently Gorsuch refuses to wear a mask. The Court limits spectators to reporters and clerks they all have to wear N95's. Sotomayor still attends remotely because she's diabetic. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...gorsuchs-mask/
    What a colossal asshole.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Legislating from the bench, blame Trump.

Absolutely. We are blue collar and deal with repeat blue collar customers. We sell to industrial, commercial, and residential contractors. Primarily residential in most of our markets. Many of our customers are probably anti vaxxers too...well, definitely. It's a tough situation for me to look at objectively. These people are nice people, but just so caught up in conspiracies and flat out lies. Once I get beyond being pissed, I just back up and become sad because there is nothing I can do about it. Their minds are what they are and I cannot change them.
    This sounds like the situation my biggest client is facing. As overwhelming as the evidence is, it just doesn't matter to some people. Some of these guys literally say they won't listen to numbers because "numbers can be made up." They don't even bother to cherry pick nonsense.

I know too many who went into their cocoons as simple, obstinate morons and emerged political martyrs thanks to any talk of mandates. It's the excuse they needed and it came just about the time their stupidity was becoming most obvious. The "excuse" wasn't really needed, of course, but the morale bump from a new rallying cry certainly was. Last summer they were wearing down. Now they look forward to a supreme court decision as if it could be a scientific breakthrough. Now they hit reply-all and air their grievances to what's left of the company every time HR sends an email about the test plan. (Seriously, HR: you can't bcc "everyone"?) They're fearless warriors for truth now.

So we're in the 100 employee mandate and we have one employee who has been with us for 35+ years saying he's going to quit if he has to get tested and wear a mask and another long term is taking and unscheduled vacation to start. Overall we have around 15 people unvaxxed out of 105. A couple have mentioned possibly getting vaxxed instead of going thru the testing and masking. I suppose that is the goal of this mandate, but I'm not sure it's going to work.

As much as I'm pro vaccination, I'm not sure I agree with this mandate. We have to allow employees time to go get tested every week and we need to log all the info and just deal with it. We're a small company, like most, understaffed as it is. We are also specialty whereas it takes years to learn the intricacies of the business, not difficult per se, just a lot to learn. So just canning an long term employee is cutting off your nose despite your face.

I'm just not sure I agree with 100+ employee thing. Should it be all businesses? There is obviously a big difference between a 100, 1000, 10000, etc employee company and the resources to handle a new mandate such as this. I don't know...I just wish all the kooks would just get the gawd damn shot!!
    I’m there with you. We’re stuck in this damned if we do, damned if we don’t situation with the mandate. While part of me wants it to happen so we can just conflict it out to resolution, it’s not like we don’t already have our hands full with everything else going on in re: the pandemic; to the point that we have to remind ourselves sometimes what the business even actually is. I don’t think weekly testing is tenable, really.

We can decide all we want that testing costs and time aren’t borne by us, but at the end of the day if we’re relying on unvaxxed staff to do a job or open a location and they don’t/can’t come up with the wherewithal to comply with the weekly testing requirement, we aren’t doing our business any favors if we aren’t prepared to help them manage that. These often aren’t the brightest and the best we are talking about, here.

Ultimately, I think the choice is non-compliance with the mandate or taking it a step further and just requiring the vaccine. Maybe it takes a few months or a year to grind that out, but I have a hard time seeing it not end up there for most.
    focus.

Would be a lot worse of a lot of people get sick and the company shuts down.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Would be a lot worse of a lot of people get sick and the company shuts down.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    In practice, particularly with omicron, vaxxed or not doesn’t have much practical impact in how we respond.
    focus.