Page 467 of 929 FirstFirst ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... LastLast
Results 11,651 to 11,675 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    As long as it stays mostly airborne and not surface transmitted, wearing a good mask should continue to be mostly effective protection and evolving vaccines should reduce severity of infection where GOOD masks and vaccines are available. Places like here in Murika it will be the deniers and freeDUMBers who will keep dropping like flies because they aren't protecting themselves. Bummer for the healthcare workers who have to clean up the carnage. I do suspect that health insurance providers and employer mandates will "encourage" the reluctant to step up when not taking a jab hits them in their wallets HARD.. We definitely need to get the kids vaccinated though.. Once we're there no excuses beyond idiocy.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    How so? My statements are not really in conflict with one another if you read my posts in their entireties. Also, as we explore ANY topic, in ANY human discussion, the conversation goes this way and that. But somehow all you TGR hivemind bots all think in perfect unison and any deviation is not tolerated. From the beginning of this pandemic, most you assholes have acted like you all know all with answers with 100% certainty and will dogpile on anyone who doesn't agree. Not a very scientific approach now, is it?
    I don’t really think you understand what science is. It’s not about your emotional response to “information” that you are spoon fed on the internet and then posting your opinion about your interpretation.

In the last post I quoted you were agreeing that mitigation measures against Covid would bring the pandemic under control but just hours before you were posting that no matter what we do, it wouldn’t matter and we were headed for some type of zombie apocalypse.

As far as masks go, I don’t need a study to show they work. I could explain to a first grader that a mask is a physical barrier that stops some of the exhaled droplets and aerosolized particles from your mouth and nose. I could explain that they’re not 100% effective but masks do reduce your risk of spreading and possibly contracting respiratory disease. I guess you can’t comprehend this.

The more mitigation efforts we put into stopping the pandemic is the only way we stop it. Vaccines, and masks until more people are vaccinated are our best shot. I don’t think there is really any debate about this from a scientific standpoint, it’s only from an emotional and political POV. You can bloviate all you want but it won’t change the facts.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Unicorn touches something I take issue with—> the blame ultimately falls on those who refuse to get vaccinated but WTF was the CDC etc thinking when they stop encouraging masks at a time when Delta was raging overseas?

“I can’t wait to get vaccinated so I can take this fucking thing off”

That’s why. It was a real and powerful motivator.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    In the last post I quoted you were agreeing that mitigation measures against Covid would bring the pandemic under control but just hours before you were posting that no matter what we do, it wouldn’t matter and we were headed for some type of zombie apocalypse.
    Out of context and wrong on so many levels. Learn some reading comprehension, bud. I was agreeing that certain things DO help, ie vaccination. That doesn't negate the fact that something gnarlier may still be coming down the pike and it IS inevitable that it will spread around the world, see: Delta. Also, I wasn't saying we'd have a zombie apocalypse, dumbass. I was using 28 Weeks Later as an analogy to say that as long as ONE person out there on the planet has it, the virus has the potential to spread all over again. Especially if it's a new mutation. Back in University, hopefully you read your medical text books better than you do our posts. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Unicorn touches something I take issue with—> the blame ultimately falls on those who refuse to get vaccinated but WTF was the CDC etc thinking when they stop encouraging masks at a time when Delta was raging overseas?
    IIRC they said if you are vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask anymore. Of course we all knew how this would end up, being emotional creatures who understand the nuances of public behaviour. Problem is those CDC jobbers can only speak in science and make recommendations as such - I think.

Out of context and wrong on so many levels. Learn some reading comprehension, bud. I was agreeing that certain things DO help, ie vaccination. That doesn't negate the fact that something gnarlier may still be coming down the pike and it IS inevitable that it will spread around the world, see: Delta. Also, I wasn't saying we'd have a zombie apocalypse, dumbass. I was using 28 Weeks Later as an analogy to say that as long as ONE person out there on the planet has it, the virus has the potential to spread all over again. Especially if it's a new mutation. Back in University, hopefully you read your medical text books better than you do our posts. Sheesh.
    What exactly ARE your points, though? Maybe just clear it up instead of talking in circles.

Are vaccines effective?
    Are vaccines safe?
    Should everyone who is able to do so get vaccinated?
    Is COVID serious?
    Should people who are generally young and healthy take measures to protect themselves from COVID?
    Are masks an effective piece in the transmission mitigation puzzle?

It's okay to change your mind as you learn new data. I've been wrong about a lot of shit in the past 18 months. It's all good man.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    IIRC they said if you are vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask anymore. Of course we all knew how this would end up, being emotional creatures who understand the nuances of public behaviour. Problem is those CDC jobbers can only speak in science and make recommendations as such - I think.
    I thought that the mask mandate change was too early but I suppose that they assumed more people would continue to get vaccinated because it’s really a no brainer, right?

I thought that the mask mandate change was too early but I suppose that they assumed more people would continue to get vaccinated because it’s really a no brainer, right?

Oh for sure. They thought it would be a carrot they could dangle in front of the non-vaxxed, but it (perhaps very) predictably had the opposite effect.

To their credit though, I bet they've learned from this and wouldn't do it again!

