Page 282 of 929 FirstFirst ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 23206
    Small sample, but my son, 9, obviously can't get the vax. He's been out to monster jam (outdoors), an indoor trampoline spot, many friend visits, many store trips. I do NOT make him wear a mask.

Literally nobody in my household has been sick in 1.5 years.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

How do you know that he hasn’t been/wasn’t infected?

And a mask on your kid would be to mostly protect others in case he was contagious.

The CDC is recommending that vaccinated people in "hot spots" wear masks indoors. Whatever that means.
    The recommendation is based on this" "Although the vaccines remain highly effective at preventing severe disease and death, they do not form an impenetrable shield. New data suggests that people who are vaccinated and have breakthrough infections from delta may have as much viral load as a person who is unvaccinated, which suggests they may be able to spread it to others, Walensky said. Such transmission did not happen in any significant way with earlier strains."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...dance-indoors/

Jeez, now the Brits can´t explain why new cases are falling.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/07...ing-scientists

New coronavirus cases have declined for six days in a row in Britain, a shift that is baffling scientists, many of whom predicted a powerful surge in cases after the government relaxed all but a handful of restrictions in England last week.
    On Monday, the government reported 24,950 new cases, down from a high of 54,674 on July 17.
    Maybe consumption of beer in public prevents the spread?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    How do you know that he hasn’t been/wasn’t infected?

And a mask on your kid would be to mostly protect others in case he was contagious.
    I don't, never got him tested. Daughter tested once, but she is 12 so vaxxed.

I suppose he could be a carrier, but would seem an outlier to me with zero symptoms. Our county/state is doing pretty well vax wise though so maybe that's it?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    Jeez, now the Brits can´t explain why new cases are falling.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/07...ing-scientists

Maybe consumption of beer in public prevents the spread?
    If that's the case this is exactly why I haven't gotten sick..beer consumption up 3 fold since covid

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Small sample, but my son, 9, obviously can't get the vax. He's been out to monster jam (outdoors), an indoor trampoline spot, many friend visits, many store trips. I do NOT make him wear a mask.

What's your point?

He's special.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

He doesn’t get it….

It appears that the cdc new guidance is for vaxed to wear masks to protect themselves rather than to protect others. Am I skimming that correctly?

OMG no

The Vaxed who test positive can spread, maybe, somewhat.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

He doesn’t get it….

It appears that the cdc new guidance is for vaxed to wear masks to protect themselves rather than to protect others. Am I skimming that correctly?
    I'd have to go through it again, but I read that it was because they're seeing spread from vaccinated individuals when they're looking closer at outbreak clusters.

I suppose he could be a carrier, but would seem an outlier to me with zero symptoms.
    Upwards of 30% of positive Covid cases show no symptoms. Not what I would call an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I'd have to go through it again, but I read that it was because they're seeing spread from vaccinated individuals when they're looking closer at outbreak clusters.
    it's both
    When you've been fully vaccinated... To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.

Fuck it.
    Vax don’t work like they said.

Go full Sweden

Bring out your dead. Let the strong survive. I can’t take another lockdown maskdown
    . . .

somebody probably posted it already but have ya'll seen the restaurant in huntington beach that requires proof of being un-vaccinated?
    swing your fucking sword.

....Curious: Who does not have personal connection with a symptomatic breakthrough case? I learned of one this weekend, which may be problematic for a local important business. The friend/person (Pfizer) feels lucky that their younger and unvaxed kids have been gone all month. I was discussing this with another good friend today. That good friend has a friend that’s a symptomatic breakthrough case (Pfizer), who picked it up in Vegas (insert joke here), and is still have blood O2 issues several weeks after initial symptom onset. I believe that means that they’re suffering from long covid.
    I reached out to my breakthrough case friend today to check-in. They are feeling good now, but still in mandated isolation. the friend mentioned knowing 20 people that now have tested positive from their circle of friends that have not altered their lifestyle and been hanging out together, and some of those people are now in pretty poor shape but still at home in isolation. These people are a mixture of that edge of hippy vaxers and hippy conspiracy theorist. My friend mentioned that the County did no contact tracing, and only established the isolation protocols that needed to be followed. that is pretty disappointing to hear. This is in a county rated as "high" community level transmission by the cdc, with current case rate at 15.1 cases per 100k (7-day avg) and 8.7% test positivity (7-day rate).

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I disagree. If a region has a majority population that doesn't effectively receive or spread the virus, and visitors from other states (and in-state knuckledraggers alike) actually become restricted from the places where they would most effectively spread the virus, it should put a pretty good lid on things. Some newcomer arrives in the office from Texas, the rules apply to them on day 1; prove vaccination or WFH until you get it together (or follow some other protocol to reduce the chance of bringing Covid into the workplace).
    What about bars? You think they'll be rigorous on that shit?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    The impression I got from the CDC announcement is that they are seeing high delta titers in the nose and throat of vaccinated people, which they haven't seen with other variants. They are presumed to be much more capable of transmitting the virus than with past variants but it didn't sound like they had the clinical proof of easy transmission--yet.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    What about bars? You think they'll be rigorous on that shit?
    In my area? Sure. They want customers, and customers want a place that's safe. (Nationwide? Ha ha.)

But don't take my word for it.

Works for the anti-vax crowd too
    Name:  accomodation.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  105.7 KB

OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG the commie jack booted thugs are gonna force Core Shit to wear a mask agin' and he JUST CAN'T TAKE IT.

But what about his freedumbz!!! Think of the freedumbz-luvin' children!

Really, just go fuck yourself, you stupid pile of selfish libertardian excrement.

I don't care if you like Zappa, you still suck.

Go fuck yourself. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    somebody probably posted it already but have ya'll seen the restaurant in huntington beach that requires proof of being un-vaccinated?
    So they should have exactly zero customers, correct?

It’s Orange County

It’s Orange County
    I heard about this. I don't know where the place is exactly. I've never been there, and since I'm vaxxed I will honor their wishes and avoid it.

Dana Rohrbacher is gone, Michele Steele BARELY beat Harley Rouda last fall (and might lose to him in the future) and the OC has voted for a Democrat in the last two Presidential elections. Previously the last time OC voted dem was in the Depression. I think Biden won OC by around 8 points. It is truly amazing what one man can accomplish, purposefully or not.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

That's nice. So?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk