Page 489 of 621 FirstFirst ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,225 of 15518
  1. #12201
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,857
    “If you get your shots we build 5 feet of Mexican border wall with your name on it.”

  2. #12202
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    There's nothing you can say to them that will make them get the shot. No amount of family members getting severely ill or dying that will make them get the shot. It's even past Trump telling his cult members to get the shot.
    Yup, so true. She's a "natural organic" type not a Trumptard. Just as impervious to logic and fact though.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  3. #12203
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    “If you get your shots we build 5 feet of Mexican border wall with your name on it.”
    Funny how this place seems to always flip it on Orange manlovers.

    Arent florida and texas currently 2 of the worst states with covid cases? Kinda funny when you look up the political demographics or registered voters in each state they are nearly 50% 50%. Are you all implying that because there is a GOP governor that the 50% that votes against just blindly still follows?

    There are anti vaxxers on both sides of this...seems many here can't really grasp that. #badorangeman

    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...nk-since-2016/

    https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...y-affiliation/
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  4. #12204
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    7,742
    I'm just here to ask when we started calling it "the Covid" cause it's becoming more and more common and it sounds retarded.

  5. #12205
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Funny how this place seems to always flip it on Orange manlovers.

    Arent florida and texas currently 2 of the worst states with covid cases? Kinda funny when you look up the political demographics or registered voters in each state they are nearly 50% 50%. Are you all implying that because there is a GOP governor that the 50% that votes against just blindly still follows?

    There are anti vaxxers on both sides of this...seems many here can't really grasp that. #badorangeman

    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...nk-since-2016/

    https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...y-affiliation/

    Sure. Why look at the county level when you can obfuscate with state-wide data that proves your point?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 12.46.26 PM.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	385279

  6. #12206
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Funny how this place seems to always flip it on Orange manlovers.

  7. #12207
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Sure. Why look at the county level when you can obfuscate with state-wide data that proves your point?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 12.46.26 PM.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	385279
    why not dig and dig til you find what proves your point? Link to said study please? Pew is pretty well respected. Lets see the source? And for the record? those arent HUGE differences either. 28.5 to 35%? LOL yeah its just the GOP folks totally...all the Democrats got the shot in both states.

    Youre plain ignoring the facts...you WANT it to be about "bad orange man", but its not...hell even he's telling the masses to get the vax...

    stick to your narrative though....keep pushing in the wedge..
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  8. #12208
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    This statement is a slippery slope...as multiple documented instances of genocide in history began exactly this way.

    https://news.un.org/en/story/2014/12...ns-un-official

    "The Holocaust did not start with the gas chambers and the Rwandan genocide did not start with the slayings. It started with the dehumanization of a specific group of persons."

    Also, caring about your fellow man, while simultaneously hoping that your fellow man should die is....conflicting.
    Not being vaccinated is not discrimination based on race or any other inherent trait. Its a fucking choice in your behavior. Behavior.

    I cannot choose to take a shit in your water supply without expecting legal consequences any more than you should be able to choose to not get vaccinated but not expect consequences.

    You are not conservative or libertarian with these arguments. They are wrong. You lose credibility for yourself and the conservative movement when you make them.

    Check yourself


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  9. #12209
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    753
    Man, with RJ gone our other 3 morons have really stepped it up. Kudos guys! It's almost like the universe demands a contrarian/ignoramus/bad faith equilibrium.... I could swear I heard it expressed once as...deplorables.

    I'll wade into this skidog shit too. Let me break it down.

    If you are an incubator/accelerator of disinformation that is harming public health and safety -> yes, please fuck off and die. The world is better off with out you.

    If you are a victim of bad information, otherwise capable but militantly ignorant despite all the hand holding and help being offered-> welp, thems the breaks. try not to die but no tears if you do.

    If you are a victim of bad information but have no reasoning skills or reasonable avenues for improvement -> it's just sad. the country/system has failed you. I wish we were better

  10. #12210
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    8,593
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I'm just here to ask when we started calling it "the Covid" cause it's becoming more and more common and it sounds retarded.
    People have been calling it that since the first "quarantine." It's a great way to sound ignorant.