Naaaa, bunch of refugees came in with measles as posted up thread.....I doubt we will see another Measles outbreak.

Here's the issue you're having:

in one statement you're saying that vaccines and safety protocols (SD'ing, masks, etc.) work.

in the next statement you're saying if there is just one person roaming around with COVID-19 in the world that we'll never get over the pandemic.

I hope you can see how those two statements are at odds with one another.

HTHs
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    “I can’t wait to get vaccinated so I can take this fucking thing off”

That’s why. It was a real and powerful motivator.
    True.

Unfortunately I think the only thing that changes these peoples mind is a tube getting shoved down their throat. (Or witnessing it happen to a loved one)

Naaaa, bunch of refugees came in with measles as posted up thread.....I doubt we will see another Measles outbreak.
    If everyone in this country is vaccinated against MMR there would be no outbreak. Vax hesitant and anti vax people are ruining it for everyone

“ KEY POINTS
    Covid-19 is likely “here to stay with us” as the virus continues to mutate in unvaccinated countries across the world and previous hopes of eradicating it diminish, WHO officials said.

“People have said we’re going to eliminate or eradicate the virus,” Ryan said. “No we’re not, very, very unlikely.””

Am I wrong to think that this absolutely hurts the cause? People will think-> what’s the point?

so does this mean the vaccinated are to blame? I cant keep up with this shit anymore. Time to move off the grid..Fuckers up in places like Kiwalik AK aint dealing with this shit....

https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/...ed-infectivity

what part of the more people that are vaccinated, the more that the virus and it's variants are neutered are you not comprehending?

Neutered dogs can still fuck, but they're much less effective at getting other dogs pregnant.

go get your shots.

I remember “How to translate rambling internet posts 101” from my university days.

I also remember them teaching us how to communicate our points clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Letter to the editor:
    My body, my choice! (women's bodies on the other hand...)
    David Base
    Prescott
    "And when the doctor said I didn’t have worms anymore, that was the happiest day of my life."

Wow, it’s like most dumbasses like me interpreted Montucky’s posts the same way I did. Maybe there’s something to that. Maybe Austin is the smartest guy in the room?

Wow, it’s like most dumbasses like me interpreted Montucky’s posts the same way I did. Maybe there’s something to that. Maybe Austin is the smartest guy in the room?
    He's clearly working on a different level than the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    “ KEY POINTS
    Covid-19 is likely “here to stay with us” as the virus continues to mutate in unvaccinated countries across the world and previous hopes of eradicating it diminish, WHO officials said.

“People have said we’re going to eliminate or eradicate the virus,” Ryan said. “No we’re not, very, very unlikely.””

Am I wrong to think that this absolutely hurts the cause? People will think-> what’s the point?
    It sure wont help with the Anti Vaxx crowd.

I have never gotten a flu shot in my life, least up til now at 50...

Got Covid shot as soon as I could. Now the question would be, if this becomes a yearly booster type scenario, will i continue? Jury is out for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    what part of the more people that are vaccinated, the more that the virus and it's variants are neutered are you not comprehending?
    What part of the fact that 28% of the world is fully vaccinated (remarkable achievement actually), leaving about 6 BILLION more hosts, are you not comprehending?
    Yes. Lower odds. I get that. Doesn't negate the fact that another variant isn't going to come along to throw a wrench in all of our progress. Like the Moderna CEO is saying, like it or not, we're stuck with this thing. For the last freaking time, I AGREE that getting your shots is still one of the best ways to protect yourself! (funny how you all keep missing that component) Well, that and actually getting your freaking health under control, but I digress as that's a whole other can of worms that is somehow "controversial" these days too.

Jury is out for sure...
    How come?

What part of the fact that 28% of the world is fully vaccinated (remarkable achievement actually), leaving about 6 BILLION more hosts, are you not comprehending?
    Yes. Lower odds. I get that. Doesn't negate the fact that another variant isn't going to come along to throw a wrench in all of our progress. Like the Moderna CEO is saying, like it or not, we're stuck with this thing. For the last freaking time, I AGREE that getting your shots is still one of the best ways to protect yourself! (funny how you all keep missing that component) Well, that and actually getting your freaking health under control, but I digress as that's a whole other can of worms that is somehow "controversial" these days too.
    you keep moving the goalposts, this time it's from "one case in the world means pandemic goes ape shit like a zombie movie" to this new "6 billion hosts". You're the one that's making weird statements and then moving the goalposts when you're shown to be wrong over and over and over. Stop it.

Yes, we, as in the people on planet Earth, need to get more people vaccinated to control this pandemic and maybe end it. this is one of those things that is a big fat "duh!" thing to to realize. And yes, people who are generally unhealthy seem to have issues with COVID more than others...again, duh! you're acting like people are disagreeing with these blatantly obvious statements, but they're not. again, stop it.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Got Covid shot as soon as I could. Now the question would be, if this becomes a yearly booster type scenario, will i continue? Jury is out for sure...
    Oh, don't you worry! Pfizer just announced their great new subscription plan! Pfizer+ so you can stay up on all your monthly boosters!