Page 719 of 929 FirstFirst ... 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 ... LastLast
Results 17,951 to 17,975 of 23206
    Even this noted liberal rag is going all in on the abysmal testing situation in the USA 2+ years into this and counting into the pandemic. See who gets the blame.

https://gizmodo.com/white-house-mock...e-c-1848171363

"The Biden administration announced a plan last week to reimburse people for the costs of rapid covid-19 tests through insurance, but there are an estimated 28 million Americans without health insurance of any kind. And on Monday the White House press pool wanted to know why a complicated rebate scheme was being implemented when the U.S. could just follow the lead of other countries and make the tests free."

“Why not just make them free and give them out and have them available everywhere?” the reporter asked.

“Should we just send one to every American?” Psaki said, dripping with disdain for a good idea.

“Maybe,” the reporter replied.

“Then what happens if every American has one test? How much does that cost and then what happens after that?” Psaki said, thinking she’d someone gotten the upper hand.

I agree that we dropped the ball on testing as a tool, at least from a messaging POV if nothing else. But I have free/easy drive through testing available, not sure if that is the case elsewhere (but it should be). And not sure how many people know about it.

And agree that at-home tests should be free and widely available and widely promoted.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How are we 2+ years into this? Is this asspan math? Covids over, right dildo?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    How are we 2+ years into this? Is this asspan math? Covids over, right dildo?
    Add something to the conversation for once or GTFO.

Simple math not your strong suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Even this noted liberal rag is going all in on the abysmal testing situation in the USA 2+ years into this and counting into the pandemic. See who gets the blame.

"The Biden administration announced a plan last week to reimburse people for the costs of rapid covid-19 tests through insurance, but there are an estimated 28 million Americans without health insurance of any kind. And on Monday the White House press pool wanted to know why a complicated rebate scheme was being implemented when the U.S. could just follow the lead of other countries and make the tests free."

“Why not just make them free and give them out and have them available everywhere?” the reporter asked.

“Should we just send one to every American?” Psaki said, dripping with disdain for a good idea.

“Then what happens if every American has one test? How much does that cost and then what happens after that?” Psaki said, thinking she’d someone gotten the upper hand.
    problem is, not EVERY American needs one, just the MAGA morons do
    I just went to a friends celebration of life for his wife
    both antivaxxers, she died of covid-19, he survived

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I agree that we dropped the ball on testing as a tool, at least from a messaging POV if nothing else. But I have free/easy drive through testing available, not sure if that is the case elsewhere (but it should be). And not sure how many people know about it.

And agree that at-home tests should be free and widely available and widely promoted.
    I agree on the testing front, but I think part of the issue with testing was that we had no interest in contact tracing when this thing started up. Basically a free for all to get back into the country and then it spread like wildfire. By the time the administration at the time took notice it was too late and contact tracing was impossible. So you get a positive test and you just isolate, which is fine, but the way other countries do it, by combining contact tracing, gets to a better outcome. I feel like that's missing from Asspans post.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

At least in urban areas free testing is relatively easy to get, but not necessarily convenient. It certainly would be an improvement if anyone could simply get a free test they could take at home.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    At least in urban areas free testing is relatively easy to get, but not necessarily convenient. It certainly would be an improvement if anyone could simply get a free test they could take at home.
    The home tests are great for peace of mind. They're pretty worthless for actual documentation though. No way to verify who was swabbed or when with the home tests unless professionally administered live online streaming. My kid had to do that first year of college.. perform the test in a conference call and seal the packaging to mail them so it was harder to use a proxy.

What home tests are good for is to decided whether or not you need to go get in line to take a formal clinic administered test. A home test won't and shouldn't be valid documentation for admission to concerts, public transport, the workplace etc..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    A home test won't and shouldn't be valid documentation for admission to concerts, public transport, the workplace etc..
    Yes, agreed, unless proctored.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Damn.

If only there had been leadership for the first year of this that could have donee something about testing availability.

Oh well, blame Biden.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Proctored, or not, home tests are only 80-85% reliable at best. Lots of false negatives when infection is in early stages and asymptomatic. Best to go to a facility to get tested with PCR test.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Step 1: deny COVID is an issue
    Step 2: obstruct all COVID mitigation measures
    Step 3: occasionally adopt liberal (adult?) position that we could be doing more given the challenges from Step 1 & Step 2
    Step 4: victory dance for pwning ppl for not fixing problem we created

Great plan if you don't die or care about other ppl dying.

