Page 70 of 929 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 23206
    In the ongoing saga of getting my wife vaxxed, she got Pfizer 1 this morning on schedule. So, that's good. The intent was for her to get her second shot the day after we get back in town from a planned ski trip, March 21st, 24 days after #1. Yes, I realize that it doesn't fit the ideal of 21 days after but it's clear that there's a fair amount of leeway past the 21 days and this trip has been planned for over six months.

After getting her shot, Nurse Ratched gives her an appointment card, with no discussion, for the 18th at 10:00; exactly three weeks to the hour after this shot. My wife tells her that it won't work due to our being gone to which the nurse tells her that it's imperative that she change her plans and be there, no other options available. Cut our trip short and be there, no debate. Screw that, we're going on our trip and coming back per plan and will just have to get the second shot after we're back. In her email confirmation, there's an option for rescheduling so we'll try that first and if no success, go elsewhere, bitch (nurse, not the wife).

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    In the ongoing saga of getting my wife vaxxed, she got Pfizer 1 this morning on schedule. So, that's good. The intent was for her to get her second shot the day after we get back in town from a planned ski trip, March 21st, 24 days after #1. Yes, I realize that it doesn't fit the ideal of 21 days after but it's clear that there's a fair amount of leeway past the 21 days and this trip has been planned for over six months.

After getting her shot, Nurse Ratched gives her an appointment card, with no discussion, for the 18th at 10:00; exactly three weeks to the hour after this shot. My wife tells her that it won't work due to our being gone to which the nurse tells her that it's imperative that she change her plans and be there, no other options available. Cut our trip short and be there, no debate. Screw that, we're going on our trip and coming back per plan and will just have to get the second shot after we're back. In her email confirmation, there's an option for rescheduling so we'll try that first and if no success, go elsewhere, bitch (nurse, not the wife).
    Was it at a vax site or a doctor's office? Here in W2 we have a vax site at the fairgrounds and clinics are held on set days not 24/7. It's either a 1st dose day or a 2nd dose day. Could that be the reason?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Was it at a vax site or a doctor's office? Here in W2 we have a vax site at the fairgrounds and clinics are held on set days not 24/7. It's either a 1st dose day or a 2nd dose day. Could that be the reason?
    The second shot timing has to be a logistics nightmare. Given the supply issues. It doesn't look like there is going to be an unlimited supply in the foreseeable future. Seems not having the supply or resources for the second shot could be a big issue.

I can't recall ever getting a vaccine that required two shots weeks apart. Even places like a pharmacy would not have been set up to manage that
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

It was an Albertsons. Our mass vax site will take either 1st or 2nd dose cases, depending on what you sign up for. This week, though, was set aside for second shots only since they lost all last week to the weather delay issue. Not sure what Albertsons policy is on this other than trying to schedule exactly to the number of days past the first shot.

Supply is improving and the initial rush seems to be down a bit so I think that crush is over. So long as the state doesn't open up more eligibility, I don't anticipate a problem rescheduling or going elsewhere for the second. From what I've been reading, there seems to be a pretty large window to receive the second shot.

It was an Albertsons. Our mass vax site will take either 1st or 2nd dose cases, depending on what you sign up for. This week, though, was set aside for second shots only since they lost all last week to the weather delay issue. Not sure what Albertsons policy is on this other than trying to schedule exactly to the number of days past the first shot.

Supply is improving and the initial rush seems to be down a bit so I think that crush is over. So long as the state doesn't open up more eligibility, I don't anticipate a problem rescheduling or going elsewhere for the second. From what I've been reading, there seems to be a pretty large window to receive the second shot.
    How far away are you guys gonna be on your ski trip? Sucks, but maybe it's worth it to come back and have that certainty?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    How far away are you guys gonna be on your ski trip? Sucks, but maybe it's worth it to come back and have that certainty?
    It's a day's drive. We're going to hold the appointment for now. On the confirmation email, there's a reschedule link that I looked at. With that, we should be able to reschedule in a week or two but if we're not able to, we'll probably come back early to get it. Full day drive, ski three days, full day drive. Cuts us short by two days of our plan but, yes, probably worth it.

It's a day's drive. We're going to hold the appointment for now. On the confirmation email, there's a reschedule link that I looked at. With that, we should be able to reschedule in a week or two but if we're not able to, we'll probably come back early to get it. Full day drive, ski three days, full day drive. Cuts us short by two days of our plan but, yes, probably worth it.
    Bummer. Hopefully you're able to reschedule.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

We got our first shots at Rite Aid in Sacramento. The gave us 2nd shot appts exactly 4 weeks later--no time. They said we'd get an email with the exact appt and could reschedule then. Since the second shot is for when our son (fully vaccinated) is visiting us in Truckee for a week we wanted to reschedule but when they sent us the email and we tried to reschedule--no available appointments. My guess is that the way the pharmacies are scheduling and with the vaccine supply still tight there isn't any leeway for second shots most places.

