Page 246 of 929 FirstFirst ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... LastLast
Results 6,126 to 6,150 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Rawdogging always feels good
    I was armed in case shit didn't seem kosher just like back in the day...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Half??? She says like 26% of eligible so far.
    Huh? Does she live in the past? Like early May?

Everyone can try to get the vaccines now. ( it's just very hard for first shots at the Moment)
    48.7% ( of total Population including kids. 40.5 Million first shots.) have one shot already. 26.8% have two. Also of TOTAL population.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    He must have been a pretty productive sales person to even get that break.
    Yeah, he went on to have a pretty good career at that company, despite that gaffe.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    This was sort of interesting, sort of expected. A few people tested positive for antibodies with blood drawn in Illinois in December 2019:

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance...iab519/6294073
    The Peoria flu?

Review of medical records for 2 million people in US known to have contracted COVID shows ~25% had to be treated for new medical problems after recovery, even those who were asymptotic

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/15/h...gtype=Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Which, quite ironically, is biting them in the ass because Az and sinovac ( though I have not followed chile closely) are crap against delta after one shot.
    the uk has five Times the infection rate of Germany and I dare to say it's connected.
    Chile is at 1.1 doses per capita, of which 80% are Sinovac, the rest mainly Pfizer and a bit of AZ, with Cansino and Jansen coming online now. So the Sinovac % is falling. The strategy has always been two doses within 4 weeks, so the fully vaxed % is high at 46% of total pop. (Canada was 8% last I looked).

Meanwhile, cases and ICU beds are at record highs, and Santiago is into its 4th “lockdown”. 27% of infections detected last week were two dosers. So even 2 doses does not prevent transmission with Sinovac.

Fortunately for the governments strategy of fastest jab to market goes in first, at least the two dosers are not going into the hospital (almost 90% of hospital beds are occupied by the unvaccinated). The Brazilian variant is highly contagious, and raging through the unvaccinated pop.

The bug got into my household via my unvaccinated sons only real outside close contact (his girlfriend), and of the 3 other members of the household (all fully vaxed), only one got it, and mildly (another young one fortunately).

Now almost half of the ICU is filled with under 40’s.

No end to this shit.

Interesting info thank you Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Robt Wachter, Chief of Medicine UCSF on PBS, says Delta (India)(B.1.617.2) variant is now 6-10% of US infections and expected to be the dominant strain in a month. One dose of an mRNA vaccine is about 35% effective against it; two doses are still very effective--he didn't give a number. Delta is more transmissible (we know that) and maybe more lethal--he says the data on that is not clear yet.

I'm glad they started naming these variants--the scheme the virologists use is way too confusing for us lay people, and probably for the virologists. And if it isn't I'm sure they're getting tired of saying and writing the whole official designation of the variants.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Robt Wachter, Chief of Medicine UCSF on PBS, says Delta (India)(B.1.617.2) variant is now 6-10% of US infections and expected to be the dominant strain in a month. One dose of an mRNA vaccine is about 35% effective against it; two doses are still very effective--he didn't give a number. Delta is more transmissible (we know that) and maybe more lethal--he says the data on that is not clear yet.
    The efficacy number I've been seeing (for 2 doses of mRNA) is 88%.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...3af_story.html

I'm glad they started naming these variants--the scheme the virologists use is way too confusing for us lay people, and probably for the virologists. And if it isn't I'm sure they're getting tired of saying and writing the whole official designation of the variants.
    Hope they don't run out of Greek letters.

I thought that doctor Rob was a good host for the “in the bubble” podcast.

This thread has been a wealth of information. Thank you for that, I have listened to most everything Shane Crotty has put out about COVID on YouTube. There really is no reason why I should trust the guy but I do.

I got COVID pretty bad this past January. I have asthma and it got in my lungs on day 10. Day 14 I had to go to the hospital due to low 02 levels. After being pumped full of steroids, antibiotics, and 02 I went home two days later. When I finished my cycle of steroids at home, about three weeks later, I got pneumonia that lasted for close to two months.

87 days after I got diagnosed I got the first Pfizer shot. My condition had been improving but two weeks prior to this I was still on 02 with levels in the upper 80s and very low 90s. I got the second dose a few weeks after that and it crushed me for three days. The morning before I got the second I met or exceeded all my numbers on a pulmonary function test. I have back to normal but out of shape from 3 months of couch life.

I got the shot because I can never get that again. It crushed me. I thought I would have to move to Florida, ride a scooter around Walmart, with a bottle of 02. I have always leaned towards the conspiracy side of things because it made the internet fun. When the vaccine became available I asked the opinion of my pulmonologist, I have one of those now, and he gave me a few options. Get it because we don’t know how long natural antibodies last. In some studies the vax has been known to help long haulers rebound. The vaccine can help protect you against variants and keep you out of the hospital if you get reinfected. Sounds good to me. Glad he decided to go to lung doctor school and not fuck off in the mountains for most of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by 45hill View Post
    This thread has been a wealth of information. Thank you for that, I have listened to most everything Shane Crotty has put out about COVID on YouTube. There really is no reason why I should trust the guy but I do.

I got COVID pretty bad this past January. I have asthma and it got in my lungs on day 10. Day 14 I had to go to the hospital due to low 02 levels. After being pumped full of steroids, antibiotics, and 02 I went home two days later. When I finished my cycle of steroids at home, about three weeks later, I got pneumonia that lasted for close to two months.

87 days after I got diagnosed I got the first Pfizer shot. My condition had been improving but two weeks prior to this I was still on 02 with levels in the upper 80s and very low 90s. I got the second dose a few weeks after that and it crushed me for three days. The morning before I got the second I met or exceeded all my numbers on a pulmonary function test. I have back to normal but out of shape from 3 months of couch life.

