Page 228 of 929 FirstFirst ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Truth

Cig smoking lotto players are all in
    Miniscule chance at wealth is more important than the health and safety of self, family, and community. Sucks, but as long as they are getting the vax.

Put another way, the typical price of a lottery ticket is $2. So two dollars of "value" is all it took.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Put another way, the typical price of a lottery ticket is $2. So two dollars of "value" is all it took.
    This is what I was thinking... it was actually quite brilliant, whoever originally thought it up as an incentive to get the poke.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Truth

Cig smoking lotto players are all in

Reminds me of something I used to hear people in small towns in the midwest say about their convenience stores, they sell the four basic essentials in life: cigarettes, liquor, lottery tickets and condoms. Translation, one-stop shopping for all your smoking, gambling, drinking and f***ing needs!

Extra credit was given to the stores that sell hard liquor and not just beer and wine!
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

And now we’ve got fuckers who were pro mask pre vax complaining about our limited mask required hours the second they’re vaxxed. “I’m a nurse...” Fuck off Debbie. I am continually disappointed, but not surprised, at how low my view of humanity continually is readjusted.

Curious what the collective thinks about the following scenario:

A friend and his fiancee live in Africa (Uganda), and are traveling to the US in late June (marriage is in July). They are not vaccinated (don't believe it is available to them where they are) but do plan on vaccines when they get to the states. Their current plan is to stay with the friend's parents in NYC upon arrival to the US. The parents are 89 and 86, fully vaccinated with no specific health issues other than generally failing bodies because they're 89 and 86. The parents have been super careful all through the pandemic, and are only now beginning to occasionally socialize indoors with other vaccinated people.

Am I crazy to think that even though the parents are vaccinated, my friends should not stay with them being unvaccinated and having just traveled on multiple international flights?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

A friend and his fiancee live in Africa (Uganda), and are traveling to the US in late June (marriage is in July). They are not vaccinated (don't believe it is available to them where they are) but do plan on vaccines when they get to the states. Their current plan is to stay with the friend's parents in NYC upon arrival to the US. The parents are 89 and 86, fully vaccinated with no specific health issues other than generally failing bodies because they're 89 and 86. The parents have been super careful all through the pandemic, and are only now beginning to occasionally socialize indoors with other vaccinated people.

Am I crazy to think that even though the parents are vaccinated, my friends should not stay with them being unvaccinated and having just traveled on multiple international flights?
    No way in hell should this happen. Lame of friends to even think this is ok. You aren’t crazy, the friends are.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

You'd think they could get the shots the day they get here and then give it like 10 days before they start breathing on the elderly. I guess the science says the grandparents will probably be fine. Probably comes down to what they all decide.

Interesting stats here from shithole Iowa. I live in Linn which had 42% of our vote go to Trump and we are at 45% fully vaccinated. More than all the Trump counties but for Dubuque County which was 51% Trump and is 47.9% vaccinated...Dubuque is much less diverse though and the Trumpsters barely squeaked out a victory. Sioux way out it double shithole western Iowa was 82% Trump and is only 28% fully vaxxed. Correlation is not causation but it doesn't take an genius to see the Trump voter fingerprint.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iowa_counties.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	358.0 KB 
ID:	375574

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    No way in hell should this happen. Lame of friends to even think this is ok. You aren’t crazy, the friends are.
    Agreed. I mask up to see my 97 year old fully vaccinated grandmother even though I too am fully vaccinated.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Well, they are required to test negative for the virus no more than three days before they fly. But yea, they can still contract the virus during thier travels.
    Guess it's up to the 'rents.

And what makes these people believe they can just show up from Africa and get jabbed? I personally don't have a problem with it given all the hesitation here, but it just seems a bit presumptuous.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    And what makes these people believe they can just show up from Africa and get jabbed? I personally don't have a problem with it given all the hesitation here, but it just seems a bit presumptuous.
    Well, my understanding is that in all but a few places in this country, vaccines are now widely available with no wait (or very little wait); that it's now a demand issue and not a supply one. They are American citizens. Maybe they are being presumptuous, so correct me if I you have other info, but it sure seems like a reasonable assumption that they can get off the plane and go get vaccinated right away. Why do you think they couldn't?

ETA: I could schedule a vaccination in NYC for later today. If it's a "country of residence" issue, they could easily use the parents' address.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    these people.
    What people?

They are American citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    What people?
    exactly. I personally don't care if people want to travel here to get vaccinated. we can't convince a good chunk of our population to put their big boy pants on and get jabbed...if someone wants to go through all the trouble to come here just to get vaccinated then good on them I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Agreed. I mask up to see my 97 year old fully vaccinated grandmother even though I too am fully vaccinated.
    To be devil’s advocate, why?

Is it now to protect her against the flu and other sickness and will you always wear a mask going forward?

Or is it to be extra cautious and account for the small % of vaccine ineffectiveness?

Serious question and not trying to be a dick, honestly not sure what I’d do in that scenario, my grandparents are dead.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It's up to the parents if they want to take the very small chance. Uganda has a very low case rate, for now. I assume that if they're getting married in NY they have a NY marriage license, which might be all they need to get a shot. If I were the parents I would certainly want them to stay with me. Might be the last chance.