  11. #12211
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    why not dig and dig til you find what proves your point? Link to said study please? Pew is pretty well respected. Lets see the source? And for the record? those arent HUGE differences either. 28.5 to 35%? LOL yeah its just the GOP folks totally...all the Democrats got the shot in both states.
    28 to 35 seems pretty significant, so does the fact that the gap grew into July to the tune of 46.7 to 35 as it did at each interval. Why do you think Republicans have dug in their heels to avoid the vax as opposed to Dems and why is it pushing a wedge to show a chart that there is more hesitancy among GOP voters? Do you think the data underlying the chart is not accurate?

    It's been noted in the past several months by other people:
    https://civiqs.com/results/coronavir...ue&zoomIn=true
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  12. #12212
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    of course you would, you simpleton

    for clarity (& yet again for the slow), the whole point of masking distancing & vaccinating is to deter spread, not create instantaneous immunity. And it takes a long time, especially with a whole cohort of fucksticks acting like selfish toddlers, not realizing their premise of basic safety is generously being tendered by the responsible people around them as they throw a fit over fantasy grievances.

    your perceived victimization for your ignorant opinions is the cross you have to bear as long as you continue to deny the facts about this virus
    Well said.

  13. #12213
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    3,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Youre plain ignoring the facts...you WANT it to be about "bad orange man", but its not...hell even he's telling the masses to get the vax...

    stick to your narrative though....keep pushing in the wedge..
    False narratives like the herd immunity theory that underlies so much anti vaxx commentary, or the theory the vaxxed transmit at the same rate as the unvaxxed, or that vaccines are selecting for immune-evasive variants is what's driving the wedge.

    While these are legitimate questions for people just coming to the subject, we see over-and-over those concerns exacerbated by people deliberately scaring people with misinformation.

  14. #12214
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23,347
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    28 to 35 seems pretty significant, so does the fact that the gap grew into July to the tune of 46.7 to 35 as it did at each interval.
    Yes. to me that was the main take away: The gap has continued to grow. In other words, it's becoming more and more of a political divide.

    33% more people were vaccinated in counties that voted for Biden vs. those that voted for Trump in July. That's significant.

  15. #12215
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    28 to 35 seems pretty significant, so does the fact that the gap grew into July to the tune of 46.7 to 35 as it did at each interval. Why do you think Republicans have dug in their heels to avoid the vax as opposed to Dems and why is it pushing a wedge to show a chart that there is more hesitancy among GOP voters? Do you think the data underlying the chart is not accurate?
    I think the GOP driven media are no fucking help at all in this mess. Sadly, as you said, they have dug in their heels, but tell me....why isnt the blue line even bigger? I think the mix is more than we (here) choose to believe. I just dont believe its as cut and dry as "if all the trumptards stepped up" this would be over...

    We can surely disagree...thats totally cool...i think we can all agree this shouldnt be politicized at all.
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  16. #12216
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,391
    heres the link to the study...good study...

    I don't disagree at all the the majority of anti vaxxers lean right, but there are still plenty that dont.

    The breaksdowns in that study should scare you...at least some of them

    https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...february-2021/
    TGR MODS EAT SKIDOG JIZZ

  17. #12217
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I think the GOP driven media are no fucking help at all in this mess. Sadly, as you said, they have dug in their heels, but tell me....why isnt the blue line even bigger? I think the mix is more than we (here) choose to believe. I just dont believe its as cut and dry as "if all the trumptards stepped up" this would be over...

    We can surely disagree...thats totally cool...i think we can all agree this shouldnt be politicized at all.
    I'm going to agree with at least some of this. There is the non white evangelical segment that leans democrat on most things but flips when gay marriage is on the ballot. There is also the history of eugenics making more than a couple hesitant. I get that it's not rational to think the brown person is getting anything more dangerous than the non brown person in the same vax line. But, it's also the same stubborn, not gonna do it simply because you are telling me to do it attitude going on there..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  18. #12218
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    heres the link to the study...good study...