Fortunately the state finally started giving Kaiser vaccine for it's members. We had sent Kaiser our proof of first shots and they sent us an appointment link for the second with plenty of time options--and for the right vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We got our first shots at Rite Aid in Sacramento. The gave us 2nd shot appts exactly 4 weeks later--no time. They said we'd get an email with the exact appt and could reschedule then. Since the second shot is for when our son (fully vaccinated) is visiting us in Truckee for a week we wanted to reschedule but when they sent us the email and we tried to reschedule--no available appointments. My guess is that the way the pharmacies are scheduling and with the vaccine supply still tight there isn't any leeway for second shots most places.

Fortunately the state finally started giving Kaiser vaccine for it's members. We had sent Kaiser our proof of first shots and they sent us an appointment link for the second with plenty of time options--and for the right vaccine.
    That's kind of my thought; supply should be increasing weekly and with the 1st shot card, we could reschedule into another site if we can't get this one rescheduled. We'll see how it works out.

That's kind of my thought; supply should be increasing weekly and with the 1st shot card, we could reschedule into another site if we can't get this one rescheduled. We'll see how it works out.
    If you can figure out if the new site offers the same vaccine (even though I'm reading that it's ok to go for the other vaccine if you absolutely have to, or maybe if you don't.) But I'm guessing that the site of your second shot might refuse you if they are offering the other vaccine--or not, who the hell knows.

The entire pandemic can be summarized in 2 words--''yes but"

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    And those selfish fucking assholes should have been rounded up and liquidated. I would have volunteered to help shovel.

I get round #1 of the Pfizer vax tomorrow.
    So you want to kill people who disagree with you? Typical democrat I guess so nobody will call this asshat out? The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.

Anyone see what's going on in Belgium? People are refusing the AstraZeneca jab. Huge vax centers sitting empty.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Sad that people thinking for themselves is newsworthy these days.

24hrs after moderna #2: holy sheep shit! Rough day. Glad I pre-planned PTO.

What are peeps thoughts on grandparent visits? All adults vaxed. 3 kids, including a 15yo, who has been extremely careful and only hangs out with friends via discord(sp?).

A visit would be for several days with time spent indoors and outdoors, but meals likely indoors at my home. If the California variant becomes rampant, then it’s cancelled. Visit won’t be until after the ski hill closes.

edit: arrgh. Can't get this to post as image

https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/02/22

Anyone see what's going on in Belgium? People are refusing the AstraZeneca jab. Huge vax centers sitting empty.
    If older Belgians are acting like older Germans where the AstraZeneca vaccine is eschewed for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine then once Belgium opens up the categories beyond high priority then there should be more uptake.

FWIW, the UK is already seeing enormous success against SARS2, including the more challenging B.1.1.7 strain, thanks to the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    edit: arrgh. Can't get this to post as image

https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/02/22
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73080CA0-5588-4DDF-8E94-86961754397C.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	449.4 KB 
ID:	364869

When all else fails.

BTW Catfish your schtick is boring AF. Get some new material.

Got my vaccine today at the Las Vegas convention center. It was one of the smoothest institutional experiences I've had. I got a 3:30 appointment at 1 this afternoon, got to the parking lot at 3:20. I was through and jabbed with the Pfizer vaccine by 3:35.

It’s not nearly as boring as the masked covidians talking about muh cases and muh charts and muh vaccines and muh 2 weeks behind Italy and muh flatten the curve. That shit is boring. And those people literally ruined the world over a few short months. But yeah I guess more importantly I’ll look for a funnier act

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73080CA0-5588-4DDF-8E94-86961754397C.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	449.4 KB 
ID:	364869

When all else fails.
    Meanwhile you have people who are morbidly obese and fucking smokers getting it ahead of 80 y/o's in many states. Comic author and especially the commenters can go eat a bag of dicks.

Getting my 1st PFE on Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I can't recall ever getting a vaccine that required two shots weeks apart.
    You need to talk to your doctor and get your shots updated. There are many modern vaccines that require two shots.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Comic author and especially the commenters can go eat a bag of dicks.
    Pastis can eat a dick? Why? Guy always has his heart in the right place. And I hadn't looked at the comments but they seem harmless enough. I'm not understanding the source of your vitriol.

Lycra. It's the Lycra.

Has to be.