Adolf--I think your grandmother is being smart. If the big bad wolf had been wearing a mask when Little Red Riding Hood came to visit he's still be alive today and somewhere in the forest there would be turds with red cloth in them.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's up to the parents if they want to take the very small chance. Uganda has a very low case rate, for now. I assume that if they're getting married in NY they have a NY marriage license, which might be all they need to get a shot. If I were the parents I would certainly want them to stay with me. Might be the last chance.

Adolf--I think your grandmother is being smart. If the big bad wolf had been wearing a mask when Little Red Riding Hood came to visit he's still be alive today and somewhere in the forest there would be turds with red cloth in them.
    Amazing how much of a cock goblin you are.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Who knew Buzzworthy was so defensive of mythical woodland creatures?

Some girls like
    To dress like a witch
    Some girls like to dress like a queen
    Best way a girl
    Can dress for me
    Is in a Goblin Suit
    (They look so cute . . . )

When they're a goblin
    There ain't a problin
    When they're a goblin
    I start a-wobblin'
    Pink all over
    Some is tan
    Goblin Girls
    From every land
    They look good
    From any which-a-way
    Every Halloween
    You can hear me say:
    "Goblin Girl, take it away . . . "

Hob-noblin
    Wit de goblin
    De Goblin Girl
    From da mystery world
    De Goblin Girl
    From da mystery world
    . . .

Some girls give me money, some girls buy me clothes
    Some girls give me jewelry, that I never thought I'd own
    Some girls give me diamonds, some girls, heart attacks
    Some girls I give all my bread to, I don't ever want it back
    Some girls give me jewelry, others buy me clothes
    Some girls give me children, I never asked them for
    So give me all your money, give me all your gold
    I'll buy you a house in Baker Street, and give you half of what I own
    Some girls take my money, some girls take my clothes
    Some girls get the shirt off my back, and leave me with a lethal dose
    French girls they want Cartier, Italian girls want cars
    American girls want everything in the world you can possibly imagine
    English girls they're so prissy, I can't stand them on the telephone
    Sometimes I take the receiver off the hook, I don't want them to ever call at all
    White girls they're pretty funny, sometimes they drive me mad
    Black girls just wanna get fucked all night, I just don't have that much jam
    Chinese girls are so gentle, they're really such a tease
    You never know quite what they're cookin', inside those silky sleeves
    Give me all you money, give me all your gold
    I'll buy you a house in Baker Street, and give you half of what I own
    Some girls they're so pure, some girls so corrupt
    Some girls give me children, I only made love to her once
    Give me half your money, give me half your car
    Give me half of everything, I'll make you world's biggest star
    So gimme all your money, give me all your gold
    Let's go back to Zuma beach, I'll give you half of everything I own

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    To be devil’s advocate, why?

Is it now to protect her against the flu and other sickness and will you always wear a mask going forward?

Or is it to be extra cautious and account for the small % of vaccine ineffectiveness?

Serious question and not trying to be a dick, honestly not sure what I’d do in that scenario, my grandparents are dead.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No worries, I get what you're saying. It's probably pointless for us to mask up, but out of an abundance of caution we do it. I don't think we'll mask up always going forward, but maybe we should. Your flu example is probably much more likely than me (vaccinated) giving COVID-19 to her (also vaccinated).

Let's see what you experts make of this: I'm now over a week past my second shot and there's no question that the shot fucked up my shoulder. I'm a swimmer and I know about shoulder problems, and that's what this is. Not to say my shoulder was 100% healthy before the shot, but I hadn't had any significant pain prior to the shot for years, so it was the shot that was at least the straw that broke the camel's back. Does this even make sense? Could it just be some residual inflammation? Could they have jabbed me in just the wrong spot? I really didn't expect to still be affected by the shot eight days later.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Let's see what you experts make of this: I'm now over a week past my second shot and there's no question that the shot fucked up my shoulder. I'm a swimmer and I know about shoulder problems, and that's what this is. Not to say my shoulder was 100% healthy before the shot, but I hadn't had any significant pain prior to the shot for years, so it was the shot that was at least the straw that broke the camel's back. Does this even make sense? Could it just be some residual inflammation? Could they have jabbed me in just the wrong spot? I really didn't expect to still be affected by the shot eight days later.
    I'd give it another week and reassess. My wife's shoulder was tender and sore for at least a couple weeks after her first shot. She was surprised at how long it lasted. I hope yours improves.

After my first shot I had some pain above and away from the shot on that shoulder and it hurt with movement. It went away and was never as bad as you describe but I have no doubt it was shot related. I also had the burning hip sockets that someone else also described. Not unusual for me to have a bit of hip pain but this was different. I think anytime you evoke an immune response you can get random arthritic inflammations?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I'd give it another week and reassess. My wife's shoulder was tender and sore for at least a couple weeks after her first shot. She was surprised at how long it lasted. I hope yours improves.
    It's certainly better than it was. I first swam last Friday (shot was last Tuesday) and I could hardly put any pressure on that shoulder at all. My power was massively affected. It's definitely not like that now, but I still feel some pain when I lift my arm in certain ways.

What I have seen anecdotally from people leads me to believe that the shot didn't cause certain problems, but fucked with someone's physical "balance" and "equilibrium" with existing issues, such that it feels like the shot caused the issue. I suspect that is what happened to The AD, that you had preexisting shoulder issues and your body had adapted to them, but the shot messed with that balance, maybe inflamed some nerves which caused your body to react. So it feels like the shot caused the shoulder problems, and in some sense I guess it did, but it's the preexisting shoulder problems that created the issue, not the shot.