Page 498 of 626 FirstFirst ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... LastLast
Results 12,426 to 12,450 of 15629
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I'm fine, just kinda sick of the one sided bullshit that goes on here.
    Reality isnít one sided bullshit, but go ahead and keep fighting it.

The Borg = Science?

Wow y’all are posting now? I just woke up a bit ago my tummy hurts
    There’s nothing on the tv and I have a zoom meeting in two hours trying to motivate myself out of bed.
    If I put my head down no way I am right for meeting with camera on
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

To add
    It’s fucking dark outside
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I guess all these folks are either just too stupid to "follow the science", or maybe theyre all just Trumptards...? On TGR those are the only 2 options...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...andate-lawsuit
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

So let them resign, nobody cares. If you can not recognize the individual responsibility to society as a whole, you should just fuck off anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

More data from the UK about vaccine effectiveness against the Delta variant:

• Older groups see the most waning against infection, much less for under 65
    • 3 week interval between doses offers less protection than longer intervals
    • The mRNA vaccines are slightly more effective at conferring immunity
    • Protection against hospitalization shows very little waning for those without underlying health conditions
    • Even for +65, very little waning against severe illness without underlying health conditions
    • Very little waning against protection from death
    • Healthy people likely don't need boosters to protect from severe outcomes but boosters appear to protect from infection over the shorter study time period
    • The UK will offer boosters to nursing home residents, followed by +50, frontline health care, and all adults with underlying health conditions

Something to keep in mind is Delta studies are based on real-world data, which are influenced not only by variant transmissibility but also by overall population immunity, prevalence, and human behavior. So lower vax rates in the US probably explains why we're seeing worse outcomes.

https://khub.net/documents/135939561...8-11ba2c6f5801

Alberta, the Texas of Canada

A surge in coronavirus cases has pushed the healthcare system in the Canadian province of Alberta to the verge of collapse, as healthcare workers struggle against mounting exhaustion and a growing anti-vaccine movement in the region.

The province warned this week that its ICU capacity was strained, with more people requiring intensive care than any other point during the pandemic – nearly all of them unvaccinated.

“It’s not easy to go to work every day and watch people in their 30s die,” an ICU nurse in Edmonton told the Guardian. “Having to help a family say goodbye and then going through the actions that are required at the end of someone’s life, is worse than anyone can imagine.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...vid-cases-rise
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

thatís a lie, covid was over in july, they said so.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...wave-1.6175012

PEW PEW
    They got a name for the winners in the world

http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

Iím from Calgary, and am shocked/ashamed with the populist government there. Rivals you yankís publican states.
    Fucking politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    To add
    It’s fucking dark outside
    Google "time zones."

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Google "time zones."
    Google "empathy".

So that sites lying? Interesting. 8 years of med school. Did I read it wrong.

Ok then you're still an idiot.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Of course you are wrong. Your link said eight years of medical training. Like four years medical school followed by four years of residency. 4+4=? This is after undergrad. Whoís the idiot now? Youíll call me one but Iím always right in our exchanges. Maybe itís time for some self reflection.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I guess all these folks are either just too stupid to "follow the science", or maybe theyre all just Trumptards...? On TGR those are the only 2 options...

Oh man, that would be a blessing. Let them resign, and then hire a truely multi racial and educated department to replace one of the worst police departments in America. Of course, most "resigning" will just be taking very lucrative early retirement deals written into the union contract, and then off to Idaho to get a second gig in some small department.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    So let them resign, nobody cares. If you can not recognize the individual responsibility to society as a whole, you should just fuck off anyways.
    who fills their spots? Same with Teachers, and first responders...Its not like many are clamoring for those positions currently..

So yeah just let em quit...we dont need police, or nurses, or teachers anyway...amirite
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

I think the vast majority of them have been horribly misguided and have believed "facts" that are not true, yes.

I realize there's been some over the top arguing/name calling here, but by and large hasn't the preponderance of this thread been focused on information supporting why getting vaccinated makes sense? Most of us feel like we're pissing in the wind sometimes. There are people who just won't listen to reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh man, that would be a blessing. Let them resign, and then hire a truely multi racial and educated department to replace one of the worst police departments in America. Of course, most "resigning" will just be taking very lucrative early retirement deals written into the union contract, and then off to Idaho to get a second gig in some small department.
    Hmmm, vaccine mandates as police reform? If we assume the majority of cops & first responders pursue those types of jobs in part for public service, and we pay them for their service, then weeding out the most dangerous authoritarian creep minority who aren't interested in protecting the public seems like a win-win.

who fills their spots? Same with Teachers, and first responders...Its not like many are clamoring for those positions currently..

So yeah just let em quit...we dont need police, or nurses, or teachers anyway...amirite
    Perhaps we could use the 5.7 billion (mother fucking dollars) we just spent on health care for them (unvaxxed) to increase the pay for those positions and hire better people to do those jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Perhaps we could use the 5.7 billion (mother fucking dollars) we just spent on health care for them (unvaxxed) to increase the pay for those positions and hire better people to do those jobs?
    So wait...the ones there now arent good? I dont follow? They were fine until you found out they were "anti vax". You really think nurses, and first repsonders, like mentioned, got into those jobs to HELP PEOPLE willingly want to hurt them? Yeah makes total sense to me..

Tell me this...there is only one nurse that can help you at the only hospital within 1000 miles...she wears an antivax pin....guess you're just going to die for your beliefs eh? I mean we couldnt have a dirty antivaxxer help us right?

Such a close minded bunch...Im vaxxed and I still get it....
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

So wait...the ones there now arent good? I dont follow? They were fine until you found out they were "anti vax". You really think nurses, and first repsonders, like mentioned, got into those jobs to HELP PEOPLE willingly want to hurt them?
    Perhaps they don't willingly want to hurt people, but that's what they are doing by refusing to not get vaccinated. How 'bout that?

Perhaps they don't willingly want to hurt people, but that's what they are doing by refusing to not get vaccinated. How 'bout that?
    how bout that we dont really know shit yet...?

how do we simply ignore immunologists that disagree with each other? they exist. Some say natural immunity is better, some say natural + Vax..

I get it...unvaxxed and never contracted are at risk more than the other groups, but do we have any real clue how many of those there are? How many asymptomatic? Mild symptoms that never got a test...obviously there is data to say that Natural immunity is better than nothing. Why simply ignore it? Ooooh yeah...it doesnt fit what YOU believe...got it.
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

Not all cops got into the job because they wanted to help people. A minority got into the job because of a paranoid authoritarian worldview and see the job as a way to restore order. So it stands to reason a lot of these same people following news sources spreading white paranoia also adopt the talking points spread about vaccine conspiracies since they are often one in the same.

how do we simply ignore immunologists that disagree with each other? they exist. Some say natural immunity is better, some say natural + Vax..

I get it...unvaxxed and never contracted are at risk more than the other groups, but do we have any real clue how many of those there are? How many asymptomatic? Mild symptoms that never got a test...obviously there is data to say that Natural immunity is better than nothing. Why simply ignore it? Ooooh yeah...it doesnt fit what YOU believe...got it.

So wait...the ones there now arent good? I dont follow? They were fine until you found out they were "anti vax". You really think nurses, and first repsonders, like mentioned, got into those jobs to HELP PEOPLE willingly want to hurt them? Yeah makes total sense to me..

Tell me this...there is only one nurse that can help you at the only hospital within 1000 miles...she wears an antivax pin....guess you're just going to die for your beliefs eh? I mean we couldnt have a dirty antivaxxer help us right?

Such a close minded bunch...Im vaxxed and I still get it....
    Dude, take philosophy and political beliefs out of this. Letís simply make this financial. An average cost of hospitalization for Covid treatment is $40-70k. An unvaccinated person is more likely to be hospitalized than vaccinated if they contract covid. Most larger employers offer health insurance and claims make the premium cost go up by a factor compounded over claims costs. Health insurance is already not cheap. Unvaccinated people are more likely to spread Covid and unvaccinated people are more likely to contract Covid.

As an employer, Iíd rather take the money to offer higher wages to people who are not dumbfucks or if Iím greedy, straight profit for myself. Why would I want to spend that unnecessarily because people donít want to get vaxxed?

How 'bout I simply don't agree with that premise at all?

Immaterial. Even if natural immunity is better, no one is going to say that people should intentionally get infected. The idea is to reduce the number of people infected and the only effective way we have to do that is through vaccination.