Page 800 of 929 FirstFirst ... 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 ... LastLast
Results 19,976 to 20,000 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Double like

Farmer is majorly immunocompromised, is >65 and has a risk factor, or he has two risk factors for severe COVID.

Either that or the hospital needs to fucking share their Sotrovimab with the other hospitals that are out of mAbs despite more restrictive inclusion criteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    pst: it’s why people hate lawyers.
    Well aware of that
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Farmer is majorly immunocompromised, is >65 and has a risk factor, or he has two risk factors for severe COVID.

Either that or the hospital needs to fucking share their Sotrovimab with the other hospitals that are out of mAbs despite more restrictive inclusion criteria.
    Well he is a racist bigot. That's a risk factor, right?

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Our local hospital had them available. Right after they gave me the results they gave me a handout with the number to call if I wanted them.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    Also, how come you went to the hospital for a covid test?

Were you having trouble breathing?

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post

My closet test is a hospital as well. They have so many services there. It’s really a nice facility too.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    My closet test is a hospital as well. They have so many services there. It’s really a nice facility too.
    Ours is begging people not to go there unless they have a life threatening emergency.

Emergency room and hospital sure. Other services still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    why don't they just release an Omicron specific vaccine today for those who want it? It's already being manufactured today.
    You're getting it. The first people don't need convincing, just a chance to volunteer. Phase I for safety and verify the dosing and move on. The volunteers become the proof anyway. (And they should be paid for that service, but that's another topic.)

The airplane analogy is a bit like fitting a substitute component: some stuff needs to be tested, but a lot can be skipped by analyzing what changed (or didn't). One difference in civilian aircraft is there is no added risk allowed--there's no way to justify that, so a new part has to be as safe or safer.

This is more like military aircraft where you can often trade some reliability for performance and be net safer--if you're being shot at, getting away faster is safer. There's a risk to not improving.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post

Small town. Only place to get a test is the hospital. Testing was drive through in the parking lot across the street. Regeneron treatment was in a pop up building in the parking garage.

I had symptoms, but nothing hospital worthy. Oxygen was at 97% when they took vitals during the treatment this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Theoretical problem is that if changing the mRNA vaccine to address a new strain's spike protein (or functional equivalent that serves to allow viral entry into the cell), there's no guarantee the translated protein will fold to the proper 3D morphology that serves as a useful epitope for the immune system to act on.

Question mofro might be able to address is what are the odds of generating an epitope that leads to negative consequences?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Trolling is someone who doesn't believe in what they say just to cause a ruckus. I truly believe it what I say. From the beginning of the pandemic, I thought our entire response was too focused on how to keep our little gated communities safe (i.e. the US) while saying fuck off to the rest of the planet. I'm a big picture, long term thinker. And the big picture, long term, shows that it really doesn't matter if 100% of America is vaccinated with a vaccine made for the dominant variant if Africa and other shit hole countries stay at 7% vaccination. And domestically, I want 100% to get vaccinated but question whether shoving it down the throat of the 33% who remain vaccine skeptical is the right way to accomplish that goal, particularly when we plan to CONTINUALLY vaccinate that 33%. There is nothing wrong with questioning the status quo.
    Africa at 7 percent vaccinated is less of a problem than you think. Most very poor people in Africa do not travel, even tho the big cities in Africa, so the chance of contagion is small

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Theoretical problem is that if changing the mRNA vaccine to address a new strain's spike protein (or functional equivalent that serves to allow viral entry into the cell), there's no guarantee the translated protein will fold to the proper 3D morphology that serves as a useful epitope for the immune system to act on.

Question mofro might be able to address is what are the odds of generating an epitope that leads to negative consequences?
    Would this be more of a problem for SARS-CoV2 than flu?

Along similar lines, if producing an omicron-specific vaccine, is there a reason it couldn't be mixed with one for original or delta? Curious about the implications for Corbevax, for example: if they produce 100M doses/month and then come out with a new one, could the "old" doses be mixed with a newer version, or anything similar?

Small town. Only place to get a test is the hospital. Testing was drive through in the parking lot across the street. Regeneron treatment was in a pop up building in the parking garage.

I had symptoms, but nothing hospital worthy. Oxygen was at 97% when they took vitals during the treatment this morning.

You got Regeneron treatment for Omicron?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post

Psst. Science was quickly able to determine the structure of omicron, and of course the virus also uses this same RNA sequence to produce its folded spike trimer, inside the human cell.
    We don't have an issue with proper protein folding based on size exclusion chromatography and retention of Mab binding for any of the spikes we have made- now including omicron.

But remember, in order for that mRNA vaccine to work, we actually need to form a Spike trimer on the outside of the cell the mRNA is delivered to, via transit the ER and golgi apparatus. Unfolded and misfolded proteins won't make it through to get placed on the cell surface and are targeted to degradation pathways.

Ie, this is a non-issue.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Covid.....political asshattery for the modern, albeit aged, TGR collective.

FWIW, I work in a community that very much supports Trump, and most of the population at highest risk (over 65) is vaccinated. They understand the risk. I can't cite specific percentages, but I'm surprised at how many patients tell me they had their booster, and I assumed they had not been vaccinated.

Continually generalizing entire demographics does nothing to further vaccination efforts. Certainly increases push back and makes my job infinitely more difficult, and perhaps cost me $$ as some of my income is based on quality measures that revolve around vaccinations.
    Last edited by Trackhead; 01-20-2022 at 07:23 AM.

FWIW, I work in a community that very much supports Trump, and most of the population at highest risk (over 65) is vaccinated. They understand the risk. I can't cite specific percentages, but I'm surprised at how many patients tell me they had their booster, and I assumed they had not been vaccinated.
    Some positive news for a change.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2022-01-20-06-36-33-553_com.android.chrome.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	604.9 KB 
ID:	402028
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post

False

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...eveloping-imm/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Psst. Science was quickly able to determine the structure of omicron, and of course the virus also uses this same RNA sequence to produce its folded spike trimer, inside the human cell.
    We don't have an issue with proper protein folding based on size exclusion chromatography and retention of Mab binding for any of the spikes we have made- now including omicron.

But remember, in order for that mRNA vaccine to work, we actually need to form a Spike trimer on the outside of the cell the mRNA is delivered to, via transit the ER and golgi apparatus. Unfolded and misfolded proteins won't make it through to get placed on the cell surface and are targeted to degradation pathways.

Ie, this is a non-issue.
    I always appreciate your ability to post so succinctly in your expertise

If you were hospital-worthy or had low oxygen due to COVID-19, it would have excluded you from getting the treatment. Hopefully you will not get any worse and recover quickly!

Are you sure they gave you Regeneron and not Sotrovimab? We stopped giving Regeneron over a month ago because it doesn't work against Omicron. They stopped shipping Regeneron nationally 4 weeks ago.

Everything is Omicron.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I always appreciate your ability to post so succinctly in your expertise
    Yeah but could someone please explain it with an aircraft analogy?

stop being a cunt you piece of shit

"The article, by an author identified only as "a concerned reader," appeared on a website called The Exposé, which describes itself as an alternative to the U.K. government-owned BBC and "lying" mainstream media."

Full Blown AIDS!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well, my turn to catch the kung flu.

Double vaxxed with moderna, woke up yesterday with fever, chills, cough. Added body aches to the list this morning. Took the monoclonal antibody today, so we'll see if that speeds things up.
    Farmer is a racist pos.