Page 480 of 929 FirstFirst ... 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 ... LastLast
Results 11,976 to 12,000 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    <snip>
    It's like arguing that you shouldn't wear a seat belt because it might trap you in your car if crash into water.
    My sister, a long time ago, used this type of "logic" to not wear a seat belt... fortunately she eventually came around.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    My sister, a long time ago, used this type of "logic" to not wear a seat belt... fortunately she eventually came around.
    Through the windshield?

why isn't anybody talking about the windshield breakthroughs?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    This podcast with the host of This Week in Virology was interesting:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...cD00NzQy?ep=14

Particularly notable that Ivermectin is owned--not just patented, but owned in the sense that they control it completely as a trade secret and no one else can make any--by Merck.

If you're concerned about big pharma and monopoly money you better not be promoting a single source questionable "cure" over proven options in a competitive marketplace. (For those interested, Bret Weinstein has lost it so bad that his brother even called him out on Twitter.)
    This is misinformation

These guys have been manufacturing a generic version since 2014.

http://www.edenbridgepharma.com/news.php

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    What am I missing?
    A functioning left and right hemisphere, to begin with.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I don't get his point. No one here is arguing that vaccines are 100% at preventing any infection. Yes, in a vaccinated person with an active case of COVID-19 there could be mutation, it's just orders of magnitude more likely that mutations happen in the unvaccinated. Regardless, what's his point? that because a vaccinated person can get covid and the virus can mutate that we shouldn't vaccinate? If not, why bring it up at all? Again, everyone here already knows this but he and deeb and others will act like we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Im not sure who’s more anti-science-> those who imply that there is no point in vaccination because it’s not perfect…

Or those who refuse to acknowledge that breakthrough infections could possibly lead to future problems.
    🤷

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    why isn't anybody talking about the windshield breakthroughs?
    Happens rarely with seat belts but it’s all over the news when it does happen casting doubt on seat belts

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I don't get his point. No one here is arguing that vaccines are 100% at preventing any infection. Yes, in a vaccinated person with an active case of COVID-19 there could be mutation, it's just orders of magnitude more likely that mutations happen in the unvaccinated. Regardless, what's his point? that because a vaccinated person can get covid and the virus can mutate that we shouldn't vaccinate? If not, why bring it up at all? Again, everyone here already knows this but he and deeb and others will act like we don't.

his point is simply to pursue an argument and generate responses -

what is worrisome to me(,) is by pursuing this course, he actually encourages positions he claims he does not support
    ( it is not healthy behavior. ) .

he just wants to argue.

good luck.

There is Good information in this thread -
    it is tiring to have to sift through the hypothetical alarms to see it.

Thank you for your efforts.

respectfully. skiJ

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

My grandmother eventually caved on the seatbelt trap fear but never let go of the belief that we needed to keep the doors unlocked in case the rescue people needed to get her out.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Through the windshield?
    Fortunately not...

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Happens rarely with seat belts but it’s all over the news when it does happen casting doubt on seat belts
    I was, of course, joking, but do people actually still argue against seat belts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Holy shit. Link?
    Little buried just now, but I'll take a look this afternoon--feels like I saw it about a week ago, "well, it has come to this...."

This is misinformation

These guys have been manufacturing a generic version since 2014.

http://www.edenbridgepharma.com/news.php
    Thanks! As good as the info is from the TWIV guy I've noticed a couple other things that conflict with what I've heard here (same podcast re: polio vax) and it's good to know he's maybe not 100% reliable when speaking from memory. Like any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I was, of course, joking, but do people actually still argue against seat belts?
    Oh, I have *no* doubt that there are people that will...

This thread is chock full of ad hominem and well poisoning

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Uh oh. Watch out for the usual mob, dog.

This be Adolf Allerbush (fitting name)/bennymac/schuss/99% of this place when anybody suggest there juuuuuuust might be some nuance on any given topic:

Haha you are such a butthurt snowflake.

Denial of reality and facts is not “nuance”. Flat earthers don’t get to cry “nuance!” when they are shown that the earth is indeed round.

Own your mistakes and also stop leaving here to go fill up on anti-science bullshit and right wing headlines (Texas and Florida are doing great! Nothing to see here!)

seat belts are only used because of the peeping noise....
    the big automobile industry wants to keep them users alive..... to sell more cars "muahhhhaaahahahaa"

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Getting tested is such a pain in the ass here. Needed a test last weekend because some one in our house was sick and it took me close to an hour to get a screening appointment set up and then had to drive 30 minutes to get a test a full 24 hours after getting the test, then waited a day for the results.
    Probably been said but will say again - the investment in rapid tests for consumption worldwide is sad. This on top of vaccines (and before vax were available) would’ve made a massive difference and still can.

Not sure of the complexity but you’d think some companies with profit in mind would still be willing to sell this to the government on the cheap for national distribution.

Meanwhile, self-administered ~15 minute wait Covid tests are available in European supermarkets for about $3.50 each.

Attachment 384990
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 09-10-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Haha you are such a butthurt snowflake.

Denial of reality and facts is not “nuance”. Flat earthers don’t get to cry “nuance!” when they are shown that the earth is indeed round.

Own your mistakes and also stop leaving here to go fill up on anti-science bullshit and right wing headlines (Texas and Florida are doing great! Nothing to see here!)

And I know I’m giving the sadtroll exactly what he is looking for here (attention) but since someone quoted him:

Steep - eat shit you spineless fuckstain loser. You’ve learned nothing from your TGR timeout. Go find another corner of the internet to ruin. Maybe make an alias there and have more pathetic conversations with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Meanwhile, self-administered ~15 minute wait Covid tests are available in an European supermarkets for about $3.50 each.

Attachment 384990
    The Abbott Labs Binax were available here for about minute. Wife bought one at Sam's Club. You get two tests in a box for $20 She showed it to me and I went on Amazon to see if they had them. Yep, so I bought one. But, when I heard the updated school policy about being out for any reason without a doctors note requires a COVID test for an excused absence last week I went back to Amazon to buy a couple more... SHIT.. back ordered until November... FUCK!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    i never said it was about vax rates. I clearly said that the jury is still out on how much viral load a vaxxed individual sheds with DELTA....nothing more....I get that a population thats more vaxxed will SHOW more breakthrough cases...people vaxxed can get it, and can give it to other vaxxed people right? yes typically the end result is better if vaxxed, but just seems like a never ending story if we all just keep passing it round and round.

I wish everyone would get the vax. Hell even if we can hit 90%ish percent we should be good...thats where we are with MMR (2018 stats). I just think this bugs with us for the long haul..vax or not.
    The virus is already endemic. It’ll probably be around as long as I live. But if enough people get vaccinated it’ll become more or less just like the flu. People will get sick, some will die but not crazy stop the normal function of society levels. Right now people are dying from non Covid illness because they can’t get into the hospital due to the crazy amount of anti vax morons filling up beds.

This thread is chock full of ad hominem and well poisoning
    cry more.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    cry more.
    Oh come on, man. You knew he built up an ad hom to complain about ad hom because it was his cheapest lure. At least make him get out the new ones.