Add something to the conversation for once or GTFO.
    The flex gets you off, doesn’t it useless asshole? I mean fauci could have been developing it in his zombie beagles for decades! Just waiting for people to get dumb enough, addicted to their tribalism, he could wipe ‘em out. And he timed it right!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    But I have free/easy drive through testing available, not sure if that is the case elsewhere (but it should be). And not sure how many people know about it.
    I live in elsewhere. I've needed a test twice for possible casual contact. Both times the drug store shelves were empty, the online delivery times were well beyond the incubation timeframe, and the (only at the time) local testing site was by medical referral only (and booked solid). That was before vaccines were available, and it's much easier now, but still. And even though I'm in a small town, it's only about an hour from (metro) Seattle. That doesn't really seem good enough for a country that's supposedly great again.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Sewage surveillance in two CA cities (but not others), Merced and Sackatomatoes, detects omicron.

https://www.kqed.org/news/11898161/s...vKDRW-blH3vOuw

By me, PCR testing is available most days of the week, but inconvenient with a 2-5 day turnaround. Sometimes have to wait a day to get a pcr test. The pcr tests can give a false positive if you were recently infected and past the contagious period. For kid’s, that can result in missing a full week of school because of a possible close contact or having a mild cold. My kids have missed two weeks so far. One time this fall, we had to drive to truckee for a test h appointment (the fastest drive with a guarantee appt), which is 1.5 hrs round trip.

Some of the rapid antigen tests can also give false positive. Some friends experienced this while doing the right thing while driving to their large family thanksgiving holiday gathering. Two false positives, cancel plans, go home, get a pcr test, isolate for multiple days waiting for results, and results came back negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Fuck seatbelts! I want titanium bones.
    Oh yeah!
    Fuck yeah, Murica!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Testing is not cheap.

The price for 1 dose of COVID vaccine is about the same price as an antigen test or some of the cheaper rapid molecular tests (IDNow). But you never get the bill for any of these.

You can give 3 doses of vaccine for less than the price of a PCR.

People under vaccine mandate who got their vaccine waivers are required to test 2x/week. They can do this on the taxpayer's dime. Think about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

If you want to eat the biggest schnitzel in all of Germany at the table, proof of vax AND recent negative test must be shown at the door.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	263842997_4645776535469239_2906186058597318244_n.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	395731
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Testing is not cheap.

The price for 1 dose of COVID vaccine is about the same price as an antigen test or some of the cheaper rapid molecular tests (IDNow). But you never get the bill for any of these.

You can give 3 doses of vaccine for less than the price of a PCR.

People under vaccine mandate who got their vaccine waivers are required to test 2x/week. They can do this on the taxpayer's dime. Think about that.
    Good argument for mandates with no exceptions.

I got free rapid tests from the state of CO delivered to me last week, and a couple more from blue cross.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    If you want to eat the biggest schnitzel in all of Germany at the table, proof of vax AND recent negative test must be shown at the door.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	263842997_4645776535469239_2906186058597318244_n.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	395731
    Why would anyone want that much schnitzel in one sitting??? And Jägerschnitzel is the best schnitzel.

Walgreens had free testing in LAX.

Results in 24 hours.

Free testing was available in Santa Monica on the pier but I'm not sure of the quality of those - they did promise 24 hour results.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Walgreens had free testing in LAX.

Results in 24 hours.

Free testing was available in Santa Monica on the pier but I'm not sure of the quality of those - they did promise 24 hour results.
    Did it come with free fentanyl?

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    problem is, not EVERY American needs one, just the MAGA morons do
    I just went to a friends celebration of life for his wife
    both antivaxxers, she died of covid-19, he survived
    We can all agree at this point that vaccinated individuals can experience a breakthrough infection where they can get COVID, and transmit it to others. This would include EVERY American, hoss. This isn't a point of contention anymore. Sorry about your friend.

At home testing isn't for concerts or international travel, but it has many beneficial uses. This is for members of society to have the option of an instant test to determine whether to attend that social function or not by letting the individual make an adult decision without intervention of the nanny state.

This would help stop the spread, which I thought was the goal still?

Yep, arguing that the rapid tests aren't 100% effective is tantamount to complaining that vaccines aren't 100% effective. We don't need absolute perfection for something to be effective.