I got the shot because I can never get that again. It crushed me. I thought I would have to move to Florida, ride a scooter around Walmart, with a bottle of 02. I have always leaned towards the conspiracy side of things because it made the internet fun. When the vaccine became available I asked the opinion of my pulmonologist, I have one of those now, and he gave me a few options. Get it because we don’t know how long natural antibodies last. In some studies the vax has been known to help long haulers rebound. The vaccine can help protect you against variants and keep you out of the hospital if you get reinfected. Sounds good to me. Glad he decided to go to lung doctor school and not fuck off in the mountains for most of his life.
    Scary ride. Thanks for sharing. Making me want that 2nd shot more and more.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Huh? Does she live in the past? Like early May?

Everyone can try to get the vaccines now. ( it's just very hard for first shots at the Moment)
    48.7% ( of total Population including kids. 40.5 Million first shots.) have one shot already. 26.8% have two. Also of TOTAL population.
    She has an appointment for tomorrow for PFizer. She has to drive an hour each way. She heard from a source that her city isn't being shipped enough doses for it's size. It took her a lot of hours on the computer at all hours of the day and night to find a slot. It shouldn't be this way.

. It shouldn't be this way.
    Yes, but as I said earlier: there is and was not enough vaccine to begin with. So you can only take it from others via a bidding war.

And most manufacturers have delivery issues at the Moment. Biontech had less doses than promised ( they should come in the coming weeeks), az is notoriously unreliable and does not deliver(so unreliable that the eu is setting the lawyers in motion and has not ordered anything anymore), and j&j has lost 50 Million doses recently.

It's not a Problem of allocation, where our government would be the culprit, it's availability.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    Chile is at 1.1 doses per capita, of which 80% are Sinovac, the rest mainly Pfizer and a bit of AZ, with Cansino and Jansen coming online now. So the Sinovac % is falling. The strategy has always been two doses within 4 weeks, so the fully vaxed % is high at 46% of total pop. (Canada was 8% last I looked).

Meanwhile, cases and ICU beds are at record highs, and Santiago is into its 4th “lockdown”. 27% of infections detected last week were two dosers. So even 2 doses does not prevent transmission with Sinovac.

Fortunately for the governments strategy of fastest jab to market goes in first, at least the two dosers are not going into the hospital (almost 90% of hospital beds are occupied by the unvaccinated). The Brazilian variant is highly contagious, and raging through the unvaccinated pop.

The bug got into my household via my unvaccinated sons only real outside close contact (his girlfriend), and of the 3 other members of the household (all fully vaxed), only one got it, and mildly (another young one fortunately).

Now almost half of the ICU is filled with under 40’s.

No end to this shit.
    Chile's heavy reliance on Sinovac must be part of the issue? Maybe it keeps most symptomatic folks out of the hospital but isn't great at quelling the spread of variants.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    35% effective of what?

Like totally not getting COVID at all, or not dying, or maybe getting it but not really being sick at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    (Canada was 8% last I looked).
    That was Friday June 11. 13.7% now. Canada is en fuego.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    35% effective of what?

Like totally not getting COVID at all, or not dying, or maybe getting it but not really being sick at all?
    These are always relative risk reductions. I'm thinking those are risk reductions against hospitalization.

Looks like Pfizer gives 79% reduction in risk for Delta (B.1.617.2 India) infection vs 92% against Alpha (B.1.1.7 UK) and protection against hospitalization is halved.

I am concerned with plateauing vaccination rates and the virtual elimination of masking/distancing rules vs the reduced efficacy against Delta and its imminently becoming the dominant variant by prevalence.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    35% effective of what?

He didn't say. Presumably a vaccine that is 35% effective in preventing infection, will have roughly similar effectiveness in preventing symptomatic disease, hospitalization, and death, based on what has been seen so far with the original strain. The details don't matter as far as the general public* is concerned--clearly one shot mRNA sucks for the delta variant--get both shots. Britain is having to postpone reopening. They have a lot of delta. Perhaps their one shot for everyone first strategy wasn't wise?
    There was a lot of discussion months ago about the one shot vs two shot strategy for mRNA vaxes, with the numbers favoring the former, but that was based on data from the trials before the variants had become significant. With 35% effectiveness for one shot instead of 80% or so in the trials the math changes.

*PBS viewership is hardly the "general public". And I do get the impression that the News Hour is kinda hoping the pandemic will never end. They certainly emphasize the bad news over the good--but that's the news biz I guess. It's entirely possible that I will have to eat these words, or rather, just delete the post.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...auls-1.6066311

3 more covid long haulers tell their storey
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Based on some of the posters from the UK, Germany, and Chile in the last few pages, and other TGR smart people in regards to the Delta Variant, I decided on the Pfizer vax as my second instead of AZ when the opportunity arose this morning.

Stoked to be adding to Canada’s solid number of second dosees…. Vax cocktail and all. I love cocktails.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Based on some of the posters from the UK, Germany, and Chile in the last few pages, and other TGR smart people in regards to the Delta Variant, I decided on the Pfizer vax as my second instead of AZ when the opportunity arose this morning.

Stoked to be adding to Canada’s solid number of second dosees…. Vax cocktail and all. I love cocktails.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Get back to us when you sprout some additional appendages. :0

Get back to us when you sprout some additional appendages. :0
    Fucking can't wait, I hope it's dick for a nose instead of a vagina for a mouth. I'd also like to glow in the dark... Moderna booster in 6 months?

Hopefully its not balls on chin as that is already a thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Prehensile detachable penis