    I don't disagree at all the the majority of anti vaxxers lean right, but there are still plenty that dont.

    The breaksdowns in that study should scare you...at least some of them

    https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...february-2021/
    So you concede that your point about looking at the data at the state level hiding the underlying pattern in the data and that your argument was incorrect?

    #justchecking

    Here's the page where I found that data btw.

    https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the...es-is-growing/

  19. #12219
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    9,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    heres the link to the study...good study...

    I don't disagree at all the the majority of anti vaxxers lean right, but there are still plenty that dont.

    The breaksdowns in that study should scare you...at least some of them

    https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...february-2021/
    I mean nothing has really changed in the last seven months...

  20. #12220
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Man, with RJ gone our other 3 morons have really stepped it up. Kudos guys! It's almost like the universe demands a contrarian/ignoramus/bad faith equilibrium.... I could swear I heard it expressed once as...deplorables.

    I'll wade into this skidog shit too. Let me break it down.

    If you are an incubator/accelerator of disinformation that is harming public health and safety -> yes, please fuck off and die. The world is better off with out you.

    If you are a victim of bad information, otherwise capable but militantly ignorant despite all the hand holding and help being offered-> welp, thems the breaks. try not to die but no tears if you do.

    If you are a victim of bad information but have no reasoning skills or reasonable avenues for improvement -> it's just sad. the country/system has failed you. I wish we were better
    There are at least three segments, maybe a fourth being people with legit medical concerns. The number of people in the first two camps is probably not huge but they're having an outsized effect on the third.

    The problem is that (thanks to both misinformation and unclear/undetailed communication) the grey area between having legit concerns and just having an exaggerated fear of stuff they've seen reported is a line a lot of people can't discern.

    How many Americans willingly play the lottery/pay the tax on people who are bad at math? It's a lot. And most of them just don't understand probabilities apart from 1 and 0. "Possible" has a very different meaning to these people.

  21. #12221
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    6,189
    Gee, I wonder if anyone is tracking this vaccine hesitancy by County and ZIP code and over time?

    https://vaccine-hesitancy.healthdata.org/

    Check it for yourself.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

  22. #12222
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Golden BC
    Posts
    3,947
    Here is in one place all of the arguments against the vax and vax passports. I just skimmed but some points are way out there like no 47 which if you actually read ref shows that their point is the wrong conclusion.

    https://www.eastonspectator.com/2021...UlNo50TUp7n-Rc

    So yes it exists up here to even with a high vac rate.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

  23. #12223
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,641
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    There are at least three segments, maybe a fourth being people with legit medical concerns. The number of people in the first two camps is probably not huge but they're having an outsized effect on the third.

    The problem is that (thanks to both misinformation and unclear/undetailed communication) the grey area between having legit concerns and just having an exaggerated fear of stuff they've seen reported is a line a lot of people can't discern.

    How many Americans willingly play the lottery/pay the tax on people who are bad at math? It's a lot. And most of them just don't understand probabilities apart from 1 and 0. "Possible" has a very different meaning to these people.
    Tax on people who are bad at statistics. Not necessarily bad at math.

  24. #12224
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Donner Summit
    Posts
    1,047
    I don't blame the people who are unwilling to get vaccinated - they're getting different information from all sides and I can see why people are mistrustful and skeptical and confused, particularly if they're already predisposed to distrust information from authorities. I do blame the people who are knowingly spreading misinformation and FUD about vaccines for financial or political gain. These are mostly (but not exclusively) on the right.

    This is why I support vaccine mandates - in the end I don't really care whether people believe vaccines are effective or necessary, I care that they get them. If they're only getting them because they need them to keep their jobs or go to school or stay in the military or get on a plane or whatever that's OK. The vaccine will work just as well regardless of what they think.

    An analogy - my local fire district requires that home owners clean up their lots in order to maintain defensible space. That's because the state of my lot affects the risk for my neighbors, and for the community at large. The fire district doesn't really care what my opinion is about wildfire origins, defensible space, property rights, or anything else.

  25. #12225
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    13,370
    Name:  4p9j7962ean71.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  41.0 KB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •