Page 869 of 929 FirstFirst ... 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 ... LastLast
Results 21,701 to 21,725 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I had a bad sore throat the past few days and tested negative (PCR). There are a lot of other bugs out there.
    Same here. Bad sore throat, cough, fever, congestion since Sat/Sun. 2 neg PCRs. I would have sworn it was Covid. Possibly the flu...

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You guys are hard core, man. Cut nickels sound like they'd have at least 4 points. Probably sharp.
    Canadian nickels really did have points. Twelve of them. I had one in my coin collection when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Same here. Bad sore throat, cough, fever, congestion since Sat/Sun. 2 neg PCRs. I would have sworn it was Covid. Possibly the flu...
    This crud seems to be in SLC areas as well. Several people I know have the same.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Canadian nickels really did have points. Twelve of them. I had one in my coin collection when I was a kid.
    I just can't believe it took this long to realize: I only need to carry 4 when I go to Canada. The weight savings alone will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The weight savings alone
    I have a friend in Vancouver who liked to participate in focus groups. In our younger/poorer days I joined him at the ones offering free food (and one time a free beer). He told me that when he attended the 'should there be a $5 coin, and what should it look like?' group, the participants were livid. Like, "if that happens, we'll storm the capitol! ...well, if our pockets weren't so damn heavy"

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Well Leroy, a three minute search sez you are full of shit (quelle surprise!)

You’re off by a factor of 10. The DOD-managed contract results in a cost to taxpayers of like $4 to $5.25 per test.
    https://khn.org/news/article/what-ar...ment-wont-say/
    https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news...id-tests-cost/

You been in Central OR lately Leroy? Thought I saw your vehicle
    Attachment 416090
    Cool, I'm wrong about something.

The sun will rise tomorrow. Inflation is still at 8.5%.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Cool, I'm wrong about alotta fuggin things but I post my bullshit anyway.
    FIFY

Joined the 50+ 4th dose club this weekend.

CVS has group appointments available now and it is super slick. Once at store no paperwork needs to be completed. All three of us went into a room and walked out 2 minutes later with the shot.

Summer covid wave has arrived in the midwest. Lots of people positive at wife's office.

SO doctor wanted her to get 4th dose because of meds she takes that compromise her immune system. She is not 50 but CVS has a slick immune compromised option for her to check during online registration then no additional questions asked.

12 year old daughter eligible for the man sized 30mcg Pfizer first dose booster on top of her pint sized 10 mcg initial child approved 2 dose series.

My instinct tells me the shot for me was unnecessary. I did not have any symptoms or test positive when the wife and (probably)daughter had covid in early January or my 19 yo stepson had covid and was down and the fuck out for 2 weeks in late February. I did it because the SO wanted me to get it and I don't see any significant downside.

Daughter came home from school with stomach cramps but went to soccer tonight. I had the usual sore joints. Very minor sore arm that is now gone at 28 hours post shot.

This adds Pfizer to our 3 Moderna to broaden our IR as much as possible.

My 70 year old friend and her 75 year husband are moving from Truckee down to Reno because his Parkinson's is getting worse and worse and their house is a nightmare of stairs. So her daughter flies out to help and promptly is bad covid--not hospitalized, as of yesterday had improved a little on Paxlovid. My friends are still ok but for how long. Everybody with 4 shots. So now my friend instead of getting help moving is taking care of her daughter and her seriously disabled husband who never did anything around the house to begin with.

Paxlovid rebound is real, unfortunately.

CDC changes recommendation for 50 plus from eligible to recommended.

https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/15...-y9w4-Z4w&s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    CDC changes recommendation for 50 plus from eligible to recommended.

https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/15...-y9w4-Z4w&s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Covid hospitalizations 50-64..............interpret that however you want. But I bet 90% of the hospitalizations are very near the top end of the age spectrum in this graph.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 6.57.21 AM.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	416910

I agree with you on this. Just retweeting without bias.

I did end up getting the shot though. Not sure I could defend the decision to anyone else but I found my own justifications to be good enough reason.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 05-20-2022 at 07:46 AM.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...ster-acip.html

revised vaccination recommendations without the Twitter graphics -

15,000 hospitalizations in children,
    180 deaths in children.

boosters authorized for anyone over age 5years ;
    second boosters authorized for anyone over 50.

Please get your boosters

skiJ

Kid said classes were more empty this week after prom…
    He’s been coughing/phlegmy & took a covid test when he came home just cuz it made him nervous. Negative thus far…
    90% of the kids mask in HS per my kid

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/covidnet/covid19_5.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COVID-NET_AssociatedHospitalizationsImage.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	210.2 KB 
ID:	416924

50-64 does not appear to be the predominant demographic ; that still appears to be elderly...
    hospitalizations in those 18-49 is not-insignificant. it's actually greater than hospitalizations in the 50 - 64 group --
    ( childhood hospitalizations are not insignificant )

good luck.

Please get your boosters. skiJ
    Last edited by skiJ; 05-20-2022 at 10:02 AM.

It's plastered all over the news that boosters are authorized now for 5-11, but zero details on how to get them or when you will be able to get them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's plastered all over the news that boosters are authorized now for 5-11, but zero details on how to get them or when you will be able to get them.
    Saw something that the CDC director just needs to sign off on em. Then details.
    That was yesterday though.

Edit: just got email from Utah Covid saying to click on so and so link to find a provider and schedule it. 🤷🏻♂️
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 05-20-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Saw something that the CDC director just needs to sign off on em. Then details.
    That was yesterday though.

Edit: just got email from Utah Covid saying to click on so and so link to find a provider and schedule it. 🤷🏻♂️
    They’re available through our local site as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    90% of the kids mask in HS per my kid
    Wow. Where are you?

Most kids I see getting off the bus keep their masks on walking home. Some don't but nobody cares. Kids get it.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

The two schools my kids are at, elementary and middle in Seattle, are still mostly all masking. Never really stopped when they dropped the mandate. I think a lot of families were keeping it up to ensure they could go on their spring break. Then ba. 2 happened and it would have been foolish to stop then so here we are. We've managed to dodge it so far and my wife works in a hospital so hoping to keep that trend going.

Very little masking here. I still do when I go in stores. And thing#3 has AAU basketball finishing this weekend.

Masks in stores, etc is maybe 1 in 10 here, but per my friends with kids, it's still a solid majority at schools in the city. Out in the county, it's zero for both. 100% political.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Wow. Where are you?
    Portland
    Kids are more committed to safety than adults in this metro area
    I realize that isn’t common across the US

I guess they’ve just accepted it as a thing to deal with — it’s a major part of their lives (but not imposing, if that makes any sense); they don’t know different